PDA

View Full Version : Question for my Jersey & Eastern PA Fans

FootballCEO
July 20th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Does anyone have a connection at either Monmouth, Princeton, Lehigh, Villanova or Penn's campus radio station?

PAllen
July 20th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Lehigh's was very student run, which I believe is still true. I would just email/call the contact listed on the webpage. They should be fairly responsive.

HailSzczur
July 20th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Student radio? or the station that covers the games?

CHIP72
July 20th, 2015, 07:45 PM
With Penn, are you talking about the station sponsored by the university (WXPN 88.5 FM) or the student-run station (which is only broadcast via closed circuit on campus)? WXPN carries many of the basketball games but they do not carry the football games (that's one of the commercial radio stations in Philadelphia I believe).

With Princeton, their station (103.3 FM) has a powerful signal (readily available 50 miles away in the Lehigh Valley). I want to say they carry games on the campus radio station.

With Lehigh, I don't think their station (91.3 FM) carries games; I think they are carried on a commercial radio station.

Incidentally, I'm unsure why you didn't list Lafayette, but I believe their station is a closed circuit station only available on campus. (I never recall hearing it on the radio, unlike Lehigh, Muhlenberg, or Centenary among colleges near Lafayette/Easton.)

BTW, I miss my college radio DJ days; that was fun.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 20th, 2015, 09:05 PM
I think I can help. What Emory is looking for is to contact the schools/students because he needs a decent studio to do some broadcasting etc. I think is the goal.

FootballCEO
July 21st, 2015, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the help Gang! AGS is, and has always been, a damn good resource!