PDA

View Full Version : Furman Kicker

PaladinFan
July 28th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Yes. A post about a kicker. Furman's Jon Croft Hollingsworth doing some trick shots. Thought it was worth sharing.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13332855

FUBeAR
July 28th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Yes. A post about a kicker. Furman's Jon Croft Hollingsworth doing some trick shots. Thought it was worth sharing.

The 'Narrator" @ 0:17 said "...Just tore his right ACL" - Should FU guys REALLY be joking about injuries like that after last season's carnage? I know with the googolplex of words that you have written about FU's injuries since the beginning of last season, you HAD to cringe when you heard him say that!

BisonFan02
July 28th, 2015, 07:11 PM
furman sucks

:D

PaladinFan
July 28th, 2015, 08:08 PM
The 'Narrator" @ 0:17 said "...Just tore his right ACL" - Should FU guys REALLY be joking about injuries like that after last season's carnage? I know with the googolplex of words that you have written about FU's injuries since the beginning of last season, you HAD to cringe when you heard him say that!

I'm not that superstitious. I do imagine though that had the duo thought they would be on the front page of ESPN's website, the commentary would be better and Hollingsworth would have worn a shirt.

walliver
July 29th, 2015, 09:39 AM
furman sucks

:D

At least someone is filling in for Citdog's slack while he mourns the removal of the flag of the Army of Tennessee from the Confederate Soldiers Memorial.

OL FU
July 29th, 2015, 09:51 AM
At least someone is filling in for Citdog's slack while he mourns the removal of the flag of the Army of Tennessee from the Confederate Soldiers Memorial.

and as much as I appreciate the efforts of BisonFan02, it isn't quite the same:)

BisonFan02
July 29th, 2015, 10:00 AM

and as much as I appreciate the efforts of BisonFan02, it isn't quite the same:)

Someone had to do it...... xlolx

ElonFirefighter
July 29th, 2015, 10:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK81Ej5hm8s

Toby
July 29th, 2015, 10:49 AM

Some good pub for Furman on ESPN site! Glad to see Furman stepping up their PR.

FUBeAR
July 29th, 2015, 11:02 AM

I see what you did there :D

PaladinFan
July 29th, 2015, 11:21 AM

Not sure of the sarcasm level, but I do not think Furman did anything differently than they normally do. The football page re-tweeted it, but that only went to their followers. Looks like a couple of local beat writers and students did the same, which is how I think ESPN got a hold of it.

If a couple of guys goofing around on the football field can get us the front page of ESPN, imagine what we could do with Mercer's carefully orchestrated twitter storms :)

knucklehead
July 29th, 2015, 06:16 PM
Very nice... but I like these 2 better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D15gPtGn-pM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn_20D9o_yQ

Toby
July 30th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Not sure of the sarcasm level, but I do not think Furman did anything differently than they normally do. The football page re-tweeted it, but that only went to their followers. Looks like a couple of local beat writers and students did the same, which is how I think ESPN got a hold of it.

If a couple of guys goofing around on the football field can get us the front page of ESPN, imagine what we could do with Mercer's carefully orchestrated twitter storms :)

No sarcasm intended. It is good PR.

APaladindad
August 5th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I hope our Field goal kicking is greatly improved this year and our offense can get us in field goal range!

PaladinFan
August 6th, 2015, 07:45 AM
I hope our Field goal kicking is greatly improved this year and our offense can get us in field goal range!

FG kicking was one of the major differences between 2013 and 2014 for Furman. Furman was not particularly strong on offense in 2013, and was demonstrably worse in 2014.

One of the big reasons was kicking. Ray Early was successful on 80% of his field goals, and was virtually automatic inside of 40 yards (14 of 16). That does wonders for a struggling offense. Furman didn't have to score touchdowns, but they could build a lead simply by getting close to the red zone. Takes a lot of pressure off knowing you can get points from distance.

Hollingsworth started off strong against GWU and Mercer. He started to scuffle as the season wore on. Furman needs consistency out of him this year.

citdog
August 6th, 2015, 10:28 AM
furman sucks

PAllen
August 6th, 2015, 10:59 AM
Very nice... but I like these 2 better.

The first one is wide left on an NFL field.

APaladindad
August 11th, 2015, 11:15 PM
furman sucks
I am surprised you have time to post. I thought you would be out looking for a new spot to bury Nathan Bedford Forrest!
On July 7 the Memphis City Council voted unanimously to exhume the body of Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest from its 110 year resting place and move it to another location.The body of Forrest’s wife will be exhumed as well.
According to Local Memphis (http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d/story/council-votes-to-move-nathan-bedford-forrests-rema/12440/x-aa6bzx80iy91LMR_yQ-g), the council voted to exhume Forrest’s remains from Health Sciences Park on Union Avenue. They plan to sell a statue of Forrest as well–they are thinking of “selling the statue to anyone who wants it.”
Forrest was a businessman who become wealthy in the cotton trade prior to the Civil War. He abandoned that to fight federal forces once the war commenced, eventually becoming a lieutenant general in the Confederate Army. He was known for waging brutal warfare against federal forces in Mississippi and Tennessee.
The Forrest family has made clear that they are “solidly opposed to digging up the graves and moving them any place.” They are opposed to moving the statue as well.
Some believe the Memphis City Council vote is another example of the anti-Confederacy hysteria that swept parts of the country after a photo surfaced of alleged Charleston gunman Dylann Roof posing with a Confederate flag. But city council member Janis Fullilove asked if the move has something to do with a rumored “$500 million [University of Tennessee] expansion” that would use the land where Forrest is currently buried.

citdog
August 12th, 2015, 12:41 AM
Only someone who has no class would exhalt at the desecration of a grave or send a son to furman.

Toby
August 14th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Only someone who has no class would exhalt at the desecration of a grave or send a son to furman.

I was going to suggest that I wouldn't be messing with the ghost of NBF and that payback was hell, but it is Memphis. I'm not sure the ghost or curse of NBF can do any more damage than the citizens of Memphis have already done to themselves.