PDA

View Full Version : SIU Salukis Score Four Star JUCO Offensive Tackle DeVondre Seymour!

underdawg
August 14th, 2015, 08:35 PM
www.hudl.com/athlete/409955/devondre-seymour (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/409955/devondre-seymour)

We needed a left tackle and we certainly got one!

6-6 314

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 15th, 2015, 11:07 AM
www.hudl.com/athlete/409955/devondre-seymour (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/409955/devondre-seymour)

6-6 314

I always here that SIU takes in a lot of transfers so I looked at their roster and counted 22. Is that a lot or about average for SIU?

smallcollegefbfan
August 15th, 2015, 12:18 PM

6-6 314

He is talented. I remember when he came out of HS and was committed to UGA but went to Hinds. He had grade issues. He was a very good player. Here is the issue with this pickup for you guys. He quit on UGA just 17 days into arriving to the team. He apparently has grades issues so you know he isn't extremely smart or at least not book smart, and then he gave up on football. Here is an article about it.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-ol-devondre-seymour-gives-up-football/nmf98/

I have to wonder why this guy would give up on football in the SEC to return to FCS. Maybe he got there and it was too tough for him? Either way, just reading about him and knowing how talented he was, the way you got this guy is a red flag in terms of his mental side. There is no question about the talent but you have to question his head and his passion for the game quitting like he did.

I wish him well and hope you got a steal but I can tell you his background to date alone will make it tough for any NFL team to ever draft this guy. He will have to show that he is 100% dedicated to football and that he truly had a situation he could not control that derailed his SEC career and that it is completely behind him.

PantherRob82
August 15th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Sounds more like a Chris Lower era SIU basketball recruit.

smallcollegefbfan
August 15th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Sounds more like a Chris Lower era SIU basketball recruit.

If this guy's head is right he will be a steal but his path so far doesn't leave much for high expectations. Based on talent he should be the starter for game 1. We will see.

centennial
August 15th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Wow, this guy is a beast. Should start for SIU. Welcome to the MVFC meat grinder.

Libertine
August 15th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Interesting. As of June 18th, he had quit football altogether.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-ol-devondre-seymour-gives-up-football/nmf98/

smallcollegefbfan
August 15th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Interesting. As of June 18th, he had quit football altogether.

Anytime a player is committed to the SEC and ends up in FCS it shows you there are major problems with them. He might be 4-star caliber but if I were a head coach I would not take them. You can develop someone who is hungry and who maybe just has one thing about them that is lesser than a guy like this. Players with lesser talent who have heart will go much farther than players who show they have none.

underdawg
August 15th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Then I'm, glad you're not our coach

smallcollegefbfan
August 15th, 2015, 09:28 PM
Then I'm, glad you're not our coach

If you look at the programs who usually win the national title they take very few, if any, transfers. However regardless of that, you have to admit a player of this talent who was in the SEC and just walked away appears to have something going on off the field. 4-star talents with the grades to qualify who have SEC offers don't end up in FCS just for the heck of it. There are always reasons that fans never hear about. I heard some rumors on this guy but don't know for sure they are true. I hope he is fine now and has his heart in it.

Look at it this way, if he does have his head right then you have a heck of a player. However, if he doesn't it's not like most of your players who went to the NFL were 4-star FBS transfers. Malcolm Agnew is the only FBS transfer I know of who went to the NFL and he had to call it quits before he ever hit the field because of a spinal condition. Pruitt, Lindsey-Woods, and others were home grown players. Brandon Jacobs was one but you had other very talented players as well. My point is your best teams aren't built around these guys and guys like this who never strapped up for their team typically aren't the world beaters.

He could be a steal or prove to be a bust like it appeared when he left UGA. Hopefully you got a steal!

clenz
August 15th, 2015, 09:30 PM
If you look at the programs who usually win the national title they take very few, if any, transfers. However regardless of that, you have to admit a player of this talent who was in the SEC and just walked away appears to have something going on off the field. 4-star talents with the grades to qualify who have SEC offers don't end up in FCS just for the heck of it. There are always reasons that fans never hear about. I heard some rumors on this guy but don't know for sure they are true. I hope he is fine now and has his heart in it.

Look at it this way, if he does have his head right then you have a heck of a player. However, if he doesn't it's not like most of your players who went to the NFL were 4-star FBS transfers. Malcolm Agnew is the only FBS transfer I know of who went to the NFL and he had to call it quits before he ever hit the field because of a spinal condition. Pruitt, Lindsey-Woods, and others were home grown players. Brandon Jacobs was one but you had other very talented players as well. My point is your best teams aren't built around these guys and guys like this who never strapped up for their team typically aren't the world beaters.

He could be a steal or prove to be a bust like it appeared when he left UGA. Hopefully you got a steal!
You've been on this board long enough, you should know better than to question the 30 transfers SIU brings in every year

underdawg
August 16th, 2015, 11:25 AM
You've been on this board long enough, you should know better than to question the 30 transfers SIU brings in every year

How come your allowed to troll with impunity? Just asking

underdawg
August 16th, 2015, 11:49 AM

Really , you seem like a nice guy but you should do your homework before analyzing. When did I ever say that we were using whether the transfer goes to the NFL as a criteria for success? we just want to win games--fact is for the last 12 years we've had transfer backs (JUCO FBS) under Lennon AND Kill--in most of those transfers were great---Mo Abduqaadir, Brandon Robinson, Jacobs, Arkee Whitlock, Terry Jackson, John Randle, Larry Warner, Deji Karim and Jewel Hampton all were exceptional RBs--Karim also made several NFL rosters and so did Jewel Hampton--Whitlock played Canadian Ball for several years

Professor Chaos
August 16th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Because he hates everyone in the FCS after UNI and MVSU???? xsmiley_wix

clenz
August 16th, 2015, 01:06 PM
I enjoy that you think I'm trolling