PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs Montana Tailgate

Bisonoline
July 15th, 2015, 08:01 PM
I was just reading the rules for tailgating at Montana. Was it a mis-print when it said tailgate starts 2 hours prior to game time?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2015, 10:17 PM
I was just reading the rules for tailgating at Montana. Was it a mis-print when it said tailgate starts 2 hours prior to game time?

That might be what is printed but not normally what happens unless it's a noon kick.

Bisonoline
July 15th, 2015, 10:56 PM
That might be what is printed but not normally what happens unless it's a noon kick.

They have a signed Lot G for NDSU and it opens at 9. What time do they normally open?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2015, 11:03 PM
They have a signed Lot G for NDSU and it opens at 9. What time do they normally open?

Well I don't know about that. We normally take the motorhome there the night before so that might be correct on lot open time.

Catsfan90
July 15th, 2015, 11:48 PM
When I first read this I thought it was going to be an argument about which school had better tailgating. Lol

Bisonoline
July 16th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Well I don't know about that. We normally take the motorhome there the night before so that might be correct on lot open time.

So they let you party there Friday night? Or do they just let you park early?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 16th, 2015, 01:05 AM

I don't know if they allow it but don't think anyone does it really too much but for us it's about the parking.

BisonFan02
July 20th, 2015, 05:13 PM
RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://memecrunch.com/meme/69VCU/you-will-never-party-this-hard/image.png

IBleedYellow
July 20th, 2015, 08:49 PM
Just tell me where I need to go Ursus, and that's where I am that day.

BisonFan02
July 20th, 2015, 09:11 PM
Just tell me where I need to go Ursus, and that's where I am that day.

The POD and I will be doing our best to absolutely wreck Missoula...that's where you will be. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
July 20th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Here is/are some basics that you will be expected to know upon arrival. Study up bitches. The hotels listed are the most popular locations to stay when coming from out of town so they are on the map JIC you are staying there.

https://www.google.com/maps/@46.8686878,-113.9843402,2109m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!6m1!1szDZNcmhHJVzk.kGfgzdZR-TUQ?hl=en

Grizalltheway
July 29th, 2015, 02:15 PM

Downtown is the place to be the Friday before the game, not a parking lot. xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Downtown is the place to be the Friday before the game, not a parking lot. xthumbsupx

Yeah, you tailgate in a few block area down there near Central Park.

That's a parking structure btw. xlolx

BisonFan02
July 29th, 2015, 04:12 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Partying_9a8e53_1673852.jpg

Grizalltheway
July 30th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Yeah, you tailgate in a few block area down there near Central Park.

That's a parking structure btw. xlolx

Yeah, whoever came up with that one is pretty punny.

BisonFan02
August 20th, 2015, 07:55 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb1biu9O0l1qey59co1_250.gif

BisonFan02
August 23rd, 2015, 08:19 PM
Hey, so who's all going? :D

BisonTru
August 23rd, 2015, 08:45 PM
I'll be there.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2015, 09:18 PM
You guys have the tailgate locator I posted earlier so make sure you stop by and say hello. Me and Alpha a few others will be going to Double Front Chicken on Thursday Night for fried macaroni, chicken, and a fair amount of beers.

Friday about 11:30 will be a lunch meet up at the Dinosaur Cafe/Charlie B's before getting on the Griz party bus to tool around and have some beers, then go by the stadium for a little tour for our NDSU friends.

Friday night at various bars. I hear some Bison peops got in touch with my friend that owns the Silver Dollar so I'm assuming some of you have plans for that spot?

Use that link I put up in here earlier to at least stop by and say hello if you won't be doing any ot the other stuff with us.

IBleedYellow
August 24th, 2015, 01:14 PM
You guys have the tailgate locator I posted earlier so make sure you stop by and say hello. Me and Alpha a few others will be going to Double Front Chicken on Thursday Night for fried macaroni, chicken, and a fair amount of beers.

Friday about 11:30 will be a lunch meet up at the Dinosaur Cafe/Charlie B's before getting on the Griz party bus to tool around and have some beers, then go by the stadium for a little tour for our NDSU friends.

Friday night at various bars. I hear some Bison peops got in touch with my friend that owns the Silver Dollar so I'm assuming some of you have plans for that spot?

Use that link I put up in here earlier to at least stop by and say hello if you won't be doing any ot the other stuff with us.

Is there still room on the party bus and stadium tour, or are you guys all maxed out?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Is there still room on the party bus and stadium tour, or are you guys all maxed out?

I am not sure now that you ask, I'll check with Alf today.

IBleedYellow
August 24th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Shoot me a text/voicemail or pm if you can. We're planning on getting in around 8 am on Friday...so we'll be down for lunch/etc once we nap for 4-5 hours.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 24th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Shoot me a text/voicemail or pm if you can. We're planning on getting in around 8 am on Friday...so we'll be down for lunch/etc once we nap for 4-5 hours.

Sounds good but the deal starts at about 11:30a with grabbing some lunch and then the bus leaves right after that at 1p and goes til about 5p with the stadium tour we are setting up happening in the middle of the bus trippage so not sure if you will making that and fitting a nap in at the same time.

IBleedYellow
August 24th, 2015, 11:47 PM
We can make that!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 25th, 2015, 12:16 AM
We can make that!

Cool, tomorrow I'll make up an itinerary and post it up.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 25th, 2015, 08:37 AM
Cool, tomorrow I'll make up an itinerary and post it up.

I won't be in until noon so a rough idea of where you guys will be would be ideal so I can catch up with you all. In an effort to not Grizo (can that be a verb now?) I'm not going to start that early!

BisonFan02
August 25th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I won't be in until noon so a rough idea of where you guys will be would be ideal so I can catch up with you all. In an effort to not Grizo (can that be a verb now?) I'm not going to start that early!

Just now? I liken pulling a "Grizo" to being "Munsoned".......up **** creek without a paddle....having the whole city of Fargo in your hands...and figuratively vomiting all over yourself and falling asleep at 4pm. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
August 25th, 2015, 11:49 AM
Just now? I liken pulling a "Grizo" to being "Munsoned".......up **** creek without a paddle....having the whole city of Fargo in your hands...and figuratively vomiting all over yourself and falling asleep at 4pm. xlolx
Yes. That is what I'm attempting to avoid. Grizoing

ursus arctos horribilis
August 25th, 2015, 04:59 PM
I am putting this on the public FCSD page until after the game for easy reference to those that are not members or logged in. After the game it will go back to the tailgate forum.

Here's the lay out for Thursday night through Kickoff on Saturday.

---------------THURSDAY---------------
Double Front Chicken @ 6:30p Mountain on Thursday 08/27/2015::
https://goo.gl/maps/cv72g

Double Front Chicken for a meet up on Thursday night with Griz and any Bison fans that can make it. We will be in the basement (bar) of this fabulous little Chicken house starting at 6-7p.

---------------FRIDAY---------------
Charlie B's/Dino Cafe @ 11:30a Mountain on Friday 08/28/2015:
https://goo.gl/maps/GxN05

Friday at 11:30a there will be a lunch gathering at the Dinosaur Cafe which is inside the magnificent Missoula landmark known as Charlie B's. Don't show up late or you will be ****ing yourself out of some good eats because you will put yourself in a long line and you don't have that kind of time to spare...trust me. It's just a couple blocks from Double Front as well.

---------------
Red's Bar @ 12:30p Mountain on Friday 08/28/2015:
https://goo.gl/maps/iOf7S

Immediately after having some really solid comfort food the fun shifts over to Red's Bar in beautiful downtown Missoula. If I need to explain Red's Bar you are a newb or a rube and in either case you should just keep yer mouth shut and go along and pretend you know about it. It's only one of the best and most fun places on earth. This is where we will be hopping on a Griz party bus to do a tour of some breweries and then take a run by the stadium and get a look at a few things around the Athletic Dept.

The bus ends about 5p and after that the plan is just a free for all so you NDSU folks can grab a Mo Burger and have some beers at the downtown pub crawl which involves many, many bars.

---------------SATURDAY---------------
Tailgates starting @ 9:30s Mountain on Friday 08/29/2015:

Ok, this is it, this is what we've all benn waiting for. This is your chance NDSU fans to come grab a seat in the finest, loudest, coldest, bestest stadium this country has to offer. You will feel proud to be an American once you enter vernerable Washington-Grizzly Stadium. Just before that though we will raise some plastic cups together and then at 1/2 time we will again raise some cups. We're not the sort of folks that think we need to hold ya hostage at 1/2 time.

You can pre party at almost any bar in Missoula and they will have a bus to take you to the game. The buses leave the bars about an hour and a half before kickoff normally but if you just want to head right to the stadium that is where the fun will be getting rolling at around the apointed time above.

Here are some friends of AGS and their tailgat locations. They will be happy to see you if you stop by to say hello. You are all welcome to come by the one marked with my username and have some food and beer on me and my friends at the Otis tailgate. The map below has the two tailgates as well as several other key lacations for you to set your bearings with.

Tailgate Map:
https://goo.gl/maps/uy9x5

NoDak 4 Ever
August 25th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Damn. I knew I should have come in on Thursday!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 25th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Damn. I knew I should have come in on Thursday!

Our travel group never gets into anyplace we're going later than Wednesday night or Thursday morning. I'd get too f'n antsy waing until the day before to get there and enjoy whatever it is the place has. Ah well, next time you get in early.

BisonTru
August 28th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Does Missoula have Uber?

NoDak 4 Ever
August 28th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Does Missoula have Uber?
No. I discovered that last night. Very few taxis as well.