PDA

View Full Version : New Monmouth Stadium Pics (in video)

Dave195
August 21st, 2015, 10:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d70ID5wvk6U&feature=youtu.be

Catsfan90
August 22nd, 2015, 03:34 AM
Great additions! I am glad to see all these schools upgrading their facilities.

Dave195
August 22nd, 2015, 02:02 PM
Great additions! I am glad to see all these schools upgrading their facilities.

My goal is to eventually replace James Madison and get into CAA Football. I loved when they played NH, Alb, SB, etc. Would like that rekindled. Big South is a stepping stone in growing the program, much like it was for SB a few years ago.

Pard4Life
August 22nd, 2015, 07:34 PM
Pretty cool! Looks miles better than what I recall... went there to see the San Diego game. Will there be visitor bleachers?

Go...gate
August 23rd, 2015, 12:36 AM
Nice work!

Hey, hope MU and/or Wagner can get Colgate back on the schedule one of these days. After this year, no more Colgate games in NJ for the foreseeable future.

Catsfan90
August 23rd, 2015, 06:45 AM
My goal is to eventually replace James Madison and get into CAA Football. I loved when they played NH, Alb, SB, etc. Would like that rekindled. Big South is a stepping stone in growing the program, much like it was for SB a few years ago.

If JMU had their way that may just happen! Geographically I could definitely see Monmouth as being a good fit.

bison137
August 23rd, 2015, 09:34 AM
This is all just conceptual at this point. Any idea when they plan to start construction? The last I heard is that it may not be done for several more years, as they don't have nearly enough money raised to begin construction.

Catsfan90
August 23rd, 2015, 09:37 AM
This is all just conceptual at this point. Any idea when they plan to start construction? The last I heard is that it may not be done for several more years, as they don't have nearly enough money raised to begin construction.

UNH did the same thing. They released all of the drawings and caused a hell storm from the Governor on down. They originally said it was a done deal, and than it came out that everyone had been blindsided.

aceinthehole
August 23rd, 2015, 11:55 AM

Plus Monmouth has to navigate very tough local zoning issues - the community is not behind any expansion. I think they are going to have a tough time turning this into reality.

Libertine
August 23rd, 2015, 12:42 PM

http://www.app.com/story/sports/2015/08/20/monmouth-football-facility-upgrades/32065005/

You're pretty much on point. Fundraising is apparently well behind schedule and the plans were only given to the local zoning board this summer.

Dave195
August 23rd, 2015, 01:06 PM
Pretty cool! Looks miles better than what I recall... went there to see the San Diego game. Will there be visitor bleachers?

I was there for that game also. It was cold as all hell!! Ran into Jim Harbaugh on the way to bathroom lol. Obviously before new basketball facility w/ football locker rooms was built.

Dave195
August 23rd, 2015, 01:07 PM
Nice work!

Hey, hope MU and/or Wagner can get Colgate back on the schedule one of these days. After this year, no more Colgate games in NJ for the foreseeable future.

I think Callahan is a Colgate alum, so I'm sure they'll play again. MU likes to play teams in the Patriot League since all their conf games are down South now.

Dave195
August 23rd, 2015, 01:09 PM

Was supposed to be done this past winter. Obviously that didn't happen because fundraising hadn't reached it's goal. Was proposed to zoning board this summer though.

http://www.app.com/story/sports/2015/08/20/monmouth-football-facility-upgrades/32065005/

Dave195
August 23rd, 2015, 01:11 PM
Plus Monmouth has to navigate very tough local zoning issues - the community is not behind any expansion. I think they are going to have a tough time turning this into reality.

Very difficult zoning board. It's a small suburban coastal town. Getting basketball arena was a 15yr struggle. This shouldn't be that big of a deal though. Capacity is going up significantly and it's only a few large events per year.

Dave195
August 23rd, 2015, 01:14 PM

You're pretty much on point. Fundraising is apparently well behind schedule and the plans were only given to the local zoning board this summer.

Didn't see you posted this link, I just posted it also lol. Yup, I doubt it's even built this winter honestly. They've built up their scholarship number and have at least 3 more yrs in the BS (including this upcoming season), so it isn't a huge rush. Next 2-3yrs hopefully.

aceinthehole
August 23rd, 2015, 02:36 PM
Very difficult zoning board. It's a small suburban coastal town. Getting basketball arena was a 15yr struggle. This shouldn't be that big of a deal though. Capacity is going up significantly and it's only a few large events per year.

You sound optimistic, but history and circumstances suggest this project is going to be just as difficult to get the needed approvals.

As everyone knows, the town doesn't want any major expansion in seating capacity and the increased traffic it will bring, even if it is only for a few events. MU had to agree to significant restrictions in use just to get the MAC approved and that took more than a decade. My guess is the community is still in a "wait and see" mode to evaluate the effects the MAC has had on traffic, etc. I don't see the the people or zoning board of WLB supporting a major university expansion like a stadium anytime in the immediate future.

Dave195
August 23rd, 2015, 02:41 PM
You sound optimistic, but history and circumstances suggest this project is going to be just as difficult to get the needed approvals.

As everyone knows, the town doesn't want any major expansion in seating capacity and the increased traffic it will bring, even if it is only for a few events. MU had to agree to significant restrictions in use just to get the MAC approved and that took more than a decade. My guess is the community is still in a "wait and see" on the effects of the MAC has had on traffic, etc. I don't see the the people or zoning board of WLB supporting a major university expansion like a stadium anytime in the immediate future.

This project is being held up due to fundraising, not zoning. Unlike basketball facility their isn't any notable seating capacity increase. Unless they move their current bleachers to other side of the field, the new stadium has basically the same capacity as their current bleachers, so no real issue there. 3500 to 4k maybe.

aceinthehole
September 13th, 2015, 12:56 PM
This project is being held up due to fundraising, not zoning. Unlike basketball facility their isn't any notable seating capacity increase. Unless they move their current bleachers to other side of the field, the new stadium has basically the same capacity as their current bleachers, so no real issue there. 3500 to 4k maybe.

Week 1 attendance:

9/5 – Lehigh at CCSU (5,077)
9/5 – AIC at Bryant (4,272)
9/5 – Holy Cross at Monmouth (3,081)

Both Monmouth and CCSU hosted Patriot League teams last week and Central drew a 40% bigger crowd for their home-opener.

Dave195
September 13th, 2015, 01:23 PM
Week 1 attendance:

Both Monmouth and CCSU hosted Patriot League teams last week and Central drew a 40% bigger crowd for their home-opener.

You're in the NEC now and forever. Nobody cares about Central Northeast Connecticut State Tech College. Get over it dude.

Dave195
September 13th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Also, there are more pics of the proposed stadium in this gallery: http://www.monmouthhawks.com//PhotoAlbum.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=14300&PALBID=1082848

Enjoy!

aceinthehole
September 13th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Dave - Looks like 40% more people care to watch Central than Monmouth, so what does that say about the Hawks? Hey, enjoy the Big South without Coastal - we're fine in the NEC.

If you think league games vs Charleston Southern and Presby are better for Monmouth than games vs. Bryant and Duquesne, then good for you. Personally, I'd rather watch CCSU play Sacred Heart in a league game than Gardner-Webb.

Wagner is able to get annual FBS games under NEC aid rules, so I don't see any advantage of the Big South, but I'm sure the travel is nice :)

PAllen
September 13th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Week 1 attendance:

Points of fact: Lehigh travels better than Holy Cross. Lehigh has a ton more alums in CT area than HC does in Northern NJ.

UNHWildcat18
September 13th, 2015, 06:01 PM
You're in the NEC now and forever. Nobody cares about Central Northeast Connecticut State Tech College. Get over it dude.

Not that anyone cares about Monmouth football. You will never get into the CAA and who knows if even the PL you are spending a ton of money to hold 4K.

Dave195
September 10th, 2016, 07:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cr6Oyv2WAAAInyQ.jpg

slycat
September 13th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the update. I like the new design. The flay area in the middle of the second deck is really unique.

Sader87
September 13th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Points of fact: Lehigh travels better than Holy Cross. Lehigh has a ton more alums in CT area than HC does in Northern NJ.

Not so sure about that....HC though a smaller school than Lehigh, has always had a very large metro NYC alumni-base. HC used to travel very well (for its size), the PL years have sort of dampened off that enthusiasm.

JMG1MON
September 17th, 2016, 11:08 AM
Ace, the move to the Big South had nothing to do with football. Football needed a home after moving the rest of the sports to the MAAC. NEC wouldn't keep Monmouth for football, so they did what they could. And playing Iona/Manhattan/Rider/St Peter's is exponentially better than the NEC programs for the rest of the sports teams.