PDA

View Full Version : AGS GOTW Week 1

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2015, 10:25 AM
Get your nominations in for Week 1 AGS Game of the Week

No time to look for a better game list so we'll use our schedule if you need to look for week 1 games. NDSU/Montana was not week 1 for this purpose just to give you a reference.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gzhIxE4If0TFpg2tbG25JMGCCsh5AjoTnv8R_8NmQeI/edit#gid=6

You must say "I nominate" or "I second" or your nomination will NOT be counted! Cutoff is Tuesday 12 Noon East Coast Time.

You may nominate only one game. You may second as many as you'd like.

--------------------------------

Nominated:

Seconded:
UCA vs. Samford - 1
W&M @ Lafayette - 1
JSU/Chatty - 10
Montana Grizzlies vs. Cal Poly Mustangs - 6

BEAR
August 31st, 2015, 10:26 AM
I nominate UCA vs. Samford.

UCA underrated.
Samford not sure.

Good game to show the FCS fans where each team stands.

Tribe4SF
August 31st, 2015, 10:31 AM
I nominate W&M @ Lafayette. Last of four meetings between these teams who had never met prior to 2012.

eiu1999
August 31st, 2015, 10:34 AM
EIU-WIU

SU DOG
August 31st, 2015, 10:34 AM
I nominate UCA vs. Samford.

UCA underrated.
Samford not sure.

Good game to show the FCS fans where each team stands.

Second. Samford is definitely underrated, and I'm not sure about UCA. LOL

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2015, 10:45 AM
I nominate JSU/Chatty

- - - Updated - - -

I second UCA/Samford.

melloware13
August 31st, 2015, 10:46 AM
I second W&M at Lafayette

citdog
August 31st, 2015, 11:12 AM
I second Gamecocks and Chatty and there is no reason to look any further than that one. Only matchup of top teams in the FCS

RootinFerDukes
August 31st, 2015, 11:17 AM
I second Jacksonville State/Chattanooga.

Bisonator
August 31st, 2015, 11:18 AM
I second Gamecocks and Chatty and there is no reason to look any further than that one. Only matchup of top teams in the FCS

I third and agree. Definitely the GOTW.

SU DOG
August 31st, 2015, 11:24 AM
Even though I said SECOND to our game with UCA, UTC vs JSU has got to be the #1 game this week.

Missingnumber7
August 31st, 2015, 11:39 AM

I definately second this game. Hopefully this is a good game, this is the one I'm going out of my way to watch this weekend.

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2015, 11:53 AM
A new year, and another year of posters who don't follow the ****ing rules! xlolx

CHIP72
August 31st, 2015, 11:54 AM
I nominate Fordham/Army as an intriguing FCS/FBS matchup.

I second Jacksonville State/Chattanooga.

Go...gate
August 31st, 2015, 12:14 PM

I concur with the gentleman from South Carolina.

Wondering how Colgate will make out against their first Top 50 (give or take) team since facing #3 Syracuse in 1987. It is going to be in the 90's at Annapolis Saturday afternoon.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2015, 12:17 PM

Note to the new guys. The AGS GOTW only covers FCS vs. FCS matchups. FBS is never considered in these. Also lower division is never considered.

Read my first post and if you do not follow my rules exactly as I laid them out I ignore your posts just so you know why you were not counted.

When you see someone nominate a game that you want to second, quote that original nomination and say "I second", "seconded", or something like that and it's real clear what is being done. If you want to bitch about or think I'm being a dick about my rules on this I am all for that and agree with you...I am a dick about this. It's tough enough keeping track of this **** without having to deal with the extra idle talk that goes on like "Oh this team x vs. team y matchup is gonna be good!".

Make it easy on me and anyone else running these. Quote the nomination and second it, simple stuff guys and gals.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2015, 12:21 PM
Not that the extra idle chatter is not good. It is very good. I just want a single quote which is easy to pick up on and count and then feel free to chat it up in another box all you want cuz it is what this place is about.

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2015, 12:22 PM
Not that the extra idle chatter is not good. It is very good. I just want a single quote which is easy to pick up on and count and then feel free to chat it up in another box all you want cuz it is what this place is about.

is it? :D

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2015, 12:24 PM
I nominate:

Montana Grizzlies vs. Cal Poly Mustangs

slostang
August 31st, 2015, 12:28 PM
I nominate:

I second this game.

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2015, 12:29 PM
I nominate:

I second this one as well....

IBleedYellow
August 31st, 2015, 12:33 PM
I nominate JSU/Chatty

I second this game.

I nominate:

I second this game also.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2015, 12:40 PM

KPSUL
August 31st, 2015, 02:39 PM
I second JSU @ CHATTY

FargoBison
August 31st, 2015, 05:52 PM
I second Montana-CP

bobcathpdevil56
August 31st, 2015, 07:15 PM
I second U of Montana vs. Cal Poly

Southern Bison
August 31st, 2015, 07:44 PM
I second JSU vs. Chattanooga

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

paward
August 31st, 2015, 07:50 PM
Second JSU vs Chatty

UCMoc
August 31st, 2015, 07:58 PM
Second JSU-Chattanooga

malibudude
August 31st, 2015, 08:05 PM
I nominate:

Seconded

Milktruck74
August 31st, 2015, 08:14 PM
I second Cocks vs Mocs. or third or 18th..... However, in Retrospect....I would like to nominate Bye-Zon (as Musburger says) vs Griz as the Game of the Year.....Exciting the whole way through!!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 31st, 2015, 08:18 PM
I second Jacksonville State and Chatty.....

veinup
August 31st, 2015, 08:23 PM
I second UM/POLY

IBleedYellow
August 31st, 2015, 08:27 PM
^^^

Seriously guys...go and quote the damn game you are seconding.

caribbeanhen
August 31st, 2015, 08:37 PM
Cal Poly vs Montana - gotta love creative innovation

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2015, 03:14 PM
-----------------------------
Nominations over.

Closed momentarily for poll addition.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2015, 03:17 PM
I second UM/POLY
This was counted, as IBY said though, a quick quote with a "second" works best but I knew this was a second so it goes.

Cal Poly vs Montana - gotta love creative innovation
I'm not sure if this is second or a comment so as I said before I just assume it's a comment. If you meant it to be a second it was wasted but I agree with your thinking.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2015, 03:25 PM
This is back open with the poll attached so cast your vote. You have until Thursday around the time of this posting. I'd subtract 5 or 10 minutes to be safe cuz I know this is a big decision that you will need to put much effort in to. xlolx

dbackjon
September 1st, 2015, 03:30 PM
I nominate the Lumberjack Classic.

Open it back up, dammit!

Grizalltheway
September 1st, 2015, 04:54 PM
Pretty nervous about the CP match up. They always play us tough (unless they blow us out like last year), and my heart can't take another game like last week.

kdinva
September 1st, 2015, 05:04 PM

I thought you would go for CCU/Furman......

bobcathpdevil56
September 1st, 2015, 06:35 PM
Pretty nervous about the CP match up. They always play us tough (unless they blow us out like last year), and my heart can't take another game like last week.

This sure has the makings of a trap game. Cal Poly might just have enough to pull of a big upset.

veinup
September 1st, 2015, 08:27 PM

same here.

on a related note coach stitt's whole "go for it on 4th down" every time mentality is bound to bite us in the ass eventually. i understand the thinking behind it but it's gonna get us into trouble sooner or later. saying "the defense will just have to bail us out sometimes" sounds great if the defense did bail you out and you beat the #1 team, but when the defense doesn't bail you out ... ...

bobcathpdevil56
September 1st, 2015, 09:06 PM
same here.

on a related note coach stitt's whole "go for it on 4th down" every time mentality is bound to bite us in the ass eventually. i understand the thinking behind it but it's gonna get us into trouble sooner or later. saying "the defense will just have to bail us out sometimes" sounds great if the defense did bail you out and you beat the #1 team, but when the defense doesn't bail you out ... ...

Might, actually, be a good idea against a TOP killer like Cal Poly. If you extend a few drives and give yourself a few more plays, especially with explosive players like the Griz have, you might give yourself a small edge.

Holy s$%^ I just agreed with what the Griz do. I am getting old

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2015, 11:09 PM
This sure has the makings of a trap game. Cal Poly might just have enough to pull of a big upset.

At best I think it's a small upset even with the recent occurrence.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2015, 11:16 PM
same here.

56 gave part of my perspective already there but I've watched the deal on Kevin Kelly (goes for it every time on 4th) and the point is when you are at a certain spot on the field whether it be on your side of the 50 or not there is very little change in the % of times the opposing team will score based on a 20 or 30 difference so other than maybe being on the field for more yards it doesn't make a big difference and when you grab 60 or 70% of those 4th downs you are trying then that makes a huge f'n difference.

Not saying it won't hurt on a couple of possessions and those could be all it takes in some games but in general...it works in your favor is the point. Check out the "money ball" type aspect of what I was saying and it will ease your mind a bit...at least, it helped me.

citdog
September 2nd, 2015, 01:42 PM
I thought you would go for CCU/Furman......

furman sucks

MTfan4life
September 2nd, 2015, 03:46 PM
At best I think it's a small upset even with the recent occurrence.

This. It can't really be called a big upset when Cal Poly returns 9 offensive starters from a team that just decimated the Montana defense last season, including the quarterback who did most of the damage in Chris Brown.

Milktruck74
September 3rd, 2015, 06:47 AM
furman sucks

Having 4 kids running around my house (13,11,3,2) nothing in my life is predictable....except when I get on AGS....Citdog will always remind me that Furman Sucks.

BEAR
September 3rd, 2015, 10:39 AM
Having 4 kids running around my house (13,11,3,2) nothing in my life is predictable....except when I get on AGS....Citdog will always remind me that Furman Sucks.

That and you still hate Marshall. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2015, 02:33 PM
AS a coummunity you got involved AGS and it is starting to feel like old times around here again.

Thank you for voting.