S Taison Manu Sr. Pocatello, Idaho Idaho State
S Miles Killebrew Sr. Henderson, Nev. Southern Utah
P Ryan Hawkins Sr. Peoria, Ariz. Northern Arizona
Special Teams – Chad Newell Jr. Billings, Mont. Montana State

*Unanimous selection
#2014 First Team All-Conference

nodak651
July 20th, 2015, 09:57 AM
So how does one of the best defenses in the league, which has almost all of the starters returning, not have a single player selected?

smallcollegefbfan
July 20th, 2015, 10:17 AM
So how does one of the best defenses in the league, which has almost all of the starters returning, not have a single player selected?

I do think Will Ratelle is underrated. He is very short but he can run and is very active. Ratelle is the only player you have who I think has an argument for 1st team but it is also hard to argue against the ones who were picked.

This list is about what you should expect. I also did not have any UND players on my 1st team defense but have 2 on the 2nd team and 1 on the 3rd team.

Nodak78
July 20th, 2015, 08:28 PM
UND doesn't have one player on the defense that was picked. Idaho State has 3 picked. If that is the case how could the Bengals end up at the bottom of the league in defense. ummmm.

smallcollegefbfan
July 20th, 2015, 08:32 PM
UND doesn't have one player on the defense that was picked. Idaho State has 3 picked. If that is the case how could the Bengals end up at the bottom of the league in defense. ummmm.

Easy answer here. In football you need to be strong from 1-11. Idaho State has 2-3 real good defensive players but the rest of the unit was very weak. They didn't have enough good players to do well. The group had a couple stars but too many below average players. UND is solid all around with just one player who I could argue for first team right now but 4-6 who could challenge for 2nd-3rd team and another 2-3 for honorable mention while ISU has those 3 players and then nothing else. UND has a better unit top to bottom.

Look at it this way. When you compare the top players on defense 1-11 Idaho State's first 2 are better than your first two but everyone from 3-11 is much better than what Idaho State has. I expect Dranka to step up and become a star this year. He flashed and should be a first-teamer by the end of 2016, along with a couple others.

Nodak78
July 20th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Easy answer here. In football you need to be strong from 1-11. Idaho State has 2-3 real good defensive players but the rest of the unit was very weak. They didn't have enough good players to do well. The group had a couple stars but too many below average players. UND is solid all around with just one player who I could argue for first team right now but 4-6 who could challenge for 2nd-3rd team and another 2-3 for honorable mention while ISU has those 3 players and then nothing else. UND has a better unit top to bottom.

Look at it this way. When you compare the top players on defense 1-11 Idaho State's first 2 are better than your first two but everyone from 3-11 is much better than what Idaho State has. I expect Dranka to step up and become a star this year. He flashed and should be a first-teamer by the end of 2016, along with a couple others.

I see your point and agree for the most part. I believe Dranka was close to first team this year and will be 1st team at the end of the year. a special player for sure.