PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Griz!

Bisonator
August 29th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Congratulations to the Montana Grizzlies and their fans!

One hell of a hard fought win. You guys deserved it, you out played the Bison today. Congrats again!

Gil Dobie
August 29th, 2015, 06:28 PM
What a way to start the College Football Season. Great game to watch, although my team lost.

Congrats to the Griz!

UNIFanSince1983
August 29th, 2015, 06:31 PM
That was a hell of a football game. Congrats to the Griz. That was the perfect showcase for FCS to start the year!

Normally, you expect NDSU to be making the plays for the game winning drive. Looks like the defense has a little work to do, but NDSU will still be really good this year as that offense is potent!

centennial
August 29th, 2015, 06:34 PM
Good job Montana! We have work to do.

Bison56
August 29th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Great game to start the season and to showcase the FCS to the nation.

kdinva
August 29th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Good win for Montana. One thing at the end I would have done: after montana's "winning" TD, I would have lined up for a 2 pt PAT and taken a knee......as if NDSU had blocked the kick PAT and ran it back for two, we would have had OT...

WestCoastAggie
August 29th, 2015, 06:39 PM
Great game! Montana wanted that game more but both teams looked great. #Props

BisoNick
August 29th, 2015, 06:40 PM
What a great game!! HUGE congrats to the Griz! They beat us up and down the field. That being said I am VERY worried about our defense. They had so many chances to put it away. Oh well. Time to get to the bye week and work! Another big congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebootfitter
August 29th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Fantastic game and atmosphere! Congrats to the Griz on a hard fought win. Thanks for the hospitality, Montana!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Laker
August 29th, 2015, 06:54 PM
Instant classic. Great way to start out the football season.

TheRevSFA
August 29th, 2015, 06:58 PM
What a game. Congrats Griz!!!

personally I'm hoping this was a NC preview

IBleedYellow
August 29th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Damn that was one of the best games I've ever been at! Good game Griz!

Now let's go 8-0 each in conference and meet in Frisco!

CFBfan
August 29th, 2015, 07:06 PM

One hell of a hard fought win. You guys deserved it, you out played the Bison today. Congrats again!

great game, great win for the Griz but I must say congrats to NDSU fans/posters as you have displayed great sportsmanship and class with your posts tonight

Southern Bison
August 29th, 2015, 07:06 PM
The Griz have an offense that's quite impressive...congrats on the win.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Silenoz
August 29th, 2015, 07:17 PM
My heart is still going 200 mph

RootinFerDukes
August 29th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Good win for Montana. One thing at the end I would have done: after montana's "winning" TD, I would have lined up for a 2 pt PAT and taken a knee......as if NDSU had blocked the kick PAT and ran it back for two, we would have had OT...

Why take a knee? Why not attempt the two points? Same score if you don't get it. Only a few seconds remained if I remember right.

longtimemocfan
August 29th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Great game to watch !! Congrats Griz !! Bison fans have been gracious in the loss.. Still a long season and NDSU could be a playing for another title in the end.

BearKatProud
August 29th, 2015, 07:21 PM
Congrats Griz! Also, hats off to Bison fans for offering credit and no excuses, shows why NDSU has such a solid program.

RootinFerDukes
August 29th, 2015, 07:31 PM
I am also happy to see so many ndsu fans being good sports. After losses, especially bitter ones, I'm going to be salty for at least 24 hours.

Professor Chaos
August 29th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Congrats Griz! Great game and great win. Beyond that I couldn't be more impressed with how classy your fans have been after the game. Sitting in the tailgate lot waiting for the traffic to hear we've had Griz fan after Griz fan chat us up and there's been a ton of mutual respect. Very impressed overall with the Griz team and especially the Griz fans.

bullitt_60
August 29th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Go Griz! The school, stadium, fans showed well too. Looked great.

catamount man
August 29th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Hell of a game to both teams! Way to go GRIZ!!!

clickclack
August 29th, 2015, 08:02 PM
That was a whale of a game, congrats to Montana. Watching a game like this I see how much farther UA has to go. That was a fun way to start out the season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Great game to watch.

Hats off to the Griz!

knucklehead
August 29th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Terrific game! Congrats Montana. Thanks to both for a great kickoff.
Can't wait to see a highly ranked Montana team at "The Bill" here in Lynchburg in a few weeks. Going to be a fun game with an amazing atmosphere. We will try not to have smoke.

blueballs
August 29th, 2015, 08:10 PM
Congratulations to both programs!!! That was fun to watch!!!

That was as well played a first game as we could have asked for. Both teams were pretty crisp and played with great intensity. Perhaps E$PN will now see that some pretty darned exciting and good football is played somewhere other than the $EC and Big 10.

Great job by two flagship programs in FCS, you represented yourselves and the division great today!

Bisonoline
August 29th, 2015, 08:12 PM
They out played us. Simple.

knucklehead
August 29th, 2015, 08:20 PM
Terrific game! Congrats Montana. Thanks to both for a great kickoff.
Can't wait to see a highly ranked Montana team at "The Bill" here in Lynchburg in a few weeks. Going to be a fun game with an amazing atmosphere. We will try not to have smoke.

Tribe4SF
August 29th, 2015, 08:21 PM
Wow! Great showcase for FCS!

paward
August 29th, 2015, 08:33 PM
FCS at its best. Way to go Griz. I had you in my power pick em. Thank you!

No_Skill
August 29th, 2015, 08:48 PM
We need more games with Montana. I hate that we lost, but that was a fun game.

No_Skill
August 29th, 2015, 08:49 PM
We need more games with Montana. I hate that we lost, but that was a damn exciting game.

veinup
August 29th, 2015, 09:02 PM
WHY CANT I POST

GO GRIZ

APaladindad
August 29th, 2015, 09:35 PM
Great game for FCS! Both teams had their great and not so great moments. I hope the game is available to see again on ESPN.

NDSUSR
August 29th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Congrats Griz! Also, hats off to Bison fans for offering credit and no excuses, shows why NDSU has such a solid program.

We dont get too salty when we get beat fair and square.
Great effort from the Griz!! Congrats to the Griz and all of their fans!

TheKingpin28
August 29th, 2015, 09:42 PM
Always a great day to be a Bison fan but Montana's offense would not go away. Best had some serious swagger on that last drive and throughout the game

paward
August 29th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Good job Griz. I had you in my pick em.

APaladindad
August 29th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Great game for FCS! Both teams had their great and not so great moments. I hope the game is available to see again on ESPN.

APaladindad
August 29th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Great game for FCS exposure on ESPN! Both teams had their great and not so great moments. I hope the game is available to see again on ESPN.
I would like to know what the viewer ratings were?

APaladindad
August 29th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Instant classic. Great way to start out the football season.

Great game for FCS exposure on ESPN! Both teams had their great and not so great moments. I hope the game is available to see again on ESPN.

APaladindad
August 29th, 2015, 10:03 PM
I can't seem to get post to go through!

appvette
August 29th, 2015, 10:21 PM
We had a big end of summer party with a bunch of App fans and it almost felt like a big App game the way everybody was cheering! Great win Griz!

dewey
August 29th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Congratulations to the Montana Grizzlies on winning the game.

Imho the game came down to a few times where NDSU could have won the game.
1. Before the end of the first half NDSU misses a field goal that would have put them up by 10 points going to half time.
2. The defense makes 2 or 3 stops to start the 2nd half but the offense cannot do anything after being nearly unstoppable in the 1st half. A lot of credit goes to the Montana defense for stepping up big time.
3. When NDSU leads by 4 with less than 2 minutes to go and has the ball 2nd and 5 don't get cute and pass the ball. Run the dam ball and either get a 1st down or force Montana to use timeouts.

Some will throw the defense under the bus for the drive at the end of the game but they only gave up 17 points in the 2nd half and forced Montana to a game winning 16 play drive that spanned 80 yards.

Make no mistake this is not excuses by me but opportunities NDSU missed that could have won the game.

At the end of the day all this loss does is make an undefeated season no longer possible. A conference and National Championship is still attainable.

Go Bison!

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2015, 12:30 AM

My friend made note of that as they lined up, luckily that possibility didn't happen but you were not alone in the gamesmanship on that one.

bojeta
August 30th, 2015, 12:34 AM
Great win for the Griz! Congratulations! Well, if we didn't already know it was going to be a tough opener for Cal Poly next week, we know it now. Looking forward to it :)

MTfan4life
August 30th, 2015, 12:48 AM
Why take a knee? Why not attempt the two points? Same score if you don't get it. Only a few seconds remained if I remember right.

Ask any Furman fan those questions and you'll understand why attempting the two points isn't as safe as you think.

dudeitsaid
August 30th, 2015, 01:02 AM
Congrats Griz! That was one of the most exciting games I've seen, and a heck of a way to kick off the entire college football season. Both teams really put on a show that represented the FCS very well. The crowd was amazing! Heck of a game! Heck of a finish!

And Stitt has added a level of excitement and aggressiveness to your team that will make you guys very dangerous. I look forward to seeing our teams clash this year!

SUUTbird
August 30th, 2015, 01:18 AM
Congrats to the Grizzlies representing the Big Sky and taking down the defending champs in a tough fought game, props to NDSU as well was easily one of the best football games I've seen in a long time. Not going to lie I'm very happy my T-Birds don't have to play you guys this year after watching that offensive performance!

Nickels
August 30th, 2015, 01:49 AM
Uh oh. Someone's getting a little too popular.

Stitt is featured on the front page of ESPN's CFB page ( http://espn.go.com/college-football/ ). Griz fans better enjoy their 2 seasons with him at the helm. :D

SUUTbird
August 30th, 2015, 01:54 AM
I'm not so sure that he would actually leave Montana that fast, he has been known by coaches of all levels for awhile now and he still stayed at Colorado School of Mines for 15 seasons. I hope he stays on until the foreseeable future which based on his past resume seems that there's a chance.

AshevilleApp2
August 30th, 2015, 03:59 AM
Congratulations to both teams and fan bases! Great showcase for the division!

And I know all about close losses at Montana. xnodx

Catatonic
August 30th, 2015, 04:46 AM
I'm not so sure that he would actually leave Montana that fast, he has been known by coaches of all levels for awhile now and he still stayed at Colorado School of Mines for 15 seasons. I hope he stays on until the foreseeable future which based on his past resume seems that there's a chance.

I dunno. He's in his early 50's. Opportunity may not come knocking in 15 years. He seems to like the mountain West. Couple of schools with likely openings in a year or two might interest him-Colorado or New Mexico...maybe others. Who knows in the coaching business.

bonarae
August 30th, 2015, 05:42 AM
Great game by the two teams to start the FCS season. xnodx

CFBfan
August 30th, 2015, 06:13 AM

great game, congrats to the griz but also congrats to all the ndsu fans/posters on here for your great sportsmanship and display of class.

Milktruck74
August 30th, 2015, 08:08 AM
Love-Hate Relationship with this game....

Loved watching a great game.
Loved seeing the FCS putting on a show for the rest of the football world
Loved seeing the all Excitement
(I have to admit) I did enjoy seeing the mighty taken down a notch (I usually pull for the underdog)

HATE that my top 10 is all JACKED UP NOW!!!!!

Congrats Griz, you played a great game. Congrats By-Zon (as Musburger says), as usual you looked great....

Good Luck on your seasons. See you guys in December!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Love-Hate Relationship with this game....

Loved watching a great game.
Loved seeing the FCS putting on a show for the rest of the football world
Loved seeing the all Excitement
(I have to admit) I did enjoy seeing the mighty taken down a notch (I usually pull for the underdog)

HATE that my top 10 is all JACKED UP NOW!!!!!

Congrats Griz, you played a great game. Congrats By-Zon (as Musburger says), as usual you looked great....

Good Luck on your seasons. See you guys in December!!!!!

Or January!!!!!!

veinup
August 30th, 2015, 08:45 AM
i still can't believe that happened. great showcase for FCS, as everyone has mentioned. appreciate the classiness of the bison fans on here. after the game yesterday while AGS was dying (complete tragedy IMO) i went over to bisonville or some bison fan board and everybody there seemed relatively level headed, it was weird as ****. nothing like egriz lol

anyway what a game. think i'll watch the second half again today.

Grizzlies82
August 30th, 2015, 08:59 AM

1. Before the end of the first half NDSU misses a field goal that would have put them up by 10 points going to half time.
2. The defense makes 2 or 3 stops to start the 2nd half but the offense cannot do anything after being nearly unstoppable in the 1st half. A lot of credit goes to the Montana defense for stepping up big time.
3. When NDSU leads by 4 with less than 2 minutes to go and has the ball 2nd and 5 don't get cute and pass the ball. Run the dam ball and either get a 1st down or force Montana to use timeouts.

Some will throw the defense under the bus for the drive at the end of the game but they only gave up 17 points in the 2nd half and forced Montana to a game winning 16 play drive that spanned 80 yards.

Make no mistake this is not excuses by me but opportunities NDSU missed that could have won the game.

At the end of the day all this loss does is make an undefeated season no longer possible. A conference and National Championship is still attainable.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Good post Dewey. I fully agree that game could have gone either way. Each team made some mistakes and each have some real issues to correct. Though overall I was pleased how well both were playing for their season opener. I feared the NDSU machine would grind out the clock for the final 3:30. Glad the o coordinator tried to pass on them and our D rose to the occasion.

It was a great showcase for all of FCS and both schools. Hopefully ESPN got good numbers out of it considering they barely promoted the game. I sure anyone who tuned in had to enjoy it.
Best of luck to ND State this year. Hopefully our kids match up again in the playoffs (preferably in Missoula rather than Fargo). Go Griz!

parr90
August 30th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Great win Griz. Hate to say it but had not been for the players on the field, your coach may have gotten you beat. Going for it on 4th down on his side of the field right before half, and still some decent time on the clock. No one does that. He should have punted the ball and pinned ND down and made them have to drive the field to score, which probably wouldn't have happened, and you go in half tied instead of being down. Then some of the other play calls. Just a little bit risky IMO. Other than that Griz are back. ND still very good team and will be there again for the playoffs to be reckoned with.

parr90
August 30th, 2015, 10:14 AM

Go Bison!

Dewey

Problem with showing where ND could have won the game is that I could also show you other areas of the game that would have allowed Montana win the game as well.

EllsworthGriz
August 30th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Like to thank all the high quality, very gracious, incredible cool NDSU fans that made the long trip to Missoula. I made the trip to Fargo last year and was treated awesome the whole time. Nothing but first class you NDSU fans are. Both teams and the fans have a high respect for each others programs. Touring Missoula's Brewery's for some good beer in a old bus and then to the Griz hall of fame and football stadium with all you was a great time. Plus having a couple beer taps on the side of the bus with us only increased the fun. The game lived up to what I hoped it could be and exceeded my hope by ten fold with the Griz winning on the last seconds of the clock. I do believe a true rivalry between our to schools was created today with the Griz winning. A Griz loss would be just another team that can't beat the Bison. Also, after a Griz touch down I tossed out many small bags of chips. Its a tradition that has been going on for a long time. I hit a NDSU fan in the head and you seemed very upset and I just would like to apologize to you. My intentions were good, but my aim was poor and I'm sorry about that. Those little bags are hard to aim. Good luck to NDSU with the rest of the season.

THE HERD
August 30th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Awesome game! Just came up a little short.....congrats Griz! Hopefully we see u again this year.

Griz23
August 30th, 2015, 11:47 AM
What a showcase game for FCS. It could not have been scripted better in Hollywood. It was a true slugfest between two model FCS programs. I was watching from the edged of my seat armchair quarterbacking like mad. It was simply a fantastic game and the right team won!
Congratulations to both teams and their fans. It might be a bitter pill for the Bizon faithful to swallow but the Griz were just one play better.
Up with Montana Boys……Go Griz

polsongrizz
August 30th, 2015, 11:56 AM

it was a great game. We had about 15-20 Bison fans at our tailgate before and after the game. All very nice people.

ElCid
August 30th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Congrats to the Griz. That had to be one of the best games I have seen in a while. Even my Dad who does not follow FCS very much called me and was impressed. Maybe ESPN learns from this and puts even more FCS games on. Wonder how the ratings came in. Anyone?

polsongrizz
August 30th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Great win Griz. Hate to say it but had not been for the players on the field, your coach may have gotten you beat. Going for it on 4th down on his side of the field right before half, and still some decent time on the clock. No one does that. He should have punted the ball and pinned ND down and made them have to drive the field to score, which probably wouldn't have happened, and you go in half tied instead of being down. Then some of the other play calls. Just a little bit risky IMO. Other than that Griz are back. ND still very good team and will be there again for the playoffs to be reckoned with.
Except you would be wrong. This is what he has always done no matter where he has coached...

Twentysix
August 30th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Congrats Griz! What an excellent football game! I loved it. I look forward to many OOC matchups between NDSU and UM. I'd love to play you guys OOC 3-4 times a decade.

Daytripper
August 30th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Can't imagine a better showcase game for the FCS. Well played on both sides. Looking forward to more games like this. Hopefully these TV networks see the caliber of play and dedicated fan support and show more FCS games on live television. ESPN3 is okay, but nothing like getting national recognition.

mtbigdog
August 30th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Had the pleasure of tail gating with Bison fans yesterday. Great group of people. One fan in particular with a great sense of humor. "John" this is for you.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21256&stc=1 :D

DuckDuckGriz
August 30th, 2015, 01:14 PM
I lost my voice yesterday. And got drunk.

Great game by NDSU. A well-oiled machine that we were happy to be hanging with into the third and elated to pull out the win.

There were several mistakes by both teams. A bunch of mis-reads and mis-communications between Gustafson and the receivers which, once ironed out, will be a blast to watch. Air Read is back!

Griz23
August 30th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Can't imagine a better showcase game for the FCS. Well played on both sides. Looking forward to more games like this. Hopefully these TV networks see the caliber of play and dedicated fan support and show more FCS games on live television. ESPN3 is okay, but nothing like getting national recognition.

ESPN should consider a trifecta next year with two additional FCS out of conference games between good teams. Games of that magnitude should generate more interest than the high school football games they televised yesterday. Who watches those games?
I realize that there are some great OOC games coming up but they will be played during the BCS love fest so probably wouldn’t get the national exposure they deserve. The Chattanooga/Jacksonville State match up, Montana at Liberty, Eastern Washington at Northern Iowa are going to be great games but will probably be televised via the local affiliates. Showcasing games like them at the opening of the season would provide greater FCS exposure and great viewing.

TheRevSFA
August 30th, 2015, 01:46 PM

Da Herd
August 30th, 2015, 04:57 PM
Congrats Griz fans, I bet some of you aren't feeling as good today! Must have been a good time in Missoula last night.

I think the fact that there weren't any big controversial calls or lucky bounces minimizes the animosity amongst opposing fans after the game. It was a pretty obvious that the Griz just beat the Bison. I cant remember many big games or playoff games where there wasn't at least a few questionable calls to get worked up over, the Zebras can take that as a rare compliment i guess.

The thing that sticks with me is how badly Jordan Champion (#5) was getting torched play after play. I almost feel bad for him. #6 and #7 for the Griz absolutely worked the Bison DBs. There were some big plays when the DB was in perfect position and appeared to get beat by a superior athlete. The Griz QB made some great plays but had enough misses that I think a Marcus Williams or CJ Smith would have had another pick. Here's to hoping the Bison can tighten that up or they'll have a tough time going forward.

Also got the feeling that we have been fortunate to have the Bison snatch victory from the jaws of defeat so much recently that it has to roll the other way sometimes. This was less painful than the UNI thrashing last year!

Grizalltheway
August 30th, 2015, 05:51 PM
I think there was mostly underwear soiling going on in Bozeman last night.

GABison
August 30th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Congrats on the win.

Da Herd
August 30th, 2015, 06:45 PM
I think there was mostly underwear soiling going on in Bozeman last night.

Haha my bad getting my towns mixed up. likely true.

Hammerhead
August 30th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Griz were great and deserved the win. Sitting up in the corner of the end zone, the crowd was into the game more than most other stadiums -- college or NFL. Montana fans were also great after the game wishing us a safe drive home and praising our team's efforts.

WWII
August 30th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Congrats. It was such a great game. I hope FCS picked up some fans.

Daved
August 30th, 2015, 09:28 PM
great game, great win for the Griz but I must say congrats to NDSU fans/posters as you have displayed great sportsmanship and class with your posts tonightDitto!

BisonFan02
August 30th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Great game Griz...it was a fun trip and every Griz fan I chatted with before/after the game were 100% class. You always will have a few jackwagons, but that is expected. :D That being said, holy **** is that a long drive. xlolx

AmsterBison
August 31st, 2015, 07:45 AM
Loved the movie but hated the ending :)

BISON Thunder
August 31st, 2015, 08:12 AM
What a great, great time!! Congrat's to Montana and fans...certainly a derserved victory. Thank you too for the hospitality and the fantastic atmosphere (not in a literal sense). Other than the sting of the loss, will look back on this with cherished memories.

Raven Maniac
August 31st, 2015, 02:11 PM

LOL I bet you do! #battleofthepineywoods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalklee."

gregatim
August 31st, 2015, 03:05 PM
Loved the movie but hated the ending :)

Ha, ha, ha, I feel the same way, but we can hope there is a sequel in 2015 or better yet, early 2016.

Congratulations to the Griz and fans. You have to be excited about your team and new coaching staff as they are going to make for some exciting football!! I couldn't think of a better way for the FCS to start the season on national television.

Despite the loss, I still ordered tickets for the NC game :D it's not how you start, its how you finish. Still a lot to be optimistic about as a Bison fan.

blackbeard
August 31st, 2015, 03:24 PM
That was a hell of a football game! Both teams should be thanked for putting on such a great show and helping make FCS Football more relevant to the masses.

SeattleGriz
September 1st, 2015, 09:16 PM
Except you would be wrong. This is what he has always done no matter where he has coached...
Someone on eGriz looked at the play by play and said Stitt was +10 on the fourth downs. 17 points scored involving a 4th down in the drive and 7 against when not converting. Also look at how many more plays it gave the Griz in the end.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2015, 11:07 PM
Someone on eGriz looked at the play by play and said Stitt was +10 on the fourth downs. 17 points scored involving a 4th down in the drive and 7 against when not converting. Also look at how many more plays it gave the Griz in the end.

I think people are gonna have to start looking at the number and seeing if punting is always the way to go, even in those formerly "for sure" areas. It's gonna bite ya once in a while there is no doubt about that but he has a damn good TOP for the sort of O he runs so it must work together pretty well.

dewey
September 2nd, 2015, 08:15 AM

You also need to keep in mind that 2 of those 4th down conversions were in the last drive where there is no way you would punt so therefore the numbers are not as great.

I can see how with Stitt's up tempo offense and trying to run as many plays as possible that going for it on 4th down on your side of the field is not as big of a gamble as NDSU doing the samething. NDSU likes to limit the possessions and control the clock and slowly strangle you to death. Both strategies have worked in the past and will continue to work in the future.

Which reminds me when there is about 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and you have the ball with a 2nd and 7 upcoming run the FREAKING ball to burn up the clock or force them to use timeouts....ugh!

Dewey

McNeese75
September 2nd, 2015, 08:57 AM
I think people are gonna have to start looking at the number and seeing if punting is always the way to go, even in those formerly "for sure" areas. It's gonna bite ya once in a while there is no doubt about that but he has a damn good TOP for the sort of O he runs so it must work together pretty well.

One Coach has been on board for a while now
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/08/13/the-highly-successful-high-school-coach-who-never-punts-has-another-radical-idea/

Bisonator
September 2nd, 2015, 09:01 AM

You live by the sword you die by the sword. Sometimes it works and and sometimes it doesn't. I would say you are going to get burned more times then not against quality opponents. What's Stitt's playoff record in D2?

BEAR
September 2nd, 2015, 09:13 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/08/13/the-highly-successful-high-school-coach-who-never-punts-has-another-radical-idea/

I've spoken to coach Kelley a couple of times in the past. He believes that if you give up your fourth down you really give up 25% of your offense! I guess in high school if you're on the negative side of the field with fourth down and fail the next Monday no one will care much because you have to be in class teaching history or gym. In college... well that's a totally different story! xlolx

But back to the GRIZ- Bison game...way to go! Great game and games like this SHOULD attract a few more fans to watch the FCS!

Silenoz
September 2nd, 2015, 11:34 AM
You live by the sword you die by the sword. Sometimes it works and and sometimes it doesn't. I would say you are going to get burned more times then not against quality opponents. What's Stitt's playoff record in D2?

What was Willie Fritz's record in DII? Sometimes you just need the resources

Grizalltheway
September 2nd, 2015, 11:40 AM
What was Willie Fritz's record in DII? Sometimes you just need the resources

xnodxxnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 11:45 AM

Yeah, I mentioned his name in the other thread where this had come up as well.xthumbsupx