PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs Montana game

dewey
August 29th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Now that the forum is working again. Impressive start offensively by Carson Wentz and the NDSU offense but the Grizzlies offense has been very good as well.

Dewey

dewey
August 29th, 2015, 04:36 PM
My original prediction was NDSU 31 Montana 17 but it might be more like...

NDSU 56
Montana 35

Go Bison!

Dewey

UNI Pike
August 29th, 2015, 04:37 PM
MT is playing uphill on defense. And maybe KO coverage.

NDSU definitely needs to find another FG kicker if anything like that first FG attempt shows up again.

Nickels
August 29th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Both teams look good...but not great.

dewey
August 29th, 2015, 04:39 PM
It is surprising to see how empty the stadium is at the second half kickoff...

Dewey

dewey
August 29th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Big 3 and out there for the Bison defense.

Dewey

UNI Pike
August 29th, 2015, 04:41 PM

Dewey

Apparently you can exit the stadium at half time, and return

Drblankstare
August 29th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Whosever D shows up will win. Impressive O from both teams. It's going to close

UNI Pike
August 29th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Not overly impressed with the MT QB. Seems to be aiming the ball.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Apparently you can exit the stadium at half time, and return

It's really strange how they allow it. It greatly diminishes the 3rd quarter atmosphere.....

caribbeanhen
August 29th, 2015, 05:01 PM
enjoying the game just good to see some football. now lets see if Stits has got some

Rollbird5
August 29th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Exciting game so far! Fun to watch

Rollbird5
August 29th, 2015, 05:06 PM
Exciting game! Fun to watch, glad football is back!

UNI Pike
August 29th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Wow - MT finally finds a way to stuff the run

clenz
August 29th, 2015, 05:08 PM
NDSU looks....different

They don't look like NDSU of the last few years. Wentz is their only offense, and even with that his passing game isn't hurting Montana too much - it's his legs.
The defense looks...new....which I get.

It doesn't feel like I'm watching NDSU right now, let's just leave it at that for right now

lionsrking2
August 29th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Defense optional in this one

dwtime
August 29th, 2015, 05:29 PM
NDSU offense looks like it hasn't missed a beat, still amazing, but the Bison will not win the National Championship if the defense doesn't improve. I would expect that would not be the case but Montana has moved at will at times today.

veinup
August 29th, 2015, 05:29 PM
It's really strange how they allow it. It greatly diminishes the 3rd quarter atmosphere.....

its a free country and people want to drink

dwtime
August 29th, 2015, 06:00 PM
Great game, offense from both teams look good.

WestCoastAggie
August 29th, 2015, 06:11 PM
Great game!

dwtime
August 29th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Who doesn't love FCS football?

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 29th, 2015, 06:16 PM
That was a great show. The "Air Bear" is back!

Credit has to go to the Griz. When they clean up all of the mistakes they will be very tough to beat.

GAD
August 29th, 2015, 06:17 PM

Dewey
They just come to see the bands

SUUTbird
August 29th, 2015, 06:19 PM
GRIZ WIN

Bison56
What a game. Good luck to the griz the rest of the way.

Drblankstare
AGS Is totally broken for me right now. I have no idea if my posts are even landing, but I want to give the Grizz fans a very hearty congrats. Great game.

Tribe4SF
August 29th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Wow! Talk about a showcase for FCS!

344Johnson
August 29th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Well, it was only one game against a team running a fun offense... But this defense looked bad. Like wow.

veinup
August 29th, 2015, 06:21 PM
OH MY GOD

Gil Dobie
August 29th, 2015, 06:22 PM
What a way to start the College Football Season. Great game to watch, although my team lost.

Congrats to the Griz!

Pard4Life
August 29th, 2015, 06:23 PM
Tuned in and out but wow, #5 was getting picked on.

NDSU players and fans seem like they just lost the national title. Though loss but oh right... playoffs.

Great game, nice win for Griz.

DoubleH
August 29th, 2015, 06:23 PM
What a game. One of the better football games I've ever seen, at any level. Congrats to the Griz

SUUTbird
August 29th, 2015, 06:28 PM
GRIZ WIN

clenz
August 29th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Well, it was only one game against a team running a fun offense... But this defense looked bad. Like wow.
That's the offense UNI appears to be running...kind of...but with MVFC size...

UNI/Montana might have 500 plays run next year

McNeese75
August 29th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Great game and a true showcase for FCS. Congrats to the Griz

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

August 29th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Looks like we (Bison) need to work on turnovers and pass defense. Good job Griz.

AshevilleApp2
August 30th, 2015, 11:06 AM

They like their party, and they are very good at it. There would probably be a revolt if that changed.

AshevilleApp2
August 30th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Tuned in and out but wow, #5 was getting picked on.

NDSU players and fans seem like they just lost the national title. Though loss but oh right... playoffs.

Great game, nice win for Griz.

Definitely better to lose a close game at Montana on opening day than in the Semi's.

mvemjsunpx
August 30th, 2015, 11:10 AM
They like their party, and they are very good at it. There would probably be a revolt if that changed.

No question. The tailgates close before halftime ends, though, so the hangover doesn't linger too long.

http://gogriz.com/sports/2015/3/3/GEN_2014010136.aspx

veinup
August 30th, 2015, 12:24 PM

exactly. its a free nation under god. if people want to go out and get hammered at half time they must be allowed to do so.

100%GRIZ
August 30th, 2015, 12:52 PM
Personally I spent my $50 to watch a game, not a portion of a game. I have a friend that goes to the tailgate & doesn't show til the 4th quarter. I guess beer is more important than football to him but I have to admit I am just a football freak & I get plenty of beer after the game!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Personally I spent my $50 to watch a game, not a portion of a game. I have a friend that goes to the tailgate & doesn't show til the 4th quarter. I guess beer is more important than football to him but I have to admit I am just a football freak & I get plenty of beer after the game!

Good, you can cover for thos of us that enjoy the entertainment of a game but also enjoy the entertainment of our friend out an the tailgate at half time. I've been doing this since that place opened and got a good handle on what being a Griz is about and some of it definitely the party.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2015, 02:07 PM

Not for us that buy the tickets. They try and disallow it and they will have trouble, I guarantee you that. When you are UM and you have good fans that fill your stadium and pay the highest prices in the FCS to do so I don't think you'd do yourself any favors thinking you are in the place to allow or disallow us to do what we do and have always done btw.

Your short sighted solution would likely lead to the stadium having a lot of open seats for the whole second half which would be much worse than the 5 or 10 minutes to open the third.

Everything is on TV for us so if you want to fill tailgate vehicles after half with people watching TV in motor homes and drinking some beers then try screwing with a system that works but might have a few minutes of "shame" at the beginning of the 3rd qtr. You'll **** it up real good, real quick. xlolx

KPSUL
August 30th, 2015, 02:30 PM
The same tradition of extended halftime tailgating exists at UNH home games, in fact I was impressed that all the seats at Washington Stadium were filled again in the 4th quarter. It was truly an incredible college football facility and atmosphere. I've never seen better!

Catsfan90
August 30th, 2015, 02:40 PM
I was impressed by how ESPN broadcasted it. Brent Musberger talked and raved about FCS, they very rarely if ever brought of FBS. And they used the format for the screen that they used for all of their bowl games. Outstanding production.

Cleets
August 30th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Musberger who is pretty familiar with the "Griz Football Entertainment System" even said tailgating will effect 3rd quarter seating...
But like clock work the place was back to being PACKED half way through the 3rd quarter'

This is a common theme at Montana and has been ever since they built that stadium and created the environment
25 thousand come with seats
another 10 show up to hang out at the party

Works out great

FargoBison
August 30th, 2015, 02:51 PM
I was impressed by how ESPN broadcasted it. Brent Musberger talked and raved about FCS, they very rarely if ever brought of FBS. And they used the format for the screen that they used for all of their bowl games. Outstanding production.

It was a 1,000 times better than last years debacle with EWU-SHSU, it was a true FCS showcase. Great job by ESPN!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Musberger who is pretty familiar with the "Griz Football Entertainment System" even said tailgating will effect 3rd quarter seating...
But like clock work the place was back to being PACKED half way through the 3rd quarter'

This is a common theme at Montana and has been ever since they built that stadium and created the environment
25 thousand come with seats
another 10 show up to hang out at the party

Works out great

That's the thing that often gets overlooked or it is not believed but I think you have it about right there. No matter when there is always another 8 to 10k outside while the stadium is full UM has monetized it to a degree so that they are getting money off of tailgate spots and so forth from people that don't even have season tickets as of yet.

It doesn't matter what is in the seats (full) there is 30-35k there depending on the event.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Boy I wish someone had a mp4 or some sort of copy of this cuz I've ran myself ragged over the years trying to watch on ESPN"s site.

Da Herd
August 30th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Yep, and if people don't think a good portion of NDSU fans leave the dome for a bar by halftime they are kidding themselves. I was impressed by the crowd noise as it came across in the broadcast. I wish there a bunch more programs with fan bases like the Griz's, it would be great for FCS!

Catsfan90
April 17th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Re watching this game on YouTube, because I was a little too intoxicated the first time to remember it. I have a few takeaways so far

1. Extreme stadium envy.
2. Why can't more FCS games have a broadcast this great?
3. Montana girls......wow....

MR. CHICKEN
April 17th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Re watching this game on YouTube, because I was a little too intoxicated the first time to remember it. I have a few takeaways so far

1. Extreme stadium envy.
2. Why can't more FCS games have a broadcast this great?
3. Montana girls......wow....

...DID YA GET FUR?........DAT MAY HAVE BEEN MONTE.......xdontknowx.....AWK!

Catsfan90
April 17th, 2016, 09:20 PM
...DID YA GET FUR?........DAT MAY HAVE BEEN MONTE.......xdontknowx.....AWK!
Hahaha! It is a beautiful mascot :p

BisonTru
May 2nd, 2016, 02:58 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000658252/article/how-jeff-fisher-la-rams-decided-on-jared-goff-with-no-1-pick

"Coach Fisher?" he said. "I live in North Dakota, and I'm a huge North Dakota State fan. I've been to all five of their national championship games, and I loveCarson Wentz (http://www.nfl.com/player/carsonwentz/2555259/profile). I just want to let you know that I hope you're gonna draft him, and if you do, I'll be a Ram fan for life."Fisher nodded and gave a stoic grin. Then, in an ode to the FCS school where his son, Brandon, was a standout linebacker from 2005 to '09, the coach said to the young man, "Let me ask you a question. How come you guys could never beat Montana?"
Having sufficiently busted his guest's chops, Fisher proceeded to end the conversation on a friendly note. After the North Dakotan went back to his table, Fisher said softly, "He's going to be disappointed tomorrow."

Did Fisher scout the wrong team? UND? xlolx

F'N Hawks
May 2nd, 2016, 03:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000658252/article/how-jeff-fisher-la-rams-decided-on-jared-goff-with-no-1-pick

Did Fisher scout the wrong team? UND? xlolx

Don't think so.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22392&stc=1

BisonTru
May 2nd, 2016, 03:18 PM
Don't think so.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22392&stc=1

That doesn't really help your argument. That just points out how often the two schools get mixed up.

F'N Hawks
May 2nd, 2016, 03:18 PM
That doesn't really help your argument. That just points out how often the two schools get mixed up.

What do you mean?

Professor Chaos
May 2nd, 2016, 03:27 PM
NDSU and Notre Dame???

BisonTru
May 2nd, 2016, 03:34 PM
What do you mean?

Fisher asked a NDSU fan a day before the draft why they could never beat Montana.

There are two teams that get mixed up often in North Dakota. One has struggled to beat the Griz. The other is iirc, 3-1 in recent history including a dominating win over the Griz 4-5 months ago.

Did he watch the right team? xlolx

SUPharmacist
May 2nd, 2016, 03:49 PM
Fisher asked a NDSU fan a day before the draft why they could never beat Montana.

There are two teams that get mixed up often in North Dakota. One has struggled to beat the Griz. The other is iirc, 3-1 in recent history including a dominating win over the Griz 4-5 months ago.

Did he watch the right team? xlolx

To be fair the kickoff probably had the most exposure of those games. That is the one NDSU lost, and of the games this last season that is the one Carson played in and would have possibly been watched by him.

BisonTru
May 2nd, 2016, 04:30 PM
To be fair the kickoff probably had the most exposure of those games. That is the one NDSU lost, and of the games this last season that is the one Carson played in and would have possibly been watched by him.

IDK, this has some head scratchers for me. Obviously, I don't think he watched UND tape, thought that was funny, but it certainly lost its luster now that I had to spell it out. How in the hell do you extensively scout Wentz and not know about either the '14 victory or the playoff victory. First off maybe the coaches don't watch every play every game, but you would think you would at least check out some scores and stats and watch a little film from '14. Then NDSU lost to Montana with Wentz and beat them without Wentz. Wouldn't you watch both to see with your own eyes what was different?

Kinda makes me wonder if they weren't all in on Goff a long time off.

FWIW, Silver is a Cal guy and has been giving Goff a handy through this entire process. Even in the article he says everyone was trying to get to Goff at number one and the Eagles were the only team that liked Wentz and Goff. I'm questioning how accurate he is in his portrayal of how this all went down.