PDA

View Full Version : UNI/MONTANA HOME AND HOME STARTING 2016

Pages : [1] 2

clenz
July 15th, 2015, 11:18 AM
I called it on twitter yesterday

http://www.unipanthers.com/news/2015/7/15/FB_0715154237.aspx

Two of the nation's premier Football Championship Subdivision powers will collide in the UNI-Dome on Sept. 10, 2016, when the UNI Panthers play host to the Montana Grizzlies.

It will mark only the second time that the teams have met in the UNI-Dome, while it will be the sixth overall meeting between the Panthers and Grizzlies on the gridiron.

The Panthers will make a return trip to Missoula, Mont., on Sept. 1, 2018, to complete the home-and-home deal between powers in the Missouri Valley Football Conference and the Big Sky Conference.

Montana's only other appearance in the UNI-Dome came on Oct. 3, 1987. The Grizzlies were able to score a 33-16 win over UNI in a non-conference regular season contest.

The last three meetings between UNI and Montana have all come in the NCAA FCS playoffs and all three of them were staged in Missoula. UNI and Montana met in the FCS playoffs in 1994, 2001 and 2011. UNI has made 17 FCS playoff appearances, while Montana has been in the FCS playoffs on 22 occasions.

UNI's 2016 non-conference slate is now complete with the agreement in place to play Montana. UNI will open the 2016 season at Iowa State on Sept. 3, before coming home to play the Grizzlies in the UNI-Dome on Sept. 10. UNI will travel to Eastern Washington on Sept. 17.

All-Time Series Results – UNI vs. Montana
Sept. 26, 1981 – Montana 42, UNI 21 (Missoula, Mont.)
Oct. 3, 1987 – Montana 33, UNI 16 (Cedar Falls, Iowa)
Nov. 26, 1994 – Montana 23, UNI 20 (Missoula, Mont.)
Dec. 15, 2001 – Montana 38, UNI 0 (Missoula, Mont.)
Dec. 9, 2011 – Montana 48, UNI 10 (Missoula, Mont.)

UNI's 2016 Non-Conference Schedule
Sept. 3, 2016 – UNI at Iowa State
Sept. 10, 2016 – Montana at UNI
Sept. 17, 2016 – UNI at Eastern Washington

clenz
July 15th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Troy, I'll see you in CF next year?

clenz
July 15th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Let's make this **** an AGS shindig.

UNI is pretty central - should be no problem to get Montana, UNI, SIU, NDSU, ISUr, etc... posters all there!

NoDak 4 Ever
July 15th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Let's make this **** an AGS shindig.

UNI is pretty central - should be no problem to get Montana, UNI, SIU, NDSU, ISUr, etc... posters all there!

I will admit my trip to CF wasn't terrible last year. Well at least to Des Moines.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Troy, I'll see you in CF next year?

You god damn right. You'll see all of us!

****ING A! Nice work fixing the hole we had the NcNeese game.

This is Troy Dannan and Kent Haslam doing some very, very fine work!

kdinva
July 15th, 2015, 11:54 AM
THis is good for all of 1-AA.......

clenz
July 15th, 2015, 12:03 PM
You god damn right. You'll see all of us!

****ING A! Nice work fixing the hole we had the NcNeese game.

This is Troy Dannan and Kent Haslam doing some very, very fine work!
They appear to be two of the very best in the fcs.

The BSC and western MVFC are going to lean heavily on each other for ooc going forward I believe due to the loss of SLC options

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 15th, 2015, 12:15 PM
UNI has been playing some killer OOC games lately! This is great for FCS!!

grizband
July 15th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Couldn't have asked for a better replacement FCS game!

clenz
July 15th, 2015, 12:23 PM
UNI has been playing some killer OOC games lately! This is great for FCS!!
Coach Farley's "motto" is "Anyone, Anywhere" and it's clear he absolutely means it

McNeese State
SFA
Montana
SUU (when they were good)
Cal Poly
EWU

all since 2010

GetEmGriz
July 15th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Couldn't have asked for a better replacement FCS game!

Hate to do this to ya, grizband, but you've gotta add Coastal Carolina to your signature list... xsmhx

BISON Thunder
July 15th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Both Montana and Northern Iowa should be credited for scheduling awesome non conference games.

grizband
July 15th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Hate to do this to ya, grizband, but you've gotta add Coastal Carolina to your signature list... xsmhx
You're right, can't believe I missed that...

UNIFanSince1983
July 15th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I don't know why it took it this long to get this on the schedule. Can't wait for the Griz to FINALLY have to come to the UNI-Dome!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2015, 02:14 PM
I don't know why it took it this long to get this on the schedule. Can't wait for the Griz to FINALLY have to come to the UNI-Dome!

You mean other than the time we were there before? I don't get how a lot of the UNI fans don't seem to know the history cuz that claim of not being there or alluding to that happens all the time. Granted it was 87 but we have been there.

clenz
July 15th, 2015, 02:20 PM
You mean other than the time we were there before? I don't get how a lot of the UNI fans don't seem to know the history cuz that claim of not being there or alluding to that happens all the time. Granted it was 87 but we have been there.
If I wasn't born yet it didn't happen...xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2015, 02:35 PM
If I wasn't born yet it didn't happen...xlolx
Yeah, I can see that but I did say know the history...I remember I had to bring that to your attention years back and the not born yet thing makes good sense in that case...but this is a UNIfansince4yearbeforethatgamehappened so that is not excusable.:D

When I get there you better have those dicks saying we haven't been there in line.:)

clenz
July 15th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I can see that but I did say know the history...I remember I had to bring that to your attention years back and the not born yet thing makes good sense in that case...but this is a UNIfansince4yearbeforethatgamehappened so that is not excusable.:D

When I get there you better have those dicks saying we haven't been there in line.:)
That would require me going to PantherNation....that **** doesn't happen anymore.

I'll just carry around a copies of the 1987 schedule and hand them out...

Also, we need to not that the actual UNI/Montana history is this

NOT

Montana decided to break some NCAA rules and have that game...um...well....it doesn't actually exist anymorexwhistlexxrulesx*

*unless that changed again

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2015, 02:44 PM
That would require me going to PantherNation....that **** doesn't happen anymore.

I'll just carry around a copies of the 1987 schedule and hand them out...

Also, we need to not that the actual UNI/Montana history is this

NOT

Montana decided to break some NCAA rules and have that game...um...well....it doesn't actually exist anymorexwhistlexxrulesx*

*unless that changed again

Oh yeah, that two year investigation that revealed some hot dog and a friends dad posting some bail on a disturbing the peace call. That game counts, I was there, I watched it, it happened. I'm fine with you going the other one on that one though. I still think you are missing one game though....maybe not but will have to look later.

clenz
July 15th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Oh yeah, that two year investigation that revealed some hot dog and a friends dad posting some bail on a disturbing the peace call. That game counts, I was there, I watched it, it happened. I'm fine with you going the other one on that one though. I still think you are missing one game though....maybe not but will have to look later.
NCAA says it doesn't count...so....:pxsmashxxslapfightx

No

W/L

Date

PF

PA

Notes

L

09-26-1981

Missoula, MT

L

10-03-1987

Cedar Falls, IA

L

11-26-1994

Missoula, MT

Division I-AA 1st Round Playoff Game

L

12-15-2001

Missoula, MT

Division I-AA Semifinal Playoff Game

L

12-09-2011

Missoula, MT

Division I-AA Quarterfinal Playoff Game

Quit trying to make us have more losses to you than we already have

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2015, 02:49 PM
NCAA says it doesn't count...so....:pxsmashxxslapfightx

No

W/L

Date

PF

PA

Notes

L

09-26-1981

Missoula, MT

L

10-03-1987

Cedar Falls, IA

L

11-26-1994

Missoula, MT

Division I-AA 1st Round Playoff Game

L

12-15-2001

Missoula, MT

Division I-AA Semifinal Playoff Game

L

12-09-2011

Missoula, MT

Division I-AA Quarterfinal Playoff Game

Quit trying to make us have more losses to you than we already have

ursuscaa say it does. Case closed.

Daytripper
July 15th, 2015, 02:50 PM
This is good news. Hope it gets some broad TV coverage.

IBleedYellow
July 15th, 2015, 06:19 PM
Hot damn, that's some sweet OOC games from UNI the past 5 years.

Hammersmith
July 15th, 2015, 09:02 PM
This is going to make ESPN's 2016 kickoff game choice very interesting. Do they go with EWU@NDSU or Mont@UNI? The decision will probably come down to playoff success this fall.

NDSUSR
July 15th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Montana vs UNI would be my bet. Even ESPN hates EWU.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2015, 09:52 PM
This is going to make ESPN's 2016 kickoff game choice very interesting. Do they go with EWU@NDSU or Mont@UNI? The decision will probably come down to playoff success this fall.
Or a double header thing would probably work out pretty sweet too.

Hammersmith
July 15th, 2015, 09:53 PM

That would be very cool.

Grizalltheway
July 15th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Montana vs UNI would be my bet. Even ESPN hates EWU.

Is that why they had the kickoff game last year?

I'd advise keeping that helmet on.

Bisonator
July 16th, 2015, 07:48 AM

I thought that was kind of ESPN's original idea to have 3 games actually. One in the east one in central and one in the west. But they've had trouble getting good OOC matchups to make it happen. Maybe I dreamt that up though....

clenz
July 16th, 2015, 07:48 AM
A week 2 game doesn't play well for a "kick off" event

Bisonator
July 16th, 2015, 08:03 AM
A week 2 game doesn't play well for a "kick off" event

It could be moved up if both teams are willing.

clenz
July 16th, 2015, 08:28 AM
Doubt it will happen. Maybe...but Farley will want uninterrupted lead up that that Iowa State game

Bisonator
July 16th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Doubt it will happen. Maybe...but Farley will want uninterrupted lead up that that Iowa State game

I know. Same reason Kliemen wouldn't move last years game.

clenz
July 16th, 2015, 10:19 AM
It will sound odd to those not from the area, especially because the Montana game will have a much larger playoff/potential seed impact than Iowa State, but the Iowa and Iowa State games mean so much to the fan base, program, athletic department, etc... A win in one of those, or even the extremely near misses like we've had the last few years, does more for gaining statewide recognition from media, fans and recruits than Montana, McNeese, Illinois State, etc...

Let's put it this way - should UNI win a national title before 2018 and then beat Iowa in 2018 the Iowa win will be twice as "important", easily, as the title to the athletic department, university, most of the fans (probably 3/4th), marketing, etc...

If given a choice an Iowa State win or Montana win in 2016 the majority of fans will pick ISU. Now, fans like me will pick Montana because of "obvious reasons" that "diehard fans" will know. Give me a choice of Iowa and Montana I'd probably go Iowa. If you told me title or Iowa I don't know how I'd lean. Title or Iowa state? Title.

It's a strange dynamic UNI fans have with the 2 FBS school games and then a title and teams like Montana or UD

Grizalltheway
July 16th, 2015, 11:42 AM
At this point I think our "little brother" would prefer a win over us in Bozeman, considering it hasn't happened since 2005.xcoffeex

CrazyCat
July 16th, 2015, 12:12 PM
At this point I think our "little brother" would prefer a win over us in Bozeman, considering it hasn't happened since 2005.xcoffeex

Prefer it to what?

UNIFanSince1983
July 16th, 2015, 01:27 PM

Well clearly my reading comprehension skills are lacking as I didn't notice the one in CF on that list. I was probably even at that game. I was only 3 years old, but more than likely at that game.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 16th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Well clearly my reading comprehension skills are lacking as I didn't notice the one in CF on that list. I was probably even at that game. I was only 3 years old, but more than likely at that game.

The list wasn't up when you made the comment. It's a comment I hear often from UNI fans and I always point out that we have been there so we can get you to stop saying it since it's misinformation and all that. Spread the word brother, we'll get this fixed.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 16th, 2015, 01:33 PM
Oh, never mind, I see it was in clenz' original post as well.

UNIFanSince1983
July 16th, 2015, 01:37 PM
The list wasn't up when you made the comment. It's a comment I hear often from UNI fans and I always point out that we have been there so we can get you to stop saying it since it's misinformation and all that. Spread the word brother, we'll get this fixed.

I will get it spread. It was just me simply misreading the original post. I had probably known you had come here once I just forgot.

Together we can change UNI fans for the better ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 16th, 2015, 01:46 PM
I will get it spread. It was just me simply misreading the original post. I had probably known you had come here once I just forgot.

Together we can change UNI fans for the better ;)

Atta boy! Get em' dog! xlolx

Seriously can not wait to go there and meet some of you I haven't yet and spend some time enjoying that community. Everytime we go somewhere I say "we're doing everything" and this won't be any different.

Grizalltheway
July 16th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Prefer it to what?

See clenz's post.

clenz
July 16th, 2015, 02:07 PM

Seriously can not wait to go there and meet some of you I haven't yet and spend some time enjoying that community. Everytime we go somewhere I say "we're doing everything" and this won't be any different.Things like this is why I miss living in Cedar Falls.

Now I'm going to have to pay for a hotel room in a city an hour from my house.

I've already got ideas/places marked to go

PantherRob82
July 16th, 2015, 02:36 PM

Seriously can not wait to go there and meet some of you I haven't yet and spend some time enjoying that community. Everytime we go somewhere I say "we're doing everything" and this won't be any different.

Cedar Falls won't impress you much.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 16th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Cedar Falls won't impress you much.

I wouldn't be too sure about that cuz we find and make fun with our local friends every time and if it's decided there is some close and cool to go do then we do it.

They have beer there right? Can cook up a good burger?

We're set brother!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 16th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Things like this is why I miss living in Cedar Falls.

Now I'm going to have to pay for a hotel room in a city an hour from my house.

I've already got ideas/places marked to go

Excellent, good start then.

clenz
July 16th, 2015, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't be too sure about that cuz we find and make fun with our local friends every time and if it's decided there is some close and cool to go do then we do it.

We're set brother!
Plenty of beer - and a great local brewery that kicked up in the last couple years that's expanding

Plenty of good food

Cedar Falls gets a bad rap because it's a smaller (35kish) town that is bordered with a town with a terrible reputation (not completely deserved but mostly) due to gang activity and crime. The bar scene has been completely revamped the last 4 years or so. It's a small scene but the places are pretty good. Everything is very compact. Unlike Fargo where we had a 10-15 minute drive from the hotel to the bars and then 10-15 minutes to the stadium from the hotel you can get a hotel right on the same block as the bars and it's 4 minutes to the Dome.

It won't be the best city you've ever been too, but I've been to every city in the MVFC except Carbondale, Youngstown, and Springfield. Cedar Falls is top 2 or 3.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 16th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Plenty of beer - and a great local brewery that kicked up in the last couple years that's expanding

Plenty of good food

Cedar Falls gets a bad rap because it's a smaller (35kish) town that is bordered with a town with a terrible reputation (not completely deserved but mostly) due to gang activity and crime. The bar scene has been completely revamped the last 4 years or so. It's a small scene but the places are pretty good. Everything is very compact. Unlike Fargo where we had a 10-15 minute drive from the hotel to the bars and then 10-15 minutes to the stadium from the hotel you can get a hotel right on the same block as the bars and it's 4 minutes to the Dome.

It won't be the best city you've ever been too, but I've been to every city in the MVFC except Carbondale, Youngstown, and Springfield. Cedar Falls is top 2 or 3.

I grew up in a town that size and it's fine by me. Always great local gems in any community so no need to sell me on the place, I've bought in already. Let's just get the "fun plan" in place.

CrazyCat
July 16th, 2015, 03:07 PM
See clenz's post.

Sure. We prefer to beat the Griz more than some random OOC game. Both teams have that in their 3 goals each year. Whether Cat fans put a higher priority on Cat/Griz than Griz fans is pure poppycock.;)

AshevilleApp2
July 16th, 2015, 03:09 PM

Plenty of good food

Sounds great. Walking means no DWI risk. And trust me, the Montana folks will find their fun. They get access to places I never thought of even trying to go.

Hammersmith
July 16th, 2015, 05:13 PM

Wasn't the reason. The Fargodome had already booked the Katy Perry concert for that weekend before ESPN came calling.

Bisonator
July 16th, 2015, 07:54 PM
Wasn't the reason. The Fargodome had already booked the Katy Perry concert for that weekend before ESPN came calling.

I forgot about that but I don't think the new coaching staff wanted to start with UM followed by Iowa State the next week. Same for UM starting with NDSU and going to Wyo.

PantherRob82
July 16th, 2015, 09:49 PM

We're set brother!

I know you guys find fun. The best place to go will be downtown. Decent beer and food.

BisonFan02
July 16th, 2015, 10:43 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings6406 University Ave
Cedar Falls, IA 50613

You're welcome.... xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 16th, 2015, 11:59 PM
I know you guys find fun. The best place to go will be downtown. Decent beer and food.

Well, that checks every box since there will also be a football game at the center of it all. Again, I'm sold, I'm doing it. I'm bringing friends.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2015, 12:01 AM
Buffalo Wild Wings6406 University Ave
Cedar Falls, IA 50613

You're welcome.... xlolx

Excellent, I like to know where those are all times.

UNIFanSince1983
July 17th, 2015, 10:52 AM
CF is a fun time. There is cold beer and decent bar food.

I suggest Mulligans for food. Good pizza and good other bar food. Lots of craft beer options as well as the usual domestic stuff. Then either downtown or the hill are both good. Places on the hill are generally considered a little more college bar-ish but can be a good time. They are also in walking distance of the Dome.

Of course I may be biased as I am originally from CF.

clenz
July 17th, 2015, 11:10 AM
CF is a fun time. There is cold beer and decent bar food.

I suggest Mulligans for food. Good pizza and good other bar food. Lots of craft beer options as well as the usual domestic stuff. Then either downtown or the hill are both good. Places on the hill are generally considered a little more college bar-ish but can be a good time. They are also in walking distance of the Dome.

Of course I may be biased as I am originally from CF.
The Hill was fun when I was 19....

Main St is really where it's at - especially given the type of crowd Ursus is rolling in with. He doesn't strike as the kind of guy that is going to enjoy Skank Tank....sorry....Sharkey's.

Lakes on the other hand....loves him some Skank Tank and Ice Lounce

UNIFanSince1983
July 17th, 2015, 11:16 AM
The Hill was fun when I was 19....

Main St is really where it's at - especially given the type of crowd Ursus is rolling in with. He doesn't strike as the kind of guy that is going to enjoy Skank Tank....sorry....Sharkey's.

Lakes on the other hand....loves him some Skank Tank and Ice Lounce

I wasn't talking about Sharky's. Both Gingers and Social House are new and pretty decent. Gingers has plenty of craft beers and a nice outdoor patio. Social House has a nice rooftop bar. Obviously, downtown might be better, but there are options on the Hill.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Now we're getting somewhere boys, keep the suggestions rolling in. Missoula used to have a bar called Mulligans, it was a very happening spot until the drinking age change then it went strip club and believe it or not that saddened me a lot. I like naked girls but not big on strippers for the most part. Ruined a really fun bar.

I'm fine with seeing some beautiful young ladies if they to roll into a good bar but as clenzy said not looking to roll into a childcare facility that serves alkehol. Gingers sounds cool too cuz I can walk in and act like I own the place.

clenz
July 17th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Now we're getting somewhere boys, keep the suggestions rolling in. Missoula used to have a bar called Mulligans, it was a very happening spot until the drinking age change then it went strip club and believe it or not that saddened me a lot. I like naked girls but not big on strippers for the most part. Ruined a really fun bar.

I'm fine with seeing some beautiful young ladies if they to roll into a good bar but as clenzy said not looking to roll into a childcare facility that serves alkehol. Gingers sounds cool too cuz I can walk in and act like I own the place.
Gingers got "big" right as I was leaving town. I've never been there.

Skank Tank and Ice there's a 80% chance you're leaving with an STD, even if you don't touch anyone.

Mulligan's and Peppers are right next to each other, they are a couple minutes away from everywhere else but are the best restaurant/bar combos in town. Main is a more "grown up" vibe about it.

clenz
July 17th, 2015, 12:07 PM
List of all bars in Cedar Falls with links to their webpages (http://www.cedarfallstourism.org/things-to-do/nightlife/default.aspx)
http://www.cedarfallstourism.org/webres/Image/top-images/Downtown%20Nightlife.JPG

dewey
July 17th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Boy this sounds like a lot of fun. I might try to make the trip.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Boy this sounds like a lot of fun. I might try to make the trip.

Dewey

Dewey it.

JayJ79
July 17th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Mulligan's and Peppers are right next to each other, they are a couple minutes away from everywhere else but are the best restaurant/bar combos in town. Main is a more "grown up" vibe about it.

actually a few blocks (.2 mile) apart, but still pretty close.

PantherRob82
July 18th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Main Street is the only way to go unless you wan to drive around or stay in the same place for long periods of time.

Gingers has a good tap list usually.

PantherRob82
July 18th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Mulligans doesn't do a good job of cleaning their tap lines so most of their craft selection is garbage. We returned so many beers one night that I wouldn't choose to drink there.

PantherRob82
July 18th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Jameson's and Screaming Eagle are good. Jamesons has one of the best tap lists the area now.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 18th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Jameson's and Screaming Eagle are good. Jamesons has one of the best tap lists the area now.

That's cool for any of the locals or whatever but in our group the tap and the micro's aren't a big draw. I do like trying some local beers etc. but I will not sit around with a group of guys and talk about the "hoppy flavor" or any of that **** Rob. We've drank together, you know I abhor the beer snob type bull****. You either forgot that, or you are purposely f'n wiht me. xlolx

You want to act like you are at a wine tasting contest when dudes go out for a beer...you go drink on the other side of the bar.

AshevilleApp2
July 18th, 2015, 11:19 AM
That's cool for any of the locals or whatever but in our group the tap and the micro's aren't a big draw. I do like trying some local beers etc. but I will not sit around with a group of guys and talk about the "hoppy flavor" or any of that **** Rob. We've drank together, you know I abhor the beer snob type bull****. You either forgot that, or you are purposely f'n wiht me. xlolx

You want to act like you are at a wine tasting contest when dudes go out for a beer...you go drink on the other side of the bar.

BUD LIGHT! xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 18th, 2015, 11:23 AM
BUD LIGHT! xthumbsupx

Not for me but I'll take one if it's sat in front of me because someone messed up my Coors light order.

Of course I'll tell ya what a douche you are for messing up my beer while I'm sipping on it too.xlolx

AshevilleApp2
July 18th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Not for me but I'll take one if it's sat in front of me because someone messed up my Coors light order.

Of course I'll tell ya what a douche you are for messing up my beer while I'm sipping on it too.xlolx

Come back and we'll readjust accordingly!

UNIFanSince1983
July 18th, 2015, 11:42 AM

If you like Coors Light then I think you and I will get along pretty good.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 18th, 2015, 12:28 PM
If you like Coors Light then I think you and I will get along pretty good.

Troof. I won't bitch about most put in front of me but that one is the go to. I'm a man, you hand me an Oly and I'll give ya a "thank you" and drink it without worrying if there is some god damn fruit in it...and hope we have something better to talk about than the process by which what we are taking in came to be.

BTW, some of you don't know him but this is mainly aimed at PolsonGriz and even PR a little bit cuz those sorts of assholes think that **** should mean something to the men folk. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 18th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Come back and we'll readjust accordingly!

We loved that place and someday I will be back, hoping we can do that all over again.

ValleyChamp
July 18th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Mulligans doesn't do a good job of cleaning their tap lines so most of their craft selection is garbage. We returned so many beers one night that I wouldn't choose to drink there.

lol, no.

I'm sorry you had one bad experience, but Mulligans is one of the absolute best places to drink any type of beer, eat great food, and watch sports that you will find.

uni88
July 18th, 2015, 06:37 PM

I prefer micros but will drink whatever cold one is put in front of me. I plan to be there and will buy you a Coors light!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 18th, 2015, 07:10 PM
I prefer micros but will drink whatever cold one is put in front of me. I plan to be there and will buy you a Coors light!

Been a long time but I'm finally gonna to meet the 88. Can't wait to take you up on it.

uni88
July 18th, 2015, 08:42 PM
I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully I can make the return trip to Missoula. Need to see a game at WaGriz and that should be perfect.

clenz
July 19th, 2015, 09:17 AM
lol, no.

I'm sorry you had one bad experience, but Mulligans is one of the absolute best places to drink any type of beer, eat great food, and watch sports that you will find.
Pretty much this.

Especially when, having drank with Troy and his crew, the last thing he gives a damn about is what a damn micro tastes like. Turns out very few people going to sports bars give a **** about how the hops content and how mouth raped they can get by the beer

BisonFan02
July 19th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Pretty much this.

Especially when, having drank with Troy and his crew, the last thing he gives a damn about is what a damn micro tastes like. Turns out very few people going to sports bars give a **** about how the hops content and how mouth raped they can get by the beer

Pretzels or gtfo xlolx :D

Grizalltheway
July 19th, 2015, 02:23 PM

I gotta say the cognitive dissonance here between your take on chains vs local joints and micro vs macro beer is pretty entertaining.

BisonFan02
July 19th, 2015, 02:54 PM
I gotta say the cognitive dissonance here between your take on chains vs local joints and micro vs macro beer is pretty entertaining.

Just another hipster from Missoula that goes to dive bars and drinks PBR because "**** the man". xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2015, 03:03 PM

Oh, I absolutely know it is there but even if you want like act like micro brews aren't "mini chains" then feel free but I did say I have nothing against taking in some local beers...not just getting in some micro dick measuring contest like some of you men think is necessary.

I don't sit there and eat a slice of bread and talk about how all the ingredients went together and how artful the process by which it is made is...I just say "god damn, that's some tasty bread!". I'm not that sort of asshole.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2015, 03:04 PM
Just another hipster from Missoula that goes to dive bars and drinks PBR because "**** the man". xlolx

I was turning down, or accepting PBR's before any of you dickholes knew what one was.

BisonFan02
July 19th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Oh, I absolutely know it is there but even if you want like act like micro brews aren't "mini chains" then feel free but I did say I have nothing against taking in some local beers...not just getting in some micro dick measuring contest like some of you men think is necessary.

I don't sit there and eat a slice of bread and talk about how all the ingredients went together and how artful the process by which it is made is...I just say "god damn, that's some tasty bread!". I'm not that sort of asshole.

This. Its kinda like how I wanted to blow the brains out of these craft beer drinking a-holes that tried to talk their way through taste testing "Sam Adams"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ZnzAgbY50

Quote at the end...."selling myself short by not even considering this a possibility".....go **** yourself you self righteous POS...xlolx

BisonFan02
July 19th, 2015, 03:16 PM
I was turning down, or accepting PBR's before any of you dickholes knew what one was.

Hey now....be nice to clenzy and IBY. :D

clenz
July 19th, 2015, 03:29 PM
This. Its kinda like how I wanted to blow the brains out of these craft beer drinking a-holes that tried to talk their way through taste testing "Sam Adams"

Quote at the end...."selling myself short by not even considering this a possibility".....go **** yourself you self righteous POS...xlolx
Yep.

I can't stand drinking beer around micro only drinkers. I enjoy the **** out of Coors Light, Coors Banquet and Budweiser. I don't give a **** what they think about it. People make fun of the "brewed the hard way commercial" that Bud did, but the part of that commercial talking about "pumpkin peach ale" with the stereotypical hipster douche bag sniffing the beer was dead on. The times I am drinking with people like that and I order something like a Summit or Leinenkugel there is sometehing said to the tone of "I know you think that's a micro but it's really not. You are just pretending to understand beer". I shouldn't have to "understand" the ****ing thing to drink it. I shouldn't have to be concerned about if the hops and bitters match what I'm eating. Give me a ****ing beer and let me drink it.

Back as to what started this downhill slide - Mulligans is a great ****ing time. Maybe they don't wash their "craft brew lines well enough" to keep pompous beer drinkers out and send them on their way to Single Speed to pay $8 bucks for a single glass of a "true micro"

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2015, 03:30 PM

I got a chuckle out of those asshats as well cuz we've all sat by one of them not knowing that we were gonna get the excruciating minutia of the process of something even very few of them do on an extremely part time basis.

Just STFU and drink whatever you like to cuz your station in life ain't raised by your beverage. It is raised by embracing and enjoying local culture (food & beer) in the place you are at.:D

clenz
July 19th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Hey now....be nice to clenzy and IBY. :DHey...whoa...

I'm closer to 30 than 20 at this point in my life...by a month

AshevilleApp2
July 19th, 2015, 03:38 PM

xlolx

Grizalltheway
July 19th, 2015, 03:54 PM

I don't do that **** either, so don't lump me in with the handlebar mustache types. A lot of micro brews taste good to me, a lot of them don't. Same with the stuff the big boys make.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2015, 03:57 PM
WELL I GUESS WE TOOK THAT DAMN ROB DOWN A PEG HUH FELLA'S!

Sorry PR you hung with us too many times not to know that everyone is gonna get their turn in the barrel...you just have to say one wrong thing brother. xlolx

Unless you are Grizo, he just lives in there.

BisonFan02
July 19th, 2015, 04:00 PM

Sorry PR you hung with us too many times not to know that everyone is gonna get their turn in the barrel...you just have to say one wrong thing brother. xlolx

Must be a small barrel....speaking of...did that jackwagon make it to Florida yet??? At that pace, he isn't going to make it back to Missoula to mooch off of everyone when we are in town.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2015, 04:00 PM
I don't do that **** either, so don't lump me in with the handlebar mustache types. A lot of micro brews taste good to me, a lot of them don't. Same with the stuff the big boys make.

Well then I'd say we are simpatico on that front. I never did know you to do that in the times we were out but the way you were comin' at me bro just auto placed you with that gang.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Must be a small barrel....speaking of...did that jackwagon make it to Florida yet??? At that pace, he isn't going to make it back to Missoula to mooch off of everyone when we are in town.

I better check his progress. He should be in at least Manda by now.

clenz
July 19th, 2015, 05:11 PM

I'm just glad it wasn't me this time.

Hey BF02, if you come to this game can you bring fun cleets?

BisonFan02
July 19th, 2015, 06:32 PM
I'm just glad it wasn't me this time.

Hey BF02, if you come to this game can you bring fun cleets?

We could probably figure something out! xlolx

BisonFan02
July 19th, 2015, 06:34 PM
EDIT: Check that.....on 9/10/16, NDSU hosts EWU in Fargo....might be a tough decision there unless some schedule shifting happens.

clenz
July 19th, 2015, 06:36 PM
EDIT: Check that.....on 9/10/16, NDSU hosts EWU in Fargo....might be a tough decision there unless some schedule shifting happens.
I skipped homecoming in CF for your game last year....so....

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2015, 07:23 PM
Man, I'd like to be able to hit both of those. What is the drive time between the schools...seem to remember it being nearly BSC type stuff.

BisonFan02
July 19th, 2015, 07:57 PM

Who did UNI play during homecoming last year? I would probably skip a conference game, but it would be tough to skip an OOC game against EWU...some unfinished business there.... xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
July 19th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Man, I'd like to be able to hit both of those. What is the drive time between the schools...seem to remember it being nearly BSC type stuff.

Not possible...Fargo to CF is about 6 1/2 hours or so.

JayJ79
July 19th, 2015, 07:59 PM

6-7 hour drive, depending on construction and your driving habits.

clenz
July 19th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Who did UNI play during homecoming last year? I would probably skip a conference game, but it would be tough to skip an OOC game against EWU...some unfinished business there.... xthumbsupx
It was a OOC game....and homecoming.

BisonFan02
July 19th, 2015, 08:08 PM
It was a OOC game....and homecoming.

Just cheated and looked it up (Northern Colorado). Do you guys do OOC games for homecoming alot? NDSU typically does conference games for homecoming (UNI this year is homecoming). It probably has something to do with the fact that homecoming is usually the first home game in October during conference schedule.

clenz
July 19th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Depends on how the home games fall. It's usually October but last year was odd for some strange reason.

Might have had to do with the fact that games like NDSU, SDSU and ISUr are typically going to draw well. Typically our OOC won't so parents weekend is always early and typically against the weaker OOC team. Sell a couple K more tickets at a premium game price...see Tenn Tech last year. That day Iowa was at Pitt with an early kick, Iowa State was off. 4pm kick billed as homecoming draws exponentially more fans for UNC than non-homecoming at another premium price. That allowed for Tenn Tech, NoCo, NDSU, SDSU ISUR and MSU (senior day) to all be sold as premium or above standard rate games

There might be an actual legit reason beyond that. I never really looked. I want to say the average homecoming is Oct 13...or whatever that Saturday tends to fall

PantherRob82
July 19th, 2015, 08:38 PM

Well everyone has the domestics. I figured we were thinking about more than just you. My bad. ;)

PantherRob82
July 19th, 2015, 08:41 PM
I also think it's funny that you guys are the ones bitching about beer. I just mentioned some places with more selection. I could give a **** less what any of you drink. xlolx

PantherRob82
July 19th, 2015, 09:03 PM

Notice I didn't say that they don't do a good job of cleaning their "craft" tap lines. I just said tap lines. Have had friends return domestics.

Number of beers I have returned anywhere besides Mulligans: 0

dewey
July 19th, 2015, 10:25 PM

I have been watching your posts and you are a...secret diehard NDSU fan aren't you, lol!

Dewey

clenz
July 19th, 2015, 10:33 PM
I have been watching your posts and you are a...secret diehard NDSU fan aren't you, lol!

Dewey
I **** on NDSU nonstop in an attempt to hide my love.

But for real, I could have watched UNI lay a 40 pt beat down, which could have been 60 if starters weren't pulled

OR

Drive 8 hours 1 way to hang out with, and actually meet the guys I do the FCS Wedge with, plus other posters I wanted to meet while having NDSU/Montana as the backdrop.

Pretty easy decision really...other than the asshole that let the air out of all 4 of my tires at the hotel for what I assume was due to a UNI license plate and window sticker...

dewey
July 19th, 2015, 10:42 PM

I knew I had it figured outxthumbsupx

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2015, 10:52 PM
Notice I didn't say that they don't do a good job of cleaning their "craft" tap lines. I just said tap lines. Have had friends return domestics.

Number of beers I have returned anywhere besides Mulligans: 0

Hey couldn't pick up earlier (Sunday TV can't be interrupted) but will call tomorrow and also when we take off on a tangent like that PR we don't need it to be logical or make sense. xlolx

PantherRob82
July 19th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Hey couldn't pick up earlier (Sunday TV can't be interrupted) but will call tomorrow and also when we take off on a tangent like that PR we don't need it to be logical or make sense. xlolx

I know. I just missed you and wanted to call. xlovex

PantherRob82
July 19th, 2015, 10:55 PM
If you'd believe it, I work around beer all day and the "beer snobs" are just as annoying as the anti-"beer snobs". Drink what you like, don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Unwanted opinions are always irritating regardless of what the topic is. :)

I sell Icehouse, Steel Reserve, Coors Light, Sierra Nevada Pale, Fat Tire, and Four Loko without giving anyone a hard time about their choices.

I always laugh when someone asks for my opinion on a beer, wine or liquor and then acts offended when I don't agree with their assessment.

centennial
July 19th, 2015, 10:57 PM

But for real, I could have watched UNI lay a 40 pt beat down, which could have been 60 if starters weren't pulled

OR

Drive 8 hours 1 way to hang out with, and actually meet the guys I do the FCS Wedge with, plus other posters I wanted to meet while having NDSU/Montana as the backdrop.

Pretty easy decision really...other than the asshole that let the air out of all 4 of my tires at the hotel for what I assume was due to a UNI license plate and window sticker...
I have a feeling Farley and the players feels the same way about us. No matter how you do in your other games VS NDSU your team looks completely different.

FormerPokeCenter
July 20th, 2015, 10:06 AM
I called it on twitter yesterday

http://www.unipanthers.com/news/2015/7/15/FB_0715154237.aspx

Two of the nation's premier Football Championship Subdivision powers will collide in the UNI-Dome on Sept. 10, 2016, when the UNI Panthers play host to the Montana Grizzlies.

It will mark only the second time that the teams have met in the UNI-Dome, while it will be the sixth overall meeting between the Panthers and Grizzlies on the gridiron.

Great job getting this game made. I'm kinda sad that my Pokes are unwilling/unable to play these kinds of games with the advent of our 9 game conference schedule...

****...now we sound like the SWAC...

grizband
July 20th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Ursrus, I will definitely dissect a beer, if I'm with the right crowd (brewers, etc). But if I'm out work a group of people who don't care, or haven't asked,i try not to bring it up. I'll never judge someone for what they drink.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 20th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Ursrus, I will definitely dissect a beer, if I'm with the right crowd (brewers, etc). But if I'm out work a group of people who don't care, or haven't asked,i try not to bring it up. I'll never judge someone for what they drink.

Good, we need to enforce this kind of thinking and keep people's punchability low.

grizband
July 20th, 2015, 02:17 PM
I always try to maintain a low punchability factor

ursus arctos horribilis
July 20th, 2015, 03:02 PM

xlolx

You are a master my friend.

UNI Pike
July 20th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Great job getting this game made. I'm kinda sad that my Pokes are unwilling/unable to play these kinds of games with the advent of our 9 game conference schedule...

****...now we sound like the SWAC...

Think there should be some credit given out to the Montana AD - taking on NDSU & UNI with H & H. There are easier games to be had.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 20th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Think there should be some credit given out to the Montana AD - taking on NDSU & UNI with H & H. There are easier games to be had.

I emailed to say "good job" and anyone interested in seeing these sorts of games would be wise to give them the positive feedback (Any AD's) for doing some great work.

Got a nice quick little resoponse from ours after saying "thanks".

"Thanks, Troy. Should be a great series. Hopefully we can find some similar match ups moving forward. Take care."

That part about wanting similar match ups is great to see and hoping it does happen.

These guys probably have to listen a whole bunch of **** so a good word sure don't hurt.

BisonFan02
July 20th, 2015, 06:57 PM

Gotta maintain a low punchability factor up there....if it was too high, a lot of those guys couldn't reach you. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
May 6th, 2016, 01:09 AM
Time to bump and start the planning on this thing.

Let's start with the hotel reviews form those that have been there. What is the recommendation(s)? Might have a van rental or something haven't made the full plan yet but let's assume vehicle is accesible.

Also, if someone knows of a 4 or 5 bedroom house vacation type rental contact me via pm.

Bisonoline
May 6th, 2016, 01:21 AM

Let's start with the hotel reviews form those that have been there. What is the recommendation(s)? Might have a van rental or something haven't made the full plan yet but let's assume vehicle is accesible.

Also, if someone knows of a 4 or 5 bedroom house vacation type rental contact me via pm.

Do not stay at the Days Inn in Cedar Falls. Do not stay in Waterloo.

Grizalltheway
May 6th, 2016, 09:26 AM

If you don't get any personal recommendations, this is a good place to start.

https://www.vrbo.com/

clenz
May 6th, 2016, 10:19 AM
You flying into Cedar Rapids or Waterloo?

I'm sure we'll e-mail a bit about this moving forward but thought I'd ask on the forum.

Talking with my wife about the game she reminded me that Sept 10th is my sons first birthday...so...I've got some wife credit to build upxlolx

BisonTru
May 6th, 2016, 10:48 AM
We've stayed at the Isle Casino Hotel in Waterloo a couple times. It's out of the beaten path and not real close to the Dome (easy drive to get there tho). Maybe not what you're looking for unless your crews a bunch of degenerate gamblers. :D It worked for us.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 6th, 2016, 10:53 AM

I'm sure we'll e-mail a bit about this moving forward but thought I'd ask on the forum.

Talking with my wife about the game she reminded me that Sept 10th is my sons first birthday...so...I've got some wife credit to build upxlolx

You remember anything from your 1st birthday? Does the wife? He won't give one damn if you celebrate it a day early, or a day late. Tell her I'll call and fix this if I need to.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 6th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Oh and flying into which one? Don't know yet. Is there a suggestion?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 6th, 2016, 10:55 AM
We've stayed at the Isle Casino Hotel in Waterloo a couple times. It's out of the beaten path and not real close to the Dome (easy drive to get there tho). Maybe not what you're looking for unless your crews a bunch of degenerate gamblers. :D It worked for us.

Not much for gamblers but we enjoy the drink and the food in a local place so central and being able to get there easily works best.

PantherRob82
May 6th, 2016, 11:21 AM

Cedar Rapids is about the size of the MSO airport and is cheaper. Waterloo is the easiest choice.

PantherRob82
May 6th, 2016, 11:23 AM
I like the Isle recomendation or Hampton Inn in Waterloo. Depends on what you want to be close to. If you want to be by the bars downtown, the Blackhawk Hotel is the only option down there. I wish we had a set up like the Holiday Inn in Missoula. Easy walk downtown and to the stadium.

clenz
May 6th, 2016, 11:37 AM
You remember anything from your 1st birthday? Does the wife? He won't give one damn if you celebrate it a day early, or a day late. Tell her I'll call and fix this if I need to.You may need to smooth that one over. We "got lucky" in that on Sept 8th we were told she would have to be induced 2.5 weeks early. They induced the 9th, which is my mom's (and 3 cousins) birthday so we wanted to avoid that day. Wanted to avoid the 11th because, well, that whole thing. Lucked into the 10th.

Cedar Rapids is nicer and going to be cheaper. That and I work about 5 minutes from the air port so I could easily meet you there. It is, however, a bit over an hour south of Cedar Falls. Waterloo is closer (10-15 minutes from the stadium) but is smaller and will be more expensive.

Times like this I wish we still lived in CF. I had a house with more than ample room to house all of you.

neverobeyed
May 6th, 2016, 12:46 PM
There simply is not much flying into Waterloo. I think it is just a connector with American Airlines through Chicago now.

For places to stay, if you are going to be around for a couple of days, I would suggest the Black Hawk Hotel (http://theblackhawkhotel.com/black-hawk-hotel) on the Parkade in Cedar Falls. When I lived there, it had fell to - no kidding - a flop house, with low weekly rentals.

In the '90s into the '00s, the Parkade went though yet another transition, this time to one of restaurants, bars, more touristy retail plus bike shops (it is along a bike trail) and a microbrew and along with it, someone bought the Black Hawk Hotel and restored it (though I doubt no two rooms are alike). A Days Inn or Hampton Inn, it is decidedly not ... but it is unique and walking distance to good food choices, drinks, etc. and maybe a ten-minute drive to the Dome.

If only going in for the game, crash and right back out the next morning, there is a Country Inn Suites that is about a ten-minute drive from the Dome as well, but not in the Parkade.

BisonFan02
May 6th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Have fun and dont do anything I wouldn't do.... xlolx

PantherRob82
May 6th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Have fun and dont do anything I wouldn't do.... xlolx

So don't hang out with any of us? xlolx

I see how it is. :)

BisonFan02
May 6th, 2016, 02:43 PM
So don't hang out with any of us? xlolx

I see how it is. :)

do ya?

dbackjon
May 6th, 2016, 02:53 PM

I can think of no finer gift for your son than having him be in the presence of Ursus.

If TBH has an issue with that, send her my way.

clenz
May 6th, 2016, 02:56 PM
I can think of no finer gift for your son than having him be in the presence of Ursus.

If TBH has an issue with that, send her my way.
Both of you are on CS...you need to tell her this, not me.

Hell, Jon you can easily access her through facebook.

I do what I can but I apparently build "wife rep" a whole lot slower than AGS rep

ursus arctos horribilis
May 6th, 2016, 04:07 PM
There simply is not much flying into Waterloo. I think it is just a connector with American Airlines through Chicago now.

For places to stay, if you are going to be around for a couple of days, I would suggest the Black Hawk Hotel (http://theblackhawkhotel.com/black-hawk-hotel) on the Parkade in Cedar Falls. When I lived there, it had fell to - no kidding - a flop house, with low weekly rentals.

In the '90s into the '00s, the Parkade went though yet another transition, this time to one of restaurants, bars, more touristy retail plus bike shops (it is along a bike trail) and a microbrew and along with it, someone bought the Black Hawk Hotel and restored it (though I doubt no two rooms are alike). A Days Inn or Hampton Inn, it is decidedly not ... but it is unique and walking distance to good food choices, drinks, etc. and maybe a ten-minute drive to the Dome.

If only going in for the game, crash and right back out the next morning, there is a Country Inn Suites that is about a ten-minute drive from the Dome as well, but not in the Parkade.

Hey, look at this, the new guy is putting up some strong work in the help department here. Thanks for the info. nevero and we are probably looking at 4 or 5 days in the CF area. Appreciate the input.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 6th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Both of you are on CS...you need to tell her this, not me.

Hell, Jon you can easily access her through facebook.

I do what I can but I apparently build "wife rep" a whole lot slower than AGS rep

Jon nails it down. I will talk to her on CS soon but the little time I got on the board today I an't even keeping up here.:)

Jon's right though, that kid gotta meet a real man ASAFP so we can start grooming our new Griz LB/RB and so forth.:D

clenz
May 6th, 2016, 04:14 PM
Jon nails it down. I will talk to her on CS soon but the little time I got on the board today I an't even keeping up here.:)

Jon's right though, that kid gotta meet a real man ASAFP so we can start grooming our new Griz LB/RB and so forth.:D
He's going to have the build for a RB/LB. Kids a lean mean machine right now.

If you fly into Cedar Rapids you will most definitely meet the family.

I tried to name him Troy Alpha Lenz but TBH wasn't having that....especially when I told her the reason

ursus arctos horribilis
May 6th, 2016, 04:18 PM
He's going to have the build for a RB/LB. Kids a lean mean machine right now.

If you fly into Cedar Rapids you will most definitely meet the family.

I tried to name him Troy Alpha Lenz but TBH wasn't having that....especially when I told her the reasonxlolxxlolxxlolx
That's quality.

clenz
May 6th, 2016, 04:25 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx
That's quality.
Richard Ursus Lenz was also shot down

ursus arctos horribilis
May 6th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Dick Lenz wouldn't have been good through at least the first....well I can't think of when that teasing would stop.

uni88
May 6th, 2016, 05:27 PM

The Blackhawk and Country Inn are good options depending on your preferences. You could also look at the many hotels south of the Dome along Hudson Rd and Hwy 58. They're a little further away but still accessible. It all depends on where you want to hang out and whether you'll have someone capable of driving.

POD Knows
May 6th, 2016, 05:34 PM
There are shaker bars all over the place in downtown Waterloo

clenz
May 6th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Ursus is definitely going to Kings And Queens

JayJ79
May 6th, 2016, 06:57 PM
Do not stay at the Days Inn in Cedar Falls. Do not stay in Waterloo.

There are not-so-nice places in Waterloo. But there are other places in Waterloo that are fine.
I don't personally know anything about the local hotels/motels, though.

PantherRob82
May 6th, 2016, 07:12 PM
There are not-so-nice places in Waterloo. But there are other places in Waterloo that are fine.
I don't personally know anything about the local hotels/motels, though.

So just let them stay with you, Jay.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 6th, 2016, 07:47 PM
We're not couch surfers.xeyebrowx

BisonFan02
May 6th, 2016, 07:59 PM
We're not couch surfers.xeyebrowx

Nope, clearly butt pirates. xlolx

Twentysix
May 6th, 2016, 08:47 PM

Careful, blizzard permanently muted my Diablo 2 account 13 years ago for calling someone a butt pirate. That word carries the harshest repercussions.

TheKingpin28
May 6th, 2016, 11:14 PM
I know it's about a 30 to 40 minute drive but hit up the Amana Colonies for sure. Also the petrified Forest outside iowa city I have always enjoyed

JSUSoutherner
May 6th, 2016, 11:30 PM
Careful, blizzard permanently muted my Diablo 2 account 13 years ago for calling someone a butt pirate. That word carries the harshest repercussions.
Can't tell if this is funny or sad.

Twentysix
May 7th, 2016, 01:26 AM
Can't tell if this is funny or sad.

It's a real tragicomedy

clenz
May 7th, 2016, 07:21 AM
I know it's about a 30 to 40 minute drive but hit up the Amana Colonies for sure. Also the petrified Forest outside iowa city I have always enjoyed

The Colonies are awesome and only 20 minutes from the CR airport. I plan on taking PTO the day they fly in and maybe hitting some local Cedar Rapids area places up

ursus arctos horribilis
May 7th, 2016, 02:12 PM

Still sore about the overtake I guess. It'll heal brother.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 7th, 2016, 02:17 PM

I'm not sure if this is reference to here at AGS? I don't even remember a "blizzard"?

you butt pirate.

Twentysix
May 7th, 2016, 02:29 PM
I'm not sure if this is reference to here at AGS? I don't even remember a "blizzard"?

you butt pirate.

Haha, blizzard is one of the biggest game publishers. They made such hits as Warcraft, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Starcraft 2, Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo 3. etc.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 7th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Haha, blizzard is one of the biggest game publishers. They made such hits as Warcraft, Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Starcraft 2, Diablo, Diablo 2, Diablo 3. etc.

Ah! Never heard of them. I think I've heard of some of the games mentioned though.

I was seriously thinnking "who the hell was blizzard? How did I miss that guy!"

I'm not kidding you, I was going to go look it up in the user list and see if I could reconnect/merge your old Diablo 2 username. xlolx

Twentysix
May 7th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Ah! Never heard of them. I think I've heard of some of the games mentioned though.

I was seriously thinnking "who the hell was blizzard? How did I miss that guy!"

I'm not kidding you, I was going to go look it up in the user list and see if I could reconnect/merge your old Diablo 2 username. xlolx

Your heart was in the right place. That's all that matters. :p

PantherRob82
May 7th, 2016, 05:17 PM

There's a petrified forest outside of Iowa City??

- - - Updated - - -

The Colonies are awesome and only 20 minutes from the CR airport. I plan on taking PTO the day they fly in and maybe hitting some local Cedar Rapids area places up

Have you been to the Lost Cuban? I enjoy it.

clenz
May 7th, 2016, 05:59 PM
I have not. There are so many small restaurants around here that you shave no idea existed unless you know someone that knows it exists and tells you to go.

Now that I think about it I may have had a breakfast thing from them at the Cedar Rapids Farmers Market last year. It was damn good whatever it was.

Bisonoline
May 7th, 2016, 06:08 PM

Is Ernie Zubers still there. If so do they still serve up their meals family style?

PantherRob82
May 7th, 2016, 06:35 PM
I have not. There are so many small restaurants around here that you shave no idea existed unless you know someone that knows it exists and tells you to go.

Now that I think about it I may have had a breakfast thing from them at the Cedar Rapids Farmers Market last year. It was damn good whatever it was.

It also doesn't help that their parking is fairly limited down in that area, they have limited hours, and sometimes they run out of food for the day.

I love a legit Cuban sandwich, and their sauces are really good in my opinion. Second best Cuban sandwich I've ever had.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 7th, 2016, 06:39 PM
It also doesn't help that their parking is fairly limited down in that area, they have limited hours, and sometimes they run out of food for the day.

I love a legit Cuban sandwich, and their sauces are really good in my opinion. Second best Cuban sandwich I've ever had.

They have a f'n legit Cuban sandwich? WTF would clenz be ordering a Gargantuan for? clenz, come the **** on brother!

Ah, I know, sometimes the delivery gets ya cuz it's so easy but...man, a Cuban sammy...

ursus arctos horribilis
May 7th, 2016, 06:40 PM
BTW, it's real late but there was a promo video for Griz Spring Scrimmage that I didn't see until after the game. Anyway, figured it's good for some Spring hype. Decent effort. It was raining and there were a few thousand at the spring scrimmage in the stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6louEjASs4

PantherRob82
May 7th, 2016, 06:43 PM
They have a f'n legit Cuban sandwich? WTF would clenz be ordering a Gargantuan for? clenz, come the **** on brother!

Ah, I know, sometimes the delivery gets ya cuz it's so easy but...man, a Cuban sammy...

https://danvfood.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/gedc3613.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
May 7th, 2016, 06:45 PM
I see something I would love to get a hold of and something else there that I would hurl across the god damn room.

PantherRob82
May 7th, 2016, 06:48 PM
I see something I would love to get a hold of and something else there that I would hurl across the god damn room.

Are you big on saving the earth and hate Styrofoam?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 7th, 2016, 07:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cf8cuQRUMAAcghg.jpg:large

This wouldn't be all that unusual at an elementary school in Montana.

This one is in California.

Just got in a bit of a football mood after seeing the video and was going through of Stitt's tweets. Again, you're welcome.

clenz
May 7th, 2016, 07:28 PM

I know. Worst part is it's about 4 minutes from where I work.
That whole area has so many local places you'd be in heaven. Downtown Cedar Rapids, once you're used to the smell of Quaker Oats, is pretty damn legit. Just don't go past the hospitals on the northern edge of downtown, the river on the with side, the interstate on the west side and 8th street on the east side.

UNI gets said to be in CR frequently, and salsa for you it isn't since I know the type of place your looking to eat.

Cedar Falls has some damn good places too, but Cedar Rapids crushes on the local establishment area.

There's a sports bar in Marion that's as good as I've ever had, just have to get passed the Creighton/Grant Gibbs (played HS ball here)/McDermott crap. That means nothing to Troy but it does for UNI fans. They do have a decent amount of UNI though with Bohannon and some of the CR kids that have played at UNI

It's right across the street from the best pizza I've had, jokes about Caseys aside. Also the most expensive. It's a 20x20 place that is always packed with a 40 minute wait. People drive from across the metro (can take near an hour depending on traffic) to get this pizza.

Bisonoline
May 7th, 2016, 08:18 PM
I know. Worst part is it's about 4 minutes from where I work.
That whole area has so many local places you'd be in heaven. Downtown Cedar Rapids, once you're used to the smell of Quaker Oats, is pretty damn legit. Just don't go past the hospitals on the northern edge of downtown, the river on the with side, the interstate on the west side and 8th street on the east side.

UNI gets said to be in CR frequently, and salsa for you it isn't since I know the type of place your looking to eat.

Cedar Falls has some damn good places too, but Cedar Rapids crushes on the local establishment area.

There's a sports bar in Marion that's as good as I've ever had, just have to get passed the Creighton/Grant Gibbs (played HS ball here)/McDermott crap. That means nothing to Troy but it does for UNI fans. They do have a decent amount of UNI though with Bohannon and some of the CR kids that have played at UNI

It's right across the street from the best pizza I've had, jokes about Caseys aside. Also the most expensive. It's a 20x20 place that is always packed with a 40 minute wait. People drive from across the metro (can take near an hour depending on traffic) to get this pizza.

Whats the name of the pizza place?

clenz
May 7th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Zoey's

http://www.zoeyspizza.com
http://iowabackroads.com/zoeys-pizzeria-marion/

AmsterBison
May 8th, 2016, 07:08 AM
Saw a cool thing about UNI this morning: Somebody missed their graduation ceremony by 45 minutes because of a flight delay but the university folks stuck around to give her a personalized grad ceremony.

Well done.

neverobeyed
May 8th, 2016, 07:27 AM
Saw a cool thing about UNI this morning: Somebody missed their graduation ceremony by 45 minutes because of a flight delay but the university folks stuck around to give her a personalized grad ceremony.

Well done.

On Reddit. Great photo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/4icry6/at_the_university_of_northern_iowa_one_student/

clenz
May 8th, 2016, 09:19 AM
On the flip side there is still a student missing that was supposed to walk yesterday. No contact since Friday night.

clenz
May 8th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Thankfully the other student has been found alive and in good condition. No details on where or what happened

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
May 8th, 2016, 08:17 PM
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.7854659,-91.7159105,13.65z

Wildlife Management Area

JayJ79
May 8th, 2016, 09:51 PM
There's a petrified forest outside of Iowa City??

I've heard of fossil areas, and come across some stoned people in the woods, but have not heard of any petrified forests in the area

TheKingpin28
May 8th, 2016, 11:29 PM
I've heard of fossil areas, and come across some stoned people in the woods, but have not heard of any petrified forests in the area

I was always under the impression that the trees in the river for the wildlife management were petrified.

TheKingpin28
May 8th, 2016, 11:32 PM

Always go to the ox yoke inn for food. Well worth it but before that, I try to hit up the golf course or see the shops and breweries in the Colonies.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 9th, 2016, 11:46 AM
I was always under the impression that the trees in the river for the wildlife management were petrified.

Once they see me walking around with my axe they damn sure will be.

clenz
May 9th, 2016, 11:58 AM
That whole area is water. Long local knowledge you won't give a damn about made short - there is a dam and the river is quite deep/wide right there. That green park area doesn't actually exist. It's all water 90% of the time, unless it's a dry spell. Then it's just mucky and swamp like. What you'd see from the interstate is all you'd need to see

clenz
May 9th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Always go to the ox yoke inn for food. Well worth it but before that, I try to hit up the golf course or see the shops and breweries in the Colonies.
Ox Yoke Inn is worth every damn penny every single day of the week. The best chicken I've ever had.

http://cdn.onlyinyourstate.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/1314-700x525.jpg
http://www.thegazette.com/storyimage/GA/20150520/ARTICLE/150529954/EP/1/1/EP-150529954.jpg&MaxH=1400&MaxW=1306

Pretty much every meal you get comes like this - and has more brought out as you finish it
http://www.oxyokeinn.com/documents/filelibrary/inside_page_images/Thanksgiving_horizontal_crop1_C4AA7391BAE82.jpg
http://www.oxyokeinn.com/documents/filelibrary/inside_page_images/Banquet_web_3BD97227C0868.jpg
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51.2885-15/923970_725676010789183_1801722435_n.jpg

Plus there is 3 or 4 different winery options (including one my family has a history in apparently. My wife and I also "furnished" out wedding with wine from the Colony because we like it that much), Mill Stream Brewing, and traditional German candy shops. It's a great way to kill a few hours with food and drink.

BisonFan02
May 9th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Ox Yoke Inn is worth every damn penny every single day of the week. The best chicken I've ever had.

http://www.thegazette.com/storyimage/GA/20150520/ARTICLE/150529954/EP/1/1/EP-150529954.jpg&MaxH=1400&MaxW=1306

Pretty much every meal you get comes like this - and has more brought out as you finish it
http://www.oxyokeinn.com/documents/filelibrary/inside_page_images/Thanksgiving_horizontal_crop1_C4AA7391BAE82.jpg
http://www.oxyokeinn.com/documents/filelibrary/inside_page_images/Banquet_web_3BD97227C0868.jpg
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xap1/t51.2885-15/923970_725676010789183_1801722435_n.jpg

Plus there is 3 or 4 different winery options (including one my family has a history in apparently. My wife and I also "furnished" out wedding with wine from the Colony because we like it that much), Mill Stream Brewing, and traditional German candy shops. It's a great way to kill a few hours with food and drink.

I didn't realize you guys were playing Furman too.... xlolx

TheKingpin28
May 10th, 2016, 09:37 AM

Truth has been spoken

For any Bison fans going to the Iowa game, you need to stop here. For any Montana fans going to UNI, you need to drive further and go here. This is arguably the best place i have ever eaten at. As I said earlier, I always go here when I visit my family in Iowa City

clenz
May 10th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Truth has been spoken

For any Bison fans going to the Iowa game, you need to stop here. For any Montana fans going to UNI, you need to drive further and go here. This is arguably the best place i have ever eaten at. As I said earlier, I always go here when I visit my family in Iowa City
It's an easy 15-20 minute drive through some gorgeous farm land as well. Right on the back side of that non-existent forest due to the dam

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/The+Eastern+Iowa+Airport,+Arthur+Collins+Parkway+S outhwest,+Cedar+Rapids,+IA/Ox+Yoke+Inn,+220th+Trail,+Amana,+IA/@41.8472243,-91.8547368,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x87e457b52dcfe1 89:0x726c12560958abc7!2m2!1d-91.7069754!2d41.8863861!1m5!1m1!1s0x87e5ac58cab7ff 15:0x93ff09588dc8586f!2m2!1d-91.8710271!2d41.7997624

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 10th, 2016, 01:24 PM

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/21KVRhhOAoL.jpg

Thankful yes.......................petrified? Not so much

BisonFan02
May 10th, 2016, 01:28 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/21KVRhhOAoL.jpg

Thankful yes.......................petrified? Not so much

He'd still be missing his affliction t shirt and tribal tattoo needed for his douche starter kit. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 10th, 2016, 01:34 PM
He'd still be missing his affliction t shirt and tribal tattoo needed for his douche starter kit. xlolx

I'd borrow yours for a bit.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 10th, 2016, 01:35 PM
would ya

ursus arctos horribilis
May 10th, 2016, 01:35 PM
yes

BisonFan02
May 10th, 2016, 01:44 PM
I'd borrow yours for a bit.

would ya

yes

Looks like you got the talking tough part down brah. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
May 10th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Looks like you got the talking tough part down brah. xlolx

Am I on an episode of Dog The Bounty Hunter now? I don't know much Bro speak so I apologize for that.

I'm still good to borrow those items I needed right?:D

TheKingpin28
May 10th, 2016, 04:47 PM
It's an easy 15-20 minute drive through some gorgeous farm land as well. Right on the back side of that non-existent forest due to the dam

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/The+Eastern+Iowa+Airport,+Arthur+Collins+Parkway+S outhwest,+Cedar+Rapids,+IA/Ox+Yoke+Inn,+220th+Trail,+Amana,+IA/@41.8472243,-91.8547368,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x87e457b52dcfe1 89:0x726c12560958abc7!2m2!1d-91.7069754!2d41.8863861!1m5!1m1!1s0x87e5ac58cab7ff 15:0x93ff09588dc8586f!2m2!1d-91.8710271!2d41.7997624

There was a forest at one time. That dam is a fun place though and to go through the rocks and look for fossils is even more fun. Family lives about 10 minutes from the dam. Now I want to eat at the Ox Yoke Inn. Too bad I am about 9hrs away

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 10th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Dam............................now I want to eat at the Ox Yoke Inn

clenz
May 10th, 2016, 05:18 PM

Well make it happen in September

TheKingpin28
May 10th, 2016, 08:27 PM

You will not regret it. Then go to Millstream afterwards.

clenz
May 10th, 2016, 09:11 PM
You will not regret it. Then go to Millstream afterwards.

I'm not a micro beer snob by any means. Give me a Coors Banquet, Bud Heavy, Heniken, Hoegaarden (A-B owned) or anything except a Busch/Bud Light and I'm thrilled. However, Millstream is one micro I will beer snob over. Their oktoberfest is the best I've had

Also, Ursus will get this reference, to SuperHornet this up - second best root beer I've ever had behind only Sprecher

TheKingpin28
May 10th, 2016, 09:23 PM
I'm not a micro beer snob by any means. Give me a Coors Banquet, Bud Heavy, Heniken, Hoegaarden (A-B owned) or anything except a Busch/Bud Light and I'm thrilled. However, Millstream is one micro I will beer snob over. Their oktoberfest is the best I've had

Also, Ursus will get this reference, to SuperHornet this up - second best root beer I've ever had behind only Sprecher

Oh I am no flannel, bearded, "styled" haircut, starbucks, kind of guy, but I make exceptions. I am pretty easy to please and I enjoy my Michgolden, Honeyweiss, and Sam Adams. I don't have to have my nose in the air and critique the beer and break it down and pretend like I am important or need the attention since I have what others deem, better tastes. If it tastes good, I want it. Millstream, for the breweries I have been to, is for sure in my top 5.

To sum this up, Millstream, for us MVFC fans is like Casey's Breakfast Pizza with the perfect amount of bacon, with a side of a pure bliss

BisonFan02
May 10th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Am I on an episode of Dog The Bounty Hunter now? I don't know much Bro speak so I apologize for that.

I'm still good to borrow those items I needed right?:D

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee399/CherrySueDointheDo/32294-Ron-Swanson-no-gif-LN4e_zps631d5937.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I am no flannel, bearded, "styled" haircut, starbucks, kind of guy, but I make exceptions. I am pretty easy to please and I enjoy my Michgolden, Honeyweiss, and Sam Adams. I don't have to have my nose in the air and critique the beer and break it down and pretend like I am important or need the attention since I have what others deem, better tastes. If it tastes good, I want it. Millstream, for the breweries I have been to, is for sure in my top 5.

To sum this up, Millstream, for us MVFC fans is like Casey's Breakfast Pizza with the perfect amount of bacon, with a side of a pure bliss

Sounds perfect for the Missoula contingent. xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 10th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Back off 02....we both know I have no style

See you in Iowa

BisonFan02
May 11th, 2016, 12:13 AM

BisonFan02
May 11th, 2016, 07:17 AM

See you in Iowa

http://vomzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/cute-scared-gif-498.gif

clenz
May 11th, 2016, 08:51 AM

See you in Iowa
Bitch tits is too good to come down for the game.

I drove my happy ass near 10 hours to get to Fargo on a Friday, and then near 10 hours home on Sunday, to meet up with everyone in 2014. He's too good to do the same.

BisonFan02
May 11th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Bitch tits is too good to come down for the game.

I drove my happy ass near 10 hours to get to Fargo on a Friday, and then near 10 hours home on Sunday, to meet up with everyone in 2014. He's too good to do the same.

I'd skip a conference game.....but not this one. xlolx

Sat, Sept 10

vs
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/331.png&h=80&w=80 (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/331/eastern-washington-eagles)
E Washington (http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/331/eastern-washington-eagles)

3:30 PM ET
2 available from $359 (http://www.stubhub.com/north-dakota-state-bison-football-tickets-north-dakota-state-vs-eastern-washington-9-10-2016/event/9560611/?gcid=C12289x461&keyword=ESPN+North+Dakota+State+Bison+20160910)

Bitch. :D

clenz
May 11th, 2016, 09:21 AM
I skipped ****ing homecoming

BisonFan02
May 11th, 2016, 09:23 AM

I'd skip homecoming too. Non-Con Game matchup > Parade

BisonFan02
May 11th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Either way Clenzy....September is a long time from now. I've got some potential MAJOR life changes coming down the pike that might sway my schedule during that time (one way or the other). Stand by.... xthumbsupx

clenz
May 11th, 2016, 09:46 AM
I'd skip homecoming too. Non-Con Game matchup > Parade
Our homecoming was a non-con game. So we had a non-conference home coming game and I chose to go to Fargo....

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/3687051.jpg

**Just don't look at who we played that day

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 11th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Either way Clenzy....September is a long time from now. I've got some potential MAJOR life changes coming down the pike that might sway my schedule during that time (one way or the other). Stand by.... xthumbsupx

We are flattered that you came out to us but I think your parents already knew......................................

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/104544/4243824-3482981410-936fu.jpg

TheKingpin28
May 11th, 2016, 10:04 AM

I get to as well for NDSU this year. Damn wedding that I am a groomsman in. He said I could tailgate but that pictures start at 11am and I have to be sober in order to be in the wedding. FML since it is my last year at NDSU. Will be a 7th year.

clenz
May 11th, 2016, 10:05 AM
I get to as well for NDSU this year. Damn wedding that I am a groomsman in. He said I could tailgate but that pictures start at 11am and I have to be sober in order to be in the wedding. FML since it is my last year at NDSU. Will be a 7th year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOsQ2epsI2M

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 11th, 2016, 10:07 AM

The only acceptable excuse to miss college football games is death and only then in certain circumstances.

Why do you have friends that would plan a marriage at all and second do it in the fall *****ing people out of football?

TheKingpin28
May 11th, 2016, 10:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOsQ2epsI2M

Yeah and I am not going for that. I wish I could have said that, but I am no Tommy Boy. I am more of a Van Wilder.

There was 2 years where I was only taking 1 class a semester, but in doing so, I was working 40-50hrs a week which allowed me to have less than 6k in college debt once I graduate so I was looking at it from a financial aspect. Also, I really did not want to leave NDSU as I have had a lot of experiences but now that my friends graduate and/or have graduated, I look at it as it is my time to go.

BisonFan02
May 11th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Our homecoming was a non-con game. So we had a non-conference home coming game and I chose to go to Fargo....

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/3687051.jpg

**Just don't look at who we played that day

FIFY xlolx

TheKingpin28
May 11th, 2016, 10:11 AM
The only acceptable excuse to miss college football games is death and only then in certain circumstances.

Why do you have friends that would plan a marriage at all and second do it in the fall *****ing people out of football?

She does not watch football, and he is very apathetic towards football. He is a hockey and baseball kind of guy. Also, it is one of closest friends, known each other for about 6 years, and that was the only date the Radisson was open for. Also the church they wanted, was either that weekend, or not until November.

BisonFan02
May 11th, 2016, 10:13 AM
We are flattered that you came out to us but I think your parents already knew......................................

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/104544/4243824-3482981410-936fu.jpg

do better xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 11th, 2016, 10:16 AM
If you didnt catch the movie reference then....................you

#dobetter

BisonFan02
May 11th, 2016, 10:17 AM
If you didnt catch the movie reference then....................you

#dobetter

no, you... :D

#thegirlsnevercame

clenz
May 11th, 2016, 10:31 AM
FIFY xlolx
Hey...that game was tightly contested....for about 2 minutes.

UNI only put up 327 yards of offense on 43 first half plays. That's only 7.6 yards per play. The drives went TD, FG, FG, TD, TD, TD. It was only 36-0 at half. If you go to the first drive of the second half it was 507 yards on 53 plays and another FG, which actually upped the average yard per play to 7.7.

But after that...well....UNC tied UNI 7-7 after that point....if you ignore the fact UNI threw the third stringers out at that point.

IBleedYellow
May 11th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Want to make it to the UNI/Montana game.

We'll see if I get tickets for NDSU/EWU.

BisonFan02
May 11th, 2016, 11:30 AM
Want to make it to the UNI/Montana game.

We'll see if I get tickets for NDSU/EWU.

We'll talk man....I might have an idea for ya this year.

ALPHAGRIZ1
May 11th, 2016, 11:35 AM
I hope NDSU piss pounds the meth heads from Cheney. If Klieman takes his foot off the gas I will lose respect for him hanging 85 on the Ewu losers is not enough.

centennial
May 11th, 2016, 11:40 AM
I hope NDSU piss pounds the meth heads from Cheney. If Klieman takes his foot off the gas I will lose respect for him hanging 85 on the Ewu losers is not enough.

We didn't run up the score on UNDies, SDSU or Weber State. No way he runs it up on EWU. If we are doing well expect no more than a 30 point lead.

BisonTru
May 11th, 2016, 12:36 PM
We didn't run up the score on UNDies, SDSU or Weber State. No way he runs it up on EWU. If we are doing well expect no more than a 30 point lead.

The thing with eastern is they are such an offensive team, if that offense doesn't start scoring some points early and often, that defense will fold at some point with a heavy dose of power run. I've never seen a team come out firing on all cylinders their first trip to the dome, so I'm skeptical EWU will get their offense rolling like they will need to, to keep this game competitive. We don't purposely hang points on people, but when every run starts going for 8+ yards the only thing keeping the score down will be the clock. And we will let that run as long as we can, but every 40 seconds we are required to punch their defense in the mouth.

clenz
June 17th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Big news out of the colonies today.

Millstream Brewing out of the Colonies has purchased the Colony Inn Restaurant & will transform it into the Millstream Brau Haus. Slated to be open early fall. Hopefully by Sept 10

ursus arctos horribilis
June 17th, 2016, 03:27 PM
I don't know what it is but will be looking forward to checking it out.

TheKingpin28
June 17th, 2016, 04:50 PM
I don't know what it is but will be looking forward to checking it out.

Millstream is bliss! Even for those who aren't the "microbrew" kind of guys, you will want this.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 17th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Millstream is bliss! Even for those who aren't the "microbrew" kind of guys, you will want this.

I'll try it but as I have said many times...I'm not into that pussy **** of sitting around and acting like it's some damn wine tasting affair. I just don't get how men have tolerated turning each other into this kind of pansy crap. It's a beer, drink it, and stfu.

Hell, unless you are the bartender it is pretty damn light in the loafers to even ask another guy how his beer is let alone delve deeper than that.

uni88
June 17th, 2016, 05:37 PM
I'll try it but as I have said many times...I'm not into that pussy **** of sitting around and acting like it's some damn wine tasting affair. I just don't get how men have tolerated turning each other into this kind of pansy crap. It's a beer, drink it, and stfu.

Hell, unless you are the bartender it is pretty damn light in the loafers to even ask another guy how his beer is let alone delve deeper than that.
Did Pols piss in your frosty mug or something?

Drink what you like and who gives a ***** what anyone else thinks or says.

Personally, I'm trying to figure out how to add a side trip to Toppling Goliath in Decorah.

TheKingpin28
June 17th, 2016, 06:06 PM

I'm not the Pidgeotto haircut (look it up and it will give you a chuckle), flannel shirt, tight pants, beard, and holier than thou attitude, kind of guy, but I am telling you, this is not just some ordinary beer. This is something else. I am the "give me a damn beer and lets bull **** about real sports, not basketball, and let's not be 'those guys'". Men have become wussified with the indoctrination of liberal policies and allowing people to identify as anything other than gay or straight or male or female. It is that "I am special snowflake and deserve extra attention" mentality. That is what is wrong with not just being able to drink a beer.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 17th, 2016, 06:30 PM
I'm not the Pidgeotto haircut (look it up and it will give you a chuckle), flannel shirt, tight pants, beard, and holier than thou attitude, kind of guy, but I am telling you, this is not just some ordinary beer. This is something else. I am the "give me a damn beer and lets bull **** about real sports, not basketball, and let's not be 'those guys'". Men have become wussified with the indoctrination of liberal policies and allowing people to identify as anything other than gay or straight or male or female. It is that "I am special snowflake and deserve extra attention" mentality. That is what is wrong with not just being able to drink a beer.

That ain't a partisan thing. I've seen both sorts of pussies sit around and discuss hops, in fact, more conservative than liveral cuz it's what I seem to hang around the most. xlolx

Anyway, we ain't turning this thread about beer and eating under the guise of a game topic to become a poli thread so it end there.xthumbsupx

I am gonna try it btw.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 17th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Did Pols piss in your frosty mug or something?

Drink what you like and who gives a ***** what anyone else thinks or says.

Personally, I'm trying to figure out how to add a side trip to Toppling Goliath in Decorah.

You are simply repeating what I said there. I am up for looking into the side trip, how far is it from the general CR, CF area?

Pols is exactly one of those assholes that wants to sit around and pontificate about hops etc. In a pinch when you got a bowl of dry Cheerios you are willing to try about anything in my defense.

clenz
June 17th, 2016, 06:38 PM
It's about 2 hours north of Cedar Falls essentially right on the MN boarder

IBleedYellow
June 17th, 2016, 06:56 PM
If this means more beer is flowing into the world...there is nothing bad.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
June 17th, 2016, 07:22 PM
If this means more beer is flowing into the world...there is nothing bad.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4d/eb/cd/4debcd2154ee5920706ae3b44a6a3aa8.jpg

Replace Aspen, CO with Cedar Falls, IA and you guys have your trip shirts.

Herder
June 18th, 2016, 07:34 AM
UNI, are you going to stand up and win one vs the Griz? So far, 0-fer.

PantherRob82
June 18th, 2016, 11:22 AM
UNI, are you going to stand up and win one vs the Griz? So far, 0-fer.

xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

uni88
June 18th, 2016, 10:38 PM
You are simply repeating what I said there. I am up for looking into the side trip, how far is it from the general CR, CF area?

Pols is exactly one of those assholes that wants to sit around and pontificate about hops etc. In a pinch when you got a bowl of dry Cheerios you are willing to try about anything in my defense.
Pols and I have pretty similar taste in beer so I guess I must be one of those assholes. No skin off of my back if you or anyone else likes something else. Of course if you walked up and handed me a Lite or something, I'm going to say thanks and drink it rather than bitching about what kind it is.

grizband
June 19th, 2016, 02:18 PM

I'm also one of them, but I still love ya Ursus!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
June 19th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Pols and I have pretty similar taste in beer so I guess I must be one of those assholes. No skin off of my back if you or anyone else likes something else. Of course if you walked up and handed me a Lite or something, I'm going to say thanks and drink it rather than bitching about what kind it is.

Great. Not seeing the issue here I guess. My gripe was pretty specifically about the connoisseur , wine tasting event style of enjoying a beer so maybe you are taking annoyance at a description not aimed in your general direction.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 19th, 2016, 04:16 PM
I'm also one of them, but I still love ya Ursus!

That is fine and dandy, just so you know when all the experts start jabbering on about **** there are a lot of us that really just want to leave immediately...and in fact do which is best for all involved I assume.:D

grizband
June 19th, 2016, 05:10 PM
That is fine and dandy, just so you know when all the experts start jabbering on about **** there are a lot of us that really just want to leave immediately...and in fact do which is best for all involved I assume.:D
I try to only jabber with other experts around ;)

BisonFan02
June 19th, 2016, 07:12 PM
I try to only jabber with other experts around ;)

http://i.imgur.com/g1llmB1.jpg

Like this guy? :D