PDA

View Full Version : ESPN not doing it again

Old Cat Fan
November 24th, 2006, 05:10 PM
For the second straight year ESPN does not give any mention to the first round playoff game that they will be covering on ESPN2. This year JMU YOUNG STATE last year (I think it was) UNH COLGATE.Mainly the thing that bothers me the most is during the games on Thanksgiving night and today there is no verbal promotion or even worst nothing about the game on the scroll at the bottom of the picture. They will have scores ,times and dates of all the upcoming televised games for Saturday and future bowl games but do not promote a game that will be on there own nationaly televised ESPN 2. Now don't get me wrong I'm very happy that they are covering the games and this is petty stuff, but just can't figure out why you wouldn't promote you're own product. Just another example of no respect..:(

BlueHen86
November 24th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Didn't ESPN news cover the playoff draw last Sunday morning? I couldn't get to a TV until the evening and the ESPN scroller completely omitted the playoff pairings. It was newsworthy enough to cover it, but not enough to report it afterwards.

DB_Atlantic10
November 24th, 2006, 06:40 PM
For the second straight year ESPN does not give any mention to the first round playoff game that they will be covering on ESPN2. This year JMU YOUNG STATE last year (I think it was) UNH COLGATE.Mainly the thing that bothers me the most is during the games on Thanksgiving night and today there is no verbal promotion or even worst nothing about the game on the scroll at the bottom of the picture. They will have scores ,times and dates of all the upcoming televised games for Saturday and future bowl games but do not promote a game that will be on there own nationaly televised ESPN 2. Now don't get me wrong I'm very happy that they are covering the games and this is petty stuff, but just can't figure out why you wouldn't promote you're own product. Just another example of no respect..:( Although the game is covered, it's not in ESPN's best interest to pull any draw away from the larger BCS games.. Unless there is a plays of the week performance....then a scroll is all we get....

mainejeff
November 24th, 2006, 06:42 PM
And I thought that things would change after I-AA became "CS". : smh :

:cool:

skinny_uncle
November 24th, 2006, 06:48 PM
During the ESPN2 telecast of the SIU-Minnesota game today, the announcer (Gottlieb, I think) did mention that SIU would be playing in the IAA playoffs tomorrow against Tenn-Martin. I'm glad they have an announcer that knows the playoffs exist.
:smiley_wi

UNCBears2010
November 24th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Honestly, does ESPN want to draw anybody away from USC-Notre Dame? No, so the ESPN and ESPN2 games on tomorrow night won't get any promos.

DB_Atlantic10
November 24th, 2006, 07:17 PM
With the many media types begging play-offs for the big boys....how is it going to look with our new sported Name NCAA Div-I Football Championship Sub-Division First round round play-offs on ESPN2.... To us football types, we immediately know the difference...but what about the other 20 million viewers that only know IA and I-AA.... now that could really bring a pause or two on quite a few remotes.....:eek:

FlyYtown
November 24th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Who cares... Most are gonna watch ND-USC anyways, they don't need to promote the I-AA Playoffs!

DB_Atlantic10
November 24th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Who cares... Most are gonna watch ND-USC anyways, they don't need to promote the I-AA Playoffs! THen why don't you stay at home and watch it then... keep the boards updated if you like...xidiotx

FlyYtown
November 24th, 2006, 07:48 PM
THen why don't you stay at home and watch it then... keep the boards updated if you like...xidiotx
Fans that like I-AA and/or like YSU or wanna see YSU play will watch it, that's it..

It will be 80% USC-ND and 20% the other 2 games on tv at that time.....
YSU is playing Ohio State in B-Ball tonight on ESPN-Plus and we are getting all the press we need!

PantherRob82
November 25th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Fans that like I-AA and/or like YSU or wanna see YSU play will watch it, that's it..

It will be 80% USC-ND and 20% the other 2 games on tv at that time.....
YSU is playing Ohio State in B-Ball tonight on ESPN-Plus and we are getting all the press we need!

That game didn't go as well as I hoped for YSU. : smh :