PDA

View Full Version : UNH @ San Jose Any update to watch the game?

UNHFan
August 11th, 2015, 10:37 AM
So are we saying that San Jose State doesn't even have an internet feed? I get it that they don't need it since all of their other games are on TV. It has Game Tracker at least.

UNHFan
August 11th, 2015, 10:40 AM
OH I did find this so its a dead deal!
San Jose State’s season opener Sept. 3 against New Hampshire will not be televised or have any live streaming options, the school confirmed Tuesday.
The game against one of the top FCS programs in the country was not picked up by any of the Mountain West’s TV providers and the school could not find any local stations interested in producing a broadcast.
San Jose State approached Comcast SportsNet and KOFY to see if either network was interested and also contacted New Hampshire to see if it had any interest in broadcasting the game, with the requirement that it make the broadcast available locally.
The school approached the networks with the understanding that the networks would handle all costs related to the broadcast, roughly $25,000. The networks would’ve retained the rights to sell advertising.
Advertisement

There has been some type of television or streaming option for every San Jose State game since it entered the Mountain West in 2013. That first year, the Spartans’ opener against Sacramento State wasn’t televised, but the in-house feed was broadcast over the internet in synch with SJSU’s radio call.
That won’t happen for this game. With Campus Insiders broadcasting seven Mountain West games, including San Jose State’s Oct. 10 game at UNLV and Nov. 14 game at Nevada, the conference’s preference is to limit the online streams to professionally produced broadcasts in order to avoid confusion in the quality.
The conference will offer online streams for games on Root Sports in areas the network isn’t available, such as the Bay Area, and also has typically offered streams for the Hawaii games on Oceanic. But games such as SJSU-New Hampshire, where no formal broadcast will be produced, will not have an on-site produced lower quality stream.
So if you can’t make it out to Spartan Stadium on Sept. 3, listening in on the radio is your only option. That, and following along on Twitter I suppose.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 11th, 2015, 10:44 AM
San Jose State’s season opener Sept. 3 against New Hampshire will not be televised or have any live streaming options, the school confirmed Tuesday.
The game against one of the top FCS programs in the country was not picked up by any of the Mountain West’s TV providers and the school could not find any local stations interested in producing a broadcast.
San Jose State approached Comcast SportsNet and KOFY to see if either network was interested and also contacted New Hampshire to see if it had any interest in broadcasting the game, with the requirement that it make the broadcast available locally.
The school approached the networks with the understanding that the networks would handle all costs related to the broadcast, roughly $25,000. The networks would’ve retained the rights to sell advertising.
Advertisement

There has been some type of television or streaming option for every San Jose State game since it entered the Mountain West in 2013. That first year, the Spartans’ opener against Sacramento State wasn’t televised, but the in-house feed was broadcast over the internet in synch with SJSU’s radio call.
That won’t happen for this game. With Campus Insiders broadcasting seven Mountain West games, including San Jose State’s Oct. 10 game at UNLV and Nov. 14 game at Nevada, the conference’s preference is to limit the online streams to professionally produced broadcasts in order to avoid confusion in the quality.
The conference will offer online streams for games on Root Sports in areas the network isn’t available, such as the Bay Area, and also has typically offered streams for the Hawaii games on Oceanic. But games such as SJSU-New Hampshire, where no formal broadcast will be produced, will not have an on-site produced lower quality stream.
So if you can’t make it out to Spartan Stadium on Sept. 3, listening in on the radio is your only option. That, and following along on Twitter I suppose.

FBS, ladies and gentlemen!

RootinFerDukes
August 11th, 2015, 11:31 AM
I'm sorry, but even JMU has every home game available for free internet streaming, if not televised regionally or nationally.
Granted our streaming service sucks and can't support the approximately 2k viewers that try to watch it simultaneously, but it's available.
If you're fbs, there is no excuse to not have at least streaming. Absolutely pathetic.

ccd494
August 11th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Says more about FCS than FBS in my opinion. No one nationally cares about FCS.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 11th, 2015, 11:34 AM

I think they're more thinking when UNH hands their ass to them, if it wasn't streamed it didn't actually happen.

eiu1999
August 11th, 2015, 11:37 AM
I think they're more thinking when UNH hands their ass to them, if it wasn't streamed it didn't actually happen.

So true.

Mattymc727
August 11th, 2015, 11:45 AM
If its not on tv, did it even happen?

Maybe thats what SJSU is planning.

eiu1999
August 11th, 2015, 11:45 AM
If its not on tv, did it even happen?

Maybe thats what SJSU is planning.

Hope UNH pulls if off.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 11th, 2015, 11:55 AM
"Rumor has it that a game happened last Saturday against New Hampshire and San Jose State, but Spartan officials are denying it, pointing to "BYE' on their schedule despite the fact that some uniforms were seen with grass and dirt marks heading to the laundry facilities."

Catsfan90
August 11th, 2015, 12:05 PM
I just can't believe how pathetic it is that an FBS program would even consider asking the visiting school to broadcast a home game for them. I've never heard of that before.

ccd494
August 11th, 2015, 12:21 PM
It's exhibit A why some FBS schools and conferences don't want to play FCS schools anymore. FCS is that inferior in the eyes of the general public. SJSU can get a broadcaster for home games for every other team they play. There is zero interest in New Hampshire.

Is UNH possibly better than SJSU? Sure. But that doesn't mean that SJSU's fans have any interest in the game. SJSU offered broadcast rights to everyone and anyone and they all looked at it and said "New Hampshire? No thanks."

Mattymc727
August 11th, 2015, 12:28 PM
It's exhibit A why some FBS schools and conferences don't want to play FCS schools anymore. FCS is that inferior in the eyes of the general public. SJSU can get a broadcaster for home games for every other team they play. There is zero interest in New Hampshire.

Is UNH possibly better than SJSU? Sure. But that doesn't mean that SJSU's fans have any interest in the game. SJSU offered broadcast rights to everyone and anyone and they all looked at it and said "New Hampshire? No thanks."

Then why should SJSU schedule us in the first place? They payed us to come there.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 11th, 2015, 12:46 PM

Funny how every other FBS school can find enough interest/pocket change to televise and/or stream all their home games. Furthermore, they're also allowing themselves to be eclipsed by (in no particular order) the NEC, the Big Sky, and the Ivy League, all of whom have their games streamed.

You also fail to grasp that this screws over their own so-called fans even more so than the fans of New Hampshire. Spartan fans now can't even watch the home team play on TV in their own area.

centennial
August 11th, 2015, 01:54 PM
Are we actually just talking about $25k? This is ridiculous. SJSU should just produce it. They have the money. Expecting the visiting team pay for it makes no sense.

Catatonic
August 11th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Advertisement

I am not sure why but the Abilene Christian game at Fresno State on the same night was picked up by the Mountain West Network. UNH is a 3 to 6.5 point underdog by various betting services and ACU is a 7 to 9.5 underdog. http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/odds

- - - Updated - - -

Advertisement

I am not sure why but the Abilene Christian game at Fresno State on the same night was picked up by the Mountain West Network. UNH is a 3 to 6.5 point underdog by various betting services and ACU is a 7 to 9.5 underdog. http://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/odds

F'N Hawks
August 11th, 2015, 02:16 PM
As I posted before, Wyoming has put out a press release that says the UND game on Sept 5th will NOT have TV or Web Stream. Nothing. What a clown show.

Last year the SJSU vs. UND game was on ESPN3 and Pat Hill was the color guy. They did a nice job, don't know why things are so vastly different this year.

F'N Hawks
August 11th, 2015, 02:17 PM

Before they pulled the lines for whatever reason, I believe ACU was +21 at 5dimes.

BisonFan02
August 11th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Yup....need those FBS matchups for visibility....meanwhile, NDSU @ Montana will be on the mothership. :D

Catatonic
August 11th, 2015, 02:31 PM
Before they pulled the lines for whatever reason, I believe ACU was +21 at 5dimes.

I should have taken ACU and the points from 5 dimes. The best anyone of the dozen or so sources listed on oddsshark is 9.5 points. My hunch when 5dimes reposts odds, the line will be a little closer.

dgtw
August 11th, 2015, 03:14 PM
I remember when if you wanted to see a game, you got off your ass and went to the stadium to see it in person. No internet feed? Get off my lawn.

x406x

UNH72Plus
August 11th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Glad I ponied up the money to travel to the left coast to see the game in person!

RootinFerDukes
August 11th, 2015, 06:51 PM
Yup....need those FBS matchups for visibility....meanwhile, NDSU @ Montana will be on the mothership. :D

What are the odds that they just talk about Ohio state and the upcoming fbs playoffs all game long? It's not like there's a game going on right in front of you or anything.

Catsfan90
August 12th, 2015, 04:10 AM
What are the odds that they just talk about Ohio state and the upcoming fbs playoffs all game long? It's not like there's a game going on right in front of you or anything.
Word is Brent Musberger is on the call. He is a legend, so I think he will do a much better job of calling the game and what's actually happening.

Sitting Bull
August 12th, 2015, 06:42 AM

Don't kid yourself, it's a SJS problem.

Any real FBS program, you know those that actually have a following, would be broadcasting or streaming every and any game.

It's not the fault of UNH that SJS has no fan base.

Catatonic
August 12th, 2015, 07:41 AM
Don't kid yourself, it's a SJS problem.

Any real FBS program, you know those that actually have a following, would be broadcasting or streaming every and any game.

It's not the fault of UNH that SJS has no fan base.

The NCAA attendance minimum for FBS teams is 15,000. SJS pulled in 15,068 per game. Apparently not many fans know their way to San Jose.

Catsfan90
August 12th, 2015, 07:49 AM
The NCAA attendance minimum for FBS teams is 15,000. SJS pulled in 15,068 per game. Apparently not many fans know their way to San Jose.

I wonder how many of those are butts in the seats.

AmsterBison
August 12th, 2015, 08:02 AM
In the 6th-largest TV market in the US.
Can't get their home opener on TV.

There's gotta be a meme for that.

RootinFerDukes
August 12th, 2015, 08:38 AM

That attendance minimum rule is a joke. Why have it when it is never enforced? Half the schools in the 15-20k range are probably inflating their numbers too and the butts in seats is well below 15k.
If they actually enforced the rule, the entire Mac, 2/3 of the sun belt and half of cusa wouldn't even be able to be fbs programs.
The sun belt might add Eku or ccu. I believe neither are close to 15k on paper.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 12th, 2015, 09:14 AM
Word is Brent Musberger is on the call. He is a legend, so I think he will do a much better job of calling the game and what's actually happening.

http://www.businessinsider.com/video-brent-mushberger-gushes-over-aj-mccarrons-girlfriend-aka-miss-alabama-2013-1