PDA

View Full Version : 2015 OVC

eiu1999
July 31st, 2015, 01:16 PM
Any other OVC posters around, let's here about your team and expectations.

Media Poll is below

Order of Finish
1. Jacksonville State (16) 128
2. EASTERN ILLINOIS 107
3. Eastern Kentucky (2) 106
4. UT Martin 78
5. Tennessee State 66
6. Southeast Missouri 63
7. Tennessee Tech 45
8. Murray State 38
9. Austin Peay 17
(first place votes in parenthesis)

Bam
July 31st, 2015, 01:35 PM
If EKU can get some consistent QB play WATCH out! Defense will be strong. Best RB in FCS (without a rap sheet). Tough road schedule.

eiu1999
July 31st, 2015, 01:50 PM
If EKU can get some consistent QB play WATCH out! Defense will be strong. Best RB in FCS (without a rap sheet). Tough road schedule.

Agreed on that RB.

Cocky
July 31st, 2015, 07:00 PM
If the injury bug isnt as bad this year as last, we should be decent.

TTUEagles
July 31st, 2015, 09:50 PM
TECH will be terrible. If so, the coach will blame it (again) on injuries... And, I will continue to enjoy the sweet freedom of not giving a damn, like I did last year.

eiu1999
July 31st, 2015, 10:00 PM
EIU's defense will be better than it has in a while. Offense not so much.

Skyhawk71
July 31st, 2015, 11:11 PM
UTM will have to survive Ole Miss and Arkansas to finish funding the new stadium, that will host 4 home games in 2016 as we need to play 3 G5 games to make up for not playing an SEC game; after that it will go like always- upset one of the BIG 3, yet lose a game that shouldn't even be close to a random- dear lord don't let that be the Peay- after that finish 3rd or 4th yet again, and fans will be like at least we don't suck like back in the day.......and that my AGS friends is another season in the middle of the middle of nowhere- GO SKYHAWKS!!!xdrunkyx

eiu1999
August 1st, 2015, 07:44 PM
UTM will have to survive Ole Miss and Arkansas to finish funding the new stadium, that will host 4 home games in 2016 as we need to play 3 G5 games to make up for not playing an SEC game; after that it will go like always- upset one of the BIG 3, yet lose a game that shouldn't even be close to a random- dear lord don't let that be the Peay- after that finish 3rd or 4th yet again, and fans will be like at least we don't suck like back in the day.......and that my AGS friends is another season in the middle of the middle of nowhere- GO SKYHAWKS!!!xdrunkyx

How is the stadium coming?

eiu1999
August 3rd, 2015, 08:48 AM
If the injury bug isnt as bad this year as last, we should be decent.

"decent"?

Skyhawk71
August 3rd, 2015, 07:53 PM
How is the stadium coming?

Allegedly start after last home game and be done for the 2016 season, we shall see........

OSRacer
August 3rd, 2015, 10:49 PM
I believe that Murray State finishes in the top 4....we have been bad, but think we have the talent to be more competitive than is expected. Ready for football season....

eiu1999
August 3rd, 2015, 11:01 PM
Allegedly start after last home game and be done for the 2016 season, we shall see........

Is it a complete teardown?

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the Murray State finishes in the top 4....we have been bad, but think we have the talent to be more competitive than is expected. Ready for football season....

Good luck this season

Skyhawk71
August 4th, 2015, 04:37 AM
West side, east side is nice

eiu1999
August 4th, 2015, 08:28 AM
EIU's stadium plans are on hold, funding issues.

superman7515
August 4th, 2015, 08:29 AM
EIU's stadium plans are on hold, funding issues.

Welcome to the club. Ten years and waiting.

ekufbfan
August 4th, 2015, 09:11 AM
EKU's has started, :):) target date for completion of what was the visitor side (bleachers) I think is Fall 2016. Then the plan is to completely revamp the concrete structure that everyone makes fun of, not sure exactly how that will be done. Guess tear it down, have seen one Rendering of the stadium once it is finished, I don't think it has been released online anywhere. If and when it's completed in its entirety it will be very nice.

ekufbfan
August 4th, 2015, 09:19 AM
EKU this season? I think we have the players to be very good. Tough road trip schedule. North Carolina State and UK (hate playing them!) and then Jax State and EIU at their house. I think our season will depend on coaching, two new coaches with some experience, we needed help there badly! Coaching has cost us games (playoff game a coaching disaster last year!).

eiu1999
August 4th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Welcome to the club. Ten years and waiting.

5 years already here.

OSRacer
August 5th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Looking like the conference is going to be loaded. JSU is the team to beat as they will likely have the most talented team in the conference. EIU should be very good (Big Kim Dameron fan here) with UTM and EKU right there close. SEMO in its second year with a new coach should be competitive after a good start last years and Murray is breaking in a brand new coach after Hatcher greatly underachieved. After many years of futility it is good to be able to talk about the conference with a little pride.