Bust...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

FUBeAR
July 14th, 2015, 08:52 AM
Sat, Nov 21
Florida State
at Tallahassee, Fla.
TBA L

Don't sell the Mocs short Chatttown. The Criminoles may not have enough non-incarcerated players to field a team by 11/21. I'd mark this down as 1-0 Forfeit victory for the Mocs and then make a healthy donation to the Tallahassee Police Union to cover your bet!

BisonBacker
July 14th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Here we go again it's that time of year (maybe a little early) for chattown to come out of hiding to tell us how the Moc's are going to wipe up the FCS and how they'd be ready to take on the top dogs of the SEC xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
July 14th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Here we go again it's that time of year (maybe a little early) for chattown to come out of hiding to tell us how the Moc's are going to wipe up the FCS and how they'd be ready to take on the top dogs of the SEC xlolx

Well to be fair, that scheduled is as soft as brie on a warm afternoon (hat tip to Furman tailgating).

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Well to be fair, that scheduled is as soft as brie on a warm afternoon (hat tip to Furman tailgating).

I do wish we had a few more tougher opponents like mvc Indiana State.

AmsterBison
July 14th, 2015, 10:20 AM

Get farther in the playoffs and maybe you'll find a tougher MVFC team to play.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 14th, 2015, 10:20 AM

ISUb is better than half of your schedule.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2015, 10:25 AM
ISUb is better than half of your schedule.

Is that all? Considering they were a playoff team that's no grand statement.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 14th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Is that all? Considering they were a playoff team that's no grand statement.

I'm being generous to Samford and WCU since they showed some fight last year and Woffy because they show it once in a while. They and FSU are the only difference between the earlier mentioned brie and just plain curdled milk.

I'm taking the cheese metaphor too far, I know.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2015, 10:38 AM
We'd probably be in the playoffs in any conference so I'm not worried about it. There are a few tests which will be enough to get us ready.

SU DOG
July 14th, 2015, 11:02 AM
IF JSU doesn't do it first, then listen for the sound of a bursting bubble on Sept 19 at Seibert Stadium, Homewood Alabama.

smallcollegefbfan
July 14th, 2015, 12:44 PM

I'm not a trash talker but seriously UTC has a weak schedule. I said before that they have a legit shot to go far and should. Anything less than a semi-final appearance will be a huge upset and disappointment. There is zero excuse for anything less than a semi-final appearance short of about 5-7 All-SoCon players lost for the remainder of the year to injury. The SoCon will be improved but I still don't see a SoCon team with talent anywhere close to UTC.

UTC has a lot of pressure. This is the year they have been waiting for. They lose a lot and won't be a top 10 team in 2016 as they rebuild a little before 2017 may be a big year again. If UTC is ever going to win a title this is it. Although, I still don't think they have a shot because Illinois State and NDSU have too much returning not to expect them to be in the top 2-3.

smallcollegefbfan
July 14th, 2015, 12:45 PM

I'm not a trash talker but seriously UTC has a weak schedule. I said before that they have a legit shot to go far and should. Anything less than a semi-final appearance will be a huge upset and disappointment. There is zero excuse for anything less than a semi-final appearance short of about 5-7 All-SoCon players lost for the remainder of the year to injury. The SoCon will be improved but I still don't see a SoCon team with talent to upset UTC.

This is the year they have been waiting for. They lose a lot and won't be a top 10 team in 2016 as they rebuild a little before 2017 may be a big year again. If UTC is ever going to win a title this is it. Although, I still don't think they have a shot because Illinois State and NDSU have too much returning not to expect them to be in the top 2-3.

JSU is the only top 15 caliber team UTC plays. If they get by that with a win then I don't see any reason why they should not be undefeated going into FSU.

BisonFan02
July 14th, 2015, 12:46 PM
I'm not a trash talker but seriously UTC has a weak schedule. I said before that they have a legit shot to go far and should. Anything less than a semi-final appearance will be a huge upset and disappointment. There is zero excuse for anything less than a semi-final appearance short of about 5-7 All-SoCon players lost for the remainder of the year to injury. The SoCon will be improved but I still don't see a SoCon team with talent anywhere close to UTC.

UTC has a lot of pressure. This is the year they have been waiting for. They lose a lot and won't be a top 10 team in 2016 as they rebuild a little before 2017 may be a big year again. If UTC is ever going to win a title this is it. Although, I still don't think they have a shot because Illinois State and NDSU have too much returning not to expect them to be in the top 2-3.

On offense....HUGE holes on D. I don't share the same confidence this year, but I'm sure IBY will swoop in to tell me I'm way to pessimistic. xlolx

smallcollegefbfan
July 14th, 2015, 12:49 PM
On offense....HUGE holes on D. I don't share the same confidence this year, but I'm sure IBY will swoop in to tell me I'm way to pessimistic. xlolx

The holes on defense are going to be filled by some good players. You guys have recruited well the last 4 or 5 years. I think the odds to win the title are not as good as the last couple of years but you have Wentz and I believe 3-4 All-American on defense. CB Smith, LB DeLuca, DT Tanguay are just some of the examples of what I like to call the NDSU reload. Even with what you lost you are still more talented than anyone in the SoCon. UTC is close and despite having the SoCon OFF POY they still don't have as good of a QB and they lack the speed on defense that you have. Tull and Lott will be huge losses to their DL. This year's version of that duo belongs to JSU. Sigler and Fanning are legit NFL players. They should terrorize offenses.

BisonFan02
July 14th, 2015, 12:58 PM
The holes on defense are going to be filled by some good players. You guys have recruited well the last 4 or 5 years. I think the odds to win the title are not as good as the last couple of years but you have Wentz and I believe 3-4 All-American on defense. CB Smith, LB DeLuca, DT Tanguay are just some of the examples of what I like to call the NDSU reload. Even with what you lost you are still more talented than anyone in the SoCon. UTC is close and despite having the SoCon OFF POY they still don't have as good of a QB and they lack the speed on defense that you have. Tull and Lott will be huge losses to their DL. This year's version of that duo belongs to JSU. Sigler and Fanning are legit NFL players. They should terrorize offenses.

True, but the Bison lost both starting DEs...including the Buchanan winner. All 3 starting LBs (yes, Deluca took over for Beck after injury, but the D suffered in the postseason without Beck back there)...and both FS and SS in Christian Dudzik and Georgia Southern's nightmare in Colten Heagle. Those two played a TON of football with Dudzik starting every game in his career (61 games...a record).

OL FU
July 14th, 2015, 01:10 PM
I just realized that I might be spending the afternoon of 9/26 in Paladin Stadium and the evening in beautiful Clinton SC.xdrunkyx

NDSUSR
July 14th, 2015, 01:18 PM
We'd probably be in the playoffs in any conference so I'm not worried about it. There are a few tests which will be enough to get us ready.

Ohhh Chatty why do you do this to yourself every year? Is making the playoffs the only goal for the Mocs?
Year after year you get Charlie Browned by Lucy.

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/22.jpg

smallcollegefbfan
July 14th, 2015, 01:18 PM
True, but the Bison lost both starting DEs...including the Buchanan winner. All 3 starting LBs (yes, Deluca took over for Beck after injury, but the D suffered in the postseason without Beck back there)...and both FS and SS in Christian Dudzik and Georgia Southern's nightmare in Colten Heagle. Those two played a TON of football with Dudzik starting every game in his career (61 games...a record).

You know you have replacements. You had to replace the guys before Turner and Emanuel and obviously found good players. NDSU has done a remarkable job and while I don't think a national title has to be expected, anything less than a top 3 finish would be a surprise to me. You have the most talented QB in FCS.

FUBeAR
July 14th, 2015, 06:44 PM
I just realized that I might be spending the afternoon of 9/26 in Paladin Stadium and the evening in beautiful Clinton SC.xdrunkyx

Me too...but headin' up 85 to SparkleCity, instead of to Clinnon, for my nightcap

Bisonator
July 14th, 2015, 06:53 PM
You know you have replacements. You had to replace the guys before Turner and Emanuel and obviously found good players. NDSU has done a remarkable job and while I don't think a national title has to be expected, anything less than a top 3 finish would be a surprise to me. You have the most talented QB in FCS.

I think Board and Dempsey or Smith will be just fine at the safety spots.

Anyway back to UTC, they should definitely walk thru the Socon again and their schedule appears to give them a good shot at a top 5 seed. Something tells me they don't make the chipper though. xlolx

centennial
July 14th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Bragging that you beat the 5th place MVFC team doesn't scare anyone. Indiana State barely made it to the playoffs vs YSU, that included plenty of right bounces. You do have a talented team but there are plenty of other talented teams. You are going to need to blank out the socon before you start to be thought off as a contender.

WTFCollegefootballfan
July 14th, 2015, 07:44 PM
BUST

BisonTru
July 14th, 2015, 07:55 PM
I think Board and Dempsey or Smith will be just fine at the safety spots.

Anyway back to UTC, they should definitely walk thru the Socon again and their schedule appears to give them a good shot at a top 5 seed. Something tells me they don't make the chipper though. xlolx

Tis the time of the year everyone's bulled up on their team and I'm a bull in the Bison camp, but I'm concerned about our safety play.

Board looks like quite the athlete and Dempsey played well at nickel, but when safeties f up you can give up big plays/TDs. I think Heagle and Dudzik will be greatly missed. Hope I'm wrong.

Regardless I'll be buying championship tickets in August.

FUBeAR
July 14th, 2015, 08:15 PM
The SoCon will be improved but I still don't see a SoCon team with talent to upset UTC.

You may be right, but one SoCon Team, the one that, logically, should be the most improved SoCon Team...came pretty dang close to doing just that last year..

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20966&stc=1

Scooter
July 14th, 2015, 08:19 PM
until UTC wins the games they need to even get to Frisco, I will remain skeptical. Are they a to 10 team? Probably. With NDSU, Villinova, Illinois St, SDSU, UNI, Montana, New Hampshire, YSU, SHSU, UCA, Etc... I would have to say 95% chance it will be BUST.

longtimemocfan
July 14th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Ohhh Chatty why do you do this to yourself every year? Is making the playoffs the only goal for the Mocs?
Year after year you get Charlie Browned by Lucy.

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/22.jpg
I hope you don't put this on all the posters from Chattanooga.

chattownmocs
July 14th, 2015, 08:35 PM
I'm not a trash talker but seriously UTC has a weak schedule. I said before that they have a legit shot to go far and should. Anything less than a semi-final appearance will be a huge upset and disappointment. There is zero excuse for anything less than a semi-final appearance short of about 5-7 All-SoCon players lost for the remainder of the year to injury. The SoCon will be improved but I still don't see a SoCon team with talent to upset UTC.

This is the year they have been waiting for. They lose a lot and won't be a top 10 team in 2016 as they rebuild a little before 2017 may be a big year again. If UTC is ever going to win a title this is it. Although, I still don't think they have a shot because Illinois State and NDSU have too much returning not to expect them to be in the top 2-3.

JSU is the only top 15 caliber team UTC plays. If they get by that with a win then I don't see any reason why they should not be undefeated going into FSU.

They lose Huesman and that's basically it. They lost far more this offseason. There isn't an upcoming season in which they won't have easily top 10 talent.

Terry2889
July 14th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Sat, Sep 05
Jacksonville State
Finley Stadium
6:00 p.m. W

Sat, Sep 12
Mars Hill
Finley Stadium
1:00 p.m. W

Sat, Sep 19
Samford *
at Birmingham, Ala.
3:30 p.m. W

Sat, Sep 26
Presbyterian
at Clinton, S.C.
7:00 p.m. W

Sat, Oct 10
Furman *
Finley Stadium

Sat, Oct 17
VMI *
at Lexington, Va.
1:30 p.m. W

Sat, Oct 24
Wofford *
at Spartanburg, S.C.

Homecoming

Sat, Oct 31
Western Carolina *
Finley Stadium
2:00 p.m. W

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/images/spacer.gif

Sat, Nov 07
Mercer *
at Macon, Ga.
TBA W

Sat, Nov 14
The Citadel *
Finley Stadium

Sat, Nov 21
Florida State
at Tallahassee, Fla.
TBA L

Every league has their share of creampuffs. We have Rhody and Elon... But Mars Hill? That's ridiculous

Southern Bison
July 14th, 2015, 09:21 PM
Road Trip! I'm in!

FUBeAR
July 14th, 2015, 09:29 PM
Every league has their share of creampuffs. We have Rhody and Elon... But Mars Hill? That's ridiculous

I think they HAD to schedule Mars Hill or a Mars Hill-like team because Austin Peay backed out late, because they got a game with Southern Miss, who was probably trying to fill their UAB slot (just guessing on that). But, you left out the most important part of your post...

REINHARDT > mars hill

smallcollegefbfan
July 14th, 2015, 09:36 PM
They lose Huesman and that's basically it. They lost far more this offseason. There isn't an upcoming season in which they won't have easily top 10 talent.

Huesman is a big loss. QB is important. Only 3 notable seniors in him, Herren, and Freeman but QB is the most important position. If Huesman was back then yes I would say another top 3 finish for sure. Unless you have a better QB coming up behind him then I could see top 3 again.

Like I said, they should be top 10 again in 2017 but I could see a dip down just outside of it in 2016 with a new QB (unless you have the same situation NDSU had with Jensen and Wentz).

Cocky
July 14th, 2015, 10:02 PM
UTC suffers a loss the first week of the season. I will give the game was close last year but its wasnt UTCs fault.

FUBeAR
July 14th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Huesman is a big loss. QB is important. QB is the most important position.

IF Huesman happens to 'go down' early in the season...and I sure hope that does NOT happen, to anyone, for obvious reasons, but also because I enjoy watching him play (unless I'm pulling for UTC's opponent - then, not so much)....but IF that happens, I could see Chatt losing 2 - 4 SoCon games in 2015. I agree with you (& Chattttttown) about the overall talent level, but I also see, IMHO, that the UTC-O is built around & relies HEAVILY upon his unique set of skills (more so than most O's do their starters - not all, but most). When he was 'off' (CMU and the 1st half of JSU, I believe, last year) or he was effectively neutralized (2nd half of UNH) by the opponent's D, the Mocs' O was pretty impotent. When he's 'on,' Chatt has enough talent to win it all. Truly, IMHO, despite the other talent in Chatt, JH is the 'straw that stirs the drink' up there.

OL FU
July 15th, 2015, 06:38 AM
Road Trip! I'm in!

You got my number

PaladinFan
July 15th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Huesman is a big loss. QB is important. Only 3 notable seniors in him, Herren, and Freeman but QB is the most important position. If Huesman was back then yes I would say another top 3 finish for sure. Unless you have a better QB coming up behind him then I could see top 3 again.

Like I said, they should be top 10 again in 2017 but I could see a dip down just outside of it in 2016 with a new QB (unless you have the same situation NDSU had with Jensen and Wentz).

I was going to make a similar comment. QB is the most important position on the field. It is doubly important at the FCS level, where a good QB can pretty well carry a team.

Great players are hard to replace at the FCS level. This isn't the SEC where you lose one all american and replace him with an all american.

UTC was irrelevant before Huseman. Who knows whether they will be relevant after he leaves. Look at Elon. They were awful before Scott Riddle, a playoff contender with him, and then awful after he left.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Lol. Chattanooga's football program is built on its defense.

PaladinFan
July 15th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Lol. Chattanooga's football program is built on its defense.

In 2003 Furman's defense surrendered something like 14.1 points per game on defense. I have yet to see a SoCon defense of that quality since that team. That team was 6-5 with a rotating door at QB.

I love defensive football. Defense will win you some games at the FCS level. This is my opinion, but quarterbacks in the FCS are what make teams championship contenders. Teams still have to be able to score. Most championship teams have great offenses.

UTC has had a good defense for a while. Huseman is the first guy they've had in years that really gives them a chance on offense. He is what makes them a contender, IMO.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2015, 07:33 AM
In 2003 Furman's defense surrendered something like 14.1 points per game on defense. I have yet to see a SoCon defense of that quality since that team. That team was 6-5 with a rotating door at QB.

I love defensive football. Defense will win you some games at the FCS level. This is my opinion, but quarterbacks in the FCS are what make teams championship contenders. Teams still have to be able to score. Most championship teams have great offenses.

UTC has had a good defense for a while. Huseman is the first guy they've had in years that really gives them a chance on offense. He is what makes them a contender, IMO.

Chattanooga is the only team in the conference that would have any chance if their starting QB went down. Huesman is only the 2nd real starter this program has had under his dad and no, the defense wasn't very good until until BJ Colemans injury riddled senior season.

PaladinFan
July 15th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Chattanooga is the only team in the conference that would have any chance if their starting QB went down. Huesman is only the 2nd real starter this program has had under his dad and no, the defense wasn't very good until until BJ Colemans injury riddled senior season.

Which is more or less my point. At this level, you lose your quarterback you pretty well lose your season.

FUBeAR
July 15th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Chattanooga is the only team in the conference that would have any chance if their starting QB went down.

I know you are no stranger to hyperbole, but Woffy played with 3 or 4 QB's last year, FU played with 3, El Cid's current starting QB played RB last year...so I think any of those 3 Teams wouldn't lose nearly as much "chance" as Chatt would if JH went down. So, I would rank the rest of the SoCon Teams' 'Starting-QB-Dependency,' as Chatt #1 (you like that, right...Chatt is #1), WCU is #2, VMI is #3, Sammy is #4, and Mercer is #5 (more of a comment on Mercer's Run/Pass mix than on Russ' importance to their success)

walliver
July 15th, 2015, 01:30 PM

The real question is whether UTC loses one Huesman or two Huesmans after this year.

You have to think that daddy is on a lot of G5 short lists, and with junior graduating is now more likely to leave after the 2015 season.

smallcollegefbfan
July 15th, 2015, 01:36 PM
The real question is whether UTC loses one Huesman or two Huesmans after this year.

You have to think that daddy is on a lot of G5 short lists, and with junior graduating is now more likely to leave after the 2015 season.

That is a very strong possibility. Although, I think for him to get a G5 offer he will need to win the SoCon and go far because the expectations are there. If they lose 3 or 4 games and don't win any playoff games, then his name is no longer hot. If he has just one loss and makes it to the semis or finals then I think he becomes a really hot name with several offers.

PaladinFan
July 15th, 2015, 01:38 PM
I know you are no stranger to hyperbole, but Woffy played with 3 or 4 QB's last year, FU played with 3, El Cid's current starting QB played RB last year...so I think any of those 3 Teams wouldn't lose nearly as much "chance" as Chatt would if JH went down. So, I would rank the rest of the SoCon Teams' 'Starting-QB-Dependency,' as Chatt #1 (you like that, right...Chatt is #1), WCU is #2, VMI is #3, Sammy is #4, and Mercer is #5 (more of a comment on Mercer's Run/Pass mix than on Russ' importance to their success)

I think if you count 2013, Furman has played with 6 different players at QB. I've lost track.

Wofford and Citadel are more system teams. They can probably plug and play better than anyone. The rest of those, you lose a lot of what you can do on offense.

As I've witnessed with Furman, you can have a good player as a backup. I'm sure every team has an accomplished athlete in the second chair. When teams have to cut back the playbook to accommodate a less-experienced player, things slow down quite a bit for a defense.

Sycamore62
July 15th, 2015, 02:02 PM
ISUb is better than ~73% of your schedule.

fify

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2015, 08:14 PM
That is a very strong possibility. Although, I think for him to get a G5 offer he will need to win the SoCon and go far because the expectations are there. If they lose 3 or 4 games and don't win any playoff games, then his name is no longer hot. If he has just one loss and makes it to the semis or finals then I think he becomes a really hot name with several offers.

He has a million dollar buyout, he's 55, he's at his alma mater, there is no chance that he is going to a "g5" school. Gtfo

smallcollegefbfan
July 15th, 2015, 08:40 PM
He has a million dollar buyout, he's 55, he's at his alma mater, there is no chance that he is going to a "g5" school. Gtfo

I didn't say leave. I said get an offer. If he dominates someone is going to come after him and everyone has their price. There is no FCS coach would not leave for the right dollar amount. You don't think if someone did offer him over 750k that he would take it?

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2015, 08:54 PM
I didn't say leave. I said get an offer. If he dominates someone is going to come after him and everyone has their price. There is no FCS coach would not leave for the right dollar amount. You don't think if someone did offer him over 750k that he would take it?

I think they would have to also pay his 1 million dollar buyout which I seriously doubt.

NDSUSR
July 15th, 2015, 08:57 PM
I think they would have to also pay his 1 million dollar buyout which I seriously doubt.

Yeah we thought the same with Bohl. How did that work out? :)

BisonFan02
July 15th, 2015, 09:00 PM

Bohl actually won something. Huesman isn't worth a mil.

chattownmocs
July 15th, 2015, 09:02 PM

I don't know but for anyone to even consider it I'd say he would have to win the national title so hopefully it happens then.

NDSUSR
July 15th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Im just saying, never say never.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 15th, 2015, 09:50 PM
BUST

Ditto!!

Sycamore62
July 16th, 2015, 11:04 PM
the step to the P5 jobs is the G5 jobs. if you want the millions, you are gonna have to win at the G5 level or be a coordinator for the P5. nobody is going from HC at FCS to a big program.

PaladinFan
July 17th, 2015, 05:53 AM
the step to the P5 jobs is the G5 jobs. if you want the millions, you are gonna have to win at the G5 level or be a coordinator for the P5. nobody is going from HC at FCS to a big program.

Jim Tressel went straight to Ohio State. Bobby Johnson went straight to Vanderbilt. I imagine there are others if I thought hard enough.

FUBeAR
July 17th, 2015, 07:19 AM

Between 2004 and 6/6/14, 18 FCS, Division II, or high school head coaches have been hired as the head coach of an FBS program. At least 3 "nobodies" hired by P5 Schools

ACC - Mike London – Virginia from RichmondPac-12 - Jim Harbaugh – Stanford from Univ. of San Diego
Pac-12 - Paul Wulff – Washington State from Eastern Washington

Jim Tressel went straight to Ohio State. Bobby Johnson went straight to Vanderbilt. I imagine there are others if I thought hard enough.

Ahem....PaladinFan....you didn't mention Dick Sheridan (FU to NCSU)...now, technically, that was I-AA to I-A and, yes, it was a few years back, but, as a Paladin Fan, you shouldn't ever omit Coach Sheridan from any list of this ilk.

Houndawg
July 19th, 2015, 08:13 PM
Sat, Sep 05
Jacksonville State
Finley Stadium
6:00 p.m. W

Sat, Sep 12
Mars Hill
Finley Stadium

Sat, Sep 19
Samford *
at Birmingham, Ala.
3:30 p.m. W

Sat, Sep 26
Presbyterian
at Clinton, S.C.
7:00 p.m. W

Sat, Oct 10
Furman *
Finley Stadium

Sat, Oct 17
VMI *
at Lexington, Va.

Sat, Oct 24
Wofford *
at Spartanburg, S.C.

Homecoming

Sat, Oct 31
Western Carolina *
Finley Stadium

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/images/spacer.gif

Sat, Nov 07
Mercer *
at Macon, Ga.
TBA W

Sat, Nov 14
The Citadel *
Finley Stadium

Sat, Nov 21
Florida State
at Tallahassee, Fla.
TBA L

Soft schedule... 5-6/6-5

Bisonoline
July 19th, 2015, 08:43 PM

Bohl didn't have close to a million dollar buyout.

chattownmocs
July 22nd, 2015, 01:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFjMHqoPlBM

chattownmocs
July 22nd, 2015, 01:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElHTbIVrjyM

chattownmocs
July 22nd, 2015, 01:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A73hgcIhjYo

chattownmocs
August 4th, 2015, 11:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv75iZOzgV4

chattownmocs
August 4th, 2015, 11:13 AM
The Mocs opened fall camp on Monday and their leaders, including Coach Huesman, made themselves abundantly clear. It is in fact "National Championship or bust," in the scenic city.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/29701032/mocs-open-camp-with-national-championship-or-bust-mentality (http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/29701032/mocs-open-camp-with-national-championship-or-bust-mentality)

BisonBacker
August 4th, 2015, 11:54 AM
I'll pick "Bust"

Professor Chaos
August 4th, 2015, 12:17 PM
The fact that they're openly talking to the media about a national championship on the first day camp is not necessarily a good sign IMO. I'd say worry about winning the SOCON autobid first. On top of that they've got a tough season opener against Jacksonville St and with a D2 on the schedule and a likely weak SOCON pulling down their SOS they most likely need to win that JSU game and the conference to even get a seed in the playoffs.

IBleedYellow
August 4th, 2015, 12:20 PM
It's UTC. Bust.

Sycamore62
August 4th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Between 2004 and 6/6/14, 18 FCS, Division II, or high school head coaches have been hired as the head coach of an FBS program. At least 3 "nobodies" hired by P5 Schools

ACC - Mike London – Virginia from Richmond

Pac-12 - Jim Harbaugh – Stanford from Univ. of San Diego
Pac-12 - Paul Wulff – Washington State from Eastern Washington

Ahem....PaladinFan....you didn't mention Dick Sheridan (FU to NCSU)...now, technically, that was I-AA to I-A and, yes, it was a few years back, but, as a Paladin Fan, you shouldn't ever omit Coach Sheridan from any list of this ilk.

I guess I should have been more specific. These days you have to take that middle job for the most part.

In 10 years we have 3 or 4 nobodys and I dont think we can call Jim Harbaugh a nobody when it comes to football and coaching. How many P5 openings have there been?

did any of the guys who went from FCS to P5 not have P5 Coordinator experience?

Even Tressel was 14 years ago.

with the moves ive seen in the last 5 years, I just dont see much chance for a guy to make that jump.

AshevilleApp2
August 4th, 2015, 03:48 PM

Sparky Woods to South Carolina.

Sycamore62
August 4th, 2015, 03:57 PM

did they even have FCS back then?

/sarcasm

chattanoogamocs
August 5th, 2015, 02:00 AM

Tommy West spent one season at Chattanooga before taking the head job at Clemson (he was equally average to bad at both places...and then stunk up Memphis for a while)