PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Round TV Games

mcveyrl
November 26th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Any idea who's going to be on TV this weekend?

ISUMatt
November 26th, 2006, 07:47 AM
everyone

mcveyrl
November 26th, 2006, 07:52 AM
everyone

Where? I only saw one game listed on ESPN2 at 4.

Ronbo
November 26th, 2006, 08:09 AM
I think one game on ESPN2 and the others on gameplan.

Cincy App
November 26th, 2006, 08:16 AM
The proposed 2nd round playoff schedule called for the following:

4 PM game on ESPN2

2:30 PM game on GamePlan

6:00 PM game on GamePlan

9:30 PM game on GamePlan

I wonder who gets stuck with the 9:30 PM game. There are no logical candidates.

mcveyrl
November 26th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Thanks.

Stinks that three games are on gameplan when 2 games were on "non-PPV" this weekend. You'd think ESPNU would get at least one game, too.

Saint3333
November 26th, 2006, 08:27 AM

4 PM game on ESPN2

I predict that Montana gets the ESPN2 game, ASU plays at 2:30, UMass at 6:00, and YSU @ 9:30. I don't think they'd make an east coast team play at 9:30 so it's either YSU or Montana for the late game.

Mr. C
November 26th, 2006, 08:30 AM

4 PM game on ESPN2

My hunch would be Appalachian State-Montana State at 4 p.m. (they showed the No. 1 seed in the first two rounds last year). UMass-UNH is almost certainly the 2:30 p.m. game because UMass doesn't have lights and 6 p.m. would fit well for the YSU-ISU game. They have brought in lights once before at Montana, so the 9:30 p.m. game could be Montana-Southern Illinois. That would also fit the time zones better for those of us who have to worry about newspaper deadlines.

Mr. C
November 26th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I predict that Montana gets the ESPN2 game, ASU plays at 2:30, UMass at 6:00, and YSU @ 9:30. I don't think they'd make an east coast team play at 9:30 so it's either YSU or Montana for the late game.
Youngstown State is actually further east that Appalachian State. And UMass doesn't have lights.

Ronbo
November 26th, 2006, 08:33 AM
GamePlan is just a pickup of the KPAX broadcast so I doubt we get a night game. Montana or KPAX will not put up lights. My guess is the 2:30 game is Montana which is 12:30 our time.

Saint3333
November 26th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Youngstown State is actually further east that Appalachian State. And UMass doesn't have lights.

Guess I need a geography lesson...xlolx

ravens
November 26th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Guess I need a geography lesson...xlolx

Yes. Mr. C stumps the audience with the brain teaser of the day.:)
Hard to believe that so much of North Carolina is west of parts of Ohio ( the midwest? )....lol.

FlyYtown
November 26th, 2006, 10:00 AM
YSU AT 9.30... WHAT HE HELL ARE YOU SMOKING!

UNHFan99
November 26th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Im pretty sure ESPN provides the lights for the game they are televising.

Old Cage
November 26th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Even a 2:30 game will need lights at UMass unless we circle the SUV's. It was dark at 4:20 yesterday.

We have moved our hoops game against BC from afternoon to 7:30 so I assume we will play ay 2:30 with temp lights. We have had the lights before and they are fine.

DinoDex200
November 26th, 2006, 10:55 AM
My hunch would be Appalachian State-Montana State at 4 p.m. (they showed the No. 1 seed in the first two rounds last year). UMass-UNH is almost certainly the 2:30 p.m. game because UMass doesn't have lights and 6 p.m. would fit well for the YSU-ISU game. They have brought in lights once before at Montana, so the 9:30 p.m. game could be Montana-Southern Illinois. That would also fit the time zones better for those of us who have to worry about newspaper deadlines.

I hope this is the case...I think the #1 seed deserves at least one of the "headline" games. Understandable that they placed the best 1st round matchup on the Deuce, of course.

However, the only thing that has been established thus far is that the only two remaining stadia with lights are YSU and ASU. So, it's quite possible one of those gets the 9:30 slot. Especially since YSU already played a night game...

Old Cage
November 26th, 2006, 02:09 PM
UMass announces that UMass/UNH is at 2:30.

ISUMatt
November 26th, 2006, 02:12 PM
ISU/YSU 6pm EST

MTGrizzFan
November 26th, 2006, 02:26 PM
anyone know what time the UofM/SIU game will be played?

Cincy App
November 26th, 2006, 02:50 PM
ASU - Montana State will be on ESPN2 at 4 PM!! Reported on GoASU.com!

Good predictions by Mr. C!

Appstate29
November 26th, 2006, 02:50 PM
GoASU.com has ASU-MSU at 4:00 so I'm guessing that if everyone else is right that means that UM plays at 930. I'm stoked about ASU getting the national television exposure, but 4:00 SUCKS! for purely selfish reasons I wanted the Apps to play at 930

ericappstate
November 26th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I'm gonna throw it out there and guess that Montana vs. SIU is going to be at 9:30pm on GamePlan.

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 03:08 PM
does anyone else think its absurd that we would have the 9:30 game? i mean, i understand if we get it but im saying its absurd that we have it. that means the game starts about 7:30 our time and they bring in lights? the only time they brought in lights was for our national exposure on ESPN 2 against UNH. plus imagine if the game starts at 730 that makes for some cold Montana weather at 10:00 at night and beyond. if we play that late im upset.

Guard Dawg
November 26th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Would they really start a game at 7:30pm in Montana in the freezing cold?
Nice weather would be in the middle of the day...

VictorG
November 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Would they really start a game at 7:30pm in Montana in the freezing cold?
Nice weather would be in the middle of the day...

I would not be happy with that time either. Way to hard to not "tailgate" all day! (I have to drive!)

However, I think it would be (another) good sanity check for UM to see how many people would actually come for a late night game. Seems stadium expansion and lights are aways a hot topic.

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 03:20 PM
I would not be happy with that time either. Way to hard to not "tailgate" all day! (I have to drive!)

However, I think it would be (another) good sanity check for UM to see how many people would actually come for a late night game. Seems stadium expansion and lights are aways a hot topic.

our first night game we had a good crowd, but we will never get lights for a regular basis. no one in their right mind would want to watch a griz game at 7 it would take away everything that makes gameday great.

Guard Dawg
November 26th, 2006, 03:24 PM
What's the hold up with UM announcing the time... all the other host sites have it set???????

ISUMatt
November 26th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Dress Warm!

VictorG
November 26th, 2006, 03:28 PM
no one in their right mind would want to watch a griz game at 7 it would take away everything that makes gameday great.

I tend to agree with you. However, $$ will also play into the equation at some point and the U will do what ever brings in the most revenue. The good thing is that even if we do get lights, it doesn't mean that we'd have all night games. I'm sure night games would make a harder travel schedule for opposing teams as well.

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 03:32 PM
even with a possible night game this week, there will be people showing up. Griz faithful dont disappoint!:nod:

VictorG
November 26th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Just checked the Basket Ball schedule and the Lady Griz Basket Ball team has a 7pm home game scheduled for 12/2. That may cause a problem!!!!:nod: :nod:

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 03:39 PM
in all honesty who is going to go see the lady griz over the football team?

Davenport Griz
November 26th, 2006, 03:40 PM
The schedule at Montanagrizzlies.com says 12:30 MST.

ISUMatt
November 26th, 2006, 03:43 PM
The schedule at Montanagrizzlies.com says 12:30 MST.

Unfortunately the NCAA has no game scheduled for 12:30 MST

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 03:44 PM

yes they do they have one scheduled for 230 eastern which equals 1230 MST

Mr. C
November 26th, 2006, 03:45 PM
does anyone else think its absurd that we would have the 9:30 game? i mean, i understand if we get it but im saying its absurd that we have it. that means the game starts about 7:30 our time and they bring in lights? the only time they brought in lights was for our national exposure on ESPN 2 against UNH. plus imagine if the game starts at 730 that makes for some cold Montana weather at 10:00 at night and beyond. if we play that late im upset.
It makes more sense than starting an App State-Montana State or YSU-ISU game at 9:30 p.m. It would be 1 a.m. before those games would be done in the eastern time zone.

GRZZ
November 26th, 2006, 03:45 PM

I don't see why they would post it otherwise. ESPN is not going to pay $$$ for lights for a game they aren't covering live.

Davenport Griz
November 26th, 2006, 03:46 PM
That's 2:30 EST.

ISUMatt
November 26th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I love this shot...

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9895/grizzj5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mr. C
November 26th, 2006, 03:47 PM
It makes those of us who write for a living breath easier to have a 4 p.m. start time. That's just 30 minutes later than the normal start time at ASU this season. Whew, I can actually make my deadlines.

Mr. C
November 26th, 2006, 03:49 PM
yes they do they have one scheduled for 230 eastern which equals 1230 MST
UMass-New Hampshire has announced in that time slot.

ISUMatt
November 26th, 2006, 03:50 PM
http://umassathletics.cstv.com/

UMass Rolls Over Lafayette 35-14; UMass To Face UNH At 2:30 p.m. On Saturday

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 03:51 PM
It makes more sense than starting an App State-Montana State or YSU-ISU game at 9:30 p.m. It would be 1 a.m. before those games would be done in the eastern time zone.

understandable I just dont like the idea of sitting in the montana weather at 10 at night. if i had my druthers we would play at 1230 and not be nationally televised, how many people are going to watch these games that are on gameplan.

p.s. does anyone know how many people watched YSU JMU? i personally flipped between that and USC ND but YSU JMU was a much more entertaining game.

ISUMatt
November 26th, 2006, 03:53 PM
I watched JMU/YSU on my larger TV with sound, ND/USC was on the smaller TV with no sound

elkmcc
The Griz web site is currently showing a 12:30 kickoff time with KPAX doing the broadcast. My only guess would be that the Gameplan slot will be a tape delayed broadcast. No way Montana has a kickoff time of 7 pm. Just MO. Personally I wouldn't mind it as I would watch the other games all day in anticipation for the Griz game.

MTGrizzFan
says 12:30 on montanagrizlies.com

http://wpe1.montanagrizzlies.com/fmi/xsl/mt_griz/db/results/xsl/results.xsl?-db=mtgriz_content&-lay=content_results_web&id_team=100&event_schedule_year=2006&switch=YES&-sortfield.1=event_date_start&-sortfield.2=event_time_start&-sortorder.1=ascend&-sortorder.2=ascend&-max=all&-find

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 03:55 PM
UMass-New Hampshire has announced in that time slot.

http://wpe1.montanagrizzlies.com/fmi/xsl/mt_griz/db/results/xsl/results.xsl?-db=mtgriz_content&-lay=content_results_web&id_team=100&event_schedule_year=2006&switch=YES&-sortfield.1=event_date_start&-sortfield.2=event_time_start&-sortorder.1=ascend&-sortorder.2=ascend&-max=all&-find

ZING(though it does say on the home page of the website TBA)

Ronbo
November 26th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Tell you what gentlemen. Montana will say FU to ESPN. KPAX TV will not pay for lights. We could give a screw about being on gameplan. Who watches it anyway? Only thing I can think of is it will be tape delayed.

UMass922
p.s. does anyone know how many people watched YSU JMU? i personally flipped between that and USC ND but YSU JMU was a much more entertaining game.

I confess that I flipped back and forth between the games, too. I agree that that JMU-YSU was the more entertaining one.

Peems
Tell you what gentlemen. Montana will say FU to ESPN. KPAX TV will not pay for lights.

i hope so. no one is going to watch our game anyway. Plus if you want to watch it i bet bigskytv.org will be doing both games again.

Black and Gold Express
November 26th, 2006, 04:03 PM
It seems obvious to me the 2130 ET game will be tape delayed, that's the only thing that makes sense. ESPNU shows same-day tape-delayed games all the time as well.

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 04:09 PM
It seems obvious to me the 2130 ET game will be tape delayed, that's the only thing that makes sense. ESPNU shows same-day tape-delayed games all the time as well.

who knows? all i want is a sunny afternoon game.

VictorG
November 26th, 2006, 04:24 PM
in all honesty who is going to go see the lady griz over the football team?

Hopefully the 12:30 time is correct and there won't be a problem. However, in 2004 there was a conflict with the Lady Griz and it was a problem so someone must have cared!

Mr. C
November 26th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Tell you what gentlemen. Montana will say FU to ESPN. KPAX TV will not pay for lights. We could give a screw about being on gameplan. Who watches it anyway? Only thing I can think of is it will be tape delayed.
With the NCAA's television contract with ESPN, ESPN controls the game times of ALL of the quarterfinal games. Montana will have NO say in what time they play. I guess they could always say they don't want the home game and let Southern Illinois have it instead.

hapapp
November 26th, 2006, 04:30 PM
My guess is tape delay.

GRZZ
November 26th, 2006, 04:34 PM
With the NCAA's television contract with ESPN, ESPN controls the game times of ALL of the quarterfinal games. Montana will have NO say in what time they play. I guess they could always say they don't want the home game and let Southern Illinois have it instead.

Then what do you say to the website stating the start time? Maybe the other school in that time slot stated it wrong? ESPN has the say, but they are a business and they are not stupid. They aren't going to pay for lights for a game that is only on their gameplan pay per view where they are picking up the local feed. If they were bringing their own personalities, I agree with you that it would be played at 2AM if that is what they wanted, but no live TV means no night game at Montana IMO.

Ronbo
November 26th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Then what do you say to the website stating the start time? Maybe the other school in that time slot stated it wrong? ESPN has the say, but they are a business and they are not stupid. They aren't going to pay for lights for a game that is only on their gameplan pay per view where they are picking up the local feed. If they were bringing their own personalities, I agree with you that it would be played at 2AM if that is what they wanted, but no live TV means no night game at Montana IMO.

Period! Give it a rest C.

Mr. C
November 26th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Period! Give it a rest C.
Give what a rest? Is someone trying to pick some sort of fight where none exists? I just was telling you that the NCAA and ESPN set the game times, not Montana. Montana plays when it is told to play. What is your problem, buddy?

twentythreeOh4
November 26th, 2006, 06:08 PM

Montana may have NO say, but given the available window of daylight Mother Nature sure will have a say. I seriously DOUBT that NCAA and ESPN would force any I-AA/FCS school to pay for temp lighting to be installed since that would cost about $60K. Unless the game is being broadcast on ESPN2 they are not going to open their wallet for such a frivolous expense. ESPN is in the business of MAKING money.

redbirdtim
November 26th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Maybe it will be a glow in the dark game. Could also be a bring your own flashlight promotion xlolx

nevadagriz
November 26th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Don't be such a idiot ronbo! Some of us out of staters will pay for gameplan to see the Griz!!! I don't care for bigscam tv and would like to sit in front of my TV to watch! Matter of fact the 6pm time slot works the best for me!

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Don't be such a idiot ronbo! Some of us out of staters will pay for gameplan to see the Griz!!! I don't care for bigscam tv and would like to sit in front of my TV to watch! Matter of fact the 6pm time slot works the best for me!

bigskytv is doing the playoffs free so its not scamming you. so freel free to watch away

nevadagriz
November 26th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Sorry peems no highspeed in the high desert too far from town! I would pay $100 for game plan just put the griz on TV damnit!

ISUMatt
November 26th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Sorry peems no highspeed in the high desert too far from town! I would pay $100 for game plan just put the griz on TV damnit!

Ill sell you my Gameplan for $100, thats $1 more than a full season of Gameplan costs!!

November 26th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Ill sell you my Gameplan for $100, thats $1 more than a full season of Gameplan costs!!Party at Matt's house Saturday! :hurray:

Mr. C
November 26th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Party at Matt's house Saturday! :hurray:
Is there a cover charge to help him pay for his Game Plan?

:D :rotateh: :) xlolx :nod: :rolleyes: :p :o ;) :rolleyes: :D