PDA

View Full Version : FCS Players at Manning Passing Academy 2015

BluBengal07
July 13th, 2015, 11:05 PM
http://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/manning-passing-academy-campers-getting-true-college-quarterback-in-arkansas-brandon-allen/
Manning Passing Academy Campers Getting True College Quarterback in Arkansas’ Brandon Allen

July 12, 2015 (http://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/manning-passing-academy-campers-getting-true-college-quarterback-in-arkansas-brandon-allen/)

The 20th annual Manning Passing Academy kicked off this weekend at Nicholls State University with an estimated 1,200 campers attending ranging in experience from 12th to 8th grade. Of the 1,200 attending 900 are quarterbacks.
Beyond the usual cast of Manning family members on hand, patriarch Archie along with sons Peyton (Denver Broncos), Eli (New York Giants), and Cooper, are 120 camp counselors. Of the 120 counselors 39 are college quarterbacks brought in to pass their knowledge of the game on to the next generation of up-and-comers....

The Manning Passing Academy began their 2015 camp instruction on Friday and ends on Sunday. The camp has a 20 year history that began on Tulane’s campus before expanding to Nicholls State in 2005. Over the years the Manning Passing Academy can lay claim to helping seven No. 1 overall NFL Draft picks (JaMarcus Russell (LSU), Matthew Stafford (Georgia), Sam Bradford (Oklahoma), Andrew Luck (Stanford), and Jameis Winston (FSU) along their way. Of the quarterbacks currently in the NFL, 54 have participated at the Manning camp including 17 projected starters going into the 2015 season.
Manning Passing Academy College Quarterback Counselors
Brandon Allen – Arkansas
Kade Bell – Jacksonville University
Sean Bellotti – Cal Lutheran
Trevone Boykin – TCU
Jacoby Brissett – N.C. State
Ryan Buchanan – Ole Miss
Keller Chryst – Stanford
Montell Cozart – Kansas
Joshua Dobbs – Tennessee
Brandon Doughty – Western Kentucky
Michael Eubank – Samford
Tuskani Figaro – Nicholls State
Jared Goff – Cal
Christian Hackenberg – Penn State
Kevin Hogan – Stanford
Jacob Huesman – Chattanooga – Tennessee
LaMontiez Ivy – Jackson State
Chuckie Keeton – Utah State
Chad Kelly – Ole Miss
Cody Kessler – USC
Gunner Kiel – Cincinnati
Trevor Knight – Oklahoma
Cooper Kupp – Eastern Washington
Tanner Lee – Tulane
Mitch Leidner – Minnesota
Jeff Lockie – Oregon
Maty Mauk – Missouri
John O’Korn – Michigan
Dak Prescott – Mississippi State
Mason Rudolph – Oklahoma State
Seth Russell – Baylor
Jordan Scelfo – Incarnate College – Texas (Incarnate Word)
Thomas Sirk – Duke
Nate Sudfeld – Indiana
Chad Voytik – Pitt
Dalyn Williams – Dartmouth
Johnathan Williams – Grambling
Marquise Williams – North Carolina
Jeff Ziemba – Shepherd College

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/07/2015_manning_passing_academy_2.html
Manning Passing Academy rolls into 20th year July 9-12 in Thibodaux
July 08, 2015 at 8:30 AM
"They're coming from Penn State, Indiana, Southern California, Stanford, Utah State, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Ole Miss, and then we're not just big-time," Archie Manning said. "We've got a quarterback coming from Shepherd University, and Samford and Jackson State."

McNeese75
July 14th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Interesting, so EWU is moving All-American receiver Cooper Kupp to QB? I guess you put your best athlete where he will do the most good.

lionsrking2
July 14th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Interesting, so EWU is moving All-American receiver Cooper Kupp to QB? I guess you put your best athlete where he will do the most good.

Wide Receivers also attend the Manning Camp. We had at least six of our guys there.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJpKeAzW8AARFof.jpg

McNeese75
July 14th, 2015, 10:38 AM
ahhh, that explains it. Thanks xthumbsupx

lionsrking2
July 14th, 2015, 10:46 AM
ahhh, that explains it. Thanks xthumbsupx

No problem. Somebody has to run routes for all those QBs.

McNeese75
July 14th, 2015, 10:48 AM
duhhhh, I should have thought of that xlolx

SU DOG
July 14th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Interesting side note: The idea for this camp was conceived by Peyton. It came after he participated in the Bobby Bowden QB Camp at SAMFORD, while he was in high school. The original idea was to help HS quarterbacks in the state of Louisiana to become more proficient in the passing game. Once again our QB is there. That has been the case for many years.
Some predictions are out there that Samford QB Michael Eubank will have a BIG year - hope they are correct.

BluBengal07
July 14th, 2015, 11:46 AM

Manning Passing Academy rolls into 20th year July 9-12 in Thibodaux
"About 1,200 aspiring quarterbacks, receivers, running backs and tight ends will travel to Thibodaux to practice and learn football fundamentals from the Mannings."

lionsrking2
July 14th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Interesting side note: The idea for this camp was conceived by Peyton. It came after he participated in the Bobby Bowden QB Camp at SAMFORD, while he was in high school. The original idea was to help HS quarterbacks in the state of Louisiana to become more proficient in the passing game. Once again our QB is there. That has been the case for many years.
Some predictions are out there that Samford QB Michael Eubank will have a BIG year - hope they are correct.

We hosted the MPA for several years but couldn't accommodate the growth. 17 years without football ate into our practice field space.

FormerPokeCenter
July 14th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Isn't Incarnate Word an FCS School???

Hood
August 1st, 2015, 06:48 AM
It's fun to go sit as a spectator and watch all the "somebodies" from the football world, college and pro, on the sideline.

I kid you not I heard Jon Gruden bust out a "let me tell you about this guy" when my wife worked for campus PD in 2011.

Ok so that's my only cool story, bro(s).

BEAR
August 1st, 2015, 07:09 AM
Isn't Incarnate Word an FCS School???

Are they? xeyebrowx Aaaaaaaaaare theeeeey? xlolx