PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday: SDSU VS NDSU

TheKingpin28
August 20th, 2015, 02:10 PM
https://amp.twimg.com/v/3c2e3cf2-5fae-47af-9bd5-d922d1181405

That would be amazing. Would love to see them skip on Alabama and Georgia to showcase one of the premier rivalries in all of D1 sports, and to show the new stadium to the rest of the nation

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2015, 02:10 PM

That would be amazing. Would love to see them skip on Alabama and Georgia to showcase one of the premier rivalries in all of D1 sports, and to show the new half stadium to the rest of the nation

FIFY

Laker
August 20th, 2015, 02:21 PM
NSDU @ SDSU for GameDay. That would be great.

344Johnson
August 20th, 2015, 02:29 PM

That would be amazing. Would love to see them skip on Alabama and Georgia to showcase one of the premier rivalries in all of D1 sports, and to show the new stadium to the rest of the nation

Did you just call NDSU vs. SDSU a premier division 1 rivalry?

Auburn v. Bama
Ohio St v. Michigan
Texas v. OU
ND v. USC
SC v. UCLA

FCS has some much bigger ones as well.

We could honestly make a @#$%ton of these that are significantly more premier. That said, it would be cool and I think my dad wanted us to go to that came.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2015, 02:30 PM
On this board, the contention of the Dakota Marker as "the best" or even a true "premier" rivalry is going to be met with some resistance.

A 12 year old trophy isn't going to cut it here.

Catsfan90
August 20th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Couldn't get the link to work!

eiu1999
August 20th, 2015, 02:38 PM

$@#$@#$#* Alabama

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Couldn't get the link to work!

Here's the tweet. The letter is pretty comical. You can find that under the handle of the user to which it was replied.

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/634402653330522113

BEAR
August 20th, 2015, 02:44 PM

Are we getting a little excited? Skip on Alabama? Good grief you have NO idea how this works do you? xlolx

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/bison-having-fun-paul-w-sharpe-aka-wizard-of-wonders.jpg

https://afterthesuckerpunch.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/thats-not-how-it-works.jpg

Grizalltheway
August 20th, 2015, 02:47 PM
On this board, the contention of the Dakota Marker as "the best" or even a true "premier" rivalry is going to be met with some resistance.

Not a fan of the trophy itself, but I have to think Griz/cat would be the best showcase as far as FCS rivalries go. Not a chance Gameday shows up in Missoula or Bozeman for it that close to the end of the FBS season, though.

Catsfan90
August 20th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Here's the tweet. The letter is pretty comical. You can find that under the handle of the user to which it was replied.

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/634402653330522113

Great stuff! I am glad to see that ESPN took the time to reply to him.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Are we getting a little excited? Skip on Alabama? Good grief you have NO idea how this works do you? xlolx

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/bison-having-fun-paul-w-sharpe-aka-wizard-of-wonders.jpg

https://afterthesuckerpunch.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/thats-not-how-it-works.jpg

Every week they don't go to Georgia or Alabama they are skipping it so, back at ya.

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Not a fan of the trophy itself, but I have to think Griz/cat would be the best showcase as far as FCS rivalries go. Not a chance Gameday shows up in Missoula or Bozeman for it that close to the end of the FBS season, though.

Yup.....and toss in Harvard/Yale, SHSU/SFA, Lehigh/Lafayette....etc. The SDSU guy who wrote that letter definitely jumped the shark there...

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Yup.....and toss in Harvard/Yale, SHSU/SFA, Lehigh/Lafayette....etc. The SDSU guy who wrote that letter definitely jumped the shark there...

Well when Sioux Falls is the "big city", you lose a little perspective.

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2015, 02:51 PM

Well....to be fair....NDSU/SDSU have played each other like 103 times. 2nd most played opponent for NDSU....only behind UND by like 5 games (and....I assume SDSU will pass that figure in the next few years....especially if we keep meeting in the postseason).

BEAR
August 20th, 2015, 02:53 PM
Every week they don't go to Georgia or Alabama they are skipping it so, back at ya.

If they had a choice between your game and an Alabama game....nevermind..I don't need to answer. Do I? xlolx

Catsfan90
August 20th, 2015, 02:55 PM
If they had a choice between your game and an Alabama game....nevermind..I don't need to answer. Do I? xlolx

As fans of FCS that choice for us is easy, but for the rest of America........ lol

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2015, 02:56 PM

Both times Gameday came to Fargo, Alabama was home against a FBS opponent. Your argument needs to get stronger, not more repetitive.

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Both times Gameday came to Fargo, Alabama was home against a FBS opponent. Your argument needs to get stronger, not more repetitive.

Yup....last year, Alabama played host to CUSA power Southern Mississippi when Fargo had gameday! :D

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Yup....last year, Alabama played host to CUSA power Southern Mississippi when Fargo had gameday! :D

I'm just saying Alabama plays Georgia every year and Gameday hasn't been there. It's usually against LSU.

IBleedYellow
August 20th, 2015, 03:31 PM
I would say no chance to this, but then again I never would have thought Gameday would come to Fargo, let alone twice.

BEAR
August 20th, 2015, 03:37 PM
How many FCS schools have had Gameday come to their place? Let alone twice? Well done Bison. xpeacex

344Johnson
August 20th, 2015, 03:42 PM
I'm just saying Alabama plays Georgia every year and Gameday hasn't been there. It's usually against LSU.

Alabama doesn't play Georgia every year dude.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Alabama doesn't play Georgia every year dude.

Huh, I guess they don't. Shows how many ****s I give about FBS.

mango43
August 20th, 2015, 03:58 PM

Notre Dame-Clemson is that night as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2015, 04:01 PM
I would say no chance to this, but then again I never would have thought Gameday would come to Fargo, let alone twice.

Interesting to talk about but I doubt it will happen in Brookings.

BEAR
August 20th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Huh, I guess they don't. Shows how many ****s I give about FBS.

I'm with you on that.

Heck, I'd rather go watch the 108 year old Battle of the Ravine (D2 Henderson State vs. Ouachita Baptist ) than Bama and Georgia.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2015, 04:04 PM
I'm with you on that.

Heck, I'd rather go watch the 108 year old Battle of the Ravine (D2 Henderson State vs. Ouachita Baptist ) than Bama and Georgia.

Bama and the Dawgs would be a good one to see......

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Interesting to talk about but I doubt it will happen in Brookings.

Yeah, Brookings is about as backwater as it gets.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Yeah, Brookings is about as backwater as it gets.

Ya, I thought it's Brookings......oh wait, it's Brookings. ESPN is not going to Brookings because it is.........Brookings!

NDSU/UNI seems more likely if they come back.

Yote 53
August 20th, 2015, 04:34 PM

xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

Not even the biggest rivalry for either school.

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2015, 04:56 PM
xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

I know you guys at least play SDSU every year.....but maybe its time you are actually competitive? You guys are as much of a rival to SDSU now as Delaware St. is to Delaware.

TheKingpin28
August 20th, 2015, 05:46 PM
I really did not believe the amount of uproar this would cause, but I forgot, some people on this board just can't be happy for other schools. :P I did forget that this is EsecPN that we are talking about, but they havetheir own Gameday network now. I just figured it would be nice to not showcase the overlords of the SEC for just one week and stick it to the FBS. For playing about 100yrs, I think you could consider this a premier rivalry. I could go back to the Nickle trophy, but we all know how that went when UND decided to stay behind and shove it to NDSU.

IBleedYellow
August 20th, 2015, 05:47 PM
xlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaoxxlmaox

I like how your signature says "Pride of the Dakotas."

How's the bottom feel?

Maybe once you're competitive with anyone in the Valley you'd have a shot at being SDSU's rival. Right now you're on UND's level.

bertram
August 20th, 2015, 05:56 PM
If game day covers a Dakota battle game this year, it should be the revival of the UND Vs. NDSU rivalry. Granted it might not be as good of a game... but back history and crowd experiance would make for some good TV.

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2015, 06:34 PM
If game day covers a Dakota battle game this year, it should be the revival of the UND Vs. NDSU rivalry. Granted it might not be as good of a game... but back history and crowd experiance would make for some good TV.

No thanks...

goyotes
August 20th, 2015, 06:39 PM
I know you guys at least play SDSU every year.....but maybe its time you are actually competitive? You guys are as much of a rival to SDSU now as Delaware St. is to Delaware.

Absent the team formerly known as the Sioux joining the same conference(s) as the rest of the Dakota's, SDSU will continue to be both NDSU and USD's main rival due to simple geography. With the big exception of football, the Yotes have more than held their own against SDSU in other sports.

Agree, that at least from the football fan aspect, it won't be a rivalry again until the Yotes pick up a couple of wins over SDSU. From the aspect of the general student body, USD will continue to be the primary rival. I am guessing that a significant portion of the SDSU students will be in Vermillion enjoying Dakota Day festivities with high school friends and classmates on the same day as the SDSU - NDSU game. (I don't understand missing a home football game, but then again my college days are in the distant past)

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Absent the team formerly known as the Sioux joining the same conference(s) as the rest of the Dakota's, SDSU will continue to be both NDSU and USD's main rival due to simple geography. With the big exception of football, the Yotes have more than held their own against SDSU in other sports.

Agree, that at least from the football fan aspect, it won't be a rivalry again until the Yotes pick up a couple of wins over SDSU. From the aspect of the general student body, USD will continue to be the primary rival. I am guessing that a significant portion of the SDSU students will be in Vermillion enjoying Dakota Day festivities with high school friends and classmates on the same day as the SDSU - NDSU game. (I don't understand missing a home football game, but then again my college days are in the distant past)

Game attendance:

11/22/2014: USD @ SDSU - 10,631
9/28/2013: NDSU @ SDSU - 16,498
11/17/2012: USD @ SDSU - 15,278 (First game back at SDSU in DI era)
10/22/2011: NDSU @ SDSU - 14,823 (SDSU was 2-6 at that point)
10/17/2009: NDSU @ SDSU - 14,188 (NDSU was 1-6 at that point)
11/17/2007: NDSU @ SDSU - 16,345 (This is game I would rather forget...lol)
...and I could go back further too if needed....

Is there a point of the above? Probably not.... xlolx The only thing I will say is that NDSU and SDSU took the DI plunge together and both caught plenty of **** from the "flagships"...maybe a little more was given by the school with no mascot, but that doesn't change the fact that NDSU/SDSU probably share a lot more mutual respect...which makes it a much more civil/fun rivalry (without the BS and venom).

mmiller_34
August 20th, 2015, 08:05 PM
With the big exception of football, the Yotes have more than held their own against SDSU in other sports.

Yes, because track & field, volleyball, and cross country matter to those on a football discussion site.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Yes, because track & field, volleyball, and cross country matter to those on a football discussion site.

What are these things of which you speak?

mmiller_34
August 20th, 2015, 08:15 PM
What are these things of which you speak?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nFhcI4tgI

NDSU1980
August 20th, 2015, 09:30 PM
My wife graduated from SDSU. Even she ridicules Brookings as being one of most boring places in the country. I can't imagine GD wanting anything to do with Brookings or SDSU. If they want to showcase NDSU, they just come to Fargo.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 20th, 2015, 09:33 PM
My wife graduated from SDSU. Even she ridicules Brookings as being one of most boring places in the country. I can't imagine GD wanting anything to do with Brookings or SDSU. If they want to showcase NDSU, they just come to Fargo.

I gotta tell you, that's not a bad place to go to school. It's a pretty good college town but yes, not a Gameday location.

catbob
August 20th, 2015, 11:17 PM
I would've thought the same thing about Fargo, yet Gameday went there.

That being said, we've been lobbying for Gameday to come to a Cat/Griz game for years. Its during rivalry week so it'll never happen.

mango43
August 21st, 2015, 08:05 AM

And my wife who graduated from NDSU loves Brookings.

I don't get the ridicule of Brookings. I loved my time in Brookings and think it's a pretty damn good college town. Granted, there's no way GameDay would come because it is a small town with an FCS school but it's a good college town.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2015, 08:29 AM

I don't get the ridicule of Brookings. I loved my time in Brookings and think it's a pretty damn good college town. Granted, there's no way GameDay would come because it is a small town with an FCS school but it's a good college town.

As I said, I went there for a year before transferring back to graduate from NDSU and I loved it. Nice, fun downtown. Good food. The Dairy Bar being on my way home from class. Always liked it.

NDSU_grad
August 21st, 2015, 09:31 AM

I can only speculate, but I would guess most of the Bison fans who ridicule Brookings are probably obnoxious idiots who grew up in the Twin Cities. They possess a strange combination of pretentiousness and insecurity.

Bisonator
August 21st, 2015, 12:37 PM
Most FBS colleges are not in the most premier locations yet Gameday goes there so I doubt that would have a huge bearing.

That said this letter is pretty funny! xlolx

PAllen
August 21st, 2015, 01:10 PM

Pretty much.

jacksfan29
August 21st, 2015, 01:14 PM

Seriously, its Fargo. No one but those who live there think it is some kind of paradise. The reality, last time I was in Fargo all I saw were a lot of places to eat and a lot of people who obviously eat... a lot.

RootinFerDukes
August 21st, 2015, 01:26 PM
Seriously, its Fargo. No one but those who live there think it is some kind of paradise. The reality, last time I was in Fargo all I saw were a lot of places to eat and a lot of people who obviously eat... a lot.
My thoughts exactly. This "Fargo is a bigger place than Brookings" argument is comical from the outside. 228k metro vs 31k metro. Big woopty doo.
This is coming from a fan whose school is located in a 125k metro area.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2015, 01:34 PM
My thoughts exactly. This "Fargo is a bigger place than Brookings" argument is comical from the outside. 228k metro vs 31k metro. Big woopty doo.
This is coming from a fan whose school is located in a 125k metro area.

Brookings is a place to piss along I-29 if you forgot to go in Watertown and can't make it all the way to Sioux Falls. Unless you work at Daktronics or go to SDSU (the Venn diagram of which is nearly a circle), you will never go there.

clenz
August 21st, 2015, 01:44 PM
Brookings is a place to piss along I-29 if you forgot to go in Watertown and can't make it all the way to Sioux Falls. Unless you work at Daktronics or go to SDSU (the Venn diagram of which is nearly a circle), you will never go there.
Been to Brookins a couple times.

1. Going to Fargo up 29. Left my parents place in NW Iowa about 90 miles from Brookings. No way I was making Watertown
2. Reverse of that trip but coming from Watertown.
3. Football game
4. Basketball
5. School trip

Drblankstare
August 21st, 2015, 01:50 PM
Ripping on each other's towns is pointless. Brookings is a fine college town, Gameday is not going there no matter who their playing.

Hell unless NDSU beats Montana, Weber St and UND, there not coming to back to Fargo either.

Gothmog
August 21st, 2015, 03:37 PM
The bottom line is that there's no way GameDay is coming to Brookings until SDSU has a lot more hardware in its football trophy case. It has little to do with Fargo vs. Brookings, or anything other than NDSU's football brand vs. SDSU's. The Bison win that comparison by a mile.

I'm sure ESPN would be happy to come to Brookings if there was a story worth covering ... there isn't.

344Johnson
August 21st, 2015, 03:59 PM

I live in Fargo. It's fine. Certainly not the Mecca some here make it out to be. I'd prefer something smaller. But not the end of the world.

Grizalltheway
August 21st, 2015, 04:12 PM
I've never set foot in either of the Dakotas, but I probably should make it out to Mount Rushmore one of these days. That's all I got.

clenz
August 21st, 2015, 04:17 PM
I've never set foot in either of the Dakotas, but I probably should make it out to Mount Rushmore one of these days. That's all I got.Biggest waste of time there is.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 21st, 2015, 04:19 PM
Biggest waste of time there is.

That whole black hills area is pretty cool but it's just to ****ing far out there.

clenz
August 21st, 2015, 04:19 PM
That whole black hills area is pretty cool but it's just to ****ing far out there.
Other areas of the Black Hills are pretty sweet.

Mt Rushmore is a waste of time/money

BisonTru
August 21st, 2015, 04:39 PM
The bottom line is that there's no way GameDay is coming to Brookings until SDSU has a lot more hardware in its football trophy case. It has little to do with Fargo vs. Brookings, or anything other than NDSU's football brand vs. SDSU's. The Bison win that comparison by a mile.

I'm sure ESPN would be happy to come to Brookings if there was a story worth covering ... there isn't.

The story is NDSU and the run we're on. That's why the author eluded to coming for the NDSU game and not just any SDSU home game.

If both schools are undefeated coming into this game this idea has a chance. Might need some help from a weak slate of FBS games, but there is at least a chance.

Remember, NDSU @ YSU was on their radar a couple years ago until YSU dropped their first game.

mango43
August 21st, 2015, 04:58 PM
Other areas of the Black Hills are pretty sweet.

Mt Rushmore is a waste of time/money

It's fine to see once but yeah, other than that not worth it. I'd rather go hike someplace in Badlands National Park or the Black Hills