PDA

View Full Version : AGS All American - TIGHT ENDS

ursus arctos horribilis
July 25th, 2015, 02:50 PM
This is the list UNLESS you as a member can convince me (us) that your guy should be included.

This is not done by "I can't believe you have x on but not my guy!". If you have someone...argue for them. Don't just use a few stats either, start there but also add some add some details like if the guy up against better competition and had a great game point out some highlights or his efforts from a game like that.

I'm not exactly sure when we will vote on this but I can assure you time is limited on this so don't loaf around and then bitch later about it...get on it.

The list of:

TIGHT ENDS

Jordan Payne, Alcorn State, Sr.
Josh Cook, Idaho State, Jr.
Duncan Fletcher, Furman, Jr.
Deane Cheatham, James Madison, Sr.
Beau Sandland, Montana State, Sr.
R.J. Rickert, Northern Arizona, Sr.
Tamarrick Hemingway, South Carolina State, Sr.
Charlie McKeeman, Rhode Island, Soph.
Robert Brown, Mercer, Jr.
Zach Wimberly, Eastern Washington, Jr.
Adam Fuehne, Southern Illinois, Sr.
Ben Braunecker, Harvard, Sr.
John Quazza, Colgate, Sr.
Mike Estes, Gardner-Webb, Jr.
Braden Lehman, Northern Iowa, Sr.

Toby
October 21st, 2015, 07:29 PM
A midseason report on FCS Tight Ends:

1. Ben Braunecker, Harvard, 5 games, 15 rec, 321 yards, 4 TDs, 64.2 ypg
2. Ross Dwelley, San Diego , 6 games,35 rec, 367 yards, 1 TD, 61.2 ypg
3. Beau Sandland, Montana St., 6 games, 18 rec., 349 yards, 5 TDs, 58.2 ypg
4. Robert Brown, Mercer, 5 games, 14 rec., 284 yards, 2 TDs, 56.8 ypg
5. Anthony Firsker, Harvard, 4 games, 12 rec., 223 yards, 1 TD, 55.8 ypg

Yards per catch:
1. Ben Braunecker, Harvard, 21.40
2. Robert Brown, Mercer, 20.29
3. Beau Sandland, Montana St., 19.39
4. Dallas Goedert, S. Dakota St., 19.15
5. Anthony Firsker, Harvard, 18.58

Catamount87
October 22nd, 2015, 07:52 AM
As a stats lover, one statistic I'd like to see is catches for 1st downs. That's not something that's commonly mentioned. When it comes to TEs and WRs to a slightly lesser degree, the great ones are always considered "position" receivers mainly because they make key catches and 1st downs. Also, TEs aren't usually primary receivers, they are 2nd, 3rd, even 4th in the progression which makes those 1st down catches that much more important.

PaladinFan
October 22nd, 2015, 07:58 AM
As a stats lover, one statistic I'd like to see is catches for 1st downs. That's not something that's commonly mentioned. When it comes to TEs and WRs to a slightly lesser degree, the great ones are always considered "position" receivers mainly because they make key catches and 1st downs. Also, TEs aren't usually primary receivers, they are 2nd, 3rd, even 4th in the progression which makes those 1st down catches that much more important.

Furman's game notes always make a point to mention that Furman is one of the first, and still one of the only, FCS teams that heavily utilizes the tight end in the passing game. If you made a list of the top 10 SoCon tightends of the last 20 years, I imagine over half of them played for Furman.

Toby
October 22nd, 2015, 08:39 AM

Assuming you mean catches for 1st down on either 3rd or 4th down?

Walkon79
October 23rd, 2015, 10:25 AM
Sandland is an amazing talent. Wish we had him longer.

jmufan999
October 23rd, 2015, 12:16 PM
love Cheatham, he's a crowd favorite. converted FB with more athleticism than you'd expect. some of the best hands on the team.

he won't get a lot of awards in college, but I can see him getting a look in the NFL as an H-back due to his versatility and toughness.