PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Round Predictions

FurmanPaladins4138
November 25th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Let's see 'em.

Appalachian State
Montana State (after watching my Paladins get drubbed today)

Illinois State
Youngstown State/James Madison TBD (I'll do this one once the YSU/JMU game goes final)

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

Southern Illinois
Montana

Peems
November 25th, 2006, 08:41 PM
any reason you have the top two teams losing?

ISUMatt
November 25th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Rumor has it ISU is on the road no matter who we play

Coastal89
November 25th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Appalachian State

Didn't your Dins get a worse drubbing at KBS?

TexasTerror
November 25th, 2006, 08:58 PM
TT's Predictions

Appalachian State
Montana State

Illinois State
Youngstown State/James Madison winner

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

Southern Illinois
Montana

MplsBison
November 25th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Montana State
Youngstown State
UMass
Montana

Youngstown State
UMass

UMass

AppGuy04
November 25th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Didn't your Dins get a worse drubbing at KBS?

Yep, sure did

blackfordpu
November 25th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Bfp's prediction:

Appalachian State
Montana State

Illinois State
Youngstown State

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

Southern Illinois
Montana

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 25th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Let's see 'em.

Appalachian State

Illinois State
Youngstown State/James Madison TBD (I'll do this one once the YSU/JMU game goes final)

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

Southern Illinois
Montana

The Dins completely beat themselves today. I just can't see Montana State ending App State's home winning streak.

Also, I just can't see SIU beating Montana.

In the two rematch games, I'm not sure who to pick, so I think I will go with the teams that lost the RS game - that is, Illinois State and UMASS.

[EDIT] Pardon me, that's UNH, not MASS

ISUMatt
November 25th, 2006, 10:17 PM
The Dins completely beat themselves today. I just can't see Montana State ending App State's home playoff streak.

Also, I just can't see SIU beating Montana.

In the two rematch games, I'm not sure who to pick, so I think I will go with the teams that lost the RS game - that is, Illinois State and UMASS.

But UMass won 28-20

walliver
November 25th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Appalachain State
Youngstown State
UMass
Montana
(all 4 seeds make it to the semis)

HiHiYikas
November 25th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Appalachain State
Youngstown State
UMass
Montana
when's the last time that happened?

FUOneTime
November 25th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I am absolutely losing all faith in Paladin fans on this board...

The Paladins did not get "drubbed" today. They gave up touchdowns on both of MSU's first possessions of the halves, and then handed them 17 points on turnovers and field position. I saw nothing out of MSU today that makes me think they won't lose by double digits to App St.

I'll take YSU, UNH, and Montana in the other 3.

Peems
November 25th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Appalachain State
Youngstown State
UMass
Montana

i could see that, but im pulling for the kitties.

ISUMatt
November 25th, 2006, 10:24 PM
ASU
Montana
ISU
Massachusetts

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 25th, 2006, 10:25 PM
If Santos gets some protection, UMASS will not be able to contain him -- just like last year during the Regular Season when Ball caught 4 TD's and had maybe the best game ever for a 1-AA WR. However, no protection, no win. Scariest part of UMASS is QB Coen who may be the most efficient QB in the nation. When he's needed, he's very effective.

JohnStOnge
November 25th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Appalachian State over Montana State. Home field prevails.

Illinois State over Youngstown State. Two comparable teams and, to my recollection, the overwhelming percentage of playoff rematches have gone to the team that lost during the regular season. I think the regular season loser has an advantage in terms of knowing what to "fix."

New Hampshire over UMass. See above.

Montana over Southern Illinois. Great run defense trumps great run offense combined with mediocre defense. Plus Montana is now something like 21 - 4 at home historically in the playoffs.

AZGrizFan
November 25th, 2006, 10:34 PM

The Paladins did not get "drubbed" today. They gave up touchdowns on both of MSU's first possessions of the halves, and then handed them 17 points on turnovers and field position. I saw nothing out of MSU today that makes me think they won't lose by double digits to App St.

That's funny. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Did Furman players just "hand" the ball to MSU? Or might MSU players have had something to do with the "turnovers"? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2006, 10:35 PM
ASU
Montana
ISU
Massachusetts
ASU
SIU
ISU
Massachusetts
How can you pick against a fellow Gateway member, Matt?

ISUMatt
November 25th, 2006, 10:36 PM
In Missoula Skinny...if the game is in Carbondale, i wouldnt and you are picking against YSU :)

james_lawfirm
November 25th, 2006, 10:44 PM
2nd Round

Appalachian State
Montana State

Illinois State
Youngstown State

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

Southern Illinois
Montana

3rd Round
Appalachian State
Youngstown State

Massachusetts
Montana

Championship Game
Appalachian State
Montana

FurmanPaladins4138
November 25th, 2006, 10:46 PM

Yeah. So now we'll just delete field position and turnovers, because they obviously don't contribute to the outcome of the game???

FurmanPaladins4138
November 25th, 2006, 10:47 PM
any reason you have the top two teams losing?

I like upsets?

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2006, 10:48 PM
In Missoula Skinny...if the game is in Carbondale, i wouldnt and you are picking against YSU :)
With YSU playing Ill State, someone has to lose. :(
I don't think Arkee cares where he plays right now. He just refuses to let his season end. He has 775 yards and 14 TDs in the last four weeks. Talk about a man on a mission! Montana is a tough place to play, but they haven't seen Whitock yet.

AZGrizFan
November 25th, 2006, 10:49 PM
ASU
SIU
ISU
Massachusetts
How can you pick against a fellow Gateway member, Matt?

Cause the Gateway's overrated and one of the WEAKER conferences. Just ask UMassfan. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

AZGrizFan
November 25th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Yeah. So now we'll just delete field position and turnovers, because they obviously don't contribute to the outcome of the game???

Exactly. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ISUMatt
November 25th, 2006, 10:50 PM
i am saying Montana wins but will be cheering my ass off sor SIU!!! Just like I am saying ISU wins but deep down inside :(

AppGuy04
November 25th, 2006, 10:50 PM
ASU
YSU
UMass
SIU

skinny_uncle
November 25th, 2006, 10:51 PM
Cause the Gateway's overrated and one of the WEAKER conferences. Just ask UMassfan. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Gateway 3-0 today. Not bad for a weaker overrated conference.

AZGrizFan
November 25th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Gateway 3-0 today. Not bad for a weaker overrated conference.

I know. Sarcasm. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
BSC --- 2-0. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

WrenFGun
November 25th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Montana over Southern Illinois--SIU struggled TOO much against UT-Martin (whom, granted, I underestimated) to make me think they can handle a Montana team in hostile Montana.
APP State over Montana State--Again, as others have mentioned, Furman lost that game as much as MSU won. Not to mention, APP State isn't going to lose at home this early.
YSU over ISU--Going with the home team.
UNH over UMass--Why not? It could happen.

eagle1
November 25th, 2006, 11:12 PM
S. Illinois vs Montana - Montana
Montana St. vs App. St. - App. St.
Illinois St. vs Youngstown St. - Illinois St.
New Hampshire vs U. Mass. - U. Mass

Great showing by the Big Sky Conference in the first round. I seriously think that Portland State should have made the field and they would have also won in the first round. Hopefully, my Eagles can get back to the playoffs next year:hurray: . Go Eagles!!!

GeauxColonels
November 25th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Well, seeing that I'm 8 for 8 on the SportsBracket.com pick 'em going on right now, I'll stick with my initial choices:

Appalachian State
Montana State

Youngstown State
Illinois State

Montana
Southern Illinois

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

AZGrizFan
November 25th, 2006, 11:18 PM
S. Illinois vs Montana - Montana
Montana St. vs App. St. - App. St.
Illinois St. vs Youngstown St. - Illinois St.
New Hampshire vs U. Mass. - U. Mass

Great showing by the Big Sky Conference in the first round. I seriously think that Portland State should have made the field and they would have also won in the first round. Hopefully, my Eagles can get back to the playoffs next year:hurray: . Go Eagles!!!

Couldn't agree more, eagle1. PSU would have done the BSC proud, just as UM and MSU did today. I REALLY hope EWU gets back next year....we were counting on you guys as a "quality" win this year to give the BSC some respectability. :rolleyes: ;)

gobucknell06
November 25th, 2006, 11:19 PM
I'll give it a shot:

App State 28
Montana St. 24

Illinois St. 14
Youngstown St. 22

UMass 35
New Hampshire 15

S. Illinois 21
Montana 30

MplsBison
November 25th, 2006, 11:55 PM

Weird, another bitter SoCon fan.

Guess what buddy? The SoCon is down this year. Big time.

MSU beats App State by at least a touchdown.

putter
November 26th, 2006, 12:02 AM
With YSU playing Ill State, someone has to lose. :(
I don't think Arkee cares where he plays right now. He just refuses to let his season end. He has 775 yards and 14 TDs in the last four weeks. Talk about a man on a mission! Montana is a tough place to play, but they haven't seen Whitock yet.

Whitlock is amazing and will get his yards but we did play against a guy named Albert Young from Iowa and he was pretty good.

chuges1
November 26th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Appalachian State
Montana State (I really think we are on a roll and on the road we got it in the bag)

Illinois State
Youngstown State (No basis for this but just like the chances here for Youngstown)

Massachusetts (Mass will just come up with a win)
New Hampshire

Southern Illinois
Montana (UM is too tough and i dont think they lose in a packed WA/Griz Stadium)

Lex St. Kitts
November 26th, 2006, 12:07 AM
MSU
ASU

ISU
YSU

Mass
UNH

SIU
UM

chuges1
November 26th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Appalachian State over Montana State. Home field prevails.
Illinois State over Youngstown State. Two comparable teams and, to my recollection, the overwhelming percentage of playoff rematches have gone to the team that lost during the regular season. I think the regular season loser has an advantage in terms of knowing what to "fix."

New Hampshire over UMass. See above.

Montana over Southern Illinois. Great run defense trumps great run offense combined with mediocre defense. Plus Montana is now something like 21 - 4 at home historically in the playoffs.

You must not understand MSU football this year to come up with that first sentence. I am actually happy we are out of Bozeman to play this next game....and yes i realize App State is tough at home, but we actually play every game like a road game. Before the Furman game our team stayed out of town to get the feeling of an away game...we play well on the road...

El Griz
November 26th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Scinny Uncle

The last team I would want to be playing right now is MSU Cats. They are better on the road then at home. They are flying high and on a mission. Strange, how the Big Sky is loaded with strong defense.

Death Dealer
November 26th, 2006, 12:15 AM

Mpls, your village is missing their idiot. Do us all a favor, and go back to them!

Appy
Ysu
Montana
UMass

God that is so milk toast....where were the upsets today? Hey, there was some great football played today, huh? Not by any team wearing purple in Montana, but what about CCU? That was some serious heart they displayed today! Talk about not giving up! They can be proud of themselves for that effort.

tralfangar
November 26th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Looking forward to the huge feast of crow coming up next Sunday! Can't believe all you people picking against App. I know, I know...homer alert, but really...no one has beat us at home recently, and I certainly don't see some team that loses to Montana coming into Boone and taking us out. Best wishes though!

ISU
UMass
Montana

AZGrizFan
November 26th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Looking forward to the huge feast of crow coming up next Sunday! Can't believe all you people picking against App. I know, I know...homer alert, but really...no one has beat us at home recently, and I certainly don't see some team that loses to Montana coming into Boone and taking us out. Best wishes though!

ISU
UMass
Montana

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
: smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh :

Stand by to stand by, tralfangar. Get a front row seat for the shock and awe. :eek: :eek: :eek:

GreatAppSt
November 26th, 2006, 12:21 AM

Ignats is back! :rolleyes: Spew Ignats spew.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: trolling again I see?:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

siugrad99
November 26th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Nobody's gonna give SIU a shot in this one and for good reason. Montana is nearly unbeatable at home & SIU hasn't exactly given people a reason to think we can win there. We are 0-2 on the road the past 3 seasons and each team went on to win the National Championship. Here's hoping 3rd times a charm :) (Fingers & Toes Crossed) :)

Mathews99
November 26th, 2006, 12:28 AM
AppSt
YSU
SIU
UMass

FlyYtown
November 26th, 2006, 12:31 AM
The Illinois State fans can testify to this: YSU really did dominate the ILSU game about 4-5 weeks ago when we won 27-13.

I know it will be a lot closer---but its at YSU and the way we cameback today... I can't see ANYONE beating us at home this year... other than UNI lol!

ASU
YSU
---
UNH
SIU

tralfangar
November 26th, 2006, 12:32 AM
I look forward to your response next Sunday AZGrizFan! Good thing you have two teams to cheer for, otherwise it would be a long winter =)

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 12:52 AM
while im not holding my breath on the Cats beating App. State i think it could happen(and hoping it does). my question for that game will be how do the cats handle a mobile QB? the only thing close to a mobile QB in the big sky was marquez of Sac. St. and no offense to Sac St. but they are no App. st.

AZGrizFan
November 26th, 2006, 12:56 AM
while im not holding my breath on the Cats beating App. State i think it could happen(and hoping it does). my question for that game will be how do the cats handle a mobile QB? the only thing close to a mobile QB in the big sky was marquez of Sac. St. and no offense to Sac St. but they are no App. st.

Well, I don't know if I'd call Murietta mobile, but he's definitely "elusive". That boy is harder to take down than just about any QB I've seen. He lit up MSU for quite a few points, I believe, too....that may not bode well. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

AggieFinn
November 26th, 2006, 02:24 AM
Appalachian State
Montana State

Illinois State
Youngstown State

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

Southern Illinois
Montana

I think things will keep on rolling for the Montana schools, of course, who else am I gonna root for? They're the only ones left from the West. That App State/MSU game could be the game of the year.

CoastalFan2005
November 26th, 2006, 03:03 AM
S. Illinois @ Montana - Montana.

Montana St.@ App. St. - ASU.
(Sorry, but ASU repeats as champs this year. Should be a good game next weekend, but the Bobcats aren't winning at The Rock.)

Illinois St. @ Youngstown St. - YSU.

New Hampshire @ U. Mass. - UMass.

birdsflyhigh
November 26th, 2006, 04:01 AM
7-1 in the first round. Let's see if I can go 4-0 in round 2. Just the winners here:

SIU gets their offense in high gear for a BIG road upset in Missoula
ISU pays YSU back for an earlier upset
UMASS takes care of business at home
ASU takes out an MSU team that basically had Furman hand them a game

Now it get's tricky because I'm NOT sure about the accuracy of most of those predictions. xprost2x :rotateh:

Appstate29
November 26th, 2006, 05:47 AM

You said the same thing about CCU, take your ASU envy somewhere else.

ASU
YSU
UMass
UM

I think they got the seeds right this year.

asu70
November 26th, 2006, 08:27 AM

Your predictions on results of App State games have never been correct. You picked CCU over us and we all know the results of that game, but I respect the right of everyone to have their own opinion. LOL.

Saint3333
November 26th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Your predictions on results of App State games have never been correct. You picked CCU over us and we all know the results of that game, but I respect the right of everyone to have their own opinion. LOL.

If he continues to pick against ASU he'll eventually be right... Keep up the good work...

Mr. C
November 26th, 2006, 09:02 AM
I've seen Montana State play three times in recent weeks (Idaho State, Weber State and Montana) and while I like the hard-nosed Bobcat defense, I don't know if they can contain all of the Mountaineers' weapons. Does anyone run the no huddle spread out west? Outside of Jefferson at wide receiver, I haven't been overly impressed by MSU offensively (except for the Idaho State game and we all know how bad the Bengal defense — one great LB and little else — is). This will be a difficult matchup for MSU, not even considering the cross-country travel and playing at Kidd Brewer Stadium. ASU will be back at full strength in its secondary with Corey Lynch in the lineup (they were down to their third string free safety, Titus Howard for most the game against CCU and it showed) and no one has been effective running the ball on the Mountaineers since the North Carolina State opener. I don't think this one will be that close.

YSU handled Illinois State pretty good (I've got the DVD of that game in my computer right now) and I think the Penguins will again (despite the rematch thing). Illinois State has been sputtering for the last month.

UNH-UMass should be the game of the quarterfinals. My head says UMass. My gut says New Hampshire.

The key for Southern Illinois is to get ahead against Montana. Montana isn't going to blow a 27-7 second-half lead like Tennessee-Martin did. The Salukis need a huge game from Arkee Whitlock to have a chance, though he is capable of doing it. Still, it would be tough to beat that Grizzly defense. From what highlights and stats I saw, it looked like Josh Swogger had a better game throwing against McNeese State. He is the key guy for Montana.

DaGriz
November 26th, 2006, 09:55 AM
I've seen Montana State play three times in recent weeks (Idaho State, Weber State and Montana) and while I like the hard-nosed Bobcat defense, I don't know if they can contain all of the Mountaineers' weapons. Does anyone run the no huddle spread out west? Outside of Jefferson at wide receiver, I haven't been overly impressed by MSU offensively (except for the Idaho State game and we all know how bad the Bengal defense — one great LB and little else — is). This will be a difficult matchup for MSU, not even considering the cross-country travel and playing at Kidd Brewer Stadium. ASU will be back at full strength in its secondary with Corey Lynch in the lineup (they were down to their third string free safety, Titus Howard for most the game against CCU and it showed) and no one has been effective running the ball on the Mountaineers since the North Carolina State opener. I don't think this one will be that close.

YSU handled Illinois State pretty good (I've got the DVD of that game in my computer right now) and I think the Penguins will again (despite the rematch thing). Illinois State has been sputtering for the last month.

UNH-UMass should be the game of the quarterfinals. My head says UMass. My gut says New Hampshire.

The key for Southern Illinois is to get ahead against Montana. Montana isn't going to blow a 27-7 second-half lead like Tennessee-Martin did. The Salukis need a huge game from Arkee Whitlock to have a chance, though he is capable of doing it. Still, it would be tough to beat that Grizzly defense. From what highlights and stats I saw, it looked like Josh Swogger had a better game throwing against McNeese State. He is the key guy for Montana.

That's exactly what I think. I'm pulling for MSU but I don't know how they are going to stop App St. App St. has too many weapons (NAU in the Big Sky actually runs a no huddle by the way), so MSU is going to have to keep up and they have been so sporadic this year I don't know if they can score like that two weeks in a row.
I think YSU rolls.
Umass-UNH is my game of the week. What more can you ask for? Seniors Santos and Ball vs. the #3 team in the nation. I think UNH wins this one for the simple fact I think it's so hard to beat a time twice in the same year.
If SIU is a run first team we will roll them. Stopping the run is our strength. For us to lose this year it's going to have to be a low scoring game with the other team up at half time because our D isn't giving up many points right now, especially in the second half. We're out scoring teams in the third quarter 132-13 this year.

saccat
November 26th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I hope every team overlooks us and thinks that we suck. Just ask furman How bad we are. You can find them at there homes untill next fall.

and don't give me that "they handed the game to us" crap. Both teams played hard and THE BETTER TEAM WON!!!!

GO BIG SKY

Mountaineer#96
November 26th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Appalachian State -28 .........ASU has got too many weapons, wide open O
Montana State - 13

Illinois State -24 .......... these are my upset kittens, go Birds
Youngstown State - 20

Massachusetts - 31.........best game of the week comes down to kickers
New Hampshire - 34

Southern Illinois - 7........ Griz at home = W, helped by D and special teams
Montana - 23

Mountaineer#96
November 26th, 2006, 10:29 AM
BTW Montana State.......the students are back in town for you guys, from what I understand they got something special planned for you.

SpreadtheRed
November 26th, 2006, 10:42 AM
App State - I dont see them losing to MSU at home.
ISU - This can very well be true...if Luke Drone decides to not throw 4 interceptions again, and recievers decide it is a good idea to actually catch passes to them.
New Hampshire - in a really close, tough game.
SIU - If they get their act together, these guys are capabale of HUGE games, take for example Indiana.

FurmanPaladins4138
November 26th, 2006, 10:48 AM
If Youngstown plays like they did in the 4th quarter last night, they win easily next Saturday.

skinny_uncle
November 26th, 2006, 10:57 AM
That's exactly what I think. I'm pulling for MSU but I don't know how they are going to stop App St. App St. has too many weapons (NAU in the Big Sky actually runs a no huddle by the way), so MSU is going to have to keep up and they have been so sporadic this year I don't know if they can score like that two weeks in a row.
I think YSU rolls.
Umass-UNH is my game of the week. What more can you ask for? Seniors Santos and Ball vs. the #3 team in the nation. I think UNH wins this one for the simple fact I think it's so hard to beat a time twice in the same year.
If SIU is a run first team we will roll them. Stopping the run is our strength. For us to lose this year it's going to have to be a low scoring game with the other team up at half time because our D isn't giving up many points right now, especially in the second half. We're out scoring teams in the third quarter 132-13 this year.
Stopping the run was Tennessee-Martin's strength, too. Coming into yesterday's games, Montana ranked eighth nationally in rushing D while Martin ranked eleventh. Whitlock personally knocked Martin's ranking down to seventeenth yesterday. You may be good against the run, but if stopping Whitlock is your gameplan, you might have a problem.
:nod:

BestOfBreed
November 26th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Appalachian State
Youngstown State
Massachusetts
Montana

All the seeds move on.

Sam Adams
November 26th, 2006, 11:05 AM
MSU
YSU
SIU
UMASS

ISUMatt
November 26th, 2006, 11:37 AM
If Youngstown plays like they did in the 4th quarter last night, they win easily next Saturday.

Im not saying you are right or wrong, but you did not see our defense in action yesterday...7 1st Downs allowed, 138 TOTAL offense allowed, 2 INT TDs...If THAT defense shows up, nothing will be easy...

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 26th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Montana over So Ill. Griz at home which is 2nd toughest home venue in FCS (next to Delaware). Great defense & a QB who is underrated.:smiley_wi

App. State over MSU. App. St on mission to get back to finals. Best overall balance in the nation.:D

Ill State in upset over Penguins. JMU should have won vs YSU, but shot themselves in foot at the end:confused:

UNH over UMASS. Santos & Ball & a will to win, 'nough said. Besides what better place than McGuirk Stadium for the dynamic duo to show the Minutemen that they should have recruited both of them 4 years ago?! Remember, defense is a relative term when discussing UNH's ability on Offense. (Ask UMass about 2nd half earlier this year OR last year at home :hurray: or Hampton from yesterday for just two of many instances!):thumbsup:

FlyYtown
November 26th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Im not saying you are right or wrong, but you did not see our defense in action yesterday...7 1st Downs allowed, 138 TOTAL offense allowed, 2 INT TDs...If THAT defense shows up, nothing will be easy...

Well he is probably right.. if we play like we did in the 4th quarter vs. SIU-JMU...... I'd love to see a team stop us..

I just want YSU to rePETE their performance @ ILSU a few weeks back, because if that happens... WATCH OUT-- GO GUINS

The Cats
November 26th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Appalachian State
Montana State

Illinois State
Youngstown State

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

Southern Illinois
Montana

Grizo406
November 26th, 2006, 01:00 PM
...but if stopping Whitlock is your gameplan, you might have a problem.
:nod:

I think "trying" to stop/contain Whitlock will be part of our game plan, but not all of it. When/if that happens, I see it as a problem solved.

Whitlock is a great player, but if there's a defense that can stop him, its the Griz, but we'll have to wait until next Saturday for confirmation.

If you're making the trip, Skinny, let me know and I get you some info.:thumbsup:

Death Dealer
November 26th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I hope every team overlooks us and thinks that we suck. Just ask furman How bad we are. You can find them at there homes untill next fall.

and don't give me that "they handed the game to us" crap. Both teams played hard and THE BETTER TEAM WON!!!!

GO BIG SKY

Hey, chill sac. Noones overlooking you. They are just stating the facts....I do disagree that we gave the game to you. You guys fought a hard fight and won fair and square....everybody can talk about the injuries and the travel....blah, blah, blah......but every team faces all those challenges every season....winners find a way to overcome obstacles and win....we weren't winners yesterday. We've faced the same problem all year and I won't rehash it all here.

However, beating a down FU who had already mentally packed it in for the year, and beating a very tight riled up pack of Mountaineers in their house are two very different animals all together. You may pull it off, but it is not gonna be easy or likely....but that is why they call them upsets now isn't it?

slycat
November 26th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Appalachian State
Montana State

while MSU looked good at home against Furman, I just dont think they can go into Boone and win. should be a great game though.

Illinois State
Youngstown State

another good game with ISU pulling out the victory in the end. (new bandwagon to jump on since martin lost)

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

UMass should dominate this game.

Southern Illinois
Montana

im not picking against montana at home again

Cleets
November 26th, 2006, 03:49 PM

ISU
UMass
Montana

I hear you!
this should be a blow-out (right?)

20th ranked Montan State - no starting QB - Only got into the playoffs as a favor - on the road at the unbeatable #1 - no special teams skills - over rated defence - weak Big Sky Conference

it's too easy!

App State by 21 (in a romp)

tralfangar
November 26th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Why don't you come down from Boston and check it out? We'll treat you right and then you can buy us all drinks after the game. I mean you have to give something if you lose a bet, right? I guarantee it's cheaper to buy beer down here than in Boston...at least it was when I went there a year and a half ago.

The way I see it is if you bet against us 26 times at home, we have to lose once, right? Then you'll look like a genius!

ncguitarplyr
November 26th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Appalachian State (rape)

Youngstown State (closest game of the day)

Massachusetts (by 10)

Montana (by 17)

MountaineerDrive
November 26th, 2006, 04:27 PM
There is no reason to think App will lose at home. There is no reason to guarantee they won't. That's why they play the game. If MSU comes in with a perfect gameplan and App starts turning the ball over we could get blown out. But I see a blow out the other way as a lot more likely...:twocents:

The winners as I see it...

ASU (Balanced offense, healthy D?, at home)

YSU (the only less intimidating mascot in the NCAA is the Santa Barbara
Banana Slugs, but that comeback against JMU was scary)

Montana (Solid team overall, and at home)

UNH (Offense explodes again, defense shows up for a quarter or two to pull it off)

twentythreeOh4
November 26th, 2006, 08:21 PM

So no matter who wins the SIU/UM game you will claim to be right on your prediction! With predictions like that, I'm surprised you're not a political writer instead of a sports writer. :)

McNeese75
November 26th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Appalachian State
Montana State

Illinois State
Youngstown State

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

Southern Illinois
Montana

mtgrizfan4life
November 26th, 2006, 09:08 PM
App State that pains me, but homefield wins out. Will not be surprised though if Cats pull it out in a close one. Please pull it off cats. I want an GRIZ/CAT NC.

YSU They showed much heart and balanced offense against JMU

NH Ball and Santos have something to prove.

GRIZ- 34 (like i would pick against the GRIZ at home, NOT!)
SIU-17
GRIZ defense has stopped everyone this year at all positions. This D is truly special. If any offense gets more than 20 on the GRIZ that will be quite a feat, especially when the GRIZ offense takes care of the ball. Whitlock has a good game, but not enough support. GRIZ offense continues to to be balanced, 150 rushing, and 250 passing. Finally 24k consistently rock 110 decibals!!!!!! Ask any player, coach, or fan what a huge factor WGS and Griznation is at home. Most teams it is worth 3 points, WGS often is worth 7 to 10. GO GRIZ!!!!!

Walkon79
November 26th, 2006, 09:15 PM
The Dins completely beat themselves today.

ONE net yard rushing in the first half. Don't you think the Bobcat D had something to do with it?

Go Cats

November 26th, 2006, 09:17 PM
I predict the semis will not be all seeded teams.

Walkon79
November 26th, 2006, 09:19 PM
APP State over Montana State--Again, as others have mentioned, Furman lost that game as much as MSU won.

Did any of you SEE that game. I was there, and what I saw was total domination by one of the best defenses in the country.

Ivytalk
November 26th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Bfp's prediction:

Appalachian State
Montana State

Illinois State
Youngstown State

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

Southern Illinois
Montana

The reincarnation of Swami!:bow: :bow:

Lex St. Kitts
November 26th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I hear you!

20th ranked Montan State - no starting QB - Only got into the playoffs as a favor - on the road at the unbeatable #1 - no special teams skills - over rated defence - weak Big Sky Conference

it's too easy!

Man! I hope you are giving the Mountaineers their pre-game pep talk! I guess we did pretty well last week for being in the playoffs from a "favor." There is no such thing as an unbeatable team, don't be an idiot. We'll see just how weak the Big Sky is when we have two teams in the title game. I said it last week and I will say it again, ASU....get ready for your *** whoopin':asswhip:

Grizo406
November 26th, 2006, 09:27 PM
I hear you!

it's too easy!

This no starting QB, no special team skills, over rated "defence" team hammered the #7 team in the country that wasn't from the weak BSC.

You're right, this one just might be a blow out.

appisgreatest
November 26th, 2006, 09:59 PM
It will be interesting to see how this MSU defense is against ASU's potent offense

pantherclaw
November 26th, 2006, 10:24 PM
While i know this is a new year and different teams and all, i will caution those Appy State fans that are saying that there is no way appy state loses or the Appy state will kill montana state, last year the no. 1 seed, UNH hosted UNI and all week the UNH fans were saying that UNH would romp, and we all know how that turned out. All im saying is to be careful, as the past 3 years the number 1 seed has not lasted beyond the second round. (McNeese State in '03-1st round, Southern Illinois in '04-1st round, UNH in '05-2nd round) Just my humble opinion

I think YSU beats ILS

UMASS over UNH

and as much as it pains me i think Montana beats SIU, but it'll be close, and im rooting 4 the dogs.

Grizo406
November 26th, 2006, 10:58 PM
... Southern Illinois in '04-1st round...

I can not tell you how glad/shocked/amazed I was by EWU beating SIU in '04.

I think that game paved the way for the Griz, and made me a fan of Eastern Washington.

fencer24
November 26th, 2006, 11:04 PM
I predict the semis will not be all seeded teams.

Come on Ralph, who do you think will not be there on Sunday?

GreatAppSt
November 26th, 2006, 11:04 PM
I predict that as of now there are 8 deserving teams standing, nobody is a lightweight or undeserving and no teams left will be taking any opponent lightly, to think so is just absurd. I'll bet for all these teams, the coaches and players are not overlooking the next team thay will meet. Because they know that this is playoff caliber competition in other words there are no slouches left. I truely feel of the eight teams left any of them could rise and take the NC over the next three AnyGivenSaturday's.
Every year all the the teams that make the playoffs can be proud of the fact whether they lost in the first or final round that for that year they where contenders.:nod: :nod:
Man I love The Playoffs all the teams except Da Champs ending their season with a loss can be harsh but ya gotta just love it so.:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

FargoBison
November 27th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Appalachian State-31
Montana State -17

Illinois State-17
Youngstown State-28

Massachusetts-28
New Hampshire-31

Southern Illinois-17
Montana-24

pantherclaw
November 27th, 2006, 06:50 AM
I predict that as of now there are 8 deserving teams standing, nobody is a lightweight or undeserving and no teams left will be taking any opponent lightly, to think so is just absurd. I'll bet for all these teams, the coaches and players are not overlooking the next team thay will meet. Because they know that this is playoff caliber competition in other words there are no slouches left. I truely feel of the eight teams left any of them could rise and take the NC over the next three AnyGivenSaturday's.
Every year all the the teams that make the playoffs can be proud of the fact whether they lost in the first or final round that for that year they where contenders.:nod: :nod:Man I love The Playoffs all the teams except Da Champs ending their season with a loss can be harsh but ya gotta just love it so.:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

well put, GAS. my thoughts and feelings exactly.

Bobcat in NC
November 27th, 2006, 07:09 AM
BTW Montana State.......the students are back in town for you guys, from what I understand they got something special planned for you.

Good God, I'd better phone Coach Kramer and tell him that the Cats shouldn't even make the trip! I mean, MSU has never, ever faced a holstile crowd before. And they've never played in front of 24,000 in a brutally loud stadium. Oh wait, I guess they have. A few times.

All due respect to App (I haven't seen anything that shows me they aren't the best team in the country), but I think MSU just might get on the plane and show up at The Rock. They may even dress out and warm up. Hell, they may even decide to play. Even if they're terrified of the special Mountaineer student surprise...

Bobcat in NC
November 27th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Now, onto my sorry attempt at telling the future:

MSU: 24
ASU: 23

(A guy can hope, can't he?)

ISU: 17
YSU: 31

UMass: 30
UNH: 31

SIU: 10
UM: 27

OL FU
November 27th, 2006, 07:29 AM
ONE net yard rushing in the first half. Don't you think the Bobcat D had something to do with it?

Go Cats

No doubt about it, we get held to one yard rushing in the first half we lose.

Regardless, the winners are

ASU
YSU
UMASS
and
SIU (one of the seeds has to fall and this was the last game I picked):smiley_wi

BillLuc1982
November 27th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Well, we're down to eight and four tough teams have to take a bow this weekend.

Appalachian State 38, Montana State 24 -- Appy State rolls easily in Boone.

Montana 28, Southern Illinois 27 -- Probably the best game this week. Captain Comeback fails this time. I'd much rather play Montana than Southern Illinois in the Championship because you know what they say about rematches, especially after a close win at home. However, the "12th (wo)man" will make the difference this weekend at Wash-Griz. Home-field advantage will make this a game as exciting as YSU-JMU.

UNH 35, UMass 31 -- I'd rather see UMass win because I'm afraid of having to face Santos. However, the UNH coaching staff has learned its mistakes from playing UMass the last time. UNH in a squeaker.

Youngstown State 27, Illinois State 17 -- YSU's defense is better than it was against JMU. Normally, Illinois State would win because of the rematch rule. However, Denver Johnson and the home-field advantage send YSU to Boone the weekend of Dec. 8-9. Denver has a tough time with YSU. It's like YSU rematching UNI in the playoffs. We couldn't beat their cheerleaders!

Good luck to all teams this weekend!

Proud Griz Man
November 27th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Nobody's gonna give SIU a shot in this one and for good reason. Montana is nearly unbeatable at home & SIU hasn't exactly given people a reason to think we can win there. We are 0-2 on the road the past 3 seasons and each team went on to win the National Championship. Here's hoping 3rd times a charm :) (Fingers & Toes Crossed) :)

SIU has a winning tradition and very good team, and the Montana coaches and players will prepare for a difficult game. Its playoff time and its down to the Elite Eight and nothing comes easy. :nod:

CharlestonAppFan
November 27th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Appalachian State 34, Montana State 14 -- Too much offense this year with AE & KR attacking. If you stop them, then we have other weapons. Our D is a lot to handle for a quarterback who is injured and not at full strength.

Montana 21, Southern Illinois 20 -- Montana better watch out because if SI gets going, it's very tough for Montana to come back, but they still can. Closer than most think.

UMass 28, UNH 24 -- Will be a great game to watch, but UM D will stop the dynamic wonders just enough to win. I watched UM this weekend, and looked like they have a tendency to have some mental lapses. Lafayette scored 2 tds, I think, in a matter of a minute or so. Can't do that against UNH if they want to win.

Youngstown State 20, Illinois State 10 -- Good game this weekend against JMU, who I thought would be a very tough matchup for ASU next week. Don't know much about IS but just have a feeling that YSU is on a roll, well, until next week.

CopperCat
November 27th, 2006, 09:17 AM

Really? What about the defense that pretty much stopped your running game entirely?

Possibly the sign of a sore loser? I'm not saying its unwarranted, but come on!

Mountaineer#96
November 27th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Good God, I'd better phone Coach Kramer and tell him that the Cats shouldn't even make the trip! I mean, MSU has never, ever faced a holstile crowd before. And they've never played in front of 24,000 in a brutally loud stadium. Oh wait, I guess they have. A few times.

All due respect to App (I haven't seen anything that shows me they aren't the best team in the country), but I think MSU just might get on the plane and show up at The Rock. They may even dress out and warm up. Hell, they may even decide to play. Even if they're terrified of the special Mountaineer student surprise...

I wasn't being all that serious, but if you want to hope that your team wins 24-23 thats fine with me........... I hope we win by 40.

GaSouthern
November 27th, 2006, 11:47 AM
2nd Round

Appalachian State
Montana State

Illinois State
Youngstown State

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

Southern Illinois
Montana

3rd Round
Appalachian State
Youngstown State

Massachusetts
Montana

Championship Game
Appalachian State
Montana

I agree with this prediction, but I cant predict the final game.
UNH/UMASS is also really hard for me to predict.

ncguitarplyr
November 27th, 2006, 12:04 PM
i think massachusetts is a better team than montana and the name recognition and history of montana and attendance numbers are the only reason montana got a 2 seed and massachusetts didn't....im even scared of playing massachusetts in the national championship if we get there so i hope they get beat before then....plus an appalachian state/montana national championship would be fun but if im betting money im betting on an appalachian state/massachusetts national championship

CCU97
November 27th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Appalachian State
Montana State

Illinois State
Youngstown State

Massachusetts
New Hampshire

Southern Illinois
Montana

I think the seeded teams will just be too much for the others with Montana and App St in Chatty....

putter
November 27th, 2006, 12:19 PM
i think massachusetts is a better team than montana and the name recognition and history of montana and attendance numbers are the only reason montana got a 2 seed and massachusetts didn't....im even scared of playing massachusetts in the national championship if we get there so i hope they get beat before then....plus an appalachian state/montana national championship would be fun but if im betting money im betting on an appalachian state/massachusetts national championship

Disagree with you there because our only loss on the year was to Iowa and the Big Sky is overlooked as being a quality conference where we ran the table for the first time in a while. UMass scares me also, but then again, every team left is a scary team!

Ronbo
November 27th, 2006, 12:28 PM

Gee it couldn't have been that we beat 4 top 25 teams and UMass only beat two? Give me a break. Hope to see you in Chatty. We hear all this crap about schedule and then a team with a CREAM PUFF schedule gets your respect? Hipocrite.

ncguitarplyr
November 27th, 2006, 12:30 PM
yeah montana is good for sure...but personally i think the A-10 is the best championship divison conference in the country and Massachusetts went undefeated in it and their only loss this year was by 1pt to Navy @ Navy...thats scary

Ronbo
November 27th, 2006, 12:37 PM
yeah montana is good for sure...but personally i think the A-10 is the best championship divison conference in the country and Massachusetts went undefeated in it and their only loss this year was by 1pt to Navy @ Navy...thats scary

They only played two good A-10 teams, Maine and New Hampshire. Where was JMU, Delaware, and Richmond? And OOC games with SUNY-Stony Brook and Colgate. Hmmm....

MplsBison
November 27th, 2006, 01:09 PM
If he continues to pick against ASU he'll eventually be right... Keep up the good work...

If the SoCon were as strong as it usually is, I would pick ASU to win every time.

It's down this year and will be exposed this week.

Maroon&White
November 27th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Gee it couldn't have been that we beat 4 top 25 teams and UMass only beat two? Give me a break. Hope to see you in Chatty. We hear all this crap about schedule and then a team with a CREAM PUFF schedule gets your respect? Hipocrite.

Give it a rest already. ncguitarplyr, didn't even mention anything about schedules, but you had to bring it up - little sensitive aren't you. Is it so hard to fathom that somebody might be more afraid to face UMass then Montana?

Maroon&White
November 27th, 2006, 01:47 PM
They only played two good A-10 teams, Maine and New Hampshire. Where was JMU, Delaware, and Richmond? And OOC games with SUNY-Stony Brook and Colgate. Hmmm....

What does it matter who UMass didn't play, it wasn't their choice. You just played along with the name recognition that ncguitarplyr mentioned - UD and Richmond, come on, no offense to their fans but they weren't that good this year. You do realize that Towson and Villanova, two teams UMass did play and beat, finished higher in the A10 then UD and Richmond right?

UMass played one playoff team (UNH) and Montana also played only one (Montana State). Sounds about even.

MYTAPPY
November 27th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Appalachian State 31
Montana State 20

Illinois State 14
Youngstown State 28

Massachusetts 23
New Hampshire 10

Southern Illinois 21
Montana 17

Grizfanatic
November 27th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Appalachian State 45
Montana State 14

Illinois State 17
Youngstown State 35

Massachusetts 31
New Hampshire 10

Montana 34
Southern Illinois 10
----------------------
Appalachian State 38
youngstown State 24

Montana 35
Massachusetts 21
----------------------
Appalachian State 21
Montana 24 Field goal with less than 10 secs to play.

Ronbo
November 27th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Give it a rest already. ncguitarplyr, didn't even mention anything about schedules, but you had to bring it up - little sensitive aren't you. Is it so hard to fathom that somebody might be more afraid to face UMass then Montana?

I'm sick and tired of hearing the crybaby moaning and groaning about us getting the second seed. We damn well earned it defeating eight teams that were ranked in the top 25 this year at one point or another. And don't have fantasies, the Griz aren't afraid of anyone. Welcome to Wash/Grizzly stadium UMass. We can't wait to get you here.

BillLuc1982
November 27th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Illinois State 7
Youngstown State 35

The YSU/ISU game will be MUCH CLOSER than that.

Grizfanatic
November 27th, 2006, 02:57 PM
The YSU/ISU game will be MUCH CLOSER than that.

oops my 1 did not get in their... prediction is corrected:D 35-17

tralfangar
November 27th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Appalachian State 24
Montana State 10

Illinois State 31
Youngstown State 28

Massachusetts 31
New Hampshire 24

Montana 24
Southern Illinois 17

App vs UMass final.

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2006, 03:04 PM
App St
YSU

UNH
Montana

____

YSU
Montana

____

Champion: YSU

Bison77
November 27th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Appalachian State 38
Montana State 14

Illinois State 28
Youngstown State 35

Massachusetts 31
New Hampshire 28

Montana 17
Southern Illinois 24

ASU Kep
November 27th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Appalachian State
Montana State

Ill. St.
Youngstown

UMASS
New Hampshire

Southern Ill.
Montana

Maroon&White
November 27th, 2006, 05:21 PM
I'm sick and tired of hearing the crybaby moaning and groaning about us getting the second seed. We damn well earned it defeating eight teams that were ranked in the top 25 this year at one point or another. And don't have fantasies, the Griz aren't afraid of anyone. Welcome to Wash/Grizzly stadium UMass. We can't wait to get you here.

You seem to be the one doing the "crybaby moaning and groaning".

WrenFGun
November 27th, 2006, 05:27 PM
These predictions with UNH scoring 10 points seem pretty far fetched. I expect a UMass win to see them have at least 28-35 points, if not more. And they'll need it. UNH is going to put more than 10 on the board.

CamelCityYosef
November 27th, 2006, 05:28 PM
App State by 16 (or more)
Youngstown by a TD
New Hampshire in a squeaker
Montana by 10

gRiZfBaLL04
November 27th, 2006, 05:56 PM
THE GRIZ AND THE CATS HAVE TO REPRESENT MT THIS WEEKEND! REMEMBER: DONT BE TOO EAGER TO PUT DOWN THE BIG SKY CONF.:hurray:

APP STATE
MT STATE maybe=)

YSU
ISU

MONTANA
SIU

UMASS
UNH

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2460/catgrizhd1.jpg

gRiZfBaLL04
November 27th, 2006, 06:00 PM
THE GRIZ AND THE CATS HAVE TO REPRESENT MT THIS WEEKEND! REMEMBER: DONT BE TOO EAGER TO PUT DOWN THE BIG SKY CONF.:hurray:

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2460/catgrizhd1.jpg

AZGrizFan
November 27th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Appalachian State 45
Montana State 14

Illinois State 17
Youngstown State 35

Massachusetts 31
New Hampshire 10

Montana 34
Southern Illinois 10
----------------------
Appalachian State 38
youngstown State 24

Montana 35
Massachusetts 21
----------------------
Appalachian State 21
Montana 24 Field goal with less than 10 secs to play.

I will be SHOCKED if AppState puts 45 on MSU. In fact, I'd predict more of a 24-17, or 21-13 game, and it could go either way.

skinny_uncle
November 27th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Interesting that 6 of the 8 schools left have won the title before. Only UNH and Ill State have never won it.

stuperman17
November 27th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Appalachian State
Montana State...Shocker, i know, but I just have a feeling.

Illinois State
Youngstown State..I'm a YSU fan, so I'm not gonna make a comment cause it will without a doubt be bias.

Massachusetts
New Hampshire..UNH went through a rough part of the season, but does anyone remember when they were #1? Yea, they can be that good still.

Southern Illinois...Another upset. Just watch. SIU is a damn good team.
Montana

Grizalltheway
November 27th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Appalachian State

Illinois State
Youngstown State..I'm a YSU fan, so I'm not gonna make a comment cause it will without a doubt be bias.

Massachusetts
New Hampshire..UNH went through a rough part of the season, but does anyone remember when they were #1? Yea, they can be that good still.

Montana

Afraid of facing the griz in chatty, eh? :D

Peems
November 27th, 2006, 08:50 PM
[/B]

Afraid of facing the griz in chatty, eh? :D

id figure hed be more afraid of facing app.st in the next round than the griz in chatty.

CamelCityYosef
November 27th, 2006, 08:53 PM
id figure hed be more afraid of facing app.st in the next round than the griz in chatty.

maybe he's just greedy for another home game...xlolx

Grizfanatic
November 27th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I will be SHOCKED if AppState puts 45 on MSU. In fact, I'd predict more of a 24-17, or 21-13 game, and it could go either way.

I would love to agree but my gut says the Cats get rocked... I am also not putting that out there because I am a Griz fan, just a gut instinct.:(
i would love to see an all Montana NC.

GO GRIZ!

Hells Bells
November 27th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I would love to agree but my gut says the Cats get rocked... I am also not putting that out there because I am a Griz fan, just a gut instinct.:(
i would love to see an all Montana NC.

GO GRIZ!

while we are loosing our best LB in epi king, will claggett returns, along with the solid play of matthews and the best MLB in the playoffs in Daly.

im sorry i just dont see our d, with just about everybody back, playing with confidance, giving up more then 20-25 against app state.

im also sorry but app states stadium does not hold a candle to WGS or Folsom field, where we won at the last couple of years. (well ok we lost at wgs but the game was won by less then a td with a 13-7 score)

and once again a southern team gets beat in the playoffs...:hurray:

gRiZfBaLL04
November 27th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Appalachian State

Illinois State

Massachusetts

Montana

granted...SIU is a good team. but what do you think MT is?

BigSkyGrizGano
November 28th, 2006, 12:05 AM
You heard it here first:
YSU- Showed heart in comeback win
UMASS- This may just be a wish, I'd rather play them than UNH
APP ST- This game will be close, MSU will surprise them
UM- Anyone picking SIU is either a fan, or is being illogical. They are a good team and all, but a well played game by this Grizzly team will put anyone away, including the best rusher in the CS.

Mountaineer
November 28th, 2006, 12:11 AM
You heard it here first:
APP ST- This game will be close, MSU will surprise them
UM- Anyone picking SIU is either a fan, or is being illogical. They are a good team and all, but a well played game by this Grizzly team will put anyone away, including the best rusher in the CS.

This kind of stuff cracks me up. App fans are pretty much saying the same thing (in regards to MSU), yet we're getting called out on it. However, it's perfectly fine and normal for all the Griz fans talk about how great their team is and they're gonna roll SIU. :bang: :thumbsup:

SpreadtheRed
November 28th, 2006, 12:13 AM
Its gonna be a good game if both teams show up in top form.

However, being an ISU fan, im rooting for the other gateway teams (except those Blasted Penguins!) throughout the playoffs.

In his last four games, Arkee has been running wild (218, 180, 170, 207). So it should be interesting to see how he does against UM.

Grizfanatic
November 28th, 2006, 12:15 AM
im also sorry but app states stadium does not hold a candle to WGS or Folsom field, where we won at the last couple of years. (well ok we lost at wgs but the game was won by less then a td with a 13-7 score)

Nothing holds a candle to WaGriz!!

BigSkyGrizGano
November 28th, 2006, 12:18 AM
I agree that if App. St. plays well against MSU they will win, it's just the second half of their first round game (I know it was already "in the bag") that makes me think a confident MSU team could surprise them. The same is the case with UM-SIU.

mvemjsunpx
November 28th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Montana St. (8-4) @ (1)Appalachian St. (11-1)

The Bobcats should be able to handle App St.'s offense, but I don't see Montana St.'s offense doing nearly enough to win this one…

Montana St.
Appalachian St.

Illinois St. (9-3) @ (4)Youngstown St. (10-2)

These two teams are essentially mirror images of each other and they've already played once this season, so the familiarity level is high.
I see this game as essentially a pick 'em, so the Ice Castle makes the difference…

Illinois St.
Youngstown St.

New Hampshire (9-3) @ (3)Massachusetts (11-1)

New Hampshire rebounded from their late-season relative offensive slump and managed to outscore Hampton for a narrow 1st. round win.
They won't be able to score that much on UMass…

New Hampshire
Massachusetts

Southern Illinois (9-3) @ (2)Montana (11-1)

If the Griz shut down Whitlock, they win easily, especially if their offense plays like it did against McNeese.
Montana has a history of shutting down high-profile running backs, especially in the playoffs…

Southern Illinois
Montana

APPSTER
November 28th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Its amusing to me to see the Montana (UM) posters saying they would like to see an "all Montana" final in Chatty. Could it be that Montana wants to see Montana State in the final because that would mean that MSU cleared the deck for 'da Griz'? UM fans might want to rethink that one - if MSU beats Appalachian and the YSU-ISU winner, do you really think you'd want a piece of them? If UM could only muster a 6 point win at the vaunted Wa-Griz Stadium, what would happen in Chatty? Da Griz just might wish they had gone into hibernation............

Grizfanatic
November 28th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Its amusing to me to see the Montana (UM) posters saying they would like to see an "all Montana" final in Chatty. Could it be that Montana wants to see Montana State in the final because that would mean that MSU cleared the deck for 'da Griz'? UM fans might want to rethink that one - if MSU beats Appalachian and the YSU-ISU winner, do you really think you'd want a piece of them? If UM could only muster a 6 point win at the vaunted Wa-Griz Stadium, what would happen in Chatty? Da Griz just might wish they had gone into hibernation............

Or could it be that we want to see an all Montana Title game because it would be awesome? Nah that could not be it, it must be because we are scared of the other teams in that "Better" bracket... Face it UM and MSU are Montana schools and BSC, which means that many of the Griz fans will be pulling for the Cats... If they win great! If they do not then we will await whoever makes it into the title game against us!:smiley_wi

APPSTER
November 28th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Or could it be that we want to see an all Montana Title game because it would be awesome? Nah that could not be it, it must be because we are scared of the other teams in that "Better" bracket... Face it UM and MSU are Montana schools and BSC, which means that many of the Griz fans will be pulling for the Cats... If they win great! If they do not then we will await whoever makes it into the title game against us!:smiley_wi

Just saying that all that "Montana pride" might vanish real quickly if the would-be-sky-high MSU Bobcats wax your Griz in Chatty.:bawling:

elkmcc
November 28th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Just saying that all that "Montana pride" might vanish real quickly if the would-be-sky-high MSU Bobcats wax your Griz in Chatty.:bawling:

Griz fans are much too arrogant to even consider that bobs cat might best the Griz in a NC game.;)

Seriously though, from a monto viewpoint this matchup would be really exciting for the football fans from the State of Montana. On the other hand, I myself have been to a couple of unsuccessful NC games. Losing to bobs cat in an NC game would make these other losses seem trivial.

Peems
November 28th, 2006, 10:21 PM

the montana pride would disappear as soon as both teams were officially in the game.

Hells Bells
November 28th, 2006, 10:25 PM
and reappear afterwords as we all celibrate the dominance of the BSC!

Peems
November 28th, 2006, 10:28 PM
and reappear afterwords as we all celibrate the dominance of the BSC!

here here!!:beerchug:

GSUhooligan
November 28th, 2006, 10:33 PM
I don't have time to read through 15 pages, so sorry if this is the 1000th time that this pick has been made but I wanted to officially make my guess...

Montana St.
Youngstown St.
UMASS
Montana

Youngstown St.
Montana

Youngstown St.

Grizo406
November 28th, 2006, 10:50 PM
the montana pride would disappear as soon as both teams were officially in the game.

Your's might, Peems...mine won't.:twocents:

AZGrizFan
November 28th, 2006, 11:38 PM

Actually, I think most Griz fans want MSU to make a deep run just to get rid of the ridicul-ass argument that the BSC is a "weak" conference because only Montana has made a deep run or been crowned NC from the conference since 1984. Whoopdy-freaking-doo.

At least that's this Griz fan's motivation. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

APPST '93
November 29th, 2006, 05:39 AM
From what I have been reading it sounds like we should let Montana skip the next two games becuase they can't be beat. :nono:

Just like ASU, we are both very confident but could lose on any given Saturday/Friday. I do hope we play you in the finals. :smiley_wi