PDA

View Full Version : Wash/Griz up close and personal.

Ronbo
November 28th, 2006, 08:15 AM
OK, you've all seen multiple pics of the stadium. But this one is by far the best ever taken. It's a shot from above the stadium during the Griz/Cat game. Attendance was 24,077 and there was a Maroon-Out that game.

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/10001/grizstadium_from_above.jpg

89Hen
November 28th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Love your stadium, but enough pictures. We get it. :p

Ronbo
November 28th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Free Country dude. If you don't want to see it don't click fool.xidiotx

AppGuy04
November 28th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Another thread about this?

There are 10 others

USD Junior

Ronbo
November 28th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Where is the other threads about this picture? Geeze you guys are touchy about Griz fans posting. Everything we post you start bashing it. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE DON'T CLICK! GET IT! How's your grass seat for this weekends game App guy? Very comfortable sitting half your fans in the dirt.

Proud Griz Man
November 28th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Where is the other threads about this picture? Geeze you guys are touchy about Griz fans posting. Everything we post you start bashing it. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE DON'T CLICK! GET IT!

Great picture Ronbo, thanks for posting it.

These neggies are just pushing your buttons.

89Hen
November 28th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Free Country dude. If you don't want to see it don't click fool.xidiotx
If you don't want comments, don't post it on a message board fool. xlolx

bison95
November 28th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Please forward picture to NDSU athletic department! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ronbo
November 28th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Just posting a pic link. Not looking for praise. If you don't like the Griz or our stadium don't look at the pic and don't leave a comment. The main reason it was an interesting pic is that it's the all time attendance record for Montana and the Maroon-Out was great.

If we make the semis we'll go over 200,000 fans again. We're at 161,066 after 7 games. Two more games would easily get us over 200,000. We won't beat the record 221,183 we did in 2004 for 10 home games.

If you have a problem with this info I think you might be jealous. No praise or nice comments are needed. We really don't need them. Save them for the schools that don't draw well normally and then get a big crowd for some reason. They are the ones that need them, we don't need your stroking.:smiley_wi

elkmcc
November 28th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Great picture Ronbo, thanks for posting it.

These neggies are just pushing your buttons.

I don't normally defend ronbo unless there is good reason but I can't bite my tongue on this one. Like it or not there are only 8 teams remaining in this subdivision playoff right now and by golly it is time that Montana is allowed to showcase itself.:hurray:

If you are not a Montana fan at least appreciate the Griz for what their program brings to I-AA/CS. This is an awesome picture that all in our division can take pride in.:hurray:

89Hen
November 28th, 2006, 10:09 AM
by golly it is time that Montana is allowed to showcase itself.
:rolleyes: Have a blast guys.

LacesOut
November 28th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Awesome photo and stadium.

But not the best of the place, imo. The best ones I've seen include the mountains in the background. If so, post 'em! Piss some more jealous fans off! lol

shakdaddy3
November 28th, 2006, 10:36 AM
that is an awesome pic... hopefully ILSU can build a nice stadium and rival Wa-Griz one day... i'm pretty jealous, but more so in admiration than in hatred or anything like that...

i'm all for you guys being proud of your stadium and team... you guys have one of the best teams in the country and because of the loyal fan support you also have great facilities. keep doin FCS proud :)

Ronbo
November 28th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys, but like I said we really don't need a lot of praise. I just posted the pic becuse I thought it was fun seeing all that Maroon from the sky. One thing I will point out is that I have always noticed that whenever a fan posts a stadium upgrade or plans to build 5 or 6 Griz fans will post praise on the first couple pages. The Griz Nation would like to see all the schools have great stadiums and big attendance. It's good for all of us.:thumbsup:

89Hen
November 28th, 2006, 10:48 AM
One thing I will point out is that I have always noticed that whenever a fan posts a stadium upgrade or plans to build 5 or 6 Griz fans will post praise on the first couple pages. The Griz Nation would like to see all the schools have great stadiums and big attendance. It's good for all of us.:thumbsup:
Get off your high horse. I always congratulate everyone on expansion and improvements, including the Griz. If you notice my original comment was partly TIC :p but I got soured by your response.

elkmcc
November 28th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Get off your high horse. I always congratulate everyone on expansion and improvements, including the Griz. If you notice my original comment was partly TIC :p but I got soured by your response.

sour like in grapes I would say. :nono:

89Hen
November 28th, 2006, 11:14 AM
sour like in grapes I would say. :nono:
I guess. I would classify sour grapes as making the first post with a :mad: or :nonono2: and then trying to pass it off as :p .

xcoffeex :p

GrizRick
November 28th, 2006, 11:17 AM
OK, you've all seen multiple pics of the stadium. But this one is by far the best ever taken. It's a shot from above the stadium during the Griz/Cat game. Attendance was 24,077 and there was a Maroon-Out that game.

I think I see myself in the picture! :nod:

psc2445
November 28th, 2006, 11:39 AM
sweet pic

Tailbone
November 28th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Geeze 89,

I always considered you to be a pretty regular guy, but lately you've been displaying more Griz envy than a 'cat fan.

Are you from Bozeman?

89Hen
November 28th, 2006, 11:58 AM
:nod: You guys suck, your stadium is a piece of isht, your mascot has fleas, your uniforms are ugly and your cheerleaders wear army boots. :p :p :p

AggiePride
November 28th, 2006, 12:07 PM
:nod: You guys suck, your stadium is a piece of isht, your mascot has fleas, your uniforms are ugly and your cheerleaders wear army boots. :p :p :p

That's kinda hot...

kmax
November 28th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Sweet pic Ronbo of a sweet game. Griz fans were great at that game and it was loud as always. I'm somewhere in there in the south endzone with my blue and gold on! ;)

Down with the Foe!
November 28th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Sweet.....another pic for my wallet.

:rolleyes:

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 28th, 2006, 12:25 PM

Hey, Ronbo,

PLEASE!!!! forward that picture to UNH. Or, better yet, send to the NH state house and the legislature in Concord! :thumbsup: We are in the 19th century with our stadium and any inspiration that can be generated would be most appreciated!! :D

Here's hoping we all get a chance to see the magnificence of your stadium and your crazy fans first hand on December 9th after we take care of business with a certain team from Massachusetts :hurray:

Down with the Foe!
November 28th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Here's hoping we all get a chance to see the magnificence of your stadium and your crazy fans first hand on December 9th after we take care of business with a certain team from Massachusetts :hurray:

We are looking forward to that possibility to see UNH again in WA-Griz...

:nod:
but I gotta go see a boy named Arkee play first.

APPST '93
November 28th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Where's the lights?

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Great picture!

Tailbone
November 28th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Where's the lights?

there is a donation specifically for lights.
The money's in the bank.
I think it will probably be spent at or after the next expansion (2007-8?).

McNeese72
November 28th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Having just been there days ago, I really like Washington-Griz Stadium.

When some of us went over with the team for their walkthrough practice Friday, the first thing I thought it was smaller than I envisioned for a stadium with a capacity of 23,000. That is probably because there are a lot of endzone seats and not as many sideline seats as I'm accustomed to seeing in Cowboy Stadium.

What I really liked about it is that the stands are almost on top of the field. I thought the fans at Cowboy Stadium were right on top of the action, but the Griz fans are even closer. I absolutely hate stadiums with tracks around the football field. The fans are just too far away.

And it is definitely loud with the closed endzones. It is a very nice stadium.

Doc

MTGrizzFan
November 28th, 2006, 12:54 PM
Nice picture ronbo....thanks

APPST '93
November 28th, 2006, 12:58 PM
there is a donation specifically for lights.
The money's in the bank.
I think it will probably be spent at or after the next expansion (2007-8?).

That's all you are missing. Nice stadium.

YOsef
November 28th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Where is the other threads about this picture? Geeze you guys are touchy about Griz fans posting. Everything we post you start bashing it. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THE PICTURE DON'T CLICK! GET IT! How's your grass seat for this weekends game App guy? Very comfortable sitting half your fans in the dirt.

Yea it does suck not having the money to close in our whole stadium. It would be awesome to have a stadium like Wa/Griz in Boone. But I am happy to see people still willing to pay to stand on the grass for 3+ hours every home game Saturday in Boone.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 28th, 2006, 01:19 PM
WGS has the best gameday atmosphere in college football.

Now for you nay sayers that come up with other big games like OSU/Michigan-USC/Notre Dame-Florida-FSU-Miami I have been there and done that the only on that I will not call you on is Georgia-Florida and I still think we have it beat. Please only comment if you have been to WGS and can make an intelligent contribution.

GoGuins
November 28th, 2006, 01:31 PM

Now for you nay sayers that come up with other big games like OSU/Michigan-USC/Notre Dame-Florida-FSU-Miami I have been there and done that the only on that I will not call you on is Georgia-Florida and I still think we have it beat.

LMAOxlolx that is the funniest thing I ever read on here. Your gameday experience is better than OSU-Michigan? Yea right...in your dreams.

I've never been to Wash-Griz and I'm sure it's great on gameday, but you're talking about the big boys in OSU-Michigan. I've been to many OSU-Mich games and Montana's gameday experience wouldn't even come close to theirs. When Montana expands their stadium to 100k+, then make a comparison.

griz37-straighten him out please:D

GreatAppSt
November 28th, 2006, 01:51 PM

Now for you nay sayers that come up with other big games like OSU/Michigan-USC/Notre Dame-Florida-FSU-Miami I have been there and done that the only on that I will not call you on is Georgia-Florida and I still think we have it beat. Please only comment if you have been to WGS and can make an intelligent contribution.

Step away from the Moosedrool.xlolx xlolx :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

McNeese72
November 28th, 2006, 02:19 PM

You ever been to a night game at LSU's Tiger Stadium???

Doc

Sam_Kats
November 28th, 2006, 02:24 PM

Yep...and I'd put this year's Tenn @ UGA game above that...I went to the Auburn @ LSU game in '05 and it was a great game, but the women in Athens, GA are second to NONE!!!!

GRZZ
November 28th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Yea it does suck not having the money to close in our whole stadium. It would be awesome to have a stadium like Wa/Griz in Boone. But I am happy to see people still willing to pay to stand on the grass for 3+ hours every home game Saturday in Boone.

We were there once, not so long ago. We had the grass endzones that people would lounge on. Filling the standing room should show the administration there is a market for more seats.

mlbowl
November 28th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I've never been to Wash-Griz :bang:

. When Montana expands their stadium to 100k+, then make a comparison.

lookout Cowboys, Steelers, Eagles etc. you can't compare to the Washington Redskins:rolleyes:

Bigger stadiums....more people does not equate to a better overall experience You are entitled to your opinion as he is entitled to his

penguin8797
November 28th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I would love to attend a home Griz game some day. It looks like a great experience...maybe someday.....

GRZZ
November 28th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Why do we sit here and talk about how our division has the superior championship format, that our top teams don't get enough respect, that we feel the top of the CS could compete with most of the BS...on and on and on...and yet when people set the measuring stick some of the same people who make these arguments say this CS team can't compete with the big boys?

Everbody has their own opinions, but all of these coaches and players who have played here speak highly of it. Some even say it is the loudest in the country. All the people calling coach Kill at SIU this week. I trust their opinion, because they have been there.

89Hen
November 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Bigger stadiums....more people does not equate to a better overall experience You are entitled to your opinion as he is entitled to his
Agreed in this case. The experiences are very different. I brought a VT fan to a Delaware game in 2003 and he was blown away by how good it was. He commented on how great it was not waiting in huge backups and lines while still having a great atmosphere.

However, IMO you need a certain threshold to make enough noise and enough atmosphere. I don't know where that exact number lay, but 27,000 is certainly enough to have plenty of both. :nod:

mlbowl
November 28th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I would love to attend a home Griz game some day. It looks like a great experience...maybe someday.....

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: .....obviously I'm a Griz fan but I have a pretty open mind....it's tough to beat the overall experience in Missoula but you gotta love that southern style tailgating:nod: thanks to my AGS brothers from Georgia Southern I have had the pleasure of attending a few:nod:

mlbowl
November 28th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Agreed in this case. The experiences are very different. I brought a VT fan to a Delaware game in 2003 and he was blown away by how good it was. He commented on how great it was not waiting in huge backups and lines while still having a great atmosphere.

However, IMO you need a certain threshold to make enough noise and enough atmosphere. I don't know where that exact number lay, but 27,000 is certainly enough to have plenty of both. :nod:

I'd love to make it up for a UD game....maybe next season

eagle1
November 28th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Washington-Grizzly Stadium is the best in all of the Championship Subdivision but not even in the top 10-15 of all NCAA-IA Stadiums as far as game day atmosphere and noise level. It truly is a great place to watch a game and their fans should be proud of their stadium but to post a new thread as well as yet another link is too much. Anyways, great stadium and good luck on Saturday and do the Big Sky proud. Go Eagles!!!

Peems
November 28th, 2006, 03:19 PM
there was some sports illustrated that ranked the top 25 places in all of college football atmosphere wise and everything. montana came in 25th. here's the link. so in all honesty, i will agree with 89 hen and say we are not the best in ALL of college football but we are good for the subdivision.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/sioncampus/09/15/best_rest0916/

89Hen
November 28th, 2006, 03:49 PM
there was some sports illustrated that ranked the top 25 places in all of college football atmosphere wise and everything. montana came in 25th. here's the link.
That's a pretty damn good honor and well deserved. :thumbsup: :bow:

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 28th, 2006, 04:09 PM
LMAOxlolx that is the funniest thing I ever read on here. Your gameday experience is better than OSU-Michigan? Yea right...in your dreams.

I've never been to Wash-Griz and I'm sure it's great on gameday, but you're talking about the big boys in OSU-Michigan. I've been to many OSU-Mich games and Montana's gameday experience wouldn't even come close to theirs. When Montana expands their stadium to 100k+, then make a comparison.

griz37-straighten him out please:D

Like I said don't show everyone your a dumbass if you haven't experienced both. I have.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 28th, 2006, 04:12 PM

Doc

Doc, after I posted my original thoughts I thought about LSU and I have always wanted to go to a home game there. LSU and Georgia are the only 1A big time football stadiums that I haven't been to.

I know that would be a fun one but I prefer bitter cold and mountains in my game day experience. :thumbsup:

AmsterBison
November 28th, 2006, 04:27 PM
There might be something wrong with me but that photo stirred my inner core more than some of the photos in the bikini thread. Thanks, Ronbo!

Cleets
November 28th, 2006, 04:37 PM
NDSU is going to kick some serious "BLEEP" next season... :nod:

There's money to be made at the 1-AA (or whatever it's called now) level just ask the Montana Griz Athletic Department, the football program is a cash cow...

They Win consistantly
They draw like crazy
15 years a counting
They look snazzy on film (nice high quality uniforms)

They are a fine example of how 1-AA opperates at it's highest level

chiapet9
November 28th, 2006, 06:02 PM

Just posting a pic link. Not looking for praise. If you don't like the Griz or our stadium don't look at the pic and don't leave a comment. The main reason it was an interesting pic is that it's the all time attendance record for Montana and the Maroon-Out was great.

If we make the semis we'll go over 200,000 fans again. We're at 161,066 after 7 games. Two more games would easily get us over 200,000. We won't beat the record 221,183 we did in 2004 for 10 home games.

If you have a problem with this info I think you might be jealous. No praise or nice comments are needed. We really don't need them. Save them for the schools that don't draw well normally and then get a big crowd for some reason. They are the ones that need them, we don't need your stroking.:smiley_wi

now i have nothing against you, Montana, Wash/Griz stadium, Monte, etc...but i do have a problem with this random post.

your stadium is wonderful - we ALL know that...we hear about it all the time. we wonder why you didn't just post this picture on the thread with all the OTHER pictures of all the OTHER stadiums in the FCS. so we ask you about that and you get pissed off saying "if we don't want to see the picture don't click on it". fine...we won't jump on your back. we'll be nice and say that the picture is great and that your stadium is amazing and we'll drool over it and wonder when we'll get a stadium like that blah blah blah. and then you get pissed off again because you say you don't need anyone to stroke your back, or ego, or whatever.

get a grip. you've got a nice stadium. now stop bragging about it. we've all seen the pictures and if we want to see more, then we'll google them or something. take your grizzly ego down a notch and talk about football and get over your stadium already.

appfan2008
November 28th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Ill admit it i love pics of your stadium and yes i am jealous... ASU has an above average one but nothing like that... i wish

AggiePride
November 28th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I see lots of jealousy in this thread. No other explanation.

Nice pic, not my favorite though. Seems I remember some really high quality ones. Really a one-of-a-kind stadium. Looks really loud. I hope I get to see it someday.

Though I see certian Griz fans are jealous of the big boys too....

griz8791
November 28th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Here we have not just another Wa-Griz stadium pic but an entire thread devoted to it. I really love that place but I think it pretty much speaks for itself.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

MTGrizzFan
November 28th, 2006, 08:21 PM
there was some sports illustrated that ranked the top 25 places in all of college football atmosphere wise and everything. montana came in 25th. here's the link. so in all honesty, i will agree with 89 hen and say we are not the best in ALL of college football but we are good for the subdivision.

thanks Peems...i haden't seen that

APPSTER
November 28th, 2006, 09:29 PM

That's pretty sweet - a CS school making the Top 25. Next time Appalachian plays at WaGriz, I'll be there.:thumbsup:

NDSUFREAK
November 28th, 2006, 10:06 PM
I look at all of these outdoor stadiums and just wonder what it would be like to be outside watching a football game.....and then after that I think of the Fargo, ND temperatures in late october and november.
I am devoted to the FFD. People may say that football is meant for outdoors and that only men play outdoors. Well when you get a turf burn.....I'll bet that you'll rethink that statement.

Again UM, great stadium.

Ronbo
November 28th, 2006, 10:59 PM
now i have nothing against you, Montana, Wash/Griz stadium, Monte, etc...but i do have a problem with this random post.

your stadium is wonderful - we ALL know that...we hear about it all the time. we wonder why you didn't just post this picture on the thread with all the OTHER pictures of all the OTHER stadiums in the FCS. so we ask you about that and you get pissed off saying "if we don't want to see the picture don't click on it". fine...we won't jump on your back. we'll be nice and say that the picture is great and that your stadium is amazing and we'll drool over it and wonder when we'll get a stadium like that blah blah blah. and then you get pissed off again because you say you don't need anyone to stroke your back, or ego, or whatever.

get a grip. you've got a nice stadium. now stop bragging about it. we've all seen the pictures and if we want to see more, then we'll google them or something. take your grizzly ego down a notch and talk about football and get over your stadium already.

Got a song for you my little friend.

Nah, nah, nah, nahhhhh! Nah, nah, nah, nahhhhh! Hey, hey, hey! Goodbye!
Nah, nah, nah, nahhhhh! Nah, nah, nah, nahhhhh! Hey, hey, hey! Goodbye!:smiley_wi

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2006, 11:24 PM

That is some mighty high-end company we're keepin' on that list, peems. :eek: :thumbsup: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

TxSt02
November 29th, 2006, 01:16 AM
http://www.km77.com/marcas/chevrolet/corvette_04/0primera/med/15.jpg

GoGuins
November 29th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Like I said don't show everyone your a dumbass if you haven't experienced both. I have.

Nice comeback junior, I never insulted you, just stated my opinion.

So which gameday did you experience OSU or Michigan? What year & game? What are your reasons that Montana's is better?

YSU's gameday experience, although not the same magnitude as Montana, is not far below them and is no where near the experience as OSU or Michigan.

elkmcc
November 29th, 2006, 09:50 AM
YSU's gameday experience, although not the same magnitude as Montana, is not far below them and is no where near the experience as OSU or Michigan.

Not to be a smart*ss but when was the last time you witnessed Wa/Griz in person? Was it in '99 when YSU came to Missoula? If so, Wa/Griz has changed tremendously since then eg: Jumbotron, Sprinturf, 4500 more seats, just a better show in general. That said, I am sure the Ice Castle puts on a great show also.:thumbsup:

89Hen
November 29th, 2006, 09:50 AM

LSU and Georgia are the only 1A big time football stadiums that I haven't been to.
1. I'm going to have to call bull**** on your stadium visits. There are probably 30+ schools with what I'd call "big time" football stadiums in I-A...

FSU
Clemson
VT
Miami
WVU
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Wisconsin
Iowa
Purdue
Nebraska
Colorado
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas A&M
Iowa State
Notre Dame
USC
Oregon
UCLA
Washington
Tennessee
Florida
Georgia
Alabama
Auburn
South Carolina
LSU

2. If you're going to say "your a dumbass" you may want to use correct grammar. I hate grammar police on message boards since we all make mistakes, but I hate bad grammar when calling somebody a dumbass or ignorant even more. I do like the irony though.

GoGuins
November 29th, 2006, 09:57 AM
1. I'm going to have to call bull**** on your stadium visits. There are probably 30+ schools with what I'd call "big time" football stadiums in I-A...

FSU
Clemson
VT
Miami
WVU
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan
Wisconsin
Iowa
Purdue
Nebraska
Colorado
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas A&M
Iowa State
Notre Dame
USC
Oregon
UCLA
Washington
Tennessee
Florida
Georgia
Alabama
Auburn
South Carolina
LSU

2. If you're going to say "your a dumbass" you may want to use correct grammar. I hate grammar police on message boards since we all make mistakes, but I hate bad grammar when calling somebody a dumbass or ignorant even more. I do like the irony though.

Well said Hen:hurray: :thumbsup:

Appstate29
November 29th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Wa-Griz is a great stadium and a great experience, and sets the bar for I-AA. All teams should strive to have the same energy that can be found at WA-Griz (although I will mention that after upgrades to KBS and some more seats we will rival them). That being said, If UM players spent half the energy playing UM fans do hyping up the stadium, I don't know if anyone else would have a National Championship to date...

GGASU
November 29th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Wa-Griz is a great stadium and a great experience, and sets the bar for I-AA. All teams should strive to have the same energy that can be found at WA-Griz (although I will mention that after upgrades to KBS and some more seats we will rival them). That being said, If UM players spent half the energy playing UM fans do hyping up the stadium, I don't know if anyone else would have a National Championship to date...

IMO...The only way Kidd Brewer will ever rival Wa-Griz is to level the place and start from scratch.

GoGuins
November 29th, 2006, 10:46 AM
IMO...The only way Kidd Brewer will ever rival Wa-Griz is to level the place and start from scratch.

I plan on seeing your stadium up close and personal IF both our teams take care of business this Sat.:thumbsup:

Ronbo
November 29th, 2006, 11:23 AM
You are in the opposite bracket.

Appstate29
November 29th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Hes talking about the ASU stadium

Live4Griz
November 29th, 2006, 11:25 AM

ummm...ASU & YSU are in the same bracket!!

GO GRIZ!!

Ronbo
November 29th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Oh yeah , my bad.

APPSTER
November 29th, 2006, 11:32 AM

Ronbo, lay off the MooseDrool - or are your eyes crossed from looking at all those WaGriz stadium pics? The winner of ISU - YSU plays the winner of ASU-MSU.....

If you win on Sat, you guys play the winner of UMass - UNH.

BuckeyeGrizzlyFan
November 29th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Cool pic. Go Grizzlies. Grrrr.

Mountaineer
November 29th, 2006, 03:28 PM
It's not "just" the stadium.

Speaks highly of that tough Big Sky schedule. ;) :D

Grizfanatic
November 29th, 2006, 03:30 PM

From Egriz:
"200: The Griz have exactly 200 wins in the past 21 seasons, a stretch of 21 winning seasons in a row.

150: The game against McNeese State was the 150th game in Washington-Grizzly Stadium (Griz record: 132-18, 88%; home playoff record: 21-4, 84%).

40: Bobby Hauck has now won 40 games putting him alone in fourth place among the winningest coaches in Montana history (Joe Glenn and Mick Dennehy are at 39 wins).

25: Last weekend's game was the 25th playoff game for the Montana in Wa-Griz.

25: If the Griz win Saturday, their semifinal game will be broadcast by an ESPN channel making it the 25th Griz game in a row to be broadcast.

21 winning seasons in a row; 9 Conference Championships in a row
200 wins in the past 21 years (9.5 wins/year average, includes 2006)

5 of the Last 11: The Griz participated in 5 of the last 11 I-AA National Championship (excludes 2006)
6 of the Last 12 if the Griz make it to this year's Championship

The Griz have won
10 games or more 9 of the past 14 years (includes 2006)
11 games or more 8 of the past 14 years (includes 2006)
12 games or more 5 of the past 11 years (excludes 2006)
13 games or more 4 of the past 11 years (excludes 2006)
14 games or more 2 of the past 10 years (excludes 2006)
15 games or more 1 of the past 5 years (excludes 2006)

9.9-2.4 average record for the past 15 years (80.5%, includes 2006) ":thumbsup:

Been a Griz fan along time, since the days at Dornblazer and the old wooden bleachers... I know the Griz, Know the history... but when it is put up in numbers like that... AWE, shear AWE!:bow: :bow:

BillLuc1982
November 29th, 2006, 04:07 PM
The person who knew those numbers must have a job like mine :)

November 29th, 2006, 04:39 PM
... lately you've been displaying more Griz envy...Uh, there is a celebrated thread called Post your Stadium pics here (notice it at the top of every AGS page?)
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171

Is it so wrong to think that members would post their pics there? To do otherwise would suggest... and when accusing others of "Griz envy"...

:homer:

Ronbo
November 29th, 2006, 05:03 PM
I didn't post a picture. Show where I posted a picture. I posted a link and if anyone doesn't like it don't open the gad dang thing. Geeze some of you are a bunch of crybabies:bawling: . It's a free country and I'll post what I want and I don't see anything in your rules that I can't post a link.

November 29th, 2006, 05:27 PM
... Geeze some of you are a bunch of crybabies:bawling: . It's a free country and I'll post what I want and I don't see anything in your rules that I can't post a link.Nice ronbo, namecalling from you while you are calling others a baby... :rolleyes:

There is a thing called etiquette which calls for you to post stuff in appropriate places. If you have a stadium pic or link then please put it in the stadium pic thread. Geez!

PDXCat
November 29th, 2006, 05:45 PM
I didn't post a picture. Show where I posted a picture. I posted a link and if anyone doesn't like it don't open the gad dang thing. Geeze some of you are a bunch of crybabies:bawling: . It's a free country and I'll post what I want and I don't see anything in your rules that I can't post a link.

Everybody knows wagriz is a nice stadium, especially for our level. You have every right to be proud of it but frankly most of us don't care very much. But we do care very deeply about our own teams. I was there 2 weeks ago and it is impressive but I wasn't exactly awed by it, but then I've been to much bigger and yes even louder venues. It's nice and all and yes most, if not all of us, would trade our stadiums for it but thats about it. Since not many institutions in our division can compete with the quality of wagriz - it does make you look arrogant and self grandizing (sp?) when you post, asking not for praise or nice comments. I know thats not your intent but thats the way it comes out. So don't get your panties in a wad - it's a free country and I'll post what I want:waawaa: ........
Now back to the games.....

November 29th, 2006, 06:08 PM
... It's a free country and I'll post what I want...xlolx
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/TOS/
AnyGivenSaturday.Com reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communities at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.

GrizFamily
November 29th, 2006, 06:31 PM
xlolx

Whatever :rolleyes: xcoffeex

chiapet9
November 29th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Got a song for you my little friend.

Nah, nah, nah, nahhhhh! Nah, nah, nah, nahhhhh! Hey, hey, hey! Goodbye!
Nah, nah, nah, nahhhhh! Nah, nah, nah, nahhhhh! Hey, hey, hey! Goodbye!:smiley_wi

awww....sweet song. what are you - 12 years old??

2004. Chattanooga. wasn't that long ago buddy.

chiapet9
November 29th, 2006, 06:58 PM

From Egriz:
"200: The Griz have exactly 200 wins in the past 21 seasons, a stretch of 21 winning seasons in a row.

150: The game against McNeese State was the 150th game in Washington-Grizzly Stadium (Griz record: 132-18, 88%; home playoff record: 21-4, 84%).

40: Bobby Hauck has now won 40 games putting him alone in fourth place among the winningest coaches in Montana history (Joe Glenn and Mick Dennehy are at 39 wins).

25: Last weekend's game was the 25th playoff game for the Montana in Wa-Griz.

25: If the Griz win Saturday, their semifinal game will be broadcast by an ESPN channel making it the 25th Griz game in a row to be broadcast.

21 winning seasons in a row; 9 Conference Championships in a row
200 wins in the past 21 years (9.5 wins/year average, includes 2006)

5 of the Last 11: The Griz participated in 5 of the last 11 I-AA National Championship (excludes 2006)
6 of the Last 12 if the Griz make it to this year's Championship

The Griz have won
10 games or more 9 of the past 14 years (includes 2006)
11 games or more 8 of the past 14 years (includes 2006)
12 games or more 5 of the past 11 years (excludes 2006)
13 games or more 4 of the past 11 years (excludes 2006)
14 games or more 2 of the past 10 years (excludes 2006)
15 games or more 1 of the past 5 years (excludes 2006)

9.9-2.4 average record for the past 15 years (80.5%, includes 2006) ":thumbsup:

well then why don't you just "take it to the next level" if you're feeling unchallenged or something. i'm sure the BCS boys would love to have another little hors d'ouvre to devour.

Tod
November 29th, 2006, 07:09 PM
well then why don't you just "take it to the next level" if you're feeling unchallenged or something. i'm sure the BCS boys would love to have another little hors d'ouvre to devour.

That would depend on which way we went; Idaho or Boise State. :)

chiapet9
November 29th, 2006, 07:13 PM
That would depend on which way we went; Idaho or Boise State. :)

no...i meant ALL THE WAY. as in...leave behind the FCS and jump up to BCS full time. :eek:

November 29th, 2006, 07:24 PM
no...i meant ALL THE WAY. as in...leave behind the FCS and jump up to BCS full time. :eek:Of course you meant going to the FBS.xlolx
awww....sweet song. what are you - 12 years old??...There seems to be a lot of that among those that post smack on the discussion board. I attribute it to the team boards being so lax that they think the national board should let that crap go on here too. If they can't hang among the national folks they should just keep posting in their own provincial circle and leave the national stuff to people who can see beyond their own backyard.

griz37
November 29th, 2006, 07:33 PM
no...i meant ALL THE WAY. as in...leave behind the FCS and jump up to BCS full time. :eek:

Tod was trying to point out that while Idaho has been pretty bad in I-A, Boise St. has been nothing but a pain in the side of the BCS. Montana could go either way if we moved up.

slycat
November 29th, 2006, 08:43 PM
do a home-home with texas st so ill have a good reason to go to a game up there. fantastic stadium but i need a little more insentive to travel all the way up to montana.

chiapet9
November 29th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Of course you meant going to the FBS.

haha...yeah - it's spelled BCS...but i think the "C" is silent or something. xlolx

p.s. - thanks for finally stepping into this ridiculous thread and straightening these folks out. you've been winning serious points in my book lately Ralph.

GrizFoo
November 30th, 2006, 10:00 AM
Wow!! How's the air up there Ralph?

xlolx

Ronbo
November 30th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Wow! Over 3500 views and 10 pages, turned out to be a popular thread.:nod: xlolx

parr90
November 30th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Looks like my high school stadium.

Ronbo
November 30th, 2006, 02:15 PM
And that HS averaged how many? Let's see a picture of this famous HS satdium. Sounds like your HS stadium was way better than your college stadium. xlolx

texcap
November 30th, 2006, 02:54 PM
And that HS averaged how many? Let's see a picture of this famous HS satdium. Sounds like your HS stadium was way better than your college stadium. xlolx

While it is not the normal high school game or venue, last weekend in the regional finals the Southlake Carroll (a perennial top 5 team in the nation and a defending state champion) played Euless Trinity another defending state champion (they have more than one state champion based on size of the schools within the division) at Texas Stadium. The attendance for the game was 46,399, despite the fact that the game was on a Thanksgiving weekend and opposite the nationally televised Texas - Texas A&M game.

Peems
November 30th, 2006, 02:57 PM
While it is not the normal high school game or venue, last weekend in the regional finals the Southlake Carroll (a perennial top 5 team in the nation and a defending state champion) played Euless Trinity another defending state champion (they have more than one state champion based on size of the schools within the division) at Texas Stadium. The attendance for the game was 46,399, despite the fact that the game was on a Thanksgiving weekend and opposite the nationally televised Texas - Texas A&M game.

well done Texas, however, the entire season is not played at texas stadium.

NSUDemon98
November 30th, 2006, 04:24 PM

AMEN!!! There is a specific thread entitled..."post your stadium pics HERE". We all know it is a great stadium and great atmosphere and that it gets packed for everyone game but CHRIST!!! This is like Yao Ming bragging about being tall....yeah, we get it....

CopperCat
November 30th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Wow! Over 3500 views and 10 pages, turned out to be a popular thread.:nod: xlolx

Popular in this case would mean controversial.

putter
November 30th, 2006, 05:07 PM
AMEN!!! There is a specific thread entitled..."post your stadium pics HERE". We all know it is a great stadium and great atmosphere and that it gets packed for everyone game but CHRIST!!! This is like Yao Ming bragging about being tall....yeah, we get it....

Have to agree...:confused:

texcap
November 30th, 2006, 05:10 PM
well done Texas, however, the entire season is not played at texas stadium.

Agreed. That's why I prefaced the statement with: "While it is not the normal high school game or venue..."

texcap
November 30th, 2006, 05:14 PM

Agreed. Look at how "popular" all the USD threads were.

Sam_Kats
November 30th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Here's one of the nicest high school stadiums in Texas and probably the country...Cy Fair ISD (northwest Houston about 20 minutes from my house).

http://www.cfisd.net/bond/esc/ESC%20with%20stadium.jpg

http://www.cfisd.net/bond/esc/ESC6.jpg

http://www.cfisd.net/bond/esc/esc3.jpg

These pics really don't even do it justice...$75 million to build!

CamelCityYosef
November 30th, 2006, 05:35 PM

Yeah, shame it's not nearly as popular as the ASU-MSU thread! xlolx

SpreadtheRed
November 30th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Where does a High School get $75 Million to build a football field?!!?!? That place better have the Highest GPA In the country to be able to not spend money on academics and spend it on that! Plus! Whats so special about it that its worth $75 mil? I dont get it! That couldnt have been more than 10 at the max!!

Sam_Kats
November 30th, 2006, 05:52 PM
It's a multi-purpose facility...and there has been much controversy over the money spent on it.

NDSUFREAK
November 30th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Here's one of the nicest high school stadiums in Texas and probably the country...Cy Fair ISD (northwest Houston about 20 minutes from my house).

I think that rivals Wa-Griz!xlolx xlolx xlolx

GrizRchattybound
November 30th, 2006, 06:04 PM
It's a multi-purpose facility...and there has been much controversy over the money spent on it.

Is that Taxpayers $$??

:confused: :bang: xidiotx :mad: :nonono2:

that's obscene...no matter who footed the bill, but if I did(Joe "Over-Taxed" Taxpayer)I'm pissed.

chiapet9
November 30th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Where does a High School get $75 Million to build a football field?!!?!? That place better have the Highest GPA In the country to be able to not spend money on academics and spend it on that! Plus! Whats so special about it that its worth $75 mil? I dont get it! That couldnt have been more than 10 at the max!!

if the money spent on the stadium was from private donations directed specifically at building a multipurpose athletics facility - then there's nothing they can do about it. it IS sad that money isn't being spent on academics - but when people give private money to something - you have to use it where they designate it to be used.

sdgriz24
November 30th, 2006, 06:17 PM

I guess that beats my schools $1 million stadium.I'll post pics if I can.

sdgriz24
November 30th, 2006, 06:25 PM
I guess that beats my schools $1 million stadium.I'll post pics if I can.

This is my school stadium.We share it with D2 Northern State.It is on the campus of my high school.

http://www.d2football.com/images/stadium/northern_state_stadium_2.jpg

http://www.d2football.com/images/stadium/northern_state_stadium_3.jpg

Sam_Kats
November 30th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Yes, the taxpayers footed a good portion of the bill. Luckily, I'm not in the zoning for that school district.

It should also be noted that CFISD has another stadium...there are 8 schools that share these two facilities.

A look at their other stadium with nice video replay capabilities as well...

http://www.texasbob.com/football/images/tbhs_pridgen.jpg

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 30th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I think that rivals Wa-Griz!xlolx xlolx xlolx

Give the architect of that beautiful stadium the phone # of the governor of New Hampshire and the NH legislature! Please! The last I read in the Manchester Union Leader, the state has offered to pony up a truly miserly $3 million IF UNH can raise $30 million privately. How would that go over in Texas? :bang: :bang: :bang:

Here's a link to the editorial in the Union Leader (Nov 7).

http://www.unionleader.com/columns.aspx?channel=80f00b23-ba5b-4f35-a780-1cdb2349a978

What do Sean and Marty have to do to get some respect for the University? :cool:

Henny
December 1st, 2006, 12:17 AM
Given the proximity of the seating, the best place to watch a I CS game is Delaware Stadium. The fans are on top of the field.

Symetrical seating on east and west stands where the endzone is for students and the band is the south and a few crazies in the north stands.
All other seats are on each side of the field. Not the end zones. Capacity is 22k which we surpassed 3 times this season.

Montana has a great stadium. It's just not the same as Delaware Stadium.

Also the Ice Castle is right there as well.

December 1st, 2006, 12:19 AM
Wow!! How's the air up there Ralph?Not as smacky as others seem to be breathing. smack --------------->