PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Cable TV ratings for NDSU/Montana

Lehigh Football Nation
September 1st, 2015, 12:10 PM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/09/01/saturday-cable-ratings-football-wins-day-akame-ga-kill-boxing-let-the-church-say-amen-hell-on-wheels-more/455974/

NFL Preseason Football (Steelers/Buffalo Bills) topped Saturday's originals with a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating. Akame Ga Kill came in second, with a 0.6 adults 18-49 rating, even with last week.

Top 5 Cable shows for Saturday:

Saturday cable ratings: (all Live+Same Day ratings):

Show Network Time Viewers (000) (Live + SD) Adult 18-49 Rating (Live + SD)
BIG BANG THEORY, THE TBS 10:30 PM 2355 0.8
BIG BANG THEORY, THE TBS 10:00 PM 2144 0.8
SPONGEBOB NICK 10:00 AM 2125 0.5
RAVE DISNEY 09:00 AM 2079 0.5
MULAN DISNEY 08:00 PM 2060 0.5

Top 5 Cable Sports Shows for Saturday:
Show Network Time Viewers (000) (Live + SD) Adult 18-49 Rating (Live + SD)

NFL PRESEASON NFL 04:00 PM 1710 0.7
PREMIER BOXING CHAMPS L ESPN 10:00 PM 1217 0.5
NCAA FOOTBALL L ESPN 03:30 PM 981 0.3
NFL GAMEDAY LIVE NFL NETWORK 07:14 PM 921 0.3
SPORTSCENTER 12AM L ESPN 12:12 AM 755 0.3

My unbiased opinion is that ESPN will be very happy with these numbers, hitting 981,000 viewers on TV up against NFL Preseason. What's not clear to me is whether this includes online and streaming customers. If these are not included, that means the actual "reach" of the game is much, much higher since so many people use ESPN3.

UNI Pike
September 1st, 2015, 12:26 PM
Why wouldn't they count ESPN3 results? It would definitely be to ESPN's benefit when speaking to advertisers. And, you would think it would be the easiest number to obtain, as you could could the number of connected accounts.

AshevilleApp2
September 1st, 2015, 12:34 PM
Why wouldn't they count ESPN3 results? It would definitely be to ESPN's benefit when speaking to advertisers. And, you would think it would be the easiest number to obtain, as you could could the number of connected accounts.

So ESPN3 carried it in other places? Not here. Had to make the pilgrimage to a bar a couple of blocks away to see the game.

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2015, 12:35 PM
Wow that's actually pretty terrible. Was hoping to see much higher. xnonono2x

UNI Pike
September 1st, 2015, 12:37 PM
I would not be able to tell first hand if games was on ESPN3, as my XY let the magic smoke out of the Xbox about a month ago.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

RootinFerDukes
September 1st, 2015, 12:44 PM
Don't most bowl featuring G5 schools get ratings in the low 1M range. Those are fbs, aired during the publicly perceived "regular season" and are always on ESPN.
Considering we're Fcs and many fans didn't realize football had started yet, that number is promising.

BluBengal07
September 2nd, 2015, 11:13 PM
xscanx hopefully, this number is not including ESPN3 numbers.

bluehenbillk
September 3rd, 2015, 07:07 AM
Wow that's actually pretty terrible. Was hoping to see much higher. xnonono2x

Wow, I agree. You'd figure that this would be as good a matchup FCS could currently offered & frankly - hardly anybody watched it. Makes you wonder if ESPN will continue it or if they'll say "why don't we do it with FBS teams"?

RootinFerDukes
September 3rd, 2015, 07:36 AM
Wow, I agree. You'd figure that this would be as good a matchup FCS could currently offered & frankly - hardly anybody watched it. Makes you wonder if ESPN will continue it or if they'll say "why don't we do it with FBS teams"?

Good thing there's reports they're already considering making it two games starting next year. They must be so upset at ESPN.

IBleedYellow
September 3rd, 2015, 07:38 AM
Good thing there's reports they're already considering making it two games starting next year. They must be so upset at ESPN.
Crazy, right? We're sitting here thinking it's bad and ESPN is already scheduling more!

Bisonator
September 3rd, 2015, 09:36 AM
Last years game between EWU and SHSU got a .5 share so it was better. I think if ESPN had done just a little promo it would do even better. I don't understand why they don't. I also think some FCS fans were disappointed with last years production which featured a bunch of FBS talk and that clown Cowturd in the booth. This years crew and production was way better. Hopefully it continues to grow next year!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2015, 09:39 AM
That NDSU/Montana game was one of the best FCS games on TV I've ever seen produced anywhere, and I've seen a lot FCS games. A huge part of that was Brent Musberger and his professionalism. The way he flowed the storylines in that game and brought them to an unfamiliar audience to FCS was outstanding.

It helped immensely that it was a terrific game, iconic venue, for sure, but Brent brought it all together.

veinup
September 3rd, 2015, 09:49 AM
doesnt surprise me. nobody knows these teams, no marketing, etc.

bluehenbillk
September 3rd, 2015, 10:13 AM
What was up with the place being empty the last half of the 2Q and first half of the 3Q - everyone out boozing? Seriously, the side they showed on TV was half-full at best!

veinup
September 3rd, 2015, 10:16 AM
What was up with the place being empty the last half of the 2Q and first half of the 3Q - everyone out boozing? Seriously, the side they showed on TV was half-full at best!

that is correct

catbob
September 3rd, 2015, 12:56 PM
Both Montana schools have this problem. Everyone tries to rush to the tailgate at half and drink, but many don't make it back until the end of the 3rd Q, if at all. We uhh... like to drink in Montucky.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
September 3rd, 2015, 01:00 PM
Both Montana schools have this problem. Everyone tries to rush to the tailgate at half and drink, but many don't make it back until the end of the 3rd Q, if at all. We uhh... like to drink in Montucky.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Related topic. I tried to make it outside and back in over halftime (ended up grabbing something from concessions too)....Missed the first drive and a half of the 3rd quarter. Considering how much of a mess it would be to leave the Fargodome...walk to the tailgate area...and return back, I couldn't give two ****s anymore if NDSU doesn't allow re-entry....want the stands full to start the second half.

Silenoz
September 3rd, 2015, 01:13 PM
Yeah I generally don't leave at half. It's impossible to get out and back in without missing a drive or two

I can drink beer almost whenever I want. I only get a few hours of Griz games a year.

RootinFerDukes
September 3rd, 2015, 02:19 PM
Just as a side note. JMU has no re-entry to try to keep fans in the stands all game and to have fewer drunks throughout the game by not letting them keep drinking.
Unfortunately, people are going to do what they want to do. By not having re-entry, they still leave, but they don't come back now.

walliver
September 3rd, 2015, 02:25 PM
Don't forget that these are both schools from sparsely populated states (Montana 1.024 million and ND 739,000) representing less than 1% of the US population. Also the game was telecast during a weekend dominated by high school games on the ESPN family. The FCS game apparently drew much better than the high school marathon.

I suspect a Sunbelt, MAC or CUSA match-up would draw similar numbers.

veinup
September 4th, 2015, 09:24 AM

i dont see that as a big problem.

also, i'm glad our ratings beat the highschool kids! xthumbsupxxrotatehx

Missingnumber7
September 4th, 2015, 09:44 AM
ESPN posted the number at a .7 as compared with last years EWU/SHSU game at a .5 and the championship game at a 1.01.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Can't believe some of the glass-half-empty responses to this. The fact that about a million fans watched a regular season FCS game sounds pretty good to me.

And in regards to the TV broadcast, I think this was the best ESPN production of an FCS game that I have ever seen. We discussed that angle in an article last week at College Sports Journal. Here is the link:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/843-montana-s-perfect-day-results-in-38-35-upset-of-north-dakota-state

Missingnumber7
September 4th, 2015, 11:36 AM
Can't believe some of the glass-half-empty responses to this. The fact that about a million fans watched a regular season FCS game sounds pretty good to me.

And in regards to the TV broadcast, I think this was the best ESPN production of an FCS game that I have ever seen. We discussed that angle in an article last week at College Sports Journal. Here is the link:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/843-montana-s-perfect-day-results-in-38-35-upset-of-north-dakota-state

I agree 100% haveing Jesse Palmer and Musberger calling the game is a huge win. It came across as very professional, and not only that but it wasn't 2 guys who usually call MAC or MWC games that didn't know anything about the game. I thought that both guys brought lots of information about both teams into the game. They brought a level of professionalism that all broadcasters need to bring to doing any broadcast. If someone didn't know anything about college football or the schools involved they wouldn't have had a clue that this was an out of the ordinary weekend for college football.