PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Agrees to Play Oregon in 2020

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2015, 02:05 PM
Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY) 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/634802733900414977) Fargo, ND (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A5c8fea63bc3faa5b) Just in: #NDSU (https://twitter.com/hashtag/NDSU?src=hash) will play at Oregon on September 5th, 2020.

BisonFan02
August 21st, 2015, 02:06 PM
xeekx

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2015, 02:07 PM
All those "WE WANT _____" signs finally paid off

2ram
August 21st, 2015, 02:08 PM
let's just hope both teams are still good by then. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2015, 02:14 PM

I'm not worried about us.

centennial
August 21st, 2015, 02:15 PM
Exactly like I predicted. We are having to play teams that we are top 10-20 FBS. Now let's schedule Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia Tech etc for 17, 18, 19.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2015, 02:21 PM
The news has broken Bisonville.

FargoBison
August 21st, 2015, 02:24 PM
NDSU will take home $650k for the game.

IBleedYellow
August 21st, 2015, 02:26 PM
Well ****....at least it'll be an awesome stadium to experience!!

dewey
August 21st, 2015, 02:47 PM
I was hoping that NDSU would schedule a game with a team that is in their recruiting footpring but apparently all the Big Ten/Big 12/MAC teams don't want to lose to NDSU any more. This would be a great game to go to.

Dewey

BisonFan02
August 21st, 2015, 03:00 PM
Dom Izzo‏@DomIzzoWDAY 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/634816180079820800) #NDSU (https://twitter.com/hashtag/NDSU?src=hash) will get $650,000 from Oregon for 2020 game. It's a 1 million dollar buyout for the Ducks to get out of game. @FBSchedules (https://twitter.com/FBSchedules)

Well.........looks like that game is happening. xlolx

RootinFerDukes
August 21st, 2015, 03:00 PM
Very cool for NDSU. Maybe you all will finally get to experience what 98% of FCS schools get to experience when they match up against BCS programs.... a boring blowout.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2015, 03:07 PM
Very cool for NDSU. Maybe you all will finally get to experience what 98% of FCS schools get to experience when they match up against BCS programs.... a boring blowout.

That's what it was in Ames, IA last year.

HailSzczur
August 21st, 2015, 03:22 PM
Odds on how many times this matchup will get compared to Michigan/App in the next 5 years?

Gothmog
August 21st, 2015, 04:05 PM
http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/3822605-bison-add-fbs-power-oregon-their-football-schedule-2020

Grizalltheway
August 21st, 2015, 04:05 PM
We're doing it first...nah nah nah nah nah nah...

Grizalltheway
August 21st, 2015, 04:07 PM
Dom Izzo‏@DomIzzoWDAY 3m3 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/634816180079820800) #NDSU (https://twitter.com/hashtag/NDSU?src=hash) will get $650,000 from Oregon for 2020 game. It's a 1 million dollar buyout for the Ducks to get out of game. @FBSchedules (https://twitter.com/FBSchedules)

Well.........looks like that game is happening. xlolx

****, Phil Knight, I mean Oregon, just spent more than that on their new whirlpool.

IBleedYellow
August 21st, 2015, 04:08 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?172094-You-asked-for-it-you-got-it

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2015, 04:16 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?172094-You-asked-for-it-you-got-it

My fault, I picked a stupidly vague title. PM'ing a mod to update it to something more clear.

BisonFan02
August 21st, 2015, 04:22 PM
****, Phil Knight, I mean Oregon, just spent more than that on their new whirlpool.

Oh...I get that...but is there precedent for a P5 school to dump 1M on buying out a FCS team? :D

Pard4Life
August 21st, 2015, 04:22 PM
So... this thread will be on the first page for the next five years?

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 21st, 2015, 04:23 PM
We're doing it first...nah nah nah nah nah nah...

The Griz "recently", 2005, played Oregon so this isn't a complete novelty. The Ducks won 47-14

Montana played at Neyland in 2011. I'd honestly prefer to see a game there over Oregon. I've heard nothing but good things about Knoxville. It's high on my list of places to visit.....

BisonFan02
August 21st, 2015, 04:25 PM
So... this thread will be on the first page for the next five years?

Hey....you guys have your Pard/New Hampshire thread.....let us have this... :D

Grizalltheway
August 21st, 2015, 04:26 PM
The Griz "recently", 2005, played Oregon so this isn't a complete novelty. The Ducks won 47-14

Montana played at Neyland in 2011. I'd honestly prefer to see a game there over Oregon. I've heard nothing but good things about Knoxville. It's high on my list of places to visit.....

Also playing them in 2019, which is the game I was referring to.

NY Crusader 2010
August 21st, 2015, 05:10 PM
I'm guessing you guys are no longer welcome in the state of Kansas?

NY Crusader 2010
August 21st, 2015, 05:16 PM
Hey....you guys have your Pard/New Hampshire thread.....let us have this... :D

I think UNH just scored again...

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2015, 05:17 PM
I'm guessing you guys are no longer welcome in the state of Kansas?
Probably not even in the Big 12. Fun fact, the last team from Kansas to beat NDSU?

Emporia State in 1998. I was at that game. Brian Shay went bananas.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 21st, 2015, 06:01 PM
Merged.

Autzen was great even as far back as 1993 when DD almost shook Oregon out of their boots. Took some home cooking for the Ducks to get that one sealed up...at least that is what a former Ducks player told us after the game. Pac officials will take advantage of you if it counts, trust me.

I am flat out telling you to make that trip Bison fans cuz it is one fun damn place to party.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 21st, 2015, 07:24 PM
If NDSU still runs the power West Coast offense then they will be in the game. 5 years is a long ways off but Oregon has trouble with Stanford....and what kind of offense they run?

This definitely would be a fun one to go to.

GABison
August 22nd, 2015, 08:27 AM

We haven't been blown out by a FBS team yet. Closest might be ISU in 2009 34-17. We avenged that last year. We'll be okay.xthumbsupx

Cocky
August 22nd, 2015, 08:45 AM
Exactly like I predicted. We are having to play teams that we are top 10-20 FBS. Now let's schedule Georgia, Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia Tech etc for 17, 18, 19.

How did Georgia Tech get listed in the group?

344Johnson
August 22nd, 2015, 09:38 AM
If NDSU still runs the power West Coast offense then they will be in the game. 5 years is a long ways off but Oregon has trouble with Stanford....and what kind of offense they run?

This definitely would be a fun one to go to.

Hey what offense did Florida State run last year? What about Michigan State? This game won't be competitive unless Oregon starts sucking.

Georgia Tech would be a bad matchup for NDSU. it's like Ga Southern on the roids.

SUUTbird
August 22nd, 2015, 09:44 AM
It's great to hear but honestly I don't expect it to happen. With the Big 10 announcing they are no longer scheduling FCS opponents to give them a better strength of schedule for the college playoffs I can see the other P5 conferences following suit.

caribbeanhen
August 22nd, 2015, 09:54 AM

lets just hope its an FBS game period

NoDak 4 Ever
August 22nd, 2015, 10:00 AM
It's great to hear but honestly I don't expect it to happen. With the Big 10 announcing they are no longer scheduling FCS opponents to give them a better strength of schedule for the college playoffs I can see the other P5 conferences following suit.

Teams like Oregon, Alabama, and the like don't need to worry about strength of schedule. Jim Delaney has a **** sandwich on premium bread. He needs to make it look like his conference is "too good" for that stuff.

Hammerhead
August 22nd, 2015, 10:03 AM
If it doesn't happen, NDSU gets a $1 million buyout check. I'm sure Phil Knight can afford that, but it would be a nice boost to NDSU's bottom line.

centennial
August 22nd, 2015, 10:40 AM
They are a borderline top 20 team and a bad matchup for NDSU. Adversity helps you grow.

laxVik
August 22nd, 2015, 05:46 PM

This definitely would be a fun one to go to.Ah...no they won't.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 22nd, 2015, 06:32 PM
Hey what offense did Florida State run last year? What about Michigan State? This game won't be competitive unless Oregon starts sucking.

Georgia Tech would be a bad matchup for NDSU. it's like Ga Southern on the roids.

You're a legend in your own mind. You must know everything about how the Bison will play at all times.

No way does NDSU get blown out in this game like a USD game last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah...no they won't.

We'll see wont we.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 22nd, 2015, 06:49 PM
They are a borderline top 20 team and a bad matchup for NDSU. Adversity helps you grow.

Georgia Tech could very easily be a fringe Top 10 team this year. They were pretty damn good last year too. They along with Clemson and FSU seem to be the only real threats nationally from the ACC.

Historically though, they're a fringe Top 15-20 program. They remind of Iowa with a slightly higher ceiling. I'm not THAT old and I remember Tech winning/splitting a national title....

Oregon is the tougher opponent when you look at recent history but not by too much....

centennial
August 22nd, 2015, 07:10 PM
Georgia Tech could very easily be a fringe Top 10 team this year. They were pretty damn good last year too. They along with Clemson and FSU seem to be the only real threats nationally from the ACC.

Historically though, they're a fringe Top 15-20 program. They remind of Iowa with a slightly higher ceiling. I'm not THAT old and I remember Tech winning/splitting a national title....

Oregon is the tougher opponent when you look at recent history but not by too much....
I know we would get beat, possibly badly, however, I do want a game against any of those 3- Georgia Tech, Clemson or Florida State.

GABison
August 22nd, 2015, 08:12 PM

The college football landscape may be considerably different in 5 years. I consider it a good omen that Oregon thinks that NDSU will probably be in a division that will not hurt its strength of schedule come 2020.

BisonFan02
August 22nd, 2015, 09:06 PM
The college football landscape may be considerably different in 5 years. I consider it a good omen that Oregon thinks that NDSU will probably be in a division that will not hurt its strength of schedule come 2020.

How about Montana in 2019? Pump the brakes a bit......wow

Cocky
August 22nd, 2015, 09:18 PM
I know we would get beat, possibly badly, however, I do want a game against any of those 3- Georgia Tech, Clemson or Florida State.
We should have beaten FSU a few years ago. If Captain Jack had been ran off a few years earlier we would have won. NDSU can play with any of those teams. Should lose but would still have as good a chance as most other teams on their schedule.

Hammersmith
August 22nd, 2015, 09:19 PM
Welp, looks like high odds Oregon will have a new coach in 2020.

GABison
August 22nd, 2015, 09:23 PM
How about Montana in 2019? Pump the brakes a bit......wow

What's your problem? Montana will probably be in the same subdivision also by then.

BisonFan02
August 22nd, 2015, 09:33 PM
What's your problem? Montana will probably be in the same subdivision also by then.

If you genuinely think Oregon, when scheduling an OOC FCS team 5 years from now, is going "Gee whiz....I bet NDSU won't affect our SOS in 2020 for the playoffs because college football will be WAY different then...lets schedule them!" instead of thinking...."We can pay these guys 650k to come out to play...or we can pay double/triple that for a G5 team...what to do...what to do", I don't know how to help you.

Just because the B1G is taking their ball and going home, doesn't mean the Pac 12 needs to walk away from FCS "freebies" for bowl eligibility. Even in a 4 team playoff scenario....Oregon made the 4 team "playoff" after opening the season with South Dakota............and they even survived a loss against Arizona in the process.

NDSUSR
August 22nd, 2015, 10:51 PM
Its going to be 1.6m to NDSU in 2020.

PantherRob82
August 23rd, 2015, 02:27 AM

We went to New Hampshire at Toledo on Thursday and then watched Montana take on the Vols. It was one of my favorite football trips along with @UNH, @BYU, @YSU (the time when they had people there) and of course, @Montana

mvemjsunpx
August 23rd, 2015, 05:08 AM

If NDSU & Montana really thought they would be FBS in 2020, dontcha think they would've asked for more money? Montana's getting about the same paycheck they've received for their other recent BCS/P5 games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 23rd, 2015, 08:22 AM
Its going to be 1.6m to NDSU in 2020.

You never know. In 5 years the P5 might have it mandated that all teams cannot play FCS schools. P5 might not even be in the NCAA.

GABison
August 23rd, 2015, 08:26 AM
If you genuinely think Oregon, when scheduling an OOC FCS team 5 years from now, is going "Gee whiz....I bet NDSU won't affect our SOS in 2020 for the playoffs because college football will be WAY different then...lets schedule them!" instead of thinking...."We can pay these guys 650k to come out to play...or we can pay double/triple that for a G5 team...what to do...what to do", I don't know how to help you.

Just because the B1G is taking their ball and going home, doesn't mean the Pac 12 needs to walk away from FCS "freebies" for bowl eligibility. Even in a 4 team playoff scenario....Oregon made the 4 team "playoff" after opening the season with South Dakota............and they even survived a loss against Arizona in the process.

If NDSU & Montana really thought they would be FBS in 2020, dontcha think they would've asked for more money? Montana's getting about the same paycheck they've received for their other recent BCS/P5 games.

Both good points, it is cool that the Pac-12 is still scheduling FCS. It will be interesting which scheduling philosophy wins out, if any, the Big Ten or Pac 12's.

With all the conference realignments and backfilling that will occur in the next couple years, I will be disappointed if both NDSU and Montana (along with SDSU and MSU) are not on the same "level" as the Wyoming and Ball States of the football world come 2020.

To each his own.

Evolution Prime
August 24th, 2015, 01:44 PM
That's going to potentially be a lot of yellow and green jerseys on the field that day. xeekx

NoDak 4 Ever
August 24th, 2015, 01:47 PM
That's going to potentially be a lot of yellow and green jerseys on the field that day. xeekx

Nah, Oregon will use some sort of silver chrome jersey with duck feathers all over it.

Evolution Prime
August 24th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Hence the word potentially. ;) That is the stupid color scheme I was thinking as well. White with silver accents. As long as it isn't the hideous neon yellow/green.

Grizalltheway
August 24th, 2015, 02:48 PM

This makes no sense at all. These are the FCS teams Oregon has played (including this year) over the past several seasons:

EWU
South Dakota
Nicholls State
Tenn. Tech
Missouri State
Portland State

Not exactly a murderer's row from a SOS standpoint.

UncleBuck
August 24th, 2015, 08:05 PM
So, they will play in 2020, let me math for a second, that's a lot of years from now.

I hope I'm still alive.

2ram
August 25th, 2015, 02:00 PM
more like oregon agrees to play ndsu.

Hammerhead
August 25th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Nah, Oregon will use some sort of silver chrome jersey with duck feathers all over it.

Or go all white or black.

http://www.vulcan100.com/image/large/iPZ8kLwDT=sEUKcxTuNAi4tB7Gcrj=8h/wsphoto/v2/1495942124_1/2014-New-NCAA-Football-Jersey-Oregon-Ducks-6-De-Anthony-Thomas-8-Marcus-Mariota-College-Football.jpg