PDA

View Full Version : HBCU Football video game?

SU Jag
November 29th, 2006, 10:49 AM
I was talking to my younger cousin who is a member of the Miles College marching band, and he informed me that a company had attended a few games and recorded audio for a HBCU Football game, has anyone heard about this?

arranger101
November 29th, 2006, 11:03 AM
No, I haven't, but it should be interesting. I just hope it comes out better than Arena Football '06!: smh :

HIU 93
November 29th, 2006, 01:24 PM
There was a game in development that was slated for a fall 2006 (I think) release. I guess the funding/contracts fell through. It would be good, since EA Sports won't give HBCU football OR Div. I-AA (dammit, I ain't changing! xlolx ) the respect we deserve.

GannonFan
November 29th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Now see, if you could have an extra feature for the bands at halftime that would be cool as well. It's never been done before, but who's to say it couldn't be?

MACHIAVELLI
November 29th, 2006, 02:52 PM
There was a crew at one of the ICON's home games. I don't know if it is the same people who were interested in doing one about two years ago. I saw the demo they put together and it included the marching bands.

SU Jag
November 30th, 2006, 09:35 AM
I heard more about it yesterday!:nod: Seems like its suposed to be released in 07', they've been to Southern, Jackson State, and Tuskegee also. I cant find much info on it besides a lil bit of the SWAC board. I cant wait to play it!:nod:

SU Jag
November 30th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Who's over production? EA Sports?????:confused:

arranger101
November 30th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Now see, if you could have an extra feature for the bands at halftime that would be cool as well. It's never been done before, but who's to say it couldn't be?

I am taking classes at Devry in video game technology, trust me, I am working on putting a quality halftime show together for the game. It will be a quality football game, but it will be the only one to feature marching bands. I currently have about 570 audio and video clips of bands(510-HBCU, 60-I-AA) to use for the game. Once I complete my classes next year, I would love to get a crew together from here, 5thQ, MEACFans, and TSPN to work on this project of mine! I have contacted EA Sports, 989 Sports and one other private sporting agency and I will keep you all informed!

I want these for the game....

FOOTBALL
-Mascots for individual schools
-Playoffs and individual classic games
-Pics of I-AA stadiums and field

BANDS
-Photos of various bands for the loading screens
-Pre-game show or Star-Spangled Banner
-Bands/sectional battles playing throughout the game/and menu screens
-Full halftime show(optional to the player)
-5th Quarter played while viewing post game stats or seperate feature

If there are any ideas that you may have please include them, this is not going to be just for me, but for I-AA in general...this is why I want to get a band board on AGS!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 30th, 2006, 12:18 PM
If this is true, they would have to at the very least go through EA Sports, who owns the rights, logos, and likenesses to NCAA D-I schools. However, I'm not sure if they have the rights to D-II schools, which they would need to get Miles College, etc. In any event if it's "NCAA Certified" they'll need to go through the NCAA.

I'd contact the EA to find out if this is something they're doing, or if it's part of NCAA '08.

Why would there be an HBCU-only game? It doesn't make sense to me. Do they only play other HBCUs? That's not realistic. HBCUs obviously play Towson, McNeese State and non-HBCUs. What do they say then when they play them, "non-HBCU"?

GannonFan
November 30th, 2006, 12:22 PM
I am taking classes at Devry in video game technology, trust me, I am working on putting a quality halftime show together for the game. It will be a quality football game, but it will be the only one to feature marching bands. I currently have about 570 audio and video clips of bands(510-HBCU, 60-I-AA) to use for the game. Once I complete my classes next year, I would love to get a crew together from here, 5thQ, MEACFans, and TSPN to work on this project of mine! I have contacted EA Sports, 989 Sports and one other private sporting agency and I will keep you all informed!

I want these for the game....

FOOTBALL
-Mascots for individual schools
-Playoffs and individual classic games
-Pics of I-AA stadiums and field

BANDS
-Photos of various bands for the loading screens
-Pre-game show or Star-Spangled Banner
-Bands/sectional battles playing throughout the game/and menu screens
-Full halftime show(optional to the player)
-5th Quarter played while viewing post game stats or seperate feature

If there are any ideas that you may have please include them, this is not going to be just for me, but for I-AA in general...this is why I want to get a band board on AGS!

Now see, that would be cool - I like best the feature of the playing during the game, especially if it's expansive enough that you get the real feel of what gameday would sound like. What they have now in games like what EA Sports put out when the I-A teams play is a start, but even then it's not a shadow of what they play during the game. Making it a true to life immersion would be very cool. Good luck on it!

GannonFan
November 30th, 2006, 12:23 PM
...this is why I want to get a band board on AGS!

Not a bad idea - if Ralph is listening, any reason why this couldn't happen? At the worst it would be a flop you could close up later. I don't think it would flop though.

Happy Penguin
November 30th, 2006, 12:23 PM
There was a game in development that was slated for a fall 2006 (I think) release. I guess the funding/contracts fell through. It would be good, since EA Sports won't give HBCU football OR Div. I-AA (dammit, I ain't changing! xlolx ) the respect we deserve.

Hey buddy, where you been?

We missed you on the JMU threads.

BAMAS!

arranger101
November 30th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Not a bad idea - if Ralph is listening, any reason why this couldn't happen? At the worst it would be a flop you could close up later. I don't think it would flop though.

Going with band will never flop, only then will you see the "in the closet" bandheads on this site!:nod: xlolx :rotateh:

GannonFan
November 30th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Going with band will never flop, only then will you see the "in the closet" bandheads on this site!:nod: xlolx :rotateh:

Not sure that everyone isn't a bandhead to some extent - you can't love college football without loving the bands - they go hand in hand. :nod:

HIU 93
December 1st, 2006, 07:56 AM
Hey buddy, where you been?

We missed you on the JMU threads.

BAMAS!

I've been dealing with the death of my grandmother and a busy work schedule. Do you have anything better to do, or do you plan on continuing this stalking?

Happy Penguin
December 1st, 2006, 09:30 AM
I've been dealing with the death of my grandmother and a busy work schedule. Do you have anything better to do, or do you plan on continuing this stalking?

Sorry about your grandmother. Next year, don't start talking smack on a non-smack board for a game in which you have no vested interest.

HIU 93
December 2nd, 2006, 12:05 PM
Next year, don't start talking smack on a non-smack board for a game in which you have no vested interest.

Look here, I told you once about trying to tell me what to do. Now, maybe internet stalking is your game. It ain't mine- and there is no need for it. I am not hard to find.

SU Jag
June 20th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Its comming!!!I got a lot of info on the game last night from one of my classmates who is a Hampton grad, the game is actually not being made by EA Sports its actually be produced by some grads of Hampton, SC State, and a few other MEAC schools. They're trying to get the game released this year but it lookis like it will be 2008 or better before they can get it on the shelves. They have a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo that they must go through and the production cost are highxeekx xeekx They have a Madden BCF model out now but they're aiming towards having their own football brand in stores.xnodx

http://tinypic.com/24g7kbd.jpg

MACHIAVELLI
June 20th, 2007, 11:20 AM
UAPB and TxSU in Reliant. Interesting. I wish them well with the venture.

SU Jag
June 20th, 2007, 11:23 AM
UAPB and TxSU in Reliant. Interesting. I wish them well with the venture.

Hey Mach check your PM!

Jag4Life
June 20th, 2007, 11:34 AM
LMAO I also hope they have the stadium look different. Every time they make a college game, all HBCU school stadiums are the same.

SU Jag
June 20th, 2007, 11:40 AM
LMAO I also hope they have the stadium look different. Every time they make a college game, all HBCU school stadiums are the same.

They stadium are perfect in this one!xnodx You should see AAMUs on therexeekx xeekx xeekx

B&G
June 20th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Wow, I would but this game in an instant unless I heard it was hot garbage.

Jag4Life
June 20th, 2007, 11:45 AM
They stadium are perfect in this one!xnodx You should see AAMUs on therexeekx xeekx xeekx

Wow, do they have pictures yet? I can't wait to get it. I hope it is on XBOX, and how does our stadium look?

SU Jag
June 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Wow, do they have pictures yet? I can't wait to get it. I hope it is on XBOX, and how does our stadium look?

Nope, only on download form now!xbawlingx They're working hard to get it on shelves as quickly as they can. This project has been in the developement stages for about 3 years. The pics that I saw where on a friend's computer. I didnt see SUs stadium but I got a quick peek at AAMUs, Tuskegee, Stillman, and Hampton.

Jag4Life
June 20th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Nope, only on download form now!xbawlingx They're working hard to get it on shelves as quickly as they can. This project has been in the developement stages for about 3 years. The pics that I saw where on a friend's computer. I didnt see SUs stadium but I got a quick peek at AAMUs, Tuskegee, Stillman, and Hampton.

Can I see AAMUs stadium?? I can't wait to see this game.

SU Jag
June 20th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Can I see AAMUs stadium?? I can't wait to see this game.

Let me find the link, and I'll post it!xnodx

Jag4Life
June 20th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Let me find the link, and I'll post it!xnodx

Alright. I appreciate it.

SU Jag
June 20th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Alright. I appreciate it.

Here is a lnk to the old website and the original project, they have a new website though!
http://maddenbcf.meacfans.com/

Jag4Life
June 20th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Here is a lnk to the old website and the original project, they have a new website though!
http://maddenbcf.meacfans.com/
Oh. What's the new site?

SU Jag
June 20th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Oh. What's the new site?

I cant find the linkxsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Jag4Life
June 20th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I cant find the linkxsmhx xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

SU Jag
June 20th, 2007, 01:23 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Go to the MEAC site and you'll find it!xnodx

Jag4Life
June 20th, 2007, 01:45 PM

It downloaded in ZIP file, and has the stuff in Windows Media Player and when I clicked on them they have all kinds of stuff written in different letters and all that in the Notepad program.

813Jag
June 20th, 2007, 02:30 PM
It downloaded in ZIP file, and has the stuff in Windows Media Player and when I clicked on them they have all kinds of stuff written in different letters and all that in the Notepad program.

Could you PM me that link. xthumbsupx

813Jag
June 20th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Good looking out. xthumbsupx

SU Jag
September 2nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
Could you PM me that link. xthumbsupx

Here it is http://bcfxgame.com/trailer.htm
The game will be out in November, I got a chance to play it at the game tonight.xnodx xnodx xeekx xeekx