PDA

View Full Version : Montana Schedules Games with Washington and Oregon

GetEmGriz
August 7th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Montana will play the University of Washington in 2017 and 2021, and will play Oregon in 2019.

centennial
August 7th, 2015, 05:26 PM
PAC12 FTW

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2015, 05:41 PM
Montana will play the University of Washington in 2017 and 2021, and will play Oregon in 2019.

I like that every other year type of thing. Well I like it especially if we can keep getting some H&H's with the good FCS schools. Haslam has come in and is doing a really good job.

Grizzlies82
August 7th, 2015, 07:19 PM
I like that every other year type of thing. Well I like it especially if we can keep getting some H&H's with the good FCS schools. Haslam has come in and is doing a really good job.

I'm pleased to see these scheduled too. Also like the every other year rotation. Montana is one of the few which can make as much with a home game as they can with these 'money' games. So although the athletic department doesn't need them for the cash, I believe our program needs them for the interest of the student athletes and fans. Hope they can continue to find periodic quality FBS games into the future. Go Griz!

IBleedYellow
August 7th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Montana can beat Washington, good scheduling, IMO!

mvemjsunpx
August 7th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Don't Forget Valpo, Drake, and SFPA!!!

Seriously, though, it's nice to see the Griz playing 3 FCS teams they've never played before.

bonarae
August 7th, 2015, 10:48 PM
Yes, but enjoy these FBS games while our ADs are still allowed to contact them... we will never know when the P5 will close their doors... xsmhx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2015, 10:57 PM
Yes, but enjoy these FBS games while our ADs are still allowed to contact them... we will never know when the P5 will close their doors... xsmhx

It won't affect us a whole lot. We will have another home game or good H&H so I wouldn't care one bit anyway. Now other teams, I'm sure it matters to them.

mvemjsunpx
August 7th, 2015, 11:23 PM

I doubt the P5 will be able to sustain that if they do it, especially once (if?) the paying players arms race explodes. Cheap home games will look more & more attractive.

veinup
August 11th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Excellent! will be attending the Huskies game.

OldKat95
August 12th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I would still rather see more early season non-conference games between FCS schools, like ours against EWU and the NDSU-Montana game in a few weeks.

tomq04
August 12th, 2015, 11:32 AM
Great news!!

I am loving the H-H's as well.

Willie
August 17th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Oregon and Washington will end up buying out. With the way the P5 conferences are going these days, none of them will be playing FCS schools so it won't hurt their chances of making the playoff.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Oregon and Washington will end up buying out. With the way the P5 conferences are going these days, none of them will be playing FCS schools so it won't hurt their chances of making the playoff.

I hope you are right cuz that is just free money to us at that point but they just scheduled this knowing all that we know plus much, much more so maybe, maybe not.

Bisonator
August 17th, 2015, 02:04 PM
How much is Montana getting for these games?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2015, 02:35 PM
How much is Montana getting for these games?

Not positive but we've been getting 650K plus since the mid 2000's due to the amount we need to leave home. I think Wyoming was a bit less for sure but I'd think it has to be up around that mark for these games. Have not seen anything on it yet though.

Pinnum
August 17th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Pac 12 will own the broadcast rights to the game. Montana has a large fan base that will be interested in these games and tune in to watch. The increased viewership will help drive increased advertising dollars for the Pac12. They are likely getting paid typical FCS guarantees so as a business decision it is a very good move for the Pac 12 since Montana is much more valuable than a Southern Utah or Sacramento State despite costing a similar amount of money. However, on the football side, there is a much bigger risk of an upset. But if there is an upset, it will drive viewers that tune in to catch the end of the game which just helps the Pac 12.

CrazyCat
August 17th, 2015, 03:33 PM
According to Kyle Sample of the Missoulian.
UW $625,000
Oregon $650,000
UW $675,000

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2015, 04:03 PM
According to Kyle Sample of the Missoulian.
UW $625,000
Oregon $650,000
UW $675,000

Thanks CC, pick up that guitar and talk to me.

CrazyCat
August 17th, 2015, 04:26 PM
http://blogfiles.wfmu.org/KF/2011/01/19/gif_guitar_glove_Edit.gif