PDA

View Full Version : The Low Down On NDSU

griz&beer
November 23rd, 2006, 06:29 PM
I wish you guys where in the playoffs, but you are not I fell for you. Here are some ???? for you. How many player do you lose next year? When are you playoff eligible? Next year?

NDSUFREAK
November 23rd, 2006, 06:56 PM
I wish you guys where in the playoffs, but you are not I fell for you. Here are some ???? for you. How many player do you lose next year? When are you playoff eligible? Next year?

We are losing 13 seniors this year, and 15 next year. We do though, however, have some good players that redshirted this year and will be ready to go.
We are eligible in 2008, but are trying to be eligible next year. KEEP WRITING LETTERS BISON FANS!

Mr. C
November 23rd, 2006, 07:04 PM
From conversations I've had with several conference commissioners the legislation to change the five-year transition period is DOA. There is no support for it outside of the Southland and maybe the Great West, or Big South. The other conferences are strongly against ANY change to this.

Mountain Panther
November 23rd, 2006, 07:08 PM
We are losing 13 seniors this year, and 15 next year. We do though, however, have some good players that redshirted this year and will be ready to go.
We are eligible in 2008, but are trying to be eligible next year. KEEP WRITING LETTERS BISON FANS!

What is the point of a "transition period" when it's just going to be cut short? :eyebrow:

TexasTerror
November 23rd, 2006, 09:39 PM
From conversations I've had with several conference commissioners the legislation to change the five-year transition period is DOA. There is no support for it outside of the Southland and maybe the Great West, or Big South. The other conferences are strongly against ANY change to this.

It's a shame when you have good programs like UCA and NDSU who are pulled down by a program like Savannah St, who is surely still not capable of running a solid Div I program...:mad:

NDSU_grad
November 24th, 2006, 08:43 AM
As far as impact players, the Bison lose two starters on defense, but they are arguably two of the better players to ever put on a Bison uniform. On offense, we lose a stud WR and the 2nd all-time leading rusher in Bison history, as well as two o-linemen. So we only lose a total of 6 starters, but they will definitely be difficult to replace.

NorthDakotaBison
November 24th, 2006, 08:58 AM
We lose a lot of good guys and a few great ones, the only irreplaceable player, imo, is Craig Dahl, strong safety. The guy was a star.

I'm not half as concerned as I was following last season and look how things turned out!

rvzlaw
November 24th, 2006, 10:26 AM
It's not a four-year transition period, not five. N.D St's first year was 2004, they started a year after UC Davis.

NDSUFREAK
November 24th, 2006, 12:06 PM
What is the point of a "transition period" when it's just going to be cut short? :eyebrow:

Whats wrong with trying to get it short? Every team's fans would do it if their team was in a transition period and they had the opportunity to TRY and make it one year less.

MplsBison
November 25th, 2006, 10:49 AM
It's not a four-year transition period, not five. N.D St's first year was 2004, they started a year after UC Davis.

Technically you're right, but you must do the exploritory year before you can start the 4 year period. So it really is 5.

CaBisonFan
November 25th, 2006, 08:36 PM

We will lose many good players...but recruiting has been very strong. It is really unfortunate that this group of players can't be in the playoffs. They're special. We'll probably lose our head coach before we're eligible.

It's a frustrating thing, to have this kind of team and to be sitting at home. The 5-year pergatory is too long...especially for programs that were as established as NDSU.

Seeing how most DI-AA programs just slipped into the division, 5 years is a little stiff. It's not right.

thanks