PDA

View Full Version : AGS All American - LINEBACKERS

ursus arctos horribilis
July 26th, 2015, 03:16 PM
This is the list UNLESS you as a member can convince me (us) that your guy should be included.

This is not done by "I can't believe you have x on but not my guy!". If you have someone...argue for them. Don't just use a few stats either, start there but also add some add some details like if the guy up against better competition and had a great game point out some highlights or his efforts from a game like that.

I'm not exactly sure when we will vote on this but I can assure you time is limited on this so don't loaf around and then bitch later about it...get on it.

The list of:

LINEBACKERS

Don Cherry, Villanova, Sr.
Connor Underwood, Indiana State, Sr.
Luke Rhodes, William & Mary, Sr.
Christophe Mulumba Tshimanga, Maine, Jr.
Kamu Grugier-Hill, Eastern Illinois, Sr.
Deon King, Norfolk State, Sr.
Brett McMakin, Northern Iowa, Sr.
Kourtney Berry, Alabama State, Jr.
Darnell Sankey, Sacramento State, Sr.
Justin Cooper, Samford, Sr.
Pat Meehan, Illinois State, Sr.
Jonathan Jackson, Murray State, Jr.
James Rentz, Sacred Heart, Jr.
Akil Anderson, New Hampshire, Sr.
Kendrick Van Ackeren, Montana, Sr.
Mario Jenkins, Idaho State, Soph.
Cory Magwood, Furman, Sr.
Stephen Hodge, Fordham, Sr.
Jeremiah Kose, Montana, Sr.
Will Ratelle, North Dakota, Sr.
Aaron Cook, Gardner-Webb, Jr.
T.J. Lally, South Dakota State, Sr.
Akil Blount, Florida A&M, Sr.
Nakevion Leslie, Chattanooga, Jr.
Donelle Williams, Presbyterian College, Sr.
Michael Nicastro, Albany, Jr.
Carl Rider, Furman, Jr.
Javancy Jones, Jackson State, Jr.

BisonFan02
July 26th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Homer alert, but a guy that is going to be pushed into the spotlight this season (and a bit at the end of the year last year) is NDSU Jr. MLB Nick DeLuca. At 6'3" 239lbs (maybe even a bit bigger now), he's an extremely athletic guy that performs well in the Tampa 2. In his 5 starts (including the 4 games in the postseason), he averaged 9.2 tackles and 2 INTs. His INT against SHSU in the semis is a good example of his ability.

Watch at 2:00:00 and at 2:01:40 for replay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G51z6imqN_c

Go Green
July 26th, 2015, 04:57 PM
I'm going to protest a little louder about Dartmouth's Will McNamara's exclusion from this list. The guy sat behind All-ivy linebackers for two years, yet still got national defensively player of the year honors for returning two interceptions for TDs in the same game.

http://www.vnews.com/sports/biggreensportsscene/9123955-95/mac-attack

When he finally got his turn as a starter as a junior, he was a unanimous first-team All Ivy selection.

Dude can play.

smallcollegefbfan
July 26th, 2015, 09:42 PM
I'm going to protest a little louder about Dartmouth's Will McNamara's exclusion from this list. The guy sat behind All-ivy linebackers for two years, yet still got national defensively player of the year honors for returning two interceptions for TDs in the same game.

http://www.vnews.com/sports/biggreensportsscene/9123955-95/mac-attack

When he finally got his turn as a starter as a junior, he was a unanimous first-team All Ivy selection.

Dude can play.

We didn't get definite confirmation he is back until recently. Again, you guys need to tell your schools who list players as seniors despite having a year of eligibility left not to do it. When I collect postseason awards it's easy to miss certain players when initially taking lists and removing seniors. I know Dayton, Marist, and a few other schools do it. It's a huge pain in the butt. I have the most trouble with this in the Pioneer League and Ivy League.

Go Green
September 20th, 2015, 06:42 AM

And he had another pick-six against Georgetown yesterday.

Go Green
September 21st, 2015, 05:05 PM
And he had another pick-six against Georgetown yesterday.

And he gets Ivy League Defensive Player of the Week.

http://www.ivyleaguesports.com/sports/fball/2015-16/releases/Football_Weekly_Release_-_Week_2

Twentysix
September 21st, 2015, 07:59 PM
Very surprised that DeLuca didn't make this list.

He's doing alright so far this season, 3 GP 23 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 INT.

It will all sort itself later on in the season.

Panther-State
September 21st, 2015, 08:46 PM
Just wanted to mention that Brett McMakin is actually a Junior. He redshirted the 2012 season. Also, be on the lookout for true Sophomore Jared Farley. He's been impressive to begin this season and showed promise last year. Not sure where the pedigree comes from...

ngineer
September 21st, 2015, 09:58 PM
Lehigh's Colton Caslow needs to be considered. Though considered 'undersized' he's very quick to the ball. Happened to be FCS defensive player of the week in week one.

KillaBee
September 22nd, 2015, 11:30 AM
Sophomore linebacker Brandon Bryant #33 of LAFAYETTE COLLEGE made a career-high 18 tackles (nine solo, nine assists) in a solid defensive effort at Delaware on Sept. 12. He made a pair of third-down tackles that helped Lafayette finish off goal-line stands and held the Blue Hens to field goals. He was coming off a 13-tackle performance against William & Mary in week one and is currently ranked fourth in the NCAA with 15.5 tackles per game.
Defensive Player for Week 2.. Very fast and very instinctual. Brandon is is a thumper, Lets see how the season ends up, but early on he should be considered to be on the list.