PDA

View Full Version : SLC Pick'em 2015 Edition

BEAR
August 3rd, 2015, 12:34 PM
Alright Southland Conference fans ( and interested fans of other conferences )...it's time to start up the annual SLC Pick'em contest.

Returning champion: REVSFA- Guy dominated this contest last year with his picks. Can anyone knock him off his throne?

Let's get down to business:

Questions:
Is there another format you would prefer?
Would each of you like to add a prize to the stash to make it awesome?! (No gambling. Winner gets title only. Extra donated prizes are a bonus.)
Other?

I will give it a week or so before I post the first games to see if anyone has suggestions, ideas, complaints, fantasies, medical problems, or hate for other posters.

Last year's format: (If I remember correctly)

1. Pick winner of game correctly. Choose wrong and you're out for that pick.
2. Choose point spread. Ex: Sam wins by 3. Failure to do so and not responding to urging to do so will disqualify you from those picks.
3. Contestant who chooses correct winner and is closest to point spread gets the "quality" point for that game.
4. In case of a tie both contestants get quality point.
5. During the last week of the regular season or thereabouts (when contestants are few) the picks will be PM'd to me so if there is a close contest the leader can't simply vote the same way as the second place contestant.
6. All picks must be in by 6 p.m. central time the day before the first game. Ex: UCA plays Samford at 6 p.m. Thursday Sept. 3rd. Picks must be in by 6 p.m. Wednesday Sept. 2nd.
7. NO changing picks for games played the Saturday after Thursday games. Ex: If UCA plays on Thursday then ALL Saturday picks must be in by 6 p.m. Wednesday.
8. Missing one weeks picks won't hurt you early on but two weeks makes it nearly impossible to catch up. Use caution.
9. The player with the least amount of quality points after week 2 will be dropped from the contest. This will continue each week. If two or more players are deemed beyond their ability to catch up quality points wise they will both be dropped. Ex. UCABEAR and REDBIRD were 8 points behind week two so UCABEAR and redbird were dropped.
10. If any contestant has a complaint I will consult with another noncontestant about course of action. All decisions by judges are final.
11. If you're not having fun with this..you're missing the point.

Correct example of how to pick:
DON'T PICK YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday Sept. 3, 2015 games:
UCA vs. Samford: UCA by 3
SELA vs. NWST: NWST by 1
ACU vs. Fresno: Fresno by 7

I will post a game template that you can simply copy and paste to your reply for the games each week. Easy.

Season starts on Sept. 3rd with 3 games. Right now i'm just looking for responses on how to run the game this season.

TheRevSFA
August 3rd, 2015, 07:42 PM
Can't wait to defend my crown

bring it bitches

Skyhawk71
August 3rd, 2015, 07:48 PM
I'm in again, Southlanders.........whatever format, I'm good with it

BEAR
August 3rd, 2015, 09:19 PM
I would like at LEAST one representative from each SLC team. More than one is better. Which school will win bragging rights? The Jacks hold the crown....who wants it?

Sammy94
August 4th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Can't wait to defend my crown

bring it bitches

I will be back to regain my crown.

TheRevSFA
August 4th, 2015, 08:52 AM
I will be back to regain my crown.

Not gonna happen my friend

Daytripper
August 4th, 2015, 09:03 AM
I'll play.

McNeese75
August 4th, 2015, 11:46 AM
The Bridesmaid is back xeyebrowx

BEAR
August 5th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Bump for any SLC fans that missed it.

1. Is there another format you'd prefer?

2. Do each of you want to put something in for the grand prize?

Rooms
August 5th, 2015, 07:42 PM
I'll join!