PDA

View Full Version : SLC Opening Week Betting Lines: Who Beats the Spread?

Catatonic
July 27th, 2015, 05:27 PM
UCA @ Samford -4. I am going with UCA in this one.

SELA -2 1/2 @ Northwestern St. SELA wins and covers the spread

TAMU-Kingsville @ UIW -12 1/2 UIW covers

Northern Arizona @ SFA -8 1/2 SFA wins. UNA beats the line.

Bacone College @ Lamar -50 1/2 Lamar covers.

Bethany @ HBU -27 1/2 HBU covers.

ACU @ Fresno St -21 ACU beats the spread. Fresno probably wins but don't count ACU out.

McNeese @ LSU -39 May the Lord have mercy on McNeese. No repeat of last year's close game with Nebraska. McNeese beats the line but LSU wins big.

Sam Houston @ Texas Tech -14 Sam beats the line and may well win the game.

Daytripper
July 27th, 2015, 05:32 PM
UCA @ Samford -4. I am going with UCA in this one.

SELA -2 1/2 @ Northwestern St. SELA wins and covers the spread

Northern Arizona @ SFA -8 1/2 SFA wins. UNA beats the line.

Bacone College @ Lamar -50 1/2 Lamar covers.

Bethany @ HBU -27 1/2 HBU covers.

ACU @ Fresno St -21 ACU beats the spread. Fresno probably wins but don't count ACU out.

McNeese @ LSU -39 May the Lord have mercy on McNeese. No repeat of last year's close game with Nebraska. McNeese beats the line but LSU wins big.

Sam Houston @ Texas Tech -14 Sam beats the line and may well win the game.

I agree with most, but..

I think SFA actually wins and McNeese does not cover.

Catatonic
July 27th, 2015, 05:42 PM
I agree with most, but..

I think SFA actually wins and McNeese does not cover.

I agree that SFA wins, just by less than the spread. McNeese...well, call it a sympathy vote to beat the line....I'm not putting any actual dollars on it :D

Daytripper
July 27th, 2015, 05:54 PM
I agree that SFA wins, just by less than the spread. McNeese...well, call it a sympathy vote to beat the line....I'm not putting any actual dollars on it :D

Oh, I thought Northern Arizona was -8 1/2. I'll take SFA to win and cover.

BEAR
July 27th, 2015, 09:22 PM
So Samford is a favorite by 4 points. Let's see, you get 3 points by virtue of home field advantage. That leaves a single point. Can anyone say close game?

Catatonic
July 28th, 2015, 03:04 AM
So Samford is a favorite by 4 points. Let's see, you get 3 points by virtue of home field advantage. That leaves a single point. Can anyone say close game?

Yup. Should be a very good game.

Sammy94
July 28th, 2015, 01:50 PM

TAMU-Kingsville has a new coach that was the OC at Colorado State Pueblo the past 2 seasons. This game may be close.

BEAR
July 28th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Yup. Should be a very good game.

I can't wait to see my old friend and your now head coach when you guys come to UCA. It's been a while!

BEAR
July 28th, 2015, 02:20 PM
UCA @ Samford -4. Bears offense overwhelms. Bears by 14.

SELA -2 1/2 @ Northwestern St. Demons pull the upset!

TAMU-Kingsville @ UIW -12 1/2 UIW falls to the king.

Northern Arizona @ SFA -8 1/2 SFA wins. Conque I and Conque II win.

Bacone College @ Lamar -50 1/2 Lamar eats bacon.

Bethany @ HBU -27 1/2 HBU wins easily.

ACU @ Fresno St -21 ACU wins. Coach has too many bags of tricks.

McNeese @ LSU -39 A big ole' bowl of whoop...LSU doesn't cover though.

Sam Houston @ Texas Tech -14 Sam beats the line and destroys the Dead Red.

SU DOG
July 28th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Wait a minute Bear. First you conceded that your win might have to be at home NEXT year, then you posted about a close game, and now it's UCA by 14? LOL What has happened lately? Bears get a big time xfer or something? Bears by 14???????????????????

BEAR
July 28th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Wait a minute Bear. First you conceded that your win might have to be at home NEXT year, then you posted about a close game, and now it's UCA by 14? LOL What has happened lately? Bears get a big time xfer or something? Bears by 14???????????????????

It depends on what mood I'm in. I look at your team and see talent. Then I predict you win. Then I go to an afternoon practice and I predict a close game. Then I watch the new recruits HUDL videos and we blow you out. xlolx

Catatonic
July 28th, 2015, 03:13 PM
TAMU-Kingsville has a new coach that was the OC at Colorado State Pueblo the past 2 seasons. This game may be close.

As you may recall from your experience last year, it takes a little time for players to learn a new system. xcoffeex

TheRevSFA
July 28th, 2015, 04:42 PM
As you may recall from your experience last year, it takes a little time for players to learn a new system. xcoffeex

Ouch

Catatonic
July 28th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Ouch

That probably sounded snarkier than I intended. I think most Sam fans would agree that they were still learning a new coach and system early in the season and struggled a bit. Unfortunately for us, we played them after they were on a roll.

Daytripper
July 29th, 2015, 09:12 AM
It doesn't matter how much talent a team has. If a new coach brings in a new system, there will be a learning curve and it could be ugly early on....see >>> CSU-Pueblo.