PDA

View Full Version : College Of Charleston Football?

ElCid
August 30th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Not anytime soon apparently, but there is talk. Interesting article about general costs to field a team and options.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150829/PC20/150829229/1032

They did have a team at one time. Last time The Citadel played them was 1914.

RootinFerDukes
August 30th, 2015, 01:15 PM
If they field a team, I hope they're brought into the CAA.

ElCid
August 30th, 2015, 01:47 PM
I am certain we would not want them. Big South maybe, if it still exists.

melloware13
August 30th, 2015, 02:43 PM
I'm pretty sure they would have to be CAA unless they left the conference beforehand. Similar to Old Dominion and Georgia State.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 30th, 2015, 02:56 PM
1. How does an article written essentially about South Carolina football avoid talking about Coastal Carolina? This article somehow managed to pull that off.

2. Might CoC think more seriously about FCS football if Coastal is toiling in the Sun Belt? That's the thought I had after reading the article.

AshevilleApp2
August 30th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Seems like they are better off not making the move.

OL FU
August 30th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I always thought the mascot cougar fit their alumni base pretty well.xsmiley_wix

walliver
August 30th, 2015, 04:34 PM
1. How does an article written essentially about South Carolina football avoid talking about Coastal Carolina? This article somehow managed to pull that off.

2. Might CoC think more seriously about FCS football if Coastal is toiling in the Sun Belt? That's the thought I had after reading the article.

You don't understand the College of Charleston.
Although not particularly well thought-of outside of the Charleston Metro area, they consider themselves one of America's Elite Institutions. They have one of the best basketball programs in the nation ... and so on.
The College of Knowledge would not consider Coastal as a peer.

In reality, they are a landlocked basketball school in downtown Charleston with no room for an on-campus practice facility. Playing at General Hagood's Stadium would not go over well (CofC students would immediately demand a name-change, and even then wouldn't go to games). Land is too precious on the peninsula to build a new stadium. This football talk will soon be forgotten when basketball practice starts.

Go...gate
August 30th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Patriot League?

superman7515
August 30th, 2015, 07:29 PM
If they field a team, I hope they're brought into the CAA.

I hope they are tossed out of the CAA tomorrow, along with any other school south of Virginia, and the Great Shame that has been allowing teams from the Carolina's and Georgia into this once venerable gathering of institutions should be wiped from the history books.

whoanellie
August 30th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Hell they could not keep the swim team, just say'n

ElonFirefighter
August 30th, 2015, 08:44 PM
I hope they are tossed out of the CAA tomorrow, along with any other school south of Virginia, and the Great Shame that has been allowing teams from the Carolina's and Georgia into this once venerable gathering of institutions should be wiped from the history books.

:( that hurts superman.... all I wanted was to be accepted.

superman7515
August 30th, 2015, 08:57 PM
:( that hurts superman.... all I wanted was to be accepted.

xlolx

Iam4Mocs
August 31st, 2015, 02:45 PM
I am certain we would not want them. Big South maybe, if it still exists.

They burned to many bridges on their way out of the SoCon. College of Chuck can be the saviors of the CAA in basketball and football.

LC1142
August 31st, 2015, 04:23 PM
I always thought the mascot cougar fit their alumni base pretty well.xsmiley_wix

Amen brother. My sons looked at that school for baseball as well. Both will tell you that to this day they have never seen so many good looking women as on that campus. I'll never forget one thing my oldest said to me while on a tour and baseball camp. "Dad, even the Mom's are beautiful at this school."

LC1142
August 31st, 2015, 04:26 PM

best thing that could happen to the CAA is to add Furman and Wofford. great fit with the CAA academic schools. One day JMU will leave, hopefully sooner than later.

MarkCCU
August 31st, 2015, 08:06 PM
Will never happen. The school is 60% female, there's no room here for a stadium, starting up is expensive, etc.... I don't think they add it. This isn't the first time this discussion has come up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superman7515
August 31st, 2015, 08:22 PM
best thing that could happen to the CAA is to add Furman and Wofford. great fit with the CAA academic schools. One day JMU will leave, hopefully sooner than later.

And then split in half.

All sports:
Albany
Stony Brook
Delaware
Towson
Maine
New Hampshire
Rhode Island
Northeastern
Hofstra
Drexel