PDA

View Full Version : NC trophy

Catsfan90
July 26th, 2015, 03:37 PM
So when I was looking at a news article the other day I saw the FBS playoff trophy, and I really looked at it for the first time. I really like how they made a trophy that is unique to FBS football. Looking at the FCS trophy it seems like one of the Generic NCAA trophies that are used for every NCAA national championship. Just a silly thought, but would anyone else like to se a trophy designed specifically for the FCS? They did a great job with a new logo a few years ago and I really feel like IMHO that their own trophy would help to cement their brand in college football.

BisonFan02
July 26th, 2015, 03:41 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKnk3KCWwAg8RTB.jpg

BisonFan02
July 26th, 2015, 03:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ArjWsb7.png

You also get a trophy from the AFCA (can kinda see it in the trophy case picture on the outsides of the bottom row).

DFW HOYA
July 26th, 2015, 03:50 PM
All NCAA championships use the same trophy design. That's on purpose.

Catsfan90
July 26th, 2015, 03:53 PM
All NCAA championships use the same trophy design. That's on purpose.

With the exception of FBS football.

BisonFan02
July 26th, 2015, 03:55 PM
With the exception of FBS football.

The NCAA doesn't consider that a champion. If you go to the NCAA and check out the champ banners, the FCS champ IS the DI champion.

The NCAA hangs these in their offices...the schools get them after a new champ is crowned (unless they send them to the wrong school.... xbangx )

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/collegefootball/13-NDSU_Banner.jpg

dewey
July 26th, 2015, 03:56 PM
I personally like the fact that the FCS National Championship trophy looks like the other NCAA trophies.

Dewey

Catsfan90
July 26th, 2015, 04:00 PM
The NCAA doesn't consider that a champion. If you go to the NCAA and check out the champ banners, the FCS champ IS the DI champion.

The NCAA hangs these in their offices...the schools get them after a new champ is crowned (unless they send them to the wrong school.... xbangx )

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/collegefootball/13-NDSU_Banner.jpg

That's interesting, I never actually knew that! so the trophy is basically a rule than?

BisonFan02
July 26th, 2015, 04:09 PM
That's interesting, I never actually knew that! so the trophy is basically a rule than?

What do you mean by "rule"? I think every NCAA champ trophy is the same across the board probably for equality?.....(or they get the trophy mass produced and just use the glass inserts to customize for the sport/division). That trophy has evolved too if you look at the older NCAA DII national champion trophies the Bison have. :D

dewey
July 26th, 2015, 04:10 PM
Here is what is on Wikipedia.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Collegiate_Athletic_Association

Football Bowl SubdivisionEdit

Main articles:*College football national championships in NCAA Division I FBS*and*College Football Playoff

The NCAA has never sanctioned an official championship for its highest level of football, now known as*Division I FBS. Instead, several outside bodies award their own titles. The NCAA does not hold a championship tournament or game for Division I FBS football. In the past, teams that placed first in any of a number of season-ending media polls, most notable the*AP Poll*of writers and the*Coaches Poll, were said to have won the "national championship" .

Starting in 2014, the*College Football Playoff*– a consortium of the conferences andindependent schools*that compete in Division I FBS and six*bowl games*– has arranged to place the top four teams (based on a thirteen-member committee that selects and seeds the teams) into two semifinal games, with the winners advancing to compete in the*College Football Playoff National Championship. The winner of the game receives a trophy; since the NCAA awards no national championship for Division I FBS football, this trophy does not denote*NCAA*as other NCAA college sports national championship trophies do.

Dewey

Catsfan90
July 26th, 2015, 04:21 PM
What do you mean by "rule"? I think every NCAA champ trophy is the same across the board probably for equality?.....(or they get the trophy mass produced and just use the glass inserts to customize for the sport/division). That trophy has evolved too if you look at the older NCAA DII national champion trophies the Bison have. :D

Just meant rule as in like: even if the FCS wanted to change the trophy, it seems like the NCAA wouldn't allow it anyways. And I understand equality, but I really don't see how having a custom trophy for a championship would effect equality?

And compared to the other ones, it def has evolved!

Catsfan90
July 26th, 2015, 04:22 PM

Main articles:*College football national championships in NCAA Division I FBS*and*College Football Playoff

The NCAA has never sanctioned an official championship for its highest level of football, now known as*Division I FBS. Instead, several outside bodies award their own titles. The NCAA does not hold a championship tournament or game for Division I FBS football. In the past, teams that placed first in any of a number of season-ending media polls, most notable the*AP Poll*of writers and the*Coaches Poll, were said to have won the "national championship" .

Starting in 2014, the*College Football Playoff*– a consortium of the conferences andindependent schools*that compete in Division I FBS and six*bowl games*– has arranged to place the top four teams (based on a thirteen-member committee that selects and seeds the teams) into two semifinal games, with the winners advancing to compete in the*College Football Playoff National Championship. The winner of the game receives a trophy; since the NCAA awards no national championship for Division I FBS football, this trophy does not denote*NCAA*as other NCAA college sports national championship trophies do.

Dewey

So that's how they get away with it than! makes total sense now.

BisonFan02
July 26th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Just meant rule as in like: even if the FCS wanted to change the trophy, it seems like the NCAA wouldn't allow it anyways. And I understand equality, but I really don't see how having a custom trophy for a championship would effect equality?

And compared to the other ones, it def has evolved!

NCAA funded championship...their trophy to select. I wouldn't hold your breath for a custom FCS championship trophy.

IBleedYellow
July 26th, 2015, 06:31 PM
I personally wouldn't want to see an FCS customized trophy.

We compete at the highest level of NCAA football in which they hold a tournament. We better get a trophy just like the rest of the DI schools that win National Titles.

melloware13
July 26th, 2015, 08:10 PM
However, if we (AGS) wanted to, we could make a AGS National Champion trophy on our own to send to the #1 team in the final rankings.

BisonFan02
July 26th, 2015, 08:23 PM
I personally wouldn't want to see an FCS customized trophy.

We compete at the highest level of NCAA football in which they hold a tournament. We better get a trophy just like the rest of the DI schools that win National Titles.

However, if we (AGS) wanted to, we could make a AGS National Champion trophy on our own to send to the #1 team in the final rankings.

This and this. Hey Ursus! :D

gotts
July 26th, 2015, 11:14 PM

Screw trophies, it should be a championship belt (sponsor negotiable?)!

http://wrestlecrap.com/sbt%20files/sbt-wafflehouse/wafflehousebelt.jpg

HailSzczur
July 27th, 2015, 08:33 AM
One thing that does bug me is that the trophy they give out for the basketball regional champs looks so much like a NC trophy
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/DR1BXW/mar-29-2009-philadelphia-pennsylvania-usa-dante-cunningham-of-the-DR1BXW.jpg

It sure as hell beats the real thing look wise
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/nova/sports/m-baskbl/auto_action/89202.jpeg

NoDak 4 Ever
July 27th, 2015, 08:41 AM
As long as it says NCAA and National Champion, I give zero ****s about what it looks like.

Mattymc727
July 27th, 2015, 10:33 AM
As long as it says NCAA and National Champion, I give zero ****s about what it looks like.

Somebody needs to get on photoshop and make this a fun thread....

SENOREIDA
July 27th, 2015, 01:21 PM

DeweyThis actually blew my mind, just for the fact that I never looked in to it. I thought about it, but never looked into it. Thus the reason Auburn just claimed a million national titles last year from 100 years ago.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 27th, 2015, 01:23 PM
This actually blew my mind, just for the fact that I never looked in to it. I thought about it, but never looked into it. Thus the reason Auburn just claimed a million national titles last year from 100 years ago.

They had that model for DII many years ago. The first 3 titles at NDSU were by polling.

Bisonator
July 27th, 2015, 01:44 PM
They had that model for DII many years ago. The first 3 titles at NDSU were by polling.

That was the College Division.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 27th, 2015, 02:44 PM
That was the College Division.

More correct. I was lazy with my nomenclature.