PDA

View Full Version : UNH at UMASS to be broadcast on NESN

UNHWILDCATS05
November 28th, 2006, 06:25 PM
The UNH at UMASS quarterfinal game will be broadcast on NESN (New England Sports Network)

UNH_BLUE
November 28th, 2006, 06:41 PM
The UNH at UMASS quarterfinal game will be broadcast on NESN (New England Sports Network)

That's great news. Thanks for the info. NESN will broadcast live I assume?

UNHFootballAlum
November 28th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Does NESN stream their broadcasts?

UNHWildCats
November 28th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Does NESN stream their broadcasts?

nope :( But CN8 has a game too so lets hope they carrying it aswell. they do stream

UNHWILDCATS05
November 28th, 2006, 07:34 PM
That's great news. Thanks for the info. NESN will broadcast live I assume?

yup, live at 2:30... didn't see this coming at all.. i really thought cn8 would have it...

wildcatbymarriage
November 28th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Way for NESN to step up. If you don't have it, though (I don't, since I'm down in TN), Gameplan still has it. I'd imagine any sports bar, Jillian's, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc. would have it. (This is what I'm hoping, anyway.)

UNHWildCats
November 28th, 2006, 08:21 PM
yup, live at 2:30... didn't see this coming at all.. i really thought cn8 would have it...

Just because NESN bought syndication coverage doesnt mean CN8 didnt aswell. As I said CN8 will be broadcasting a "I-AA Quarterfinal Game" at 2:30PM and I seriously doubt its the Montana game.

FightMass
November 28th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Just because NESN bought syndication coverage doesnt mean CN8 didnt aswell. As I said CN8 will be broadcasting a "I-AA Quarterfinal Game" at 2:30PM and I seriously doubt its the Montana game.
Probably the UMass game would be blacked out on cn8 in NE?

UNHWildCats
November 28th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Probably the Montana game would be blacked out on cn8 in NE?

Why?

FightMass
November 28th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Why?
CN8 and Nesn would never be showing the same programming in the same area. i would assume that NESN would want exclusivity in New England for the game, and that CN8 would show the other game. Fixed my post. Duh.... too much NyQuil :-p

UNHWildCats
November 28th, 2006, 08:32 PM
CN8 and Nesn would never be showing the same programming in the same area. i would assume that NESN would want exclusivity in New England for the game, and that CN8 would show the other game. Fixed my post. Duh.... too much NyQuil :-p

yea but CN8 broadcasts down the east coast. I believe there website plays the programming out of Philadelphia. So for those not in New England with TV access to NESN im sure they can tune into the CN8 webcast of the UNH/UMass game.

I just see no reason for them to be playing Montana on cn8

FightMass
November 28th, 2006, 08:46 PM
yea but CN8 broadcasts down the east coast. I believe there website plays the programming out of Philadelphia. So for those not in New England with TV access to NESN im sure they can tune into the CN8 webcast of the UNH/UMass game.

I just see no reason for them to be playing Montana on cn8I think this is all a big misunderstanding here. You're talking about webcasts i think. I'm saying that they'll black out the game on cn8 on cable so as not to go up against NESN who paid for the feed.
:confused:

Edit: CN8 often splits their programming between New England and Mid Atlantic.

LeopardFan04
November 28th, 2006, 11:46 PM
I think this is all a big misunderstanding here. You're talking about webcasts i think. I'm saying that they'll black out the game on cn8 on cable so as not to go up against NESN who paid for the feed.
:confused:

Edit: CN8 often splits their programming between New England and Mid Atlantic.

Yes, I think that is what will happen...In New England, NESN will show the game and down here CN8 will have it (I hope so, so I can watch)...I know that there have been times in the past where one game is shown in NE and another is shown here...usually it tends to be A10 for one region and Ivy for the other...this is all my best guess anyway...

On a side note, CN8 seems to have really improved/added to their sports coverage. It seems like a couple of years ago that they showed mostly taped high school games...and now they have A10/Ivy football...as well as alot more basketball games...for instance, this past week they picked up a regional network from the South's (can't remember which one) broadcast of the Wake/Bucknell game...hope these trends continue and they carry even more football next year...

Gordon Shumway
November 29th, 2006, 06:24 AM
That is really great news. I'll be able to see the game here in Florida. Anybody with the DirecTV sports pack is in luck, as NESN is one of the regional networks on the sports pack. It also has ESPNU & CSTV for any games that may be on those networks. I'm hoping one of the western regional networks will pick up the Montana game so I can see that one as well.

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Is it gonna be in HD? Does anyone now or are the HD equipment permanently placed at Fenway and the Fleet Center?

UNHWildCats
November 29th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Is it gonna be in HD? Does anyone now or are the HD equipment permanently placed at Fenway and the Fleet Center?

It wont be NESN equipment, they just gonna be broadcasting the ESPN feed.

henfan
November 29th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Should we all send a note of thanks to CN8 & NESN?

OxSoxUNH05
November 29th, 2006, 10:29 AM
It wont be NESN equipment, they just gonna be broadcasting the ESPN feed.

Thats is a good point, however, The YSU-JMU was in HD, but these feeds are gonna be on the Gameplan correct? If so, does Gameplan not offer HD?

Col Hogan
November 29th, 2006, 10:55 AM
nope :( But CN8 has a game too so lets hope they carrying it aswell. they do stream
According to Washington Post on-line TV Guide, CN8 in Northern VA is carrying the UMass-UNH game live...should be the same anywhere CN8 is on the cable.

UNHWildCats
November 29th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Thats is a good point, however, The YSU-JMU was in HD, but these feeds are gonna be on the Gameplan correct? If so, does Gameplan not offer HD?

Not sure. But with such a slow sports weekend they should have enough HD equipment available to have all 4 games in HD

Kabooom
November 29th, 2006, 02:24 PM
::eek: :
That is really great news. I'll be able to see the game here in Florida. Anybody with the DirecTV sports pack is in luck, as NESN is one of the regional networks on the sports pack. It also has ESPNU & CSTV for any games that may be on those networks. I'm hoping one of the western regional networks will pick up the Montana game so I can see that one as well.::eyebrow: :

Altitude TV out of Colorado will be televising the MONTANA/SIU Game ....Channell 644 on Direct TV...Altitude usually does a pretty decent job! The game is LIVE....12:30 mst.......Enjoy!:hurray:

FightMass
November 29th, 2006, 03:02 PM
That is really great news. I'll be able to see the game here in Florida. Anybody with the DirecTV sports pack is in luck, as NESN is one of the regional networks on the sports pack. It also has ESPNU & CSTV for any games that may be on those networks. I'm hoping one of the western regional networks will pick up the Montana game so I can see that one as well.
Josh is that you? :)