PDA

View Full Version : Unknown/Newcomer players to watch in 2015

BisonFan02
July 26th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Kinda a piggyback off of the AA listings. Put all of the guys here that wouldn't make any type of preseason watch list (redshirts and true freshmen...transfers...etc.) but may make a splash this upcoming season.

BisonFan02
July 26th, 2015, 10:01 PM
NDSU:

RFr RB Lance Dunn
-This dude is going to be a player for NDSU. Currently in a logjam at RB with Frazier/Morlock, but I think he is going to earn the feature back position sometime this season (maybe even early). If healthy, I think he surpasses Crockett all time at NDSU.

Soph TE Jeff Illies
-Another logjam position at TE, but I think Jeff is going to see a lot more action this season. He has been more of a hybrid TE/WR, but he has put on some good weight to be a 4 down TE. He was a liability blocking previously, but it appears he will see more snaps now with improvement in that facet of the game.

RFr WR Khayvon Hawkins
-Will the Bison strike gold again with another FR or RFr WR like they did last year with RJ Urzendowski? Hawkins looks the part and the Bison need another threat downfield outside of Vraa and RJ. Wentz is also very capable of hitting these guys in stride...who's going to step up?

SFA 93
July 26th, 2015, 10:34 PM
RB:#34
Jordan Martinez
5-11
Fr.
** (Rivals)

Don't know if he will redshirt or not, but Martinez ran for almost 6,000 yards and 100 TDs during his prep career at Grandview. Rushed for a school record 436 yards and 10 TDs in a single game. I have to see this kid play.

LB:#39
Chance Barney
6-1
So.
** (247Sports) #90 ILB
GP:13;TKL:24;TFL:2.5;SCK:0.0;FF:1;FR:3;PD:1

Limited playing time behind All-SLC Sr. linebacker Collin Garrett who has now graduated. Started the last two games of the regular season when Garrett went out with an injury and made the best of it posting 9 tackles (1.5 TFL) in the game against Northwestern State. Barney is a real punisher with great vision on the field, as he always seems to be in on the play. He is also only one of two returning players at linebacker for the Jacks.

DE:#99
Mitchell Zimmerle
6-3
So.

GP:13;TKL:14;TFL:5.5;SCK:2.0;FF:1;FR:0;PD:0

Had his first start in the game against Sam Houston State in which he deflected a pass near the Bearkats goal line that was returned for a TD. Will start on the front four for the Jacks in the up coming season as a So.

RichH2
July 26th, 2015, 11:20 PM
Dom Bragalone RB. 5"11 205 ,4704 rushing in his senior year. Penn Class A POY in his junior and senior seasons.

caribbeanhen
July 27th, 2015, 12:00 AM
Dom Bragalone RB. 5"11 205 ,4704 rushing in his senior year. Penn Class A POY in his junior and senior seasons.

interesting player, hard to guage due lower level of HS he played in

clenz
July 27th, 2015, 07:14 AM
All of them.

Why?

Prove to me why they shouldn't and I'll show you why they should.

Also, none of them.

What have they shown so far?

McNeese72
July 27th, 2015, 07:56 AM
Isaiah Golden DT 6'2" 300lbs

Kent Shelby WR 6'3" 205lbs (if he is completely healed from his knee surgery)

BEAR
July 27th, 2015, 08:49 AM
#13 Brandon CoxPosition: WR
Height: 5-9
Weight: 180
Class: Sophomore
Hometown: Conway, Ark.

Previous School: had 30 catches for 300 yards at Arkansas State University.

High School: 2 Year All-State wide receiver at Conway HS... 2 Year All-Conference wide receiver... School Record receiving yards Conway High School... 2 Star Rivals.

Kid has developed into a speed demon. Everyday I go into work you can see him out running the streets of Conway. He seems to take it to a higher level. He tore up the defense in the spring game.

chattownmocs
July 27th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Ill go with tennessee transfer drae bowles and freshman kevon hall at WR. Walkon Shaqualm mccoy at RB.

clenz
July 27th, 2015, 10:30 AM
I have no idea what this guy will do, but it's an interesting story

4 year starter at point guard for the Clemson Tigers, Rod Hall, will be a WR for UNI this year
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/17/former-clemson-point-guard-rod-hall-headed-to-northern-iowa-to-play-football/

When the Clemson Tigers’ basketball season ended at the ACC tournament in March, so ended the college career of point guard Rod Hall. In four seasons at the school the 6-foot-1 Hall averaged 7.2 points and 3.0 assists per game, and being a good athlete has opened up other avenues for him. In Aprilhe worked out for some NFL teams (http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/21/clemson-point-guard-rod-hall-getting-interest-from-nfl-teams/), despite not playing football since high school, and Hall also entertained the idea of playing a season of college football (http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/04/report-former-clemson-guard-rod-hall-has-interest-from-multiple-nfl-teams-college-football-also-an-option/).
According to the Greenville News Hall has decided to make the trek up to Cedar Falls, Iowa, where he’ll join the Northern Iowa football program (http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2015/07/17/rod-hall-clemson-football-northern-iowa/30286067/). In an interview with the paper, Hall noted that playing a season will help him reach his goal of getting a shot in the NFL.

“I’ll get a good bit of reps in school and get familiar with football all over again,” said Hall, who was courted by smaller nearby football programs before receiving a call two weeks ago from Northern Iowa assistant head coach Brandon Lynch, a fellow Augusta native.
Hall visited Northern Iowa on Wednesday. He was so enamored with the program he canceled any additional visits he had scheduled with other schools.
“I just know I have a good chance to get in and play as soon as I get there,” Hall said. “They are switching the offense to more of a no-huddle, and I know I can pick up on things easily.”
Hall, who went through wide receiver and defensive back drills during his workouts for NFL teams before suffering a hamstring injury, will play offense at UNI. Hall isn’t the first college basketball player to make the move to the gridiron after playing four seasons of hoops, with former Miami forward/tight end Jimmy Graham (now with the Seahawks) being a prominent example.
Given his success as a high school football player (he was all-state as a senior), it’ll be interesting to see if Hall can turn this season at Northern Iowa into a professional career.

tenNesseeCat
July 27th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Western has a few that I think could make an impact.

OL Ryan Matson (6-7 330) Fr. - He was also offered by ECU and Charlotte. His size combined with his abilities should get him opportunity to make a difference on the OL.
DB Marvin Tillman (6-2 192 4.6) Fr and DB Mikey White (6-3 180 4.62) Fr. - with the loss of Ace Clark there will be room for some play makers to step up.
LB Hassan Belton (6-1 215 4.6) Fr. and LB Mitchell Chancey (6-1 205 4.4) Fr. - From my understanding, Belton was one of the better LB's coming out of SC this past year. While Chancey being listed with 4.4 speed is a FAST LB. That could get him some opportunities to show that. With the loss of Gill, and Harris moving to DB, there should be room for them to show a little something.

SU DOG
July 27th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Well, since UCA Bear respondedxlolx I'll go with UAB xfer Hayden Naumann for Samford. He will be our starter at RG. Hayden is a former All-State player from Decatur Alabama who was ranked as high as #4 in the state. The 6-4, 287lb. OL started EVERY game for the Blazers last season, and looked very good in Samford's spring training.

CappinHard
July 27th, 2015, 11:51 AM
SDSU Freshman QB Taryn Christion 6'2" 185 - Had offers from Eastern Michigan, Ohio, and NDSU. He is a mobile QB that passed for 2,549 yards and 24 touchdowns as a junior in 2013 while rushing for 988 yards and 18 TDs. Had a season ending leg injury early in his senior year, but went through rehab and played basketball last winter. This spring he anchored state-champion 4x100- and 4x200-meter relays at 2015 state track and field meet and was runner-up individually in 100 meters. Overall freak athlete that could challenge Lujan for the starting job this fall. The combo of Christion and Weineke is frightening if you ask me.

BEAR
July 27th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Well, since UCA Bear respondedxlolx I'll go with UAB xfer Hayden Naumann for Samford. He will be our starter at RG. Hayden is a former All-State player from Decatur Alabama who was ranked as high as #4 in the state. The 6-4, 287lb. OL started EVERY game for the Blazers last season, and looked very good in Samford's spring training.

Honestly I've seen the most promise from the kids who weren't given the big stars out of high school. Getting the career most yardage at Conway high is saying something because that teams runs the ball alot but that sets up their passes as BIG gainers. I look forward to see how the local kids do this season. There's another one that is on the team that just has the head for finding the ball carrier by using angles to the runner and correctly choosing which side the ball carrier will run between the linemen but he isn't fast..just smart. Glad to have him on the team.

biggame
July 27th, 2015, 01:42 PM
SDSU Freshman QB Taryn Christion 6'2" 185 - Had offers from Eastern Michigan, Ohio, and NDSU. He is a mobile QB that passed for 2,549 yards and 24 touchdowns as a junior in 2013 while rushing for 988 yards and 18 TDs. Had a season ending leg injury early in his senior year, but went through rehab and played basketball last winter. This spring he anchored state-champion 4x100- and 4x200-meter relays at 2015 state track and field meet and was runner-up individually in 100 meters. Overall freak athlete that could challenge Lujan for the starting job this fall. The combo of Christion and Weineke is frightening if you ask me.

Saw him play a few times and he is a very good athlete and has good arm strength. I think he will need to be a lot more accurate at the college level than what I watched but I am only judging by watching him a little.

Grizalltheway
July 27th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Dalton Daum is a true frosh WR and state champ in the 100 and 200 (I think) who could be the next Mariani. Not sure if Stitt plans to redshirt him, but if not he could definitely make some noise.

Edit-10.81 100 and 21.67 200. Pretty fly for a white guy.

Bisonator
July 27th, 2015, 01:56 PM
NDSU:

RFr RB Lance Dunn
-This dude is going to be a player for NDSU. Currently in a logjam at RB with Frazier/Morlock, but I think he is going to earn the feature back position sometime this season (maybe even early). If healthy, I think he surpasses Crockett all time at NDSU.

Soph TE Jeff Illies
-Another logjam position at TE, but I think Jeff is going to see a lot more action this season. He has been more of a hybrid TE/WR, but he has put on some good weight to be a 4 down TE. He was a liability blocking previously, but it appears he will see more snaps now with improvement in that facet of the game.

RFr WR Khayvon Hawkins
-Will the Bison strike gold again with another FR or RFr WR like they did last year with RJ Urzendowski? Hawkins looks the part and the Bison need another threat downfield outside of Vraa and RJ. Wentz is also very capable of hitting these guys in stride...who's going to step up?

I agree on Dunn. Not sure how well he is at catching the ball or PP but pure running ability is right there.

I wanted them to move Illies to WR but we'll see if they can get him some reps at TE.

Hawkins looks real good. I hope he or one of the other guys can step up.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Robbie Grimsley play right away. Special teams and maybe some safety.

Nodak78
July 27th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Dalton Daum is a true frosh WR and state champ in the 100 and 200 (I think) who could be the next Mariani. Not sure if Stitt plans to redshirt him, but if not he could definitely make some noise.

Edit-10.81 100 and 21.67 200. Pretty fly for a white guy.

Agree with Daum's speed he tore it up in the Badlands bowl.

UND has a freshman Iwarri Smith that may see the field this year as well. Same type of speed as Daum. Smith could play a number of positions. Hopefully RB we could use his speed at RB.

biggame
July 27th, 2015, 02:46 PM

UND has a freshman Iwarri Smith that may see the field this year as well. Same type of speed as Daum. Smith could play a number of positions. Hopefully RB we could use his speed at RB.

I think it likely we will see more than one freshman RB this season.

Nodak78
July 27th, 2015, 02:56 PM
I think it likely we will see more than one freshman RB this season.

Brady Oliviera, He will be a good one as well. Bigger but not as fast.

Gangtackle11
July 27th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Temple transfer will be a nice addition to Villanova's D-Line.

http://www.vuhoops.com/villanova-football/2015/7/27/9049661/villanova-football-bryan-osei-transfer-temple?utm_campaign=vuhoops&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Kemo
July 27th, 2015, 03:58 PM
I'll throw true sophomore linebacker JT Hassell in the mix for SDSU.

He was too talented to redshirt last year even when he was playing at under 200 lbs as a linebacker. He was mostly a special teams, rotation player last year, but still managed to put together a nice highlight reel.

He also might be the fastest player on the team (see :51 mark in the highlight video link below), and if he managed to put on more weight without losing any speed over the offseason, watch out.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1127621/highlights/180121385/v2

PaladinNation
July 27th, 2015, 08:19 PM
A few Paladins to mention:
Terry Robinson 5-10 182 JR RB has played wildcat QB before a knee injury in 2013 now recovered and playing RB. Robinson is fast and shifty, reminds me of GSU QB Jason Foster.
Logan McCarter 6-1 177 SO WR had a strong spring, McCarter gets forgotten behind Snellings and Suttles, McCarter could be the offensive surprise for Furman in 2015.
Adekunle Olusanya 5-11 194 SO SS fought through injuries in 2015, Olusanya is a big hitter. Highly recruited out of Sickles HS in Tampa.
Joe Farrar 5-10 193 RSFR S/SS played QB for Tucker HS in ATL, btw Tucker plays damn good HS football. Farrah is smart, and athletic, could make some noise as a backup.

any true freshmen?

I'll go out on a limb… Triston Luke 5-8 190 RB rushed for over 4,400 yards and 68 touchdowns in high school, played in Tennessee’s East-West All-Star Football Classic, where he paced the West squad defensively with nine tackles. Not sure Luke will get quality PT at RB but he could be the man at kick returner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMzIPS7FaCU

That leaves us Furman fans with the biggest question mark for 2015… DE
TJ Warren converted LB now will be the man at DE. Coach BF does a darn good job of getting talented players on the field. This might be the smartest move he makes in 2015.

Grizalltheway
July 27th, 2015, 08:31 PM
I guess file this under really unknown. Hasn't played football competitively since high school, but he put up some of the best numbers by a WR in state history.

http://m.missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/sentinel-grad-former-wsu-outfielder-ben-roberts-to-join-griz/article_c6645eca-9bc0-5ded-8a15-d90633d9469d.html?mobile_touch=true

KPSUL
July 27th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Three Freshmen from UNH I think could make an impact in 2015:

Amechie Walker WR from Harrisburg, PA. He made The PA Big 33 Classic Team and played well in a rain shortened game against MD. If he had come to UNH as a Freshman 2012-14 he would likely have been redshirted, but with the graduation of R.J. Harris and Jimmy Giansante, he could see significant playing time in 2015.

Evan Gray RB from Centreville, VA. Based on his size (5'10" and 225) and running style reminds me of UNH's Jimmy Owens who graduated in 2015. Same deal as Walker, would have been redshirted the last 3 seasons, but with our top two running backs graduated, he may be asked to step up and start contributing.

And IMO, the closest thing to a sure thing, Robert Kelly Placekicker from ST Albans, VT. This video is all you need to know. Normally when you watch a HS highlights video, you have to take into account the level of competition; however, a yard is the same distance whether your in Texas, Pennsylvania or Vermont.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcYgmv8mJDs

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 27th, 2015, 09:17 PM
I agree on Dunn. Not sure how well he is at catching the ball or PP but pure running ability is right there.

I wanted them to move Illies to WR but we'll see if they can get him some reps at TE.

Hawkins looks real good. I hope he or one of the other guys can step up.

This for sure. Great hands and size. Dream flex out TE/WR. Hoped they would move him if he has size problems/pass blocking problems.

catbob
July 28th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Beau Sandland, Senior TE

Quietly transferred to MSU last year, but redshirted while he worked out with the team and learned the offense. A former Miami Hurrican for a season, he playing sparingly as a junior after spending two seasons at a JUCO, where he was rated a 4 start prospect and at one time the #1 TE JUCO prospect in the nation (which is why he signed at Miami). The dude is just a freak, runs fast enough to be a possession receiver, but at 6'6 260 he could be a force in the Big Sky, both at receiving and blocking. Hasn't played a down yet for the Cats, but by all reports had an excellent spring and is ready to rock.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAqA3FGU8AACxYx.jpg

http://blog.allcanes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/miami-hurricanes-football-beau-sandland-tight-end-JUCO-the-u.jpg

BEAR
July 28th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Beau Sandland, Senior TE

Quietly transferred to MSU last year, but redshirted while he worked out with the team and learned the offense. A former Miami Hurrican for a season, he playing sparingly as a junior after spending two seasons at a JUCO, where he was rated a 4 start prospect and at one time the #1 TE JUCO prospect in the nation (which is why he signed at Miami). The dude is just a freak, runs fast enough to be a possession receiver, but at 6'6 260 he could be a force in the Big Sky, both at receiving and blocking. Hasn't played a down yet for the Cats, but by all reports had an excellent spring and is ready to rock.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CAqA3FGU8AACxYx.jpg

http://blog.allcanes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/miami-hurricanes-football-beau-sandland-tight-end-JUCO-the-u.jpg

THAT DUDE IS A BEAST!

FUBeAR
July 28th, 2015, 11:33 PM
I guess I can throw this (sort of) Unknown/Newcomer Mercer Bear into the mix here. Tosin Aguebor was a 1st Team All-PFL LB in 2013 as a Freshman, but was injured in the 2014 preseason and did not play at all last season. Aguebor is listed at 6-3 226 on Mercer's roster, but I understand he is closer to 245-250 now after having a lot of 'free' time to spend in the weight room in the past year.

His 2013 Stats were:

Tackles
Sacks
Pass Defense
Fumbles
Blkd

DEFENSIVE LEADERS
GP
Solo
Ast
Total
TFL-Yds
No-Yds
Int-Yds
BU
PD
Qbh
Rcv-Yds
FF
Kick
Saf

T. Aguebor

That's 13 TFL's and 10 Sacks as a Freshman!

I will be very interested in watching how quickly he is able to 'up his game' from playing vs. PFL Comp to SoCon. If he can do that quickly, with the additional weight he's added to a long 6-3+ frame, he could make some noise in opposing SoCon backfields in 2015.

Photos from Spring Practice 2015
http://media.macon.com/smedia/2015/02/15/15/16/OyHOy.AuSt.71.jpeghttp://media.macon.com/smedia/2015/02/15/15/15/2dkKB.AuSt.71.jpeg

Toby
July 29th, 2015, 11:05 AM
I guess I can throw this (sort of) Unknown/Newcomer Mercer Bear into the mix here. Tosin Aguebor was a 1st Team All-PFL LB in 2013 as a Freshman, but was injured in the 2014 preseason and did not play at all last season. Aguebor is listed at 6-3 226 on Mercer's roster, but I understand he is closer to 245-250 now after having a lot of 'free' time to spend in the weight room in the past year.

His 2013 Stats were:

Tackles
Sacks
Pass Defense
Fumbles
Blkd

DEFENSIVE LEADERS
GP
Solo
Ast
Total
TFL-Yds
No-Yds
Int-Yds
BU
PD
Qbh
Rcv-Yds
FF
Kick
Saf

T. Aguebor

That's 13 TFL's and 10 Sacks as a Freshman!

I will be very interested in watching how quickly he is able to 'up his game' from playing vs. PFL Comp to SoCon. If he can do that quickly, with the additional weight he's added to a long 6-3+ frame, he could make some noise in opposing SoCon backfields in 2015.

Photos from Spring Practice 2015
http://media.macon.com/smedia/2015/02/15/15/16/OyHOy.AuSt.71.jpeghttp://media.macon.com/smedia/2015/02/15/15/15/2dkKB.AuSt.71.jpeg

Aquebor may be the best player on Mercer's team.

Seawolf97
July 30th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Isaiah White running back #28 . True Freshman 5'11 205 lbs Hanson Award Winner . Had offers from Buffalo and Illinois should be an impact player especially with Bedell . Has good speed and size.

JALMOND
July 30th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Alex Kuresa, QB at Portland State. JUCO transfer from Snow College in Utah. Played QB and WR for BYU before leaving on a two year Mormon mission. When he came back, BYU wanted him to play WR full time, so instead he transferred to Snow. First cousin of BYU basketball standout Tyler Hawes.

http://psuvikingtales.com/kuresa-wanted-chance-to-play-quarterback/

He first needs to get through a big logjam at QB for PSU, but he supposedly pulled into a 4-way tie for the position after spring ball.

CrunchGriz
July 31st, 2015, 02:46 AM

And then Dalton Daum lit up the Montana Shrine game, going 39 yards on a reverse and 95 to the house on a kickoff return.

He was a two-time Montana state champ in the 100 and the 200 meters, and two-time Gatorade male track athlete of the year. He was 2nd in the state in the 100...as a freshman. Best career time was 10.66 in the 100.

He'll probably red-shirt to get stronger, but you can't teach fast, and I know that Coach Stitt is licking his chops knowing that he has someone who can bust the top off a route waiting in the wings.

Fordham
July 31st, 2015, 06:13 AM
For Fordham:

QB Kevin Anderson - http://www.fordhamsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6144&path=football. Coach Moorhead is an offensive mastermind and his QB's always put up great stats. He's been raving about the speed and throwing ability of Anderson since last season ended.

TE Phazahn Odom - http://www.fordhamsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6186&path=football. Didn't get playing time due to being behind All American Dan Light but he's intriguing at 6'8" 245lbs.

DE Manny Adeyeye - http://www.fordhamsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6143&path=football. Became a starter as a frosh but missed last year. Put on 20lbs since freshman year. Should be a beast.

LB Niko Thorpe - http://www.fordhamsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6198&path=football. Hits like a Mack Truck.

I expect all four to be on some sort of PL post season honors list. Odom is the only one I'm not fully certain of

eiu1999
July 31st, 2015, 11:00 AM
Devin Church (5-8, 190, R-Jr., RB, Detroit, Mich./Brother Rice HS/Univ. of Illinois) – Was a three year member of the Illinois football team... last season he played in 11 games with a start in the win over Minnesota… he had a season high ten yards rushing against Wisconsin and 24 yards receiving against Washington... as a redshirt freshman he played in 10 games with 44 yards rushing including six carries for 34 yards against Ohio… had first career touchdown against Ohio… redshirted 2012 season due to injury… played at Brother Rice HS in Detroit where he was ranked the No. 22 overall prospect in the state of Michigan by Rivals.com… rushed for a school-record 1,191 yards in 2011 including 938 yards in five playoff games… led team to MHSAA Division 2 state title rushing for 244 yards and three touchdowns in championship game…

Korliss Marshall (6-0, 205, Jr., RB, Osceola, Ark./Osceola HS/Univ. of Arkansas) – Was a two-year member of the Arkansas football team… last season he rushed for 119 yards and one touchdown with a season high 45 yards in the season opener against Auburn… had 40 yards on six rushes with a touchdown against Northern Illinois… season high four receptions for 19 yards in upset win over LSU… had nine kickoff returns for 271 yards including a 97-yard kickoff return for touchdown against NIU… as a freshman played in eight games with 586 all-purpose yards… had 422 yards kickoff return yards for the season with a high of 87 yards against Auburn… had first career start against Mississippi State rushing for 35 yards with two kickoff returns for 63 yards… against LSU rushed for a season high 45 yards with 57 yards on kick returns… played at Osceola HS rushing for more than 4,100 yards and 60 touchdowns during three seasons… rated the No. 6 overall prospect in the state of Arkansas by Rivals.com…. rushed for 1,711 yards and 24 touchdowns as a senior helping team advance to second round of Class 3A state playoffs… had 1,421 yards and 22 touchdowns as a junior as the team played in the Class 4A playoffs.

Jarvis Williams (6-1, 245, R-Jr., DL, Greer, S.C./Byrnes HS/Troy Univ.) – Redshirted during the fall of 2014 at Troy… prior to that he played at Antelope Valley College where he earned Southern California Football Association All-Pacific Coast First Team honors… had 45 tackles (23 solo), four sacks, 13 tackles for loss and a forced fumble as a sophomore… during freshman year at AVC made 22 tackles with one sack and three tackles for loss… played at Byrnes HS where he helped the team win back-to-back South Carolina 4A Division I state titles… earned second team All-Area as a senior after making 91 tackles, 17 tackles for loss and six sacks…

Cal Ibanez (6-4, 318, R-Jr., OL, Miami, Fla./Ferguson HS/Fullerton College) – Played two seasons at Fullerton College helping the team reach the California Junior College State Championship game as a sophomore… helped team win California Southern Division Championship… earned first team All-Conference honors… played at Ferguson HS in Miami… as a senior was selected to play in the Dade-Broward County All-Star Game.

Grizalltheway
July 31st, 2015, 11:47 AM
And then Dalton Daum lit up the Montana Shrine game, going 39 yards on a reverse and 95 to the house on a kickoff return.

He was a two-time Montana state champ in the 100 and the 200 meters, and two-time Gatorade male track athlete of the year. He was 2nd in the state in the 100...as a freshman. Best career time was 10.66 in the 100.

He'll probably red-shirt to get stronger, but you can't teach fast, and I know that Coach Stitt is licking his chops knowing that he has someone who can bust the top off a route waiting in the wings.

For selfish reasons I hope he doesn't. A year is too long to wait to see what he can do in this offense.

eiu1999
July 31st, 2015, 11:54 AM
Likely backup QB

14 Austin Green

Class: Redshirt Sophomore
Height: 6-3
Weight: 195
Position: Quarterback
Hometown: Rochester, Ill.
High School: Rochester2014 (RS-FRESHMAN): Was listed as the number three quarterback on Panthers depth chart appearing in just one game for the season... played in win over Austin Peay rushing for two yards... did not have a pass attempt...
2013 (FRESHMAN): Redshirted.

HIGH SCHOOL: Played for coach Derek Leonard at Rochester HS… in his lone season as the starting quarterback he led the program to the IHSA Class 4A state championship with a 13-1 record… in the championship game he rushed for 130 yards and a pair of touchdowns while passing for 172 yards and two more scores… passed for 2,794 yards with 23 touchdowns while rushing for 888 yards and 17 touchdowns as a senior… had three games with more than 100 yards rushing… had two 300+ yard passing games with a high of 329 against Chatham-Glenwood… was 205-of-283 with only seven interceptions… first team All-State as a senior… first team All-Central State Eight… started four games as a junior for state championship team…

bulldog10jw
July 31st, 2015, 12:36 PM
http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20150328/nc-state-freshman-receiver-bo-hines-transferring-to-yale

His name is Bo Hines.

He has aspirations of being a politician. He’s a physical wide receiver with exceptional strength and elite speed. He spent last season blowing by Florida State’s secondary (https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D3FA6e0CMN6M) and racking up catch after catch against other ACC schools, leading North Carolina State with 45 receptions for 616 yards and a touchdown as a true freshman.

He enjoyed his short time playing for the Wolfpack.

CrazyCat
July 31st, 2015, 12:56 PM
I agree with catbob on Sandland. There are seriously too many guys on defense to do justice and write full backgrounds. They range from RF MLB Grant Collins to JC DL Joe Naotala to UAB transfer safety Desman Carter. A couple guys on offense in RF RB Tavon Dodd and Baylor transfer WR Brandon Brown will provide bright spots on a deep offense.

catbob
August 3rd, 2015, 05:46 PM
Well yea, everyone is a player to watch on defense cuz we replaced just about everyone... it can't get any worse, can it?? Someone has to make an impact! xrotatehx

Grizalltheway
August 3rd, 2015, 05:54 PM
Well yea, everyone is a player to watch on defense cuz we replaced just about everyone... it can't get any worse, can it?? Someone has to make an impact! xrotatehx

I guess we'll find out!:D

Terry2889
August 4th, 2015, 08:35 AM

Amechie Walker WR from Harrisburg, PA. He made The PA Big 33 Classic Team and played well in a rain shortened game against MD. If he had come to UNH as a Freshman 2012-14 he would likely have been redshirted, but with the graduation of R.J. Harris and Jimmy Giansante, he could see significant playing time in 2015.

Evan Gray RB from Centreville, VA. Based on his size (5'10" and 225) and running style reminds me of UNH's Jimmy Owens who graduated in 2015. Same deal as Walker, would have been redshirted the last 3 seasons, but with our top two running backs graduated, he may be asked to step up and start contributing.

And IMO, the closest thing to a sure thing, Robert Kelly Placekicker from ST Albans, VT. This video is all you need to know. Normally when you watch a HS highlights video, you have to take into account the level of competition; however, a yard is the same distance whether your in Texas, Pennsylvania or Vermont.

Other than Kelly, I don't see the other two playing this year. If Daulton Crosson can stay healthy for a change I think he could be a serious candidate for offensive POY in the CAA.

BEAR
August 4th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Korliss Marshall (6-0, 205, Jr., RB, Osceola, Ark./Osceola HS/Univ. of Arkansas) – Was a two-year member of the Arkansas football team… last season he rushed for 119 yards and one touchdown with a season high 45 yards in the season opener against Auburn… had 40 yards on six rushes with a touchdown against Northern Illinois… season high four receptions for 19 yards in upset win over LSU… had nine kickoff returns for 271 yards including a 97-yard kickoff return for touchdown against NIU… as a freshman played in eight games with 586 all-purpose yards… had 422 yards kickoff return yards for the season with a high of 87 yards against Auburn… had first career start against Mississippi State rushing for 35 yards with two kickoff returns for 63 yards… against LSU rushed for a season high 45 yards with 57 yards on kick returns… played at Osceola HS rushing for more than 4,100 yards and 60 touchdowns during three seasons… rated the No. 6 overall prospect in the state of Arkansas by Rivals.com…. rushed for 1,711 yards and 24 touchdowns as a senior helping team advance to second round of Class 3A state playoffs… had 1,421 yards and 22 touchdowns as a junior as the team played in the Class 4A playoffs..

Oh man....I forgot about him. He committed to UCA before Arkansas. He's trouble. I told him he would be third string or worse with Arkansas' RB talent. He only played special teams. I can imagine how great of a career he would have had in the SLC had he not chosen an SEC team...but that's how it goes. Two things can happen with that kid. 1. You will have a solid RB that will get you some amazing plays and tough yardage. 2. He will quit again.

I see the second option happening before the first.

ekufbfan
August 4th, 2015, 07:38 PM
EKU: Ohio State D-line transfer, Noah Spence.

Bam
August 5th, 2015, 09:53 AM
EKU: Ohio State D-line transfer, Noah Spence.

EKU 2015----How about D’Vonta Derricott LB, transfer K-State!

UNIFanSince1983
August 5th, 2015, 10:21 AM
Savon Huggins for UNI.

Rutgers transfer at running back. Looked very impressive in the Spring Game for what you can take that as. I think he is going to be a good one.

eiu1999
August 5th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Two new Vanderbilt transfers....
Mack Weaver (http://www.eiupanthers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4674) and Jerron Seymour (http://www.eiupanthers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4671) both transferred from Vanderbilt University. Weaver is a 6'5" 255, tight end who was a two-year member of the Commodores program. Seymour graduated in May from Vanderbilt and has one year of eligibility remaining. The 5'7" running back led the team in rushing with 716 yards and 14 touchdowns in 2013. His production was limited last season due to injury.

Model Citizen
August 5th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Kam Bryant, QB, Campbell

2013 stats at Appalachian State: 12 games...333 pass attempts...237 completions...71.2 percent completion percentage (school record)...14 TDs passing/3 TD rushing...381 yds passing in win over Georgia Southern.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21061&stc=1

underdawg
August 7th, 2015, 12:36 PM
There is no doubt in my mind that this guy will make an impact in the Salukis Corner Back Position, Tareq Abulebbeth a 5-11 185 athlete from San Diego Mesa CC in California. Do yourself a favor and watch this video. It is perhaps one of the best I've ever seen

www.hudl.com/athlete/3866779/highlights/199427376/v2

lionsrking2
August 8th, 2015, 12:02 AM
For Southeastern Louisiana, we've got a number of candidates on both sides of the ball but look for QB D'Shaie Landor and WR Brandon Acker to have breakout years. Landor is having a great camp so far and a lot of weapons around him. Acker is a freak.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 8th, 2015, 07:48 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that this guy will make an impact in the Salukis Corner Back Position, Tareq Abulebbeth a 5-11 185 athlete from San Diego Mesa CC in California. Do yourself a favor and watch this video. It is perhaps one of the best I've ever seen

www.hudl.com/athlete/3866779/highlights/199427376/v2 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3866779/highlights/199427376/v2)

That kid is a beast!

Wonder why a 1A team did not get him?

caribbeanhen
August 8th, 2015, 08:00 AM

www.hudl.com/athlete/3866779/highlights/199427376/v2 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3866779/highlights/199427376/v2)

No doubt he's pretty beastly but l wouldnt go overboard on him just yet, I've been pretty giddy about High school clips before and several never worked out, But no doubt he is one to watch...

underdawg
August 8th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Not a big deal on your main point of not letting highlight films persuade but this is his JUCO film not his high school--he's really developed physically since (he was 153 pounds out of high school). Also I believe he was hurt and only played 5-6 six games, SO the 5-6 games are not just picking through 10-12 games for highlights rather he performed like this all the games he was in for the season. I personally like his fire emotionally on the field, his sure tackling and his amazing kick-off coverage more than the interceptions.

underdawg
August 8th, 2015, 09:05 AM
That kid is a beast!

Wonder why a 1A team did not get him?

Don't know yet--he's an unusual case for a football recruit--dig this: he was born in Palestine! That would be Palestine of the Mideast--He's from a great family that immigated to San Diego. He's not dumb but apparently he had some transcript problems that had to be corrected before becoming eligible late this summer.

Catatonic
August 8th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Don't know yet--he's an unusual case for a football recruit--dig this: he was born in Palestine! That would be Palestine of the Mideast--He's from a great family that immigated to San Diego. He's not dumb but apparently he had some transcript problems that had to be corrected before becoming eligible late this summer.

Glad you clarified. I'd hate to think we let a good player from Palestine, Texas be recruiting out from under our noses.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 8th, 2015, 09:52 AM

Hope he makes an impact for the Salukis. Maybe his injury scared off 1A offers. But dang, he looks like a very good CB. Great instincts and fast to the ball.

underdawg
August 8th, 2015, 02:11 PM
www.hudl.com/athlete/816405/highlights/25501376/v2 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/816405/highlights/25501376/v2)

Although SIU has its' whole starting D-line back--this guy will give depth--6-6 250 DE Devante Lee

KillaBee
August 10th, 2015, 10:23 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21103&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21101&stc=1
BRANDON BRYANT #33

This kid is poised for a great year! He played behind a senior last season and produced play after play. The Lafayette Leopards team defense will be better this season and with him in the starting role he should have a very productive season.

Bryant is an extremely intelligent and a very active football player, I'm sure he will land on everyone's list at the end of the season.

He won "Special team player of the year", one game he blocked 2 punts. He is a hitter and is exceptionally fast. Bryant had a huge freshman year, in 2014

He had 55 -tackles, 6.5 -TOLS, 1- sack for 8yds, 2- blk kicks, 1 -QBH, 1- FF

He did not play much until the end of the season.

Time will tell, The Lafayette Leopards face William and Mary Sept. 5, 2015.
A great test!!!!!

FordhamFan
August 10th, 2015, 09:15 PM
For Fordham:

QB Kevin Anderson - http://www.fordhamsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6144&path=football. Coach Moorhead is an offensive mastermind and his QB's always put up great stats. He's been raving about the speed and throwing ability of Anderson since last season ended.

TE Phazahn Odom - http://www.fordhamsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6186&path=football. Didn't get playing time due to being behind All American Dan Light but he's intriguing at 6'8" 245lbs.

DE Manny Adeyeye - http://www.fordhamsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6143&path=football. Became a starter as a frosh but missed last year. Put on 20lbs since freshman year. Should be a beast.

LB Niko Thorpe - http://www.fordhamsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6198&path=football. Hits like a Mack Truck.

I expect all four to be on some sort of PL post season honors list. Odom is the only one I'm not fully certain of

Anderson can be VERY good, I'm interested to see how Moorhead alters the offense for the most athletic QB he's had in his tenure at FU. Phazahn Odom is a physical freak, but he has never proved to be what his figure might suggest in multiple opportunities when Light has missed time.

Adeyeye and Thorpe will be great...Adeyeye especially...that kid is a beast. If he can stay healthy he will dominate the PL.

Corey Caddle is a freshman I'd throw into that discussion. He's wayyyy more talented than a kid should be at Fordham...but he's quite small, so he never got big FBS offers. He's going to be awesome, and he should get all the opportunity in the world in a WR unit that lost it's top 3 targets.

dwtime
August 11th, 2015, 08:38 AM

Don't forget Dalton Crossan, has not been a featured back at UNH coming now into his junior season playing behind Steriti and Owens. Last season was pretty much lost on the hammy injury except for some time playing in the playoffs. If healthy he has a bigger upside than Owens and Steriti combined imo, he has averaged over 9 yards a touch so far his first two years in a limited role on offense. If Amechie Walker plays this season our kick return will be a weapon with two stellar returners as Crossan is a beast also returning kicks (ask Chatty).

CasualFan
August 11th, 2015, 08:59 AM
CCU's biggest void is left by linebacker Quinn Backus on defense. He was a machine, finishing with 127 tackles last year, 10 TFL, 2 INT, 6 FF, and 5.5 sacks last year. He was the Big South Athlete of the Year, and finished 4th for the Buck Buchanan Award (he was 7th in 2013). Quinn started all but one game last season, when he was out with an injury. His presence will be sorely missed.

Which brings us to his replacement. The one game he missed versus Presbyterian, Rayshaud Shields started in his place. Rayshaud had a pretty good game -- 15 TT (12 solo), 2 TFL, 1 PBU. The 15 tackles was the 5th best single game effort in team history, and he won the Big South Defensive Player of the Week.

I think Rayshaud has a chance to be a real spotlight player in his final year of eligibility.

NSF
August 11th, 2015, 09:13 AM
For Indiana State, I think Robert Tonyan, a 6'5", 220 lb WR will be a sleeper. He spent his first 2 years at QB, starting a few games, and moved to WR last year. Very athletic, former basketball standout in HS and in his first year at WR as a part-time starter, had 54 receptions for 750 yds and 4 TDs. With their leading receiver returning and 3 departed seniors who saw significant time last year (102 combined receptions), Tonyan is positioned for a breakout year.

APaladindad
August 11th, 2015, 11:49 PM
A few Paladins to mention:
Terry Robinson 5-10 182 JR RB has played wildcat QB before a knee injury in 2013 now recovered and playing RB. Robinson is fast and shifty, reminds me of GSU QB Jason Foster.
Logan McCarter 6-1 177 SO WR had a strong spring, McCarter gets forgotten behind Snellings and Suttles, McCarter could be the offensive surprise for Furman in 2015.
Adekunle Olusanya 5-11 194 SO SS fought through injuries in 2015, Olusanya is a big hitter. Highly recruited out of Sickles HS in Tampa.
Joe Farrar 5-10 193 RSFR S/SS played QB for Tucker HS in ATL, btw Tucker plays damn good HS football. Farrah is smart, and athletic, could make some noise as a backup.

any true freshmen?

I'll go out on a limb… Triston Luke 5-8 190 RB rushed for over 4,400 yards and 68 touchdowns in high school, played in Tennessee’s East-West All-Star Football Classic, where he paced the West squad defensively with nine tackles. Not sure Luke will get quality PT at RB but he could be the man at kick returner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMzIPS7FaCU

That leaves us Furman fans with the biggest question mark for 2015… DE
TJ Warren converted LB now will be the man at DE. Coach BF does a darn good job of getting talented players on the field. This might be the smartest move he makes in 2015.

I would agree with your assessment and would add that one or all of these three offensive linemen will step up this season to make a big difference at OT" Schmidt, Monk, and Bush

PaladinFan
August 12th, 2015, 08:00 AM
I would agree with your assessment and would add that one or all of these three offensive linemen will step up this season to make a big difference at OT" Schmidt, Monk, and Bush

I'm looking at Terry Robinson as a breakout player. He was never really a quarterback. In six games before his injury in 2013 he had 1 passing attempt against 23 rushing attempts. That was fewer passing attempts than Tanner Skogen, who was a bona fide running back.

If Robinson is full speed, he is a shifty running back with good field vision. Has not been an easy road to recovery for him, so I know he's ready to get after it.

dwtime
August 12th, 2015, 08:16 AM
Other than Kelly, I don't see the other two playing this year. If Daulton Crosson can stay healthy for a change I think he could be a serious candidate for offensive POY in the CAA.

I'm not so sure you are right about Walker. It's been reported that he came to school early in the summer to start working out and lifting. Why the hurry if you are going to redshirt the year? I have a feeling odds are better than even you will see him on the field this fall.

PaladinNation
August 12th, 2015, 11:49 AM
I'm looking at Terry Robinson as a breakout player. He was never really a quarterback. In six games before his injury in 2013 he had 1 passing attempt against 23 rushing attempts. That was fewer passing attempts than Tanner Skogen, who was a bona fide running back.

If Robinson is full speed, he is a shifty running back with good field vision. Has not been an easy road to recovery for him, so I know he's ready to get after it.

It's very early but three true freshmen are now getting reps with the Furman first and second team units:

Tyler Voyles OLB Mill Creek HS school record 119 tackles in 2014
Aaquil Annoor CB/S 180 tackles, 14 interceptions, 20 pass breakups, four forced fumbles, and three fumble recoveries in his HS career at Brentwood Academy
Jacque Evangelister CB played running back, quarterback, wide receiver, cornerback, and safety at Dacula HS

JALMOND
November 1st, 2015, 12:17 AM
Alex Kuresa, QB at Portland State. JUCO transfer from Snow College in Utah. Played QB and WR for BYU before leaving on a two year Mormon mission. When he came back, BYU wanted him to play WR full time, so instead he transferred to Snow. First cousin of BYU basketball standout Tyler Hawes.

http://psuvikingtales.com/kuresa-wanted-chance-to-play-quarterback/

He first needs to get through a big logjam at QB for PSU, but he supposedly pulled into a 4-way tie for the position after spring ball.

I want to give a bump for this guy. Without him, there is no way we would be 7-1 right now.

Thundar
November 1st, 2015, 06:54 AM
It's Easton Stick for NDSU, comes in as backup freshman QB and is 2-0 on the road, gets his first start at home this week.

has a pretty good stat line for his inexperience

Passing 21 for 37, 264 yds, 3 TD, 2 INT long of 77 yds
Rushing 36 carries 278 yds, 7.7 YPC, 2 TD, longest run 60 ydd