PDA

View Full Version : Griz vs. Bison Schedule Of Events

ursus arctos horribilis
August 25th, 2015, 05:07 PM
Decided just to start a new thread so the schedule would be in first post on the thread.

Here's the lay out for Thursday night through Kickoff on Saturday.

---------------THURSDAY---------------
Double Front Chicken @ 6:30p Mountain on Thursday 08/27/2015::
https://goo.gl/maps/cv72g

Double Front Chicken for a meet up on Thursday night with Griz and any Bison fans that can make it. We will be in the basement (bar) of this fabulous little Chicken house starting at 6-7p.

---------------FRIDAY---------------
Charlie B's/Dino Cafe @ 11:30a Mountain on Friday 08/28/2015:
https://goo.gl/maps/GxN05

Friday at 11:30a there will be a lunch gathering at the Dinosaur Cafe which is inside the magnificent Missoula landmark known as Charlie B's. Don't show up late or you will be ****ing yourself out of some good eats because you will put yourself in a long line and you don't have that kind of time to spare...trust me. It's just a couple blocks from Double Front as well.

---------------
Red's Bar @ 12:30p Mountain on Friday 08/28/2015:
https://goo.gl/maps/iOf7S

Immediately after having some really solid comfort food the fun shifts over to Red's Bar in beautiful downtown Missoula. If I need to explain Red's Bar you are a newb or a rube and in either case you should just keep yer mouth shut and go along and pretend you know about it. It's only one of the best and most fun places on earth. This is where we will be hopping on a Griz party bus to do a tour of some breweries and then take a run by the stadium and get a look at a few things around the Athletic Dept.

The bus ends about 5p and after that the plan is just a free for all so you NDSU folks can grab a Mo Burger and have some beers at the downtown pub crawl which involves many, many bars.

---------------SATURDAY---------------
Tailgates starting @ 9:30s Mountain on Friday 08/29/2015:

Ok, this is it, this is what we've all benn waiting for. This is your chance NDSU fans to come grab a seat in the finest, loudest, coldest, bestest stadium this country has to offer. You will feel proud to be an American once you enter vernerable Washington-Grizzly Stadium. Just before that though we will raise some plastic cups together and then at 1/2 time we will again raise some cups. We're not the sort of folks that think we need to hold ya hostage at 1/2 time.

You can pre party at almost any bar in Missoula and they will have a bus to take you to the game. The buses leave the bars about an hour and a half before kickoff normally but if you just want to head right to the stadium that is where the fun will be getting rolling at around the apointed time above.

Here are some friends of AGS and their tailgat locations. They will be happy to see you if you stop by to say hello. You are all welcome to come by the one marked with my username and have some food and beer on me and my friends at the Otis tailgate. The map below has the two tailgates as well as several other key lacations for you to set your bearings with.

Tailgate Map:
https://goo.gl/maps/uy9x5

IBleedYellow
August 25th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Let's do this!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
August 25th, 2015, 05:52 PM
http://cdn4.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/jonah-hill-flailing1.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
August 25th, 2015, 06:01 PM
http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/jimmy-fallon-elmo-happy-dance-saturday-night-live.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
August 25th, 2015, 06:16 PM
I really want to take that stadium tour so I'll probably catch you somewhere on the bus tour unless I can hustle it from the airport quickly enough.

tomq04
August 25th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Looks like someone will be having a great time!

I'll have to make it over for an EWU game some day when the kids are older.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 25th, 2015, 06:34 PM
I really want to take that stadium tour so I'll probably catch you somewhere on the bus tour unless I can hustle it from the airport quickly enough.

Just have to be at the Adams Center around 3p to catch that.

BisonFan02
August 25th, 2015, 07:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0fw0iR3.gif

eiu1999
August 25th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Too much fun....

BisonFan02
August 25th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Too much fun....

Start driving and you'll make it in time. :)

eiu1999
August 25th, 2015, 07:39 PM
Start driving and you'll make it in time. :)

Wish I could, beats going to Charleston or Champaign.

veinup
August 25th, 2015, 08:41 PM
f*** i miss charlie's. i hope that the ND visitors appreciate its greatness. there's some history in that joint.

TheRevSFA
August 25th, 2015, 09:02 PM
Have a blast fellas. Wish i could come up to catch this game

PantherRob82
August 25th, 2015, 09:49 PM
Can't wait to get out for a game again.

BisonFan02
August 25th, 2015, 09:59 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/813763/benny-lava-o.gif

FargoBison
August 25th, 2015, 10:01 PM
Wow, sounds like a great time. Wish I was heading out there, kicking myself right now reading that list of pregame festivities.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 25th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Wow, sounds like a great time. Wish I was heading out there, kicking myself right now reading that list of pregame festivities.

You still have at least 48 hours before you'd have to leave.

Just sayin....

FargoBison
August 25th, 2015, 10:23 PM
You still have at least 48 hours before you'd have to leave.

Just sayin....

If I could go I would be very tempted right now. Missoula is the one FCS road trip I've always wanted to do, next time I guess.

Grizalltheway
August 25th, 2015, 11:44 PM
f*** i miss charlie's. i hope that the ND visitors appreciate its greatness. there's some history in that joint.
Where a single is a double and a double is a quadruple.xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 25th, 2015, 11:48 PM
Where a single is a double and a double is a quadruple.xnodx

That's how Red's is for me. xlolx

grizband
August 26th, 2015, 03:12 AM
Ursus, is there an itinerary for the brewery tour? I won't be available until about 1:00, but I'd love to meet up with some fellow Griz and Bison fans!

Hambone
August 26th, 2015, 09:15 AM
I was out there some years ago when UND played there and those Griz fans are very good hosts. We went to the bar on Friday afternoon with UND gear on and after the first pitcher we didn't buy another drink all night. Every tailgating rig we walked by the next morning invited us over for food and beer, and to tour their rigs. Loved the whole weekend up there.

McNeese72
August 26th, 2015, 10:19 AM
xthumbsupx Red's Bar.

Remember it well from the Friday night before the playoff game in 2006. Montana fans wouldn't let the McNeese fans buy a drink. :)

Definitely recommend going there.

I regret not bringing my camera that night.

Doc

NoDak 4 Ever
August 26th, 2015, 10:21 AM
So I should count myself lucky that my hotel is only a few blocks from Reds?

Either way, I'm going wherever citdog's going.

BisonFan02
August 26th, 2015, 10:26 AM
So I should count myself lucky that my hotel is only a few blocks from Reds?

Either way, I'm going wherever citdog's going.

are ya? :D xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 26th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Ursus, is there an itinerary for the brewery tour? I won't be available until about 1:00, but I'd love to meet up with some fellow Griz and Bison fans!

Not really, just get on the bus and head to a few places is all I got. Think we'll be at UM around 3 or 330 and back at Red's around 430.

BisonFan02
August 26th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Wheels up tomorrow morning....12ish hours later I'll be there. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
August 26th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Wheels up tomorrow morning....12ish hours later I'll be there. :D

Tomorrow is going to be the longest day ever.

grizband
August 26th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Not really, just get on the bus and head to a few places is all I got. Think we'll be at UM around 3 or 330 and back at Red's around 430.
Thanks Ursus. Any idea what breweries will be on the tour? Either way, I'll try to meet up with the group at some point.

Uncle Rico's Clan
August 26th, 2015, 11:35 AM
A couple tips for our out of town guests, both Charlie B's and Mo Club are cash only. Both have ATM's, but if you want to avoid paying high fees you may want to bring a little cash with you. Although, as mentioned above, if you wear your Bison gear you will probably have a few drinks purchased for you.

Also, River City Roots Festival begins this Friday, and runs through Sunday. A number of streets in downtown Missoula will be shut down for this event. You may want to keep this in mind since Missoula will most likely be a huge cluster **** this weekend, with longer than usual travel times, wait times for restaurants, and parking issues. It would be wise to give yourself a little extra time whenever possible.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 26th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Thanks Ursus. Any idea what breweries will be on the tour? Either way, I'll try to meet up with the group at some point.

No, I assume a couple of the usual's but Alpha put this together so other than departure time I don't know much except that we went out to the one on Expressway last time for a while and had a tour.

grizband
August 26th, 2015, 12:47 PM
No, I assume a couple of the usual's but Alpha put this together so other than departure time I don't know much except that we went out to the one on Expressway last time for a while and had a tour.
Thanks man. I'll message alpha for info. Hope to see you guys along the way!

NoDak 4 Ever
August 27th, 2015, 02:01 PM
So I'm coming in (late) tonight instead, still room on that bus?

dewey
August 27th, 2015, 02:39 PM
Have a great time tonight guys/gals!

I really wish I could have made the trip.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
August 27th, 2015, 03:01 PM
So I'm coming in (late) tonight instead, still room on that bus?

The bus sounded to be pretty full when I talked to Alpha yesterday but I and maybe a couple others will just stay at Red's for a bit and grab a Mountainline down to the school to meet up with the party bus for the Stadium tour and so forth.

BTW NDSU folks, all the Blue Buses (MLine) are free fare. Go to their website and you should fine it really easy to get downtown or to UM very easily without driving.

http://www.mountainline.com/

Also, the river walk path is a very easy walk from downtown to WaGriz as well and a pretty nice scenic walk through town.

IBleedYellow
August 27th, 2015, 03:03 PM
We're leaving in about 2 hours.

Waahooo! This is gun be gud!

NoDak 4 Ever
August 27th, 2015, 03:04 PM
The bus sounded to be pretty full when I talked to Alpha yesterday but I and maybe a couple others will just stay at Red's for a bit and grab a Mountainline down to the school to meet up with the party bus for the Stadium tour and so forth.

BTW NDSU folks, all the Blue Buses (MLine) are free fare. Go to their website and you should fine it really easy to get downtown or to UM very easily without driving.

Also, the river walk path is a very easy walk from downtown to WaGriz as well and a pretty nice scenic walk through town.

That's what I figured. I didn't want to commit to anything in case I couldn't make it. This whole **** show with my flight has me sleeping on a floor tonight. Oh well, never too old to crash on a floor I guess.

I'm only a few blocks from there so I'll come on by anyway.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 27th, 2015, 03:32 PM
That's what I figured. I didn't want to commit to anything in case I couldn't make it. This whole **** show with my flight has me sleeping on a floor tonight. Oh well, never too old to crash on a floor I guess.

I'm only a few blocks from there so I'll come on by anyway.

If you grabbed the Hotel I mentioned a while back on here then you are only a few blocks from everything I have on the itinerary, including the tailgates and the walking path is right out the back door as well. Getting around Missoula without a car is very easy.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 27th, 2015, 03:39 PM
If you grabbed the Hotel I mentioned a while back on here then you are only a few blocks from everything I have on the itinerary, including the tailgates and the walking path is right out the back door as well. Getting around Missoula without a car is very easy.

I'm at the Red Lion so it seems I'm only a few blocks from Red's.

Bisonator
August 27th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Wish I could have made the trip too. Sounds like it'll be a blast! Hope everyone has a great time and safe travels!

Wofford Dude from Montana
August 28th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Wofford Dude from Montana has landed. please say HOWDY if you see me walking around town, and at Red's. (That is my old Wofford banner hanging framed at Red's.) Best weekend of my football travels was 2007, when Griz Nation treated me like a king here in town. Still licking my wounds from loss at Fargo Dome in 2012. May all teams make a deep run in playoffs this year, and hope to see Griz vs Wofford one day in Frisco. Congrads to Bisons who a true dynasty, and world class fans from reports, but hoping for a close thrilling game on Saturday. I'll be in the north endzone with all the crazies. GO GRIZ!

tomq04
August 28th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Everyone survive so far?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 28th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Got drunk dialed by Ursus last night. I feel like I've made it.

Mr. C
August 28th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Anyone know the television details for the game for those of us stuck on the east coast?

dewey
August 28th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Anyone know the television details for the game for those of us stuck on the east coast?

The game is on ESPN (yes the main channel) with game time at 2:30 CDT.

Go Bison!

Dewey

grizband
August 28th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Can someone post updates when you guys change locations? Talked to alpha, find to meet up along the way

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Great time. The Grizz are great hosts. Lots of fun and laughs on the bus. Ursus and A1 thanks for everything.