PDA

View Full Version : Pick your winners...

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 26th, 2006, 01:32 PM
please choose 4 teams, and only one team from each game. In case you do not know, the first two are in the first game, the second two are in the second, and so on.

FlyYtown
November 26th, 2006, 01:45 PM
ysu-asu-unh-siu

chuges1
November 26th, 2006, 02:14 PM
MT State, Youngstown, Montana, and Mass

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2006, 02:20 PM
UNH- Umass is even at 10 so far.

Sam_Kats
November 26th, 2006, 02:34 PM
As long as the Griz play in their home shrine, no one will beat them!!: smh :

chuges1
November 26th, 2006, 02:42 PM
As long as the Griz play in their home shrine, no one will beat them!!: smh :

I conquer

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I conquer

concur* but i do hope that the griz conquer as well, and the bobcats too:hurray:

Mr. C
November 26th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Do we have some third-party candidates running in some of these races, or are some people voting for less than four teams?
:D xlolx :cool: :nod: :D

tralfangar
November 26th, 2006, 04:03 PM
I thought homefield didn't make a difference? Or that's what I was led to believe by dem Cats from Bozeman! Please help me because my head is a'spinning! I'm jus a lowly mountain boy from North Carolina...help me learn things and do good and stuff!

APPST '93
November 26th, 2006, 04:04 PM
ASU
ISU
UNH
MT

blackfordpu
November 26th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Very little love for So. Ill.

UMass922
November 26th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Do we have some third-party candidates running in some of these races, or are some people voting for less than four teams?
:D xlolx :cool: :nod: :D

Yeah, I noticed that too. The numbers aren't adding up.

Anyway, I simply voted for the teams I'll be rooting for: Appalachian, Youngstown, SIU, and of course UMass.

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Very little love for So. Ill.

very little love for either illinois team. but they are both playing in two very tough venues.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 26th, 2006, 06:11 PM
A lot of people seem to be real confident in YSU, also.

It's hard to beat a team twice in a season because of the mental factors.

redbirdtim
November 26th, 2006, 06:21 PM
I think the combined playoff records for Montana and YSU at home have to be like 30-2 or 3. I know YSU is 13-1 at home; I would guess Montana is probably like 17-1 or 16-2, somewhere around there. But, I think SIU and ISU have the talent to win the game, but they have to execute.

Gil Dobie
November 26th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I would expect UMass to be a bigger favorite over UNH. :eyebrow:

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 06:31 PM
I think the combined playoff records for Montana and YSU at home have to be like 30-2 or 3. I know YSU is 13-1 at home; I would guess Montana is probably like 17-1 or 16-2, somewhere around there. But, I think SIU and ISU have the talent to win the game, but they have to execute.

i think we are now 21-4 all time at home in the playoffs(someone correct me if im wrong)

Go...gate
November 26th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Went with the chalk....

chiapet9
November 26th, 2006, 08:33 PM
ysu-asu-unh-siu

weird - i picked those same 4.

GreatAppSt
November 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM
UNH Hmmm yeah i'll punch the ticket for them.:nod:

MTGrizzFan
November 27th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Montana for sure and hopefully the bobcats can pull it off. Two griz cat games in the same season would be awsome!

ASU Kep
November 27th, 2006, 05:24 PM
ASU
ISU
UNH
MT

ditto. :nod:

Peems
November 27th, 2006, 06:41 PM
i havent voted, but what are making people believe that UNH and ISU can pull up the "upsets?" just curious.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 27th, 2006, 08:21 PM
i havent voted, but what are making people believe that UNH and ISU can pull up the "upsets?" just curious.

Because both of those teams (especially UNH) are good. How can you not think UMASS-UNH is the game of the week?

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Because both of those teams (especially UNH) are good. How can you not think UMASS-UNH is the game of the week?
They are all good or they wouldn't still be playing.

Peems
November 27th, 2006, 08:40 PM

i would agree that UMass/UNH is definitely the game of the week, however what makes people think that UNH is going to pull the upset? the offense? while UNH has a great offense UMass has a great defense and is definitely a very well balanced team. also do people think the rematch factor is going to make a difference? as those stats in another thread point out the rematch factor isnt as big as we think.

GrizRchattybound
November 27th, 2006, 11:00 PM
ASU
ISU
UNH
MT

on the money- MSU is the sleeper pick that could rock this grouping.

GrizRchattybound
November 27th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Montana for sure and hopefully the bobcats can pull it off. Two griz cat games in the same season would be awsome!

:dizzy:

APPST '93
November 28th, 2006, 05:53 AM

I just think YSU comes out flat after the big win against JMU. I also think UNH's D gets a late turnover and you know the combo that scores with a minute left. Just my thoughts...:twocents:

Hope to see ASU/Griz in Chatty.:smiley_wi

Sam Adams
November 28th, 2006, 06:27 AM
MSU
YSU
SIU
UMASS

fencer24
November 28th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Boy this is fun, and totally pointless. I suppose those who pick correctly will be able to start selling their services to Las Vegas baby.
Sorry, I just haven't seen any real justification for any of the picks. Of course at this level, maybe just printing each teams name on a popsickle stick and their opponent on the other side, then tossing them to determine who the winner is would be about the same.

With that in mind:

ASU -MSU, I have to go with ASU. My heart would love to see the Cats stay in it, but injuries are taking too great of a toll on them. May be the best argument to move Griz-Cat earlier in order to have time to heal.

UNH-Umass, UNH has the potential to be so damned explosive, combined with a revenge factor for the regular season could tip it in their favor. That, and wasn't their previous matchup in the midst of the UNH slide from 1st to wherever? If Santos and Ball hookup, could be over for UMass, and a return to WA-Griz for Santos and company.

Don't know enough about ISU, but watching Youngstown play, I am pretty impressed. Still, don't know enough to make an intelligent pick.

UM-SIU, How can I go against the Griz at WA-Griz? In the last few years, the Griz have just managed to limp into the playoffs. This year is different. They have a lot of depth, to the point that there is no letdown after an injury. SIU does have the intangible of extracting revenge on the BSC for their loss in the 1st round to EWU several years ago. But I just don't see it happening, unless the Griz implode.