PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Coastal game now Thursday night game on ESPNEWS

knucklehead
August 19th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Game will be moved from Saturday November the 21st to Thursday night November 19th at 7pm on ESPNEWS. First ever Big South primetime televised Thursday night game. Should be a much better atmosphere in The Bill as well since students should still be around before leaving for Thanksgiving break. Liberty will be coming off a Saturday home game vs Charleston Southern while CCU will be coming off a Saturday home game vs Kennesaw St.

http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=10869&NewsID=15052&TeamID=

CasualFan
August 19th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Now I need to get a new calendar. My old one has the wrong date circled, highlighted, underlined, and bolded.

CHIP72
August 19th, 2015, 05:36 PM
For whatever it is worth, the other college football games on TV that night include:

*Nicholls State at Southeastern Louisiana, 7:00 PM ET (ASN)
*East Carolina at Central Florida, 7:30 PM ET (ESPN)
*Louisiana-Monroe at Texas State, 9:30 PM ET (ESPNU)

Additionally, there is an NFL game that night:

*Tennessee at Jacksonville, 8:25 PM ET (NFL Network)

Finally, the NBA has a couple games on TNT:

*Milwaukee at Cleveland, 8:00 PM ET (TNT)
*Golden State at L.A. Clippers, 10:30 PM ET (TNT)

Though the ECU/UCF matchup is a fairly attractive matchup IMO, there are no games involving P5 teams that night. Additionally, the NFL game is probably the least attractive prime-time game during the entire NFL season, and the NBA season will still be in its early stages (and Bucks/Cavaliers is relatively unattractive and Warriors/Clippers is on really late). In other words, Coastal Carolina/Liberty actually has a chance to draw a semi-decent national audience if both teams are as good as expected.

RootinFerDukes
August 19th, 2015, 05:40 PM
When was the last Fcs regular season game aired by an ESPN network, excluding Fcs kickoff and Fcs-fbs games? Espn3 doesn't count either.

SENOREIDA
August 19th, 2015, 05:56 PM
When was the last Fcs regular season game aired by an ESPN network, excluding Fcs kickoff and Fcs-fbs games? Espn3 doesn't count either.
Hasn't NDSU gotten their games carried on the ESPN networks, when college game day stop in Fargo?

centennial
August 19th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Outside the playoffs?

PantherRob82
August 19th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Outside the playoffs?
Regular season is normally outside the playoffs. xlolx

clenz
August 19th, 2015, 06:08 PM
UNI was an ESPN2 game a few years ago on a Thursday night

Libertine
August 19th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Hasn't NDSU gotten their games carried on the ESPN networks, when college game day stop in Fargo?

ESPN didn't actually broadcast the games either time that CGD stopped in Fargo. I can remember watching NDSU upset K-State a few years ago on one of the ESPN's but I don't remember which channel it was.

clenz
August 19th, 2015, 06:31 PM
ESPN didn't actually broadcast the games either time that CGD stopped in Fargo. I can remember watching NDSU upset K-State a few years ago on one of the ESPN's but I don't remember which channel it was.
That was FS1 I believe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RootinFerDukes
August 19th, 2015, 06:44 PM
That was FS1 I believe

Yes it was Fox Sports 1. I remember that game distinctly. What was the UNI game on ESPN2? I don't recall that but I also wasn't looking to watch games that didn't involve JMU until the past two seasons maybe.
I do remember a wofford-app state game on halloween. 2008 maybe? Espn2 i think.

clenz
August 19th, 2015, 06:49 PM
UNI v Nichols State in the Dome in 08

I'll remember skipping class and work that day to spend all day drinking......soda and water since I was only 20...there was not a full 30 pack of keystone lights and full bottle of Dr. Menthal in anyway knowingly ingested by me....

I'll also remember that as the game the Nichols St LB pulled a Joe Theisman on his ankle with no contact. UNI QB put a juke move on him and his shoe caught the turf an it just snapped. The dome got dead silent except the scream on the NSU linebacker that could be heard anywhere in the dome. Probably a 30 min delay on that one

That next year we went away from astroturf

A little "way back Wednesday" of the side of my completely sober face taken by a completely sober friend

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/1909490_45394388313_3766_n_zpsulzzbqht.jpg

*****EDITED TO FIX MY MISREMEMBER OF THE NSU INJURY.****

RootinFerDukes
August 19th, 2015, 07:09 PM
So perhaps the first Fcs "regular season" games on ESPN since 2008. They need to have a handful each season.
The CAA has an NBC deal, so we've supposedly been blacklisted by that network.

knucklehead
August 19th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Between the NDSU vs Montana game and this LU vs CCU game they should be huge chances to show a national audience some great FCS football. I just hope both LU and CCU do what we think they can so it's an even bigger top 10 matchup with the winner taking the conference. Would be huge. So glad it's a Thursday so the student section can pack the place.

centennial
August 19th, 2015, 07:20 PM
Yes it was Fox Sports 1. I remember that game distinctly. What was the UNI game on ESPN2? I don't recall that but I also wasn't looking to watch games that didn't involve JMU until the past two seasons maybe.
SHSU vs EWU last year.

PantherRob82
August 19th, 2015, 07:40 PM
SHSU vs EWU last year.

Bump

MTfan4life
August 19th, 2015, 10:22 PM

Now that you mention it, I do remember being able to watch Wofford play App State a few years ago, and there was no other way I would have seen it other than being on an ESPN channel. I remember App State just annihilating Wofford, so it must have been 2008.

clenz
August 19th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Now that you mention it, I do remember being able to watch Wofford play App State a few years ago, and there was no other way I would have seen it other than being on an ESPN channel. I remember App State just annihilating Wofford, so it must have been 2008.
Black out game at the Rock.

Wasn't the score something like 61-10 or something nuts like that, with a halftime score of like 49-0ish

WestCoastAggie
August 19th, 2015, 10:49 PM

Umm... MEAC & SWAC has had games on ESPNU Thursday nights for years now.

clenz
August 19th, 2015, 11:00 PM
They have...

Though I don't know I've ever seen one live...or on before 11PM central

Catsfan90
August 19th, 2015, 11:07 PM
Good stuff. I am glad to see ESPN stepping up and airing some of these big matchups. I am tired of always seeing lower level FBS teams have pillow fights on Thursday nights.

clenz
August 19th, 2015, 11:17 PM
Good stuff. I am glad to see ESPN stepping up and airing some of these big matchups. I am tired of always seeing lower level FBS teams have pillow fights on Thursday nights.
Call them pillow fights if you will, I love me some MACtion.

Catsfan90
August 19th, 2015, 11:37 PM
Call them pillow fights if you will, I love me some MACtion.
MACtion is on Tuesday nights, everyone knows that!

clenz
August 19th, 2015, 11:49 PM
MACtion is on Tuesday nights, everyone knows that!
MACtion is every night starting about week 4xnodx

This has nothing to do with a personal issue with the SBC, I don't have one, but the SBC is just boring to watch compared to MACtion. The MAC undestands it's place, though always fighting to get better. They (the conference, programs, players, fans, etc...) all completely buy into the MACtion attitude and line of thinking. It's just a ton of fun to watch.

The SBC on the other hand is struggling for an identity and can't seem to decide what it wants to be. I enjoyed the GSU games I saw last year but outside of them or ASU I just can't get into a SBC that easily...same is true for CUSA or most of the AAC honestly.

Catsfan90
August 19th, 2015, 11:51 PM
MACtion is every night starting about week 4xnodx

This has nothing to do with a personal issue with the SBC, I don't have one, but the SBC is just boring to watch compared to MACtion. The MAC undestands it's place, though always fighting to get better. They (the conference, programs, players, fans, etc...) all completely buy into the MACtion attitude and line of thinking. It's just a ton of fun to watch.

The SBC on the other hand is struggling for an identity and can't seem to decide what it wants to be. I enjoyed the GSU games I saw last year but outside of them or ASU I just can't get into a SBC that easily...same is true for CUSA or most of the AAC honestly.

I completely agree.Plus the Mac has teams like NIU, Bowling green, and Ohio which are all usually pretty competitive. The SBC has a bunch of teams that cant seem to figure themselves out.

jsnow84
August 20th, 2015, 12:21 AM
CCU should come in undefeated with their cupcake schedule. LU will have a couple of losses, one to WVU and possibly another, (CSU will be a trap game, but one LU should win). This game should be for the auto-bid for the Big South. CCU, will still get in the playoffs, even if they lose this game because of their 10-0 record going in and a top 5 ranking, again due to before mentioned weak, weak, schedule. Looking forward to watching it, I suspect the stadium will be rocking with 20K+.

centennial
August 20th, 2015, 12:36 AM
CCU should come in undefeated with their cupcake schedule. LU will have a couple of losses, one to WVU and possibly another, (CSU will be a trap game, but one LU should win). This game should be for the auto-bid for the Big South. CCU, will still get in the playoffs, even if they lose this game because of their 10-0 record going in and a top 5 ranking, again due to before mentioned weak, weak, schedule. Looking forward to watching it, I suspect the stadium will be rocking with 20K+.
CCU does play WIU. That will be an interesting game to see if WIU can actually beat a top team. IMO they will surprise.

RootinFerDukes
August 20th, 2015, 05:24 AM

Yes that is true. I forgot about those meac and swac games. I think they even put a live one on espn Classic last year.
I even recorded two swac games last year i think.

RootinFerDukes
August 20th, 2015, 05:27 AM
They have...

Another good point. They would come on at very odd hours, like 11pm est. they may have been a tape delay game, in which case it "doesn't count" for purposes of my criteria haha.

Libertine
August 20th, 2015, 06:45 AM
Liberty will be coming off a Saturday home game vs Charleston Southern

I just noticed this which is not accurate. Liberty-CSU is a 2:00 start in North Charleston.

GAD
August 20th, 2015, 07:06 AM
Southern vs Mississippi Valley in 2011 the game that got Stump Mitchell fired was live on ESPNU
Congrats CCU and Liberty enjoy

clenz
August 20th, 2015, 07:08 AM
Another good point. They would come on at very odd hours, like 11pm est. they may have been a tape delay game, in which case it "doesn't count" for purposes of my criteria haha.
That's the thing I was getting at. There were games on in the middle of Saturday opposite the 9th rerun of College Football Final and replay of another game.

Maybe the SWAC kicks off at 10 or 11 PM, but when the sun is still shining I would doubt it. It's entirely possible I miss their original airing though xpeacex

WestCoastAggie
August 20th, 2015, 08:50 AM
Yes that is true. I forgot about those meac and swac games. I think they even put a live one on espn Classic last year.

This year, the MEAC & SWAC and their share of the ESPNU pie is getting smaller. The MEAC in particular will only have 3 Thursday night games shown live.

clenz
August 20th, 2015, 09:13 AM
This year, the MEAC & SWAC and their share of the ESPNU pie is getting smaller. The MEAC in particular will only have 3 Thursday night games shown live.
I think the bowl game is going to cause the regular season pieces to shrink, right or wrong

813Jag
August 20th, 2015, 10:26 AM
They have...

You'll be able to watch your MVSU Delta Devils live on ESPNU September 19. Lol

813Jag
August 20th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Southern vs Mississippi Valley in 2011 the game that got Stump Mitchell fired was live on ESPNU
Congrats CCU and Liberty enjoy
I tore up my living room watching that mess

813Jag
August 20th, 2015, 10:29 AM
I know the games last year were live, I think they only tape delay when they broadcast a SWAC game and a MEAC game on the same day.

knucklehead
August 20th, 2015, 10:34 AM
I just noticed this which is not accurate. Liberty-CSU is a 2:00 start in North Charleston.

Yea, my bad. I know that. Not sure what I was thinking since I remember that mess here last year.

clenz
August 20th, 2015, 10:35 AM
You'll be able to watch your MVSU Delta Devils live on ESPNU September 19. Lol
Don't think I dont have it on my calendar

813Jag
August 20th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Don't think I dont have it on my calendar

My bad, I should have known better lol

GAD
August 20th, 2015, 11:00 AM
I tore up my living room watching that mess
I was therexsmhx

813Jag
August 20th, 2015, 11:02 AM
I was therexsmhx
My condolences.....:(

RootinFerDukes
August 20th, 2015, 06:23 PM
I plan on recording every Fcs game on a real TV channel that airs this season. My wife will kill me for watching so much football.
I plan on watching zero fbs games. Well okay, I watch Texas games.

chattanoogamocs
August 20th, 2015, 08:36 PM

Friday night Halloween broadcast on ESPN2.

#2 ASU won 70-24 over #3 Wofford in front of 30,900.

http://www.appstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1545546

http://www.soconsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4000&ATCLID=1615697