PDA

View Full Version : McNeese/Griz game day

DaGriz
November 25th, 2006, 12:54 PM
BigSkyTv is up and running. Pregame is on now.

thirdgendin
November 25th, 2006, 01:21 PM
McNeese makes a 42-yard FG on the opening drive to take an early 3-0 lead.

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 01:23 PM
First TD catch by a Griz Tight End all year gives Montana a 7-3 lead halfway through the first quarter.

Eaglegus2
November 25th, 2006, 01:38 PM
BigSkyTv is up and running. Pregame is on now.

What am I doing wrong? I cannot get it to work.

DaGriz
November 25th, 2006, 01:41 PM

Did you sign up? They email you the link.

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 01:43 PM

Make sure you go to your email account that you signed up with. There will be another link to take you right to game coverage.

FYI - I just saw a Griz receiver break his arm -- nastiest break I've seen since Theisman's leg on Monday Night Football.

bobcatfan06
November 25th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Yeah, that break was nasty.

And some of these commercials are horrible.

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Agree on the commercials as well. This announcer is killing me. He keeps saying MACneese State. Am I ignorant and he's actually pronouncing it correctly? Cowboy nation, please clarify.

JohnStOnge
November 25th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Gee. McNeese would be doing pretty well if it could execute center to quarterback snaps.

Seriously, though. So far they're holding up better than I thought they would.

FormerPokeCenter
November 25th, 2006, 01:58 PM
The prounounciation thing has been debated ad infinitum down here. Finally, we checked with the actual surviving descendants of John McNeese and they prefer for it to be pronounced "Mack Niece"....

So, MacNeese works for us....

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 02:01 PM
The prounounciation thing has been debated ad infinitum down here. Finally, we checked with the actual surviving descendants of John McNeese and they prefer for it to be pronounced "Mack Niece"....

So, MacNeese works for us....

Thanks for the clarification. I'll stop letting it bother me then. Tight game. Those roll out patterns are working well for the Cowboys, the Griz D needs start tackling better.

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Nice Defensive stand by McNeese with first and goal - kept the Griz to a FG. Score:
Montana 10
McNeese 6

~ 4 minutes left in first half.

blackfordpu
November 25th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Is anyone else watching on Bigskytv.com? I can't get it to work.

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Is anyone else watching on Bigskytv.com? I can't get it to work.

Watching it with a nice clear feed. Make sure your computer meets all the requirements. If so, click on the link they send to your email account.

Score update:
Montana 17
McNeese 6

less than 30 seconds left in the first half.

blackfordpu
November 25th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Watching it with a nice clear feed. Make sure your computer meets all the requirements. If so, click on the link they send to your email account.

Score update:
Montana 17
McNeese 6

less than 30 seconds left in the first half.

It will not let me see the game. It tells me to click a button to accept terms but there is no button. :(

GrizFamily
November 25th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Nice drive to end the half there by the Griz. McTeam is as tough as they always are. I expected them to play us tough.

GrizFamily
November 25th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Bummer. I have it and it's not bad actually.

Zoo
November 25th, 2006, 02:35 PM
This has been a really good game, I think that this is going to go down to the wire.

JohnStOnge
November 25th, 2006, 02:37 PM
When playing a superior team you have to hope that the other team makes mistakes and you minimize them. McNeese is not doing that. The Griz do have a turnover but McNeese has absolutely killed itself with botched center/quarterback exchanges and false start penalties.

The performance of the offense against a highly ranked defense has been encouraging in one way, but the high incidence of errors taking them out of good down and distance situations and putting them into bad ones is not. I guess the false starts might be accounted for by crowd noise...but mishandled center/qb exchanges are totally unforced errors.

I'm still encouraged for the future though because they are playing pretty well physically.

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 02:37 PM
This has been a really good game, I think that this is going to go down to the wire.

Unfortunately I think you are correct, which isn't good for my blood pressure.xlolx

JohnStOnge
November 25th, 2006, 02:39 PM

I'd have more hope of that if the Griz hadn't scored just before halftime. It's the kind of game where McNeese's hope lies with its ability to move the ball because its defense is having serious problems. Now Montana has an 11 point lead and gets the ball to start the second half.

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2006, 02:40 PM
It will not let me see the game. It tells me to click a button to accept terms but there is no button. :(

Highlight the text to scroll. It's there.

blackfordpu
November 25th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Highlight the text to scroll. It's there.

Thanks, I got it. It is half time now right? I just see advertisements.

JohnStOnge
November 25th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Once again: Five yards on first down to get into second and five then a penalty to make it second and 10. Assuming McNeese doesn't win this game I sure hope they find some way to do something about all the penalties before next season.

Griz40
November 25th, 2006, 03:42 PM
#12 for mcneese needs to be tossed!!!!!!!!

GrizDen
November 25th, 2006, 03:46 PM
#12 for mcneese needs to be tossed!!!!!!!!

Yeah. I would have liked to have seen Hauck call a timeout there just to make sure he confirms with his players that there should be no retaliation. Keep your heads boys, we're going to the second round!!

JohnStOnge
November 25th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Well, McNeese definitely needs to get better on defense before next season. They went into this game rated 86th in rushing defense and it showed. Also, they need to do something about the penalties. They went into the game as the second most penalized team in the subdivision and that showed too.

blukeys
November 25th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Well, McNeese definitely needs to get better on defense before next season. They went into this game rated 86th in rushing defense and it showed. Also, they need to do something about the penalties. They went into the game as the second most penalized team in the subdivision and that showed too.

How much of the penalty situation can be layed at the doorstep of the prior administration?

Seems this has been a problem for a while.

Prominent0ne
November 25th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Even after today, I feel like McNeese is on the right track. Sure was a whole lot of turmoil to get through this season and a lot of people would have never thought that they would be in the playoffs. hopefully we can get to bringing in the all staters again on the defensive side of the ball in recruiting and we should be fine with Coach Viator.

Defense will be something that needs to be fixed, but I'm not blaming them at all. The refs let the Griz get away with alot of holding during the game and I've never seen such a dominant game by the OL in a long time. (Even without the holding:thumbsup: ) That was a great game by that line.

congrats....but remember this.

We'll be back. It's 3-3.

putter
November 25th, 2006, 04:16 PM
I was impressed with McNeese's team speed! The Griz were just able to keep your offense off the field. For what it is worth, that is the best the offense has played in weeks..

putter
November 25th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Even after today, I feel like McNeese is on the right track. Sure was a whole lot of turmoil to get through this season and a lot of people would have never thought that they would be in the playoffs. hopefully we can get to bringing in the all staters again on the defensive side of the ball in recruiting and we should be fine with Coach Viator.

Defense will be something that needs to be fixed, but I'm not blaming them at all. The refs let the Griz get away with alot of holding during the game and I've never seen such a dominant game by the OL in a long time. (Even without the holding:thumbsup: ) That was a great game by that line.

congrats....but remember this.

We'll be back. It's 3-3.

Lots of holding on both sides, which happens every game. With everything that team had to go through this year they have nothing to hang their heads about (too bad about the punch, not a good way to end the game). Hope all the fans that came up to Missoula enjoyed their stay and were treated well.

Cleets
November 25th, 2006, 04:39 PM
The refs let the Griz get away with alot of holding during the game and I've never seen such a dominant game by the OL in a long time. (Even without the holding:thumbsup: ) That was a great game by that line.

Um,
well actually...
McNeese looked like they were holding on OL more than Montana to me?

However, I would make that claim too if my D-fence was getting gashed for over 500 yards (Yikes) I'm tuning into the other internet games, this one is over...

Go Umass

Go Lowly Montana State

Go Coastal

Go Eastern Ill

Zoo
November 25th, 2006, 04:52 PM

I was totally wrong.xlolx

Prominent0ne
November 25th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Lots of holding on both sides, which happens every game.

Sure it was both sides, but a WHOLE lot more on the Montana side. The officiating was terrible. I'm not making excuses because I'm sure it would not have made a difference, but it could've slowed down the momentum early when montana fumbled the ball into the endzone.

My mother could've made that call and she barely watches football.

Again, congrats on the win.

We'll be back.

Cleets
November 25th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Sure it was both sides, but a WHOLE lot more on the Montana side. The officiating was terrible. I'm not making excuses because I'm sure it would not have made a difference, but it could've slowed down the momentum early when montana fumbled the ball into the endzone.

My mother could've made that call and she barely watches football.

Again, congrats on the win.

We'll be back.
:bawling:

xidiotx Why is it when a team loses it's always bad officiating and when they win it's a hard fought well deserved victory?

Montana beat the Cr@p out of McNeese (period) and could have scored at will in the 4th Quarter (at will) but treated McNeese with dignity and respect - while McNeese players were taking punches at Montana players

I watched this game - closely (Go Umass)

Prominent0ne
November 25th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Did I not say that I wasn't making excuses? Read into it a little bit better and stop taking what I say out of context. I distinctly said that it would have not made a difference anyhow because Montana was a better team today. There's a HUGE difference between making excuses and making observations. You were pulling for the Griz anyhow, so why would I expect you to see what I was talking about?

FormerPokeCenter
November 25th, 2006, 05:40 PM
The Montana offensive line is very well coached. They have great blocking schemes, they have good footwork AND they know how to use their hands to great advantage, both legally AND illegally.

When a unit can use their hands that effectively and not get flagged for it, it's pretty clear that the technique has been coached.

I don't know that the holding calls would have changed the outcome of the game, because the Montana offensive line was controlling the line of scrimmage, without the illegal use of hands....

The line judge did a terrible job.

Congrats to Montana and good luck the rest of the way....

GrizFamily
November 25th, 2006, 05:55 PM
I knew McTeam would play us tough even on the frozen turf of WA Griz. Great comeback this year Cowboys. You're team played well. Your fans represented the program very well in Missoula. Great year.

Tod
November 25th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Um,
well actually...
McNeese looked like they were holding on OL more than Montana to me?

However, I would make that claim too if my D-fence was getting gashed for over 500 yards (Yikes) I'm tuning into the other internet games, this one is over...

Go Umass

Go Lowly Montana State

Go Coastal

Go Eastern Ill

"Lowly"? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xidiotx xidiotx

JohnStOnge
November 25th, 2006, 06:41 PM
How much of the penalty situation can be layed at the doorstep of the prior administration?

I hope a lot was due to the past administration because I'd sure like to see it go away next season.

grizbeer
November 25th, 2006, 07:06 PM
The only thing I can say about the officiating is that I had no complaints today, which probably means McNeese had reason to bitchxlolx xlolx

Seriously, Mcneese had great team speed, and it was a great game, Macteam has plenty good to look forward too, a lot of talent on that team.

fencer24
November 25th, 2006, 08:46 PM
I thought that the refs were blind to a lot of holding by McNeese as well. Several of McNeese's gains were due to a Cowboy hanging onto the waist of the Griz defender. But after reviewing the comments from the McNeese fans, maybe they just called both sides the same way.

JohnStOnge
November 25th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I thought that the refs were blind to a lot of holding by McNeese as well. Several of McNeese's gains were due to a Cowboy hanging onto the waist of the Griz defender. But after reviewing the comments from the McNeese fans, maybe they just called both sides the same way.

I think that officials let a lot more holding go in the playoffs. That's been my impression over the years. My guess is that it's the "let 'em play, we don't want the officials to affect the game" mentality. I don't like it. Just like I don't like officials in any sport changing the way they call things due to the situation in the game (I think that happens a lot in basketball).

Retro
November 25th, 2006, 09:08 PM
:bawling:

xidiotx Why is it when a team loses it's always bad officiating and when they win it's a hard fought well deserved victory?

Montana beat the Cr@p out of McNeese (period) and could have scored at will in the 4th Quarter (at will) but treated McNeese with dignity and respect - while McNeese players were taking punches at Montana players

I watched this game - closely (Go Umass)

Why is it, that there is always some newbie that comes on here and runs his mouth and bad mouth the losing team he knows nothing about and tries to say the losing teams fans are making excuses..

No one on here is making excuses for mcneese.. Montana controlled the line of scrimmage and thus the game... The officiating was bad, probably for both teams at least on holding calls.. Yes, one mcneese player did show frustration late, but that's a first for him ever.

Ronbo
November 25th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Actually no one got mad at the "no punch". It looked like a swing and a miss. One little girl behind me asked her Dad, "Daddy if he hit that players facemask wouldn't it hurt his hand?"

Cleets
November 26th, 2006, 11:49 AM
"Lowly"? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xidiotx xidiotx

Um,
That's kind of a joke, as I fully expected them to win - even with all the bad press - because they are a physical hard hitting warhorse of a team

they will give App.State all they could ask for, I expect it to be close for 3 quarters (very close)

KNUTS
November 26th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Hurricane Griz baby!!! i think it was a category 6.

Peems
November 26th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Hurricane Griz baby!!! i think it was a category 6.

not funny: smh : :nonono2:

KNUTS
November 26th, 2006, 03:46 PM
not funny sorry i wont tell my levy joke then.