PDA

View Full Version : NDSU suspends punter.

IBleedYellow
August 7th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Well damn. Stupid guy...what was he thinking?

http://www.inforum.com/news/3813311-death-fargo-man-we-fest-being-investigated

Edit. Here's the correct link. http://www.inforum.com/sports/3813252-bison-suspend-freshman-punter-indefinitely-after-early-morning-arrest

IBleedYellow
August 7th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Well that's not the right link...

http://www.inforum.com/sports/3813252-bison-suspend-freshman-punter-indefinitely-after-early-morning-arrest

NoDak 4 Ever
August 7th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Whew, I hadn't seen Bisonville and I was wondering if Ben LeCompte killed someone!

dewey
August 7th, 2015, 08:08 PM
He will obviously not be punting in any close game since NDSU still has Ben LeCompte but it does make you wonder what the punishment will be.

It should be something but it is hard to suspend a player when he won't play.

Extra workouts, community service...???

Dewey

BisonFan02
August 7th, 2015, 08:12 PM
He will obviously not be punting in any close game since NDSU still has Ben LeCompte but it does make you wonder what the punishment will be.

It should be something but it is hard to suspend a player when he won't play.

Extra workouts, community service...???

Dewey

I have no idea....suspend for an extended amount of time and let the law handle the community service/charges. If the guy is a creep/repeat offender...cut him loose.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2015, 11:33 PM
I have no idea....suspend for an extended amount of time and let the law handle the community service/charges. If the guy is a creep/repeat offender...cut him loose.

Righto old chap. Young, drunk, and dumb things like this happen. He probably wises up a bit cuz this **** would be truly embarrassing I'd think. Ain't no doubt the coach know what he's doing there so I imagine he will have a healthy handle on it.

Now if I could just some cliche master come in and tell us some really intriguing information like "playing football is a privilege, not a right" I'd like that cuz it let's me know how superior I am. I do enjoy the feble mindedness so much.xcoolx

344Johnson
August 8th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Righto old chap. Young, drunk, and dumb things like this happen. He probably wises up a bit cuz this **** would be truly embarrassing I'd think. Ain't no doubt the coach know what he's doing there so I imagine he will have a healthy handle on it.

Now if I could just some cliche master come in and tell us some really intriguing information like "playing football is a privilege, not a right" I'd like that cuz it let's me know how superior I am. I do enjoy the feble mindedness so much.xcoolx

Football is a privilege, not a right. Get him off the team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 8th, 2015, 10:54 AM

He deserves a 2nd chance like anyone else.

Houndawg
August 8th, 2015, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure I've ever seen NDSU punt in the past three or four seasons.

344Johnson
August 8th, 2015, 12:05 PM

I believe the only reason they've had one is an affirmative action case of some sort.

344Johnson
August 8th, 2015, 12:06 PM
He deserves a 2nd chance like anyone else.

What if that was your car, you had valuables in it, and it was a UND player?

JayJ79
August 8th, 2015, 12:10 PM

NDSU punted 10 times in their game at UNI last season, but didn't punt more than 5 times in any of their other 15 games. (3.75 punts/game avg)

In the 2013 season, the Bison punted 7 times in their games against UNI and at SDSU, and 5 times at SIU, but no more than 4 times in any of their other 12 games. (3.5 punts/game avg)

Thundar
August 8th, 2015, 12:37 PM

10 Hail Marys, and 2 rosaries??

344Johnson
August 8th, 2015, 12:52 PM
10 Hail Marys, and 2 rosaries??

Now we're talking ;) but he has to mean it right?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2015, 01:50 PM

Sure it is tiger. You are such a worldly philosopher I completely trust your view on matters.

"Oh it's a privilge not a right!" xlolx

Whaterver.

PAllen
August 8th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Ursus, are you drunk?

And how the f@#$ did you set it up so that it automatically changes your name to Jesus?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Ursus, are you drunk?

And how the f@#$ did you set it up so that it automatically changes your name to Jesus?

No, not yet.

I didn't do that. It's just how you see me. I understand it though.:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 8th, 2015, 04:55 PM

Of course I wouldn't like it but let the system dole out its punishment. We all have done stupid **** in our lives, I broke out a neighbor's window with a rock when I was a kid. So I bet in your mind I should have been punished for life for that.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 8th, 2015, 04:56 PM
Of course I wouldn't like it but let the system dole out its punishment. We all have done stupid **** in our lives, I broke out a neighbor's window with a rock when I was a kid. So I bet in your mind I should have been punished for life for that.....

344johnson:

Plus, why do you even care. You said it yourself on the Hitler Youth Board that you are not a Bison fan......(in the Wyoming game thread).

clenz
August 8th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I don't know why people keep saying things like "everyone does stupid ****" when it isn't the case.

Go to the Iowa courts online database and run a search on me. Remember all it takes is one person to disprove everyone.

I know the instant comeback is "you just didn't get caught". Also not true.

Breaking a window, on accident, is significantly different than assault, fighting, selling pot, etc...

Weren't you on the side if harsh punishment for Coporich, even though the system dolled out it's punishment?

Is this different because it's a Bison?

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 8th, 2015, 07:06 PM
I don't know why people keep saying things like "everyone does stupid ****" when it isn't the case.

Go to the Iowa courts online database and run a search on me. Remember all it takes is one person to disprove everyone.

I know the instant comeback is "you just didn't get caught". Also not true.

Breaking a window, on accident, is significantly different than assault, fighting, selling pot, etc...

Weren't you on the side if harsh punishment for Coporich, even though the system dolled out it's punishment?

Is this different because it's a Bison?

Short memory I see on you.

Yep, I thought Coprich should have been suspended a game but I also said he deserves a 2nd chance. You must like to cherry pick certain parts of what I said to try and make a point.

I agree with Klieman when he suspended him but he deserves a 2nd chance just like Coprich does.

Good enough answer for you?

or will you cherry pick again because you are a Panther fan?

xrolleyesx

FargoBison
August 8th, 2015, 07:07 PM
There are things you get second chances after doing and things where you just get kicked in the ass out the door. For now I would suspend him indefinitely and then let things play out in court.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 8th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Good one for you clenz:

Go check out post #63 in the Coprich thread. I said he deserves a 2nd chance.

And oh ya, people do stupid crap in their lives and make mistakes. I have done plenty.

You perfect? Must be.....xrolleyesx

Hammersmith
August 8th, 2015, 08:13 PM
But this was his second chance. He's only three months off an MIP. Now he's got a felony charge to go along with his previous misdemeanor.

Bisonator
August 8th, 2015, 08:29 PM
But this was his second chance. He's only three months off an MIP. Now he's got a felony charge to go along with his previous misdemeanor.

Yeah I don't see him getting back on the team. We'll see what happens in court first. If he pleads down to a lesser offense he might get a third strike, might not too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 8th, 2015, 08:43 PM

I didn't know this. Thanks for posting this.

I agree with Bisonator, might not be back on the team.

344Johnson
August 9th, 2015, 10:54 AM

Having football taken from you is not punishment for life. Dumb stuff happens, I agree. I won't advocate for removing a player for getting a minor. I might even let pot slide once. College is supposed to be fun and people get caught.

344johnson:

Plus, why do you even care. You said it yourself on the Hitler Youth Board that you are not a Bison fan......(in the Wyoming game thread).

I live in the area and have a degree from the University and follow sports. When players do dumb stuff, it reflects poorly on the University.

NDSUSR
August 9th, 2015, 12:38 PM
Boot him. He violated his terms.

Disposition (Judicial Officer: Dawson, Stephen)
1. Mip/Mca/Mui/Minor Purch AlcPled Guilty

05/12/2015

Order Deferring Imposition of Sentence (Judicial Officer: Dawson, Stephen)
1. Mip/Mca/Mui/Minor Purch Alc
05/10/2015 (MB) 100101 (100101)

Condition - Adult:

1. 1 Required Condition, 11 05/12/2015 - 04/12/2016, , Closed 05/12/2015
2. Community Service Work, Restore 16 hrs direct 05/12/2015 - 06/12/2015, , Satisfied 06/16/2015
3. Deferred Imposition of Sentence, 05/12/2015 - 04/12/2016, Active 05/12/2015
4. Minor In Possession Seminar, Pathways Recovery Centers INC Koby Pennick . 05/12/2015 - 05/31/2015, , Satisfied 05/31/2015

Fee Totals:

Costs
$350.00

Fee Totals $
$350.00

Plea (Judicial Officer: Racek, Frank L)
1. Criminal TrespassNot Guilty

OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS

08/06/2015

Information Doc ID# 1

08/06/2015

Reference List Doc ID# 2

08/06/2015

Affidavit of Probable Cause Doc ID# 3

08/06/2015

Incident Report Doc ID# 4

08/07/2015

Arraignment (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Racek, Frank L) *in custody* session#: 09lmpcr201150807
Result: Hearing Ended

08/07/2015

Criminal Filing Doc ID# 5

08/07/2015

Notification of Rights and Acknowledgement Doc ID# 6

08/07/2015

Notice to Defendant and Consent to ITV Doc ID# 7

08/07/2015

Application for Appointed Defense Services Doc ID# 8

08/07/2015

Scheduling Order Doc ID# 9

08/07/2015

Notice of Eligibility for Appointed Counsel Doc ID# 10Mertz

08/07/2015

Promise to Appear Doc ID# 11

08/07/2015

Discharge Doc ID# 12

11/04/2015

Misdemeanor Dispositional Conference (3:00 PM) (Judicial Officer Racek, Frank L)

BisonFan02
August 9th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Having football taken from you is not punishment for life. Dumb stuff happens, I agree. I won't advocate for removing a player for getting a minor. I might even let pot slide once. College is supposed to be fun and people get caught.

I live in the area and have a degree from the University and follow sports. When players do dumb stuff, it reflects poorly on the University.

Because you got one? Pot/Kettle

Smitty
August 9th, 2015, 01:02 PM
I guess this is the end of the NDSU era...

BisonFan02
August 9th, 2015, 01:09 PM
I guess this is the end of the NDSU era...

As long as we don't have to punt next year...I think we'll be ok. :D

NDSUSR
August 9th, 2015, 01:12 PM
As long as we don't have to punt next year...I think we'll be ok. :D
I have been wanting them to go for it on 4th down 95% of the time anyway.

344Johnson
August 9th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Because you got one? Pot/Kettle

Because people drink in college. Actually getting a minor cost my cousin a full ride for ROTC.

Comparing college kids going to a party to a kid breaking into a car is a stretch but you already knew that

SUPharmacist
August 9th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Yeah I don't see him getting back on the team. We'll see what happens in court first. If he pleads down to a lesser offense he might get a third strike, might not too.

Even if he pleads down, if he had a previous minor I would boot him. Stealing is more than just having a good time, and if he already had an issue he should have been keeping his nose clean in all ways. Second chances ok maybe, but beyond that no.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 9th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Even if he pleads down, if he had a previous minor I would boot him. Stealing is more than just having a good time, and if he already had an issue he should have been keeping his nose clean in all ways. Second chances ok maybe, but beyond that no.

I agree. I didn't know he had a previous minor. Hopefully, he gets his sh** together.

FargoBison
August 9th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Yeah, I didn't know about the prior offense, with that known he would need to be found innocent for me to want him back.