Houston-Carson
William & Mary

ILB
Luke
Rhodes
William & Mary

BisonTru
August 18th, 2015, 07:34 PM
Southern Utah allowed more yards per game than any other FCS team not named Nichols St last year. Yet, they feature three defensive players on this list.

That doesn't say much for the rest of their defense.

smallcollegefbfan
August 18th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Southern Utah allowed more yards per game than any other FCS team not named Nichols St last year. Yet, they feature three defensive players on this list.

That doesn't say much for the rest of their defense.

All 3 of them deserve it, although some others on this list who I don't think we worthy of this. With that said, it shows you just how bad the rest of the unit is to have 3 players this good.

superman7515
August 18th, 2015, 07:54 PM
No Jerel Harrison?

smallcollegefbfan
August 18th, 2015, 08:06 PM
No Jerel Harrison?

I would not put Jerel on a Senior Bowl Watch List. It would have surprised me had he made it. He's a solid player but more like a 4th tier game like the MOH Bowl.

BisonTru
August 18th, 2015, 08:09 PM
All 3 of them deserve it, although some others on this list who I don't think we worthy of this. With that said, it shows you just how bad the rest of the unit is to have 3 players this good.

What's your thoughts on the QBs? I don't recognize a few of the names.

No Robertson, Roberson, Lee, or Ross.

Would have thought one of those guys would have made the list.

smallcollegefbfan
August 18th, 2015, 08:23 PM
What's your thoughts on the QBs? I don't recognize a few of the names.

No Robertson, Roberson, Lee, or Ross.

Would have thought one of those guys would have made the list.

I would have put Lee and Woodrum on there. Wentz was the only one who made it that I would have put.

I like Gibbs' potential but would have made him put up an All-American type season before putting on this type list. Plus, I think the QB class is so much better this year that a lot of these guys would have benefited to be in a weak class like we had last year. The QB class is much better this season so there will be good ones snubbed by the Senior Bowl.

Villanova QB has concussion issues, I heard. He will probably be undrafted and end up in the MOH or Shrine.

BEAR
August 18th, 2015, 08:29 PM
When the demons have 2 players on the list and no Sammy, SELA, or UCA players are on it? Please.

Woodard, Hall, anyone else? Really? No? Hmmmmmm.

smallcollegefbfan
August 18th, 2015, 08:32 PM
When the demons have 2 players on the list and no Sammy, SELA, or UCA players are on it? Please.

There are really no seniors on those 3 teams outside of maybe Harlan Miller and Jonathan Woodard who would have been candidates. Neither are rated as high by NFL teams as the media has them.

As for NW State you have to understand two things. Eagan is a heck of player and deserves it. Rivers is on there because he is the brother of the Chargers QB. Rivers is a political selection. I don't see how he has any shot at making it unless he has a SLC POY type season.

HailSzczur
August 18th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Villanova QB has concussion issues, I heard. He will probably be undrafted and end up in the MOH or Shrine.

Concussion issues? He was medically cleared to play in the Quaterfinal but held himself out. That was over 8 months ago.......

smallcollegefbfan
August 18th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Concussion issues? He was medically cleared to play in the Quaterfinal but held himself out. That was over 8 months ago.......

All I know is that he has been red flagged for them. I don't know if its simply because it has happened and he will forever carry that or if something has popped up we don't know about. I would guess it is because he has had them before.

BEAR
August 19th, 2015, 09:50 AM
There are really no seniors on those 3 teams outside of maybe Harlan Miller and Jonathan Woodard who would have been candidates. Neither are rated as high by NFL teams as the media has them.

As for NW State you have to understand two things. Eagan is a heck of player and deserves it. Rivers is on there because he is the brother of the Chargers QB. Rivers is a political selection. I don't see how he has any shot at making it unless he has a SLC POY type season.

Eagen I agree with. Woodard being left off I don't. He had a pulled hammy and played in a "zone" defense with 3 guys on the line last year and still increased his numbers. This year he is playing with massive experience, he's bulked up, and most of all he's playing with his recently deceased best friends football number plastered with pride on the front of his jersey. He's #3 now not #90. Talk about motivation. Given the new defensive scheme Coach Campbell is instituting I see no doubt, if healthy, Woodard will blow past his previous numbers making him a lock for the Senior bowl. Just my opinion though.

Daytripper
August 19th, 2015, 10:01 AM

I think lack of SHSU players is a result of our relative youth. Our best players are still underclassmen.

smallcollegefbfan
August 19th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Eagen I agree with. Woodard being left off I don't. He had a pulled hammy and played in a "zone" defense with 3 guys on the line last year and still increased his numbers. This year he is playing with massive experience, he's bulked up, and most of all he's playing with his recently deceased best friends football number plastered with pride on the front of his jersey. He's #3 now not #90. Talk about motivation. Given the new defensive scheme Coach Campbell is instituting I see no doubt, if healthy, Woodard will blow past his previous numbers making him a lock for the Senior bowl. Just my opinion though.

I saw he changed his jersey number. Did not know why but if he is healthy and the injury was why he lacked explosion then I would expect him to have a big year. Like I said, I like his play more than most scouts do. I would have put him on the list but I would have been surprised if he would have made it because of where he truly stands with NFL teams right now. I have him as a 7th-PFA projection with a good chance to move into the late 4th-late 5th round on my board if he just looks a little faster. As of now, NFL teams have him as a 2nd tier priority free agent. I think his size and production alone are worthy of at least the 7th round but they aren't quite as high on him right now.

smallcollegefbfan
August 19th, 2015, 10:09 AM
I think lack of SHSU players is a result of our relative youth. Our best players are still underclassmen.

You have two legit seniors but yes I think you guys have some good ones coming down the line. Overstreet is really talented and could be worthy in 2017. I would not be shocked if Orr found his way on the list. He just needs to have a good start to the season.

superman7515
August 19th, 2015, 10:36 AM
No Jerel Harrison?

I would not put Jerel on a Senior Bowl Watch List. It would have surprised me had he made it. He's a solid player but more like a 4th tier game like the MOH Bowl.

It was a joke because you had him on your All America list and I said he wouldn't have the numbers; then he got arrested for assaulting a teammate, tossed off the team, and as of the most current information, is playing wide receiver for Bubba Mandingo at Howard R. Young Correctional Institution.

smallcollegefbfan
August 19th, 2015, 10:46 AM
It was a joke because you had him on your All America list and I said he wouldn't have the numbers; then he got arrested for assaulting a teammate, tossed off the team, and as of the most current information, is playing wide receiver for Bubba Mandingo at Howard R. Young Correctional Institution.

AH okay I did not know he got arrested and was tossed off the team recently. I have not talked to UD people in a while. I guess we can remove him from all-star game and NFL consideration!

Gangtackle11
August 19th, 2015, 02:32 PM
No Robertson or Cherry from Villanova? Please.........

smallcollegefbfan
August 19th, 2015, 02:42 PM
No Robertson or Cherry from Villanova? Please.........

A little surprised based on what scouts have said from the spring that Cherry is not on it. Not shocked about Robertson. I would expect Robertson to end up in Shrine, NFLPA, or MOH. I could see Cherry in the Senior Bowl but I think he more than likely ends up in the Shrine or NFLPA unless he really boosts his stock this year.