PDA

View Full Version : Coastals Simpson reprimanded

CSUBUCDAD
November 23rd, 2006, 08:21 AM
Big South commissioner Kyle Kallander announced that a public reprimand had been given to Jerome Simpson for his post game stunt last Saturday. CSU athletic director Hank Smalls was obviously wondering why so weak a response was given to this egregious violation of league policy.

"We assumed such conduct would never be tolerated. Based on previous situations in other sports in the league, we thought this would include a one-game suspension. I certianly respect the commissioners decision and reserve further comment until I speak with the league office."

As I stated in another thread, I was speechless after witnessing this event myself. I cannot help but think that this response to Simpsons outburst is exactly why so many of our youth have no respect for authority or understanding of what is considered civilized behavior. It is one thing to be excited about a win and I have no problems with celebrating a victory, but the conduct of young Mr. Simpson last week is a conduct that we must collectively condon. Now lets see if Coach Bennett has the cahonies to do the right thing. I am not holding my breath.

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2006, 09:26 AM
I'm sure it was/will be handled internally.

Tribe4SF
November 23rd, 2006, 09:36 AM
What did he do?

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2006, 09:48 AM
What did he do?

He is accused of cursing at some CSU players and fans after the game. I suspect that the non-suspension is because he wasn't the only one acting in such a manner. There were lots of talk back and forth all day.

I certainly don't condone this behavior, but also realize that it likely wasn't as one-sided as the CSU folks are trying to make it appear.

PaladinFan
November 23rd, 2006, 10:04 AM
long story short, without Simpson the Chants have a snowball's chance of beating the Apps.

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2006, 10:12 AM
long story short, without Simpson the Chants have a snowball's chance of beating the Apps.

Many say we have a snowball's chance anyway. If what he did warrants a suspension so be it, but the league didn't see it that way.

Coastal89
November 23rd, 2006, 10:23 AM
Personnally, i'll beleive Jerome who says the accusations are false before i'll beleive some disgruntled fans who have nothing better to do than write letters to the league office. Why don't you watch a tape of last years game and pay close attention to the taunting CSU players gave Simpson while he was laying on the ground after his screw up.

psc2445
November 23rd, 2006, 10:27 AM
Personnally, i'll beleive Jerome who says the accusations are false before i'll beleive some disgruntled fans who have nothing better to do than write letters to the league office. Why don't you watch a tape of last years game and pay close attention to the taunting CSU players gave Simpson while he was laying on the ground after his screw up.

rose colored coastal glasses
if its obvious enough for the league to see it on tape i am going to have to side with the league's decision. i doubt that he didnt curse if he is in a verbal dispute. come on

Tribe4SF
November 23rd, 2006, 10:31 AM

Uh...and with him they do?:eyebrow:

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2006, 10:32 AM
rose colored coastal glasses
if its obvious enough for the league to see it on tape i am going to have to side with the league's decision. i doubt that he didnt curse if he is in a verbal dispute. come on

I have to agree. If the league saw fit to give him a warning then so be it - but now CSU's AD isn't happy with that. Everyone should let the league sort it out. Based on the evidence they handled it the best way they saw fit. End of story.

Coastal89
November 23rd, 2006, 10:43 AM
If he did what he's accused of then it'll be handled by Bennett, but it is football, if CSU players and fans don't want to be affended by a few curse words there's a league they can join. It's called the NCCAA. I just don't see the point of trying to damage a kids future because you got your feelings hurt.

ravens
November 23rd, 2006, 01:19 PM
Isn't he the kid that scored a safety for the other team last year?
Is he all-academic for the Chants?

The Gadfly
November 23rd, 2006, 01:51 PM
Should I write a letter to the league about how the "holy" student body was cursing, throwing things, and threating Coastal fans on the visitors' side (including young kids between 9 and 12 visiting from Loris, SC, no joking). Their student body was the worse I have EVER seen. Winthrop, Appy and GSU have nothing on the classless student body I witnessed that day against Chuck South. If their athletes are anything like their student body, I can see what Simpson is talking about. : smh :

PaladinFan
November 23rd, 2006, 03:44 PM
Uh...and with him they do?:eyebrow:

seen both teams. CCU can hang with the Apps if Thigpen and Simpson are playing to the level they are capable of.

AppAlum96
November 23rd, 2006, 03:54 PM

Boone is hospitable to snowballs. This I know.

Death Dealer
November 23rd, 2006, 06:49 PM
It will be an interesting game. I fully expect App to pound on the Chants, but I'd love to see it turn into a game....and we all know that it could.

BeauFoster
November 23rd, 2006, 08:16 PM
Many say we have a snowball's chance anyway. If what he did warrants a suspension so be it, but the league didn't see it that way.

The ACC thought that a one-game suspension was enough for those thugs at Miami after the brawl earlier this year. I don't put any faith in conferences when money is at risk. The Big South ain't gonna kick out one of the best chances CCU has to beat ASU. Bennett isn't going to do it either.

rokamortis
November 23rd, 2006, 08:23 PM
The ACC thought that a one-game suspension was enough for those thugs at Miami after the brawl earlier this year. I don't put any faith in conferences when money is at risk. The Big South ain't gonna kick out one of the best chances CCU has to beat ASU. Bennett isn't going to do it either.

Regardless, it isn't an issue anyone other than Coastal and the Big South needs to be concerned about. The bottom line is that it is the conference's job to deal with it and they did as they saw fit. I'm sure Bennett has issued a punishment if he deemed it appropriate - he's done it before. Not all punishments need to be suspensions.

BeauFoster
November 23rd, 2006, 08:53 PM
I don't know what he said or did, I am just saying that I personally put no faith in the conference administration (regardless of what conference it is). They tend to only think about what will make them the most money in the long run, just like the NCAA. IMO, it won't matter if he plays on Saturday anyway.:)

Souza
November 24th, 2006, 12:18 PM
the conduct of young Mr. Simpson last week is a conduct that we must collectively condon.

Do you know what condone means?

Condone, Verb.
To overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure.

psc2445
November 24th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Do you know what condone means?

Condone, Verb.
To overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure.

well played, souzaxlolx

CSU Girl
November 27th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Simpson got off easy.

CSUBUCDAD
November 27th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Big South commissioner Kyle Kallander announced that a public reprimand had been given to Jerome Simpson for his post game stunt last Saturday. CSU athletic director Hank Smalls was obviously wondering why so weak a response was given to this egregious violation of league policy.

"We assumed such conduct would never be tolerated. Based on previous situations in other sports in the league, we thought this would include a one-game suspension. I certianly respect the commissioners decision and reserve further comment until I speak with the league office."

As I stated in another thread, I was speechless after witnessing this event myself. I cannot help but think that this response to Simpsons outburst is exactly why so many of our youth have no respect for authority or understanding of what is considered civilized behavior. It is one thing to be excited about a win and I have no problems with celebrating a victory, but the conduct of young Mr. Simpson last week is a conduct that we must collectively "condemn". Now lets see if Coach Bennett has the cahonies to do the right thing. I am not holding my breath.
I think I meant condemn instead of condone.

bodoyle
November 27th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Simpson got off easy.

xidiotx :bang:

He was reprimanded just like the other BSC athletes that acted up this past sports season.

Dabnus Brickey
November 27th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Its amazing that after you lose, you still have to hang your hat on something like this. Wasn't it your DB, who tried to cover Simpson, that got the first personal foul called?

CoastalFan2005
November 27th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Simpson got off easy.

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

CoastalFan2005
November 27th, 2006, 04:12 PM
CSU Fans - you still have yet to adequately address your fans' lack of class after CSU scored its first touchdown of the game.

In short...get off the Jerome Simpson thing. This game was on Nov. 18. It's Nov. 27. Stop :bawling: about it and move on. You had a good year, and you're making all your fans look like idiots for repeatedly whining and whining and whining about something that has already been taken care of by the Conference. Unless your name is Kyle Kallander or David Bennett...stop trying to be in charge of what happens to Jerome Simpson. :bang: :bang: :bang: xidiotx