PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross Drops Veteran Announcer

DFW HOYA
July 31st, 2015, 07:57 PM
Bob Fouracre has called HC football games since 1971. But not in 2015. In a youth movement, they are replacing the 77 year old with a 67 year old.

"“Was I pushed out? Yes,” Fouracre said. “Do I feel like I was pushed out? No."

http://www.telegram.com/article/20150731/SPORTS/150739812/101360/NEWS

Sader87
August 1st, 2015, 12:36 AM
Mr E's ("Mr Entertainment" to long-time listeners) game has dropped somewhat ovah the years but Fouracre was/is an institution at Holy Cross. I am 50 years old (young) but have known no other "voice of Holy Cross" football/basketball" in my entire rooting life starting as a young boy as I am the son of a Holy Cross alumnus as well.

Fouracre has to have the longest longevity of any FCS football school radio/TV announcer.....right?

RichH2
August 1st, 2015, 07:03 AM
Happens. Heard him do play by play a few times. A character for sure. For Cross fans,whateverv his ability he was theirs. His style and voice brought you home to Cross sports.

caribbeanhen
August 1st, 2015, 07:18 AM
Happens. Heard him do play by play a few times. A character for sure. For Cross fans,whateverv his ability he was theirs. His style and voice brought you home to Cross sports.

it's a shame characters are not allowed anymore, What ever happend to Bunker and Jefferson?

RichH2
August 1st, 2015, 08:50 AM
it's a shame characters are not allowed anymore, What ever happend to Bunker and Jefferson?
The era of PC gas succeeded in only in robbing society of any perspective of itself. Too many have no idea how to laugh at themselves ir actually listen to anyone who might seem to be different than themselves,smh

Go...gate
August 1st, 2015, 10:17 PM
Sorry to hear about this.

clenz
August 1st, 2015, 11:01 PM
He must be supportive of the playoffs...

Sorry, I'll leave the thread alone now

Go Green
August 2nd, 2015, 06:38 AM
The era of PC gas succeeded in only in robbing society of any perspective of itself. Too many have no idea how to laugh at themselves ir actually listen to anyone who might seem to be different than themselves,smh

Jerry Seinfeld approves this message.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/06/06/the-reason-why-jerry-seinfeld-wont-perform-on-college-campuses/

Lehigh Football Nation
August 2nd, 2015, 11:08 AM
Bob F. was an institution concerning the radio broadcasts at HC. He will be missed, even if he, um, didn't always get Lehigh's jersey numbers right.

DFW HOYA
August 2nd, 2015, 08:28 PM
With Fouracre gone, who is the longest serving announcer of the four other schools?

(Fordham runs student announcers on WFUV so they wouldn't count, and Georgetown has no radio coverage.)

Sader87
August 2nd, 2015, 09:10 PM
With Fouracre gone, who is the longest serving announcer of the four other schools?

(Fordham runs student announcers on WFUV so they wouldn't count, and Georgetown has no radio coverage.)

Probably that douchenozzle Birdsong at Bucknell.....

tomq04
August 3rd, 2015, 11:30 AM
Larry Weir has done 25 years at EWU, not sure what that is worth...but I sure do like him.

chattownmocs
August 3rd, 2015, 12:12 PM
Jim Reynolds is entering his 36th season as voice of the mocs. He's fairly young still. Many years to go. Congrats to Mr. Fouracre on a long career.

chattanoogamocs
August 3rd, 2015, 10:49 PM
Jim Reynolds is entering his 36th season as voice of the mocs. He's fairly young still. Many years to go. Congrats to Mr. Fouracre on a long career.

J.R. just turned 60 this year...he still has kids to put through college, so he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. :)

Reynolds is the Dean of SoCon announcers and has called close to 1,500 football/basketball games for the Mocs.

Personally, I hope he makes it to at least 50 years calling the Mocs.