PDA

View Full Version : AGS All American - DEFENSIVE TACKLES

ursus arctos horribilis
July 26th, 2015, 03:12 PM
This is the list UNLESS you as a member can convince me (us) that your guy should be included.

This is not done by "I can't believe you have x on but not my guy!". If you have someone...argue for them. Don't just use a few stats either, start there but also add some add some details like if the guy up against better competition and had a great game point out some highlights or his efforts from a game like that.

I'm not exactly sure when we will vote on this but I can assure you time is limited on this so don't loaf around and then bitch later about it...get on it.

The list of:

DEFENSIVE TACKLES

Javon Hargrave, South Carolina State, Sr.
O.J. Mau, Gardner-Webb, Sr.
Devaunte Sigler, Jacksonville State, Sr.
Jon Desir, Towson, Sr.
Al Page, Wagner, Sr.
Blaine Woodson, Delaware, Soph.
Taylor Sheridan, Montana State, Sr.
Tyler Kuder, Idaho State, Sr.
Mitchell Jeter, The Citadel, Sr.
Michael Pierce, Samford, Sr.
Dino Fanti, Eastern Illinois, Sr.
Alex Mosley, James Madison, Sr.
Helva Matungulu, Western Carolina, Sr.
Josh Freeman, Chattanooga, Sr.
Corey Lee, Incarnate Word, Jr.

FUBeAR
July 26th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Glad to see Jeter (CIT) & Freeman (UTC) on this list. Really good players, despite being a bit shorter/lighter than many on the list. Both are 6-0, 285 & are quick, play with great, clean technique & their 'motors' never stop. No 'plays off' with these two!

jmufan999
July 26th, 2015, 07:07 PM
love that Alex Mosley is being regarded that highly, but not sure i see it, if i'm being totally honest. good run stopper, strong, stout guy. but he's not going to rack up a lot of stats that show up after the game, and that's what people will look at when it comes to award season. but maybe he's much better than i realize, i don't know.

Go Green
July 26th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Starting to see a theme here....

AJ Zuttah, Dartmouth. Another returning first-team All-Ivy guy.

Coach Teevens has repeatedly referred to him the "Mayhem" guy from the Allstate commercials.

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11600&ATCLID=205503344

smallcollegefbfan
July 26th, 2015, 09:27 PM
love that Alex Mosley is being regarded that highly, but not sure i see it, if i'm being totally honest. good run stopper, strong, stout guy. but he's not going to rack up a lot of stats that show up after the game, and that's what people will look at when it comes to award season. but maybe he's much better than i realize, i don't know.

I wish people would stop thinking it's all about stats for every position. It's about who is a good football player. Lots of players with gaudy stats who are simply just FCS standouts out there but would not make it in FBS or even look good in a FCS all-star game with the top FCS players. Regardless of the numbers, Mosley is a solid player.

gotts
July 26th, 2015, 11:34 PM
I wish people would stop thinking it's all about stats. It's about who is a good football player. Lots of players with gaudy stats who are simply just FCS standouts who would not make it in FBS or would even look bad in a FCS all-star game with the best players in it. Mosley is a solid player.

I'm confused?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?170306-2015-TSN-Stats-Preseason-All-America-Teams&p=2230046&viewfull=1#post2230046

Sorry for the off-topic on DT's

smallcollegefbfan
July 27th, 2015, 04:09 AM
I'm confused?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?170306-2015-TSN-Stats-Preseason-All-America-Teams&p=2230046&viewfull=1#post2230046

Sorry for the off-topic on DT's

I was talking about QB when it comes to stats. Stats play a huge role when projecting awards but there are sometimes exceptions depending on the position.

There are certain positions where the best stats may not always be the best thing like at DB where you may have more breakups than another player simply because people pick on you a lot more, which is not good. My whole point is that when we nominate players or are picking several for a team that just having one more pick than another or 3 more tackles does not always mean that the player is better. You also have to remember that defensive stats, especially, aren't 100% accurate. Many times certain players stats are padded to help them get a certain award.