PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Adams didn't graduate from EWU

GetEmGriz
July 9th, 2015, 04:12 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2015/07/vernon_adams_jr_did_not_gradua.html

This should be interesting. xpopcornx

UNIFanSince1983
July 9th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Uh oh!

Although slightly disappointing because I was looking forward to watching him with the Ducks this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
July 9th, 2015, 04:25 PM
LOL...I don't understand how this reached early July. Someone was asleep at the wheel....xdrunkyx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 9th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Doesn't appear to be a big impediment. A small one but easily overcome.

CrazyCat
July 9th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Is this news? Why would he be included in the spring graduating class. When it was well known he still needed to pass 2 math classes in the summer to graduate.

clenz
July 9th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Is this news? Why would he be included in the spring graduating class. When it was well known he still needed to pass 2 math classes in the summer to graduate.
I walked May 2010 but was 9 credits short of graduation, an internship I completed in the fall. When you walk has nothing to do with the actual graduation date

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KPSUL
July 9th, 2015, 05:43 PM
What graduate degree to you pursue with an undergraduate degree in "Interdisciplinary Studies" ? Master of Arts in Generic Ambiguity ?

Professor Chaos
July 9th, 2015, 06:24 PM
What graduate degree to you pursue with an undergraduate degree in "Interdisciplinary Studies" ? Master of Arts in Generic Ambiguity ?
Master of Arts in Singular Eyeblack

Drblankstare
July 9th, 2015, 07:58 PM
Neither did I.

CHIP72
July 9th, 2015, 08:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps there's a Master of Arts in Intradisciplinary Studies for Undefined Disciplines.

Nickels
July 9th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Hopefully football is good to VA in the future because I don't think that someone who struggled to graduate at EWU with a Interdisciplinary Studies degree has a great shot in the professional world.

IBleedYellow
July 10th, 2015, 08:14 AM
You're exactly right.

Go read Oregon boards or reddit, you'll see that they already knew they wouldn't be able to get him until August 5 anyway.

PAllen
July 10th, 2015, 09:28 AM

Ballroom dancing? It works at USC.

smallcollegefbfan
July 10th, 2015, 12:39 PM
You're exactly right.

Go read Oregon boards or reddit, you'll see that they already knew they wouldn't be able to get him until August 5 anyway.

I kept hearing he was going to have trouble graduating and that he was not a done deal. Hopefully he does graduate and is able to play for them but if not then it will be interesting to see what happens. I'm sure folks will make sure he does. It will be too much of a mess if he somehow can't transfer.

NDSUSR
July 10th, 2015, 01:49 PM
I gotta give some props to EverettGriz on egriz for his post regarding VA's math test.

by EverettGriz (http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1567) » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:12 am

In my mind I see the final exam something along the lines of:

1. It's 3rd and 4. How many yards do you need for a first down?

2. Greater, equal, or less than: the crowd at Ewoo's corn field compared with that at WA Griz?

3. You throw up yet another ridiculously dangerous pass off your back foot. Cooper Kupp bails your ass out yet again and catches it 47 yards down field and gets 19 yards after the catch. What is your jersy number?

I figure he's good for 2 out of 3 for a solid "D", and he's off to Oregon!

Cocky
July 11th, 2015, 05:47 AM
Chapel Hill also has a degree waiting for anyone with a check or athletic ability.

tomq04
July 13th, 2015, 04:34 PM
What do you call an EWU grad in a 3 piece suit?

The defendant

TheKingpin28
July 13th, 2015, 04:42 PM
I thought that was the Florida State Criminoles?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 13th, 2015, 06:05 PM
I thought that was the Florida State Criminoles?

Hell it's been around since Boise State was in the BSC cuz that was the line on them back then. xlolx

OhioHen
July 14th, 2015, 07:36 AM

"Interdisciplinary Studies" is the 21st century term for what used to be called "Liberal Arts." He can "pursue" almost any graduate degree he wants - doesn't matter to the NCAA as long as he's enrolled in enough classes to qualify for competition.

tomq04
August 11th, 2015, 10:44 AM
If VA fails his math test on Thursday there is only 1 school in the country that he will be eligible to play for...and will we take him back?

eiu1999
August 11th, 2015, 11:45 AM
If VA fails his math test on Thursday there is only 1 school in the country that he will be eligible to play for...and will we take him back?

Ask him to find it on a map.

centennial
August 11th, 2015, 11:55 AM

Declares early?

smallcollegefbfan
August 11th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Declares early?

He would either transfer to NAIA or D2 or sit out this season and enter the 2016 NFL Draft, which he was going to be a senior for anyway.

UNIFanSince1983
August 11th, 2015, 01:27 PM

I honestly don't see how you don't take him back.

dewey
August 11th, 2015, 01:38 PM

Oh how the plot would thicken then. Does anyone know what math course it is?

Dewey

MR. CHICKEN
August 11th, 2015, 02:15 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21124&stc=1......FOOTBALL SCORE KEEPIN'?.......xdontknowx.....BRAWK!

tomq04
August 11th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I honestly don't see how you don't take him back.

I suspect you are correct, and I'm sure there would be one moment of boo-ing before the winning takes over.

smallcollegefbfan
August 11th, 2015, 03:16 PM
I suspect you are correct, and I'm sure there would be one moment of boo-ing before the winning takes over.

He would have to be brain dead not to pass. I'm sure EWU doesn't want him back right now, even though they would have to take him back because he would help them win. I'm sure he will be given a passing grade and on to Oregon here in a couple weeks.

TheKingpin28
August 11th, 2015, 03:57 PM
Oh how the plot would thicken then. Does anyone know what math course it is?

Dewey

How to count how many footballs a team is allowed and how to measure the PSI?

IBleedYellow
August 11th, 2015, 04:16 PM
He would have to be brain dead not to pass. I'm sure EWU doesn't want him back right now, even though they would have to take him back because he would help them win. I'm sure he will be given a passing grade and on to Oregon here in a couple weeks.

He's already failed it twice before.

tomq04
August 11th, 2015, 04:17 PM
He's already failed it twice before.

I don't believe that is true, it was known he would have to take a summer class from the get go.

centennial
August 11th, 2015, 05:04 PM
This reminds me that at my graduation, the university studies kids got an ovation from the graduating class. Even though no other major got it. Does interdisciplinary studies have any standards other than get 120 some credits? This must be a one level math course, couldn't be anything more.

IBleedYellow
August 11th, 2015, 05:16 PM
This reminds me that at my graduation, the university studies kids got an ovation from the graduating class. Even though no other major got it. Does interdisciplinary studies have any standards other than get 120 some credits? This must be a one level math course, couldn't be anything more.

University Studies takes more than 120 credits...I think I saw it's around 140.

344Johnson
August 11th, 2015, 05:48 PM

I wish we had done the same to ours.

Catsfan90
August 12th, 2015, 04:11 AM
This was all over ESPN today. Apparently he hasn't been able to practice with any player on Oregon in any way. Will be interesting to see how this effects on field chemistry.

Catatonic
August 12th, 2015, 05:36 AM
University Studies takes more than 120 credits...I think I saw it's around 140.

60 hours of upper division work in the major, plus whatever the gen ed requirements are at Eastern Washington. The EWU web site shows several tracks within interdisciplinary studies but they all require 60 hours devoted to the major.

Sycamore62
August 12th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Ballroom dancing? It works at USC.

AIDS awareness worked at Ohio State

Catatonic
August 12th, 2015, 08:32 AM
AIDS awareness worked at Ohio State

My favorites from the University of Georgia....Insects and Man, History of Rock N Roll, and Sexual Deviance.

Cocky
August 12th, 2015, 08:49 AM
UNC just gives grades and credits to athletes.

Professor Chaos
August 12th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I've been following this from afar so maybe I'm missing some info that would change my mind but it appears Mr Adams didn't really think this thing through when he made this decision. To expect to compete for the starting QB job at a place like Oregon without going through any spring/summer workouts and missing most of the only fall camp he'll ever have a chance to compete in with them seems pretty far fetched. If most were in his same position I would think they'd make damn sure that their academics were in order so they could get working out at their new school ASAP since I'm 99.9999% sure this move is football related and nothing else. If this is an opportunity that blind sided him and caught him unprepared academically he really should've put more thought into what's best for him in terms of his pro stock.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 12th, 2015, 09:43 AM
I've been following this from afar so maybe I'm missing some info that would change my mind but it appears Mr Adams didn't really think this thing through when he made this decision. To expect to compete for the starting QB job at a place like Oregon without going through any spring/summer workouts and missing most of the only fall camp he'll ever have a chance to compete in with them seems pretty far fetched. If most were in his same position I would think they'd make damn sure that their academics were in order so they could get working out at their new school ASAP since I'm 99.9999% sure this move is football related and nothing else. If this is an opportunity that blind sided him and caught him unprepared academically he really should've put more thought into what's best for him in terms of his pro stock.

Maybe he just knew that at least more pro scouts were going to be hanging around at Oregon than EWU. I'll bet their pro day is very well attended.

UNIFanSince1983
August 12th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Pat Forde on Dan Patrick yesterday said VA would be the starter at Oregon provided he passes this final.

I guess I don't know how much Forde actually knows about the situation, but seems likely he will be the starter as long as he graduates from EWU.

tomq04
August 12th, 2015, 10:13 AM

It is really hard to know exactly what happened in that brain, but I have a feeling he didn't realize everything he would be missing...I'm starting to think we will not see much of him this year.

Sycamore62
August 12th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Maybe Oregon doesnt think that camp is that important for their offensive system. I mean camp is just PRACTICE.

I am unable to insert a picture of alan iverson

The Yo Show
August 12th, 2015, 11:54 AM
When was EWU's final week for the summer term? When will we find out if he passed?

Catsfan90
August 12th, 2015, 12:42 PM
When was EWU's final week for the summer term? When will we find out if he passed?

He takes his math final tomorrow evening.

344Johnson
August 12th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Maybe he just knew that at least more pro scouts were going to be hanging around at Oregon than EWU. I'll bet their pro day is very well attended.

This. If he is good, he'll get a chance in the NFL no matter what. (See Matt Cassel)

centennial
August 12th, 2015, 12:49 PM
This. If he is good, he'll get a chance in the NFL no matter what. (See Matt Cassel)
He has wonderful instincts. A good college QB does not make a NFL QB, like Brock Jensen. His biggest problem is his 5'10 height and his breathing issue (guessing it's sickle cell or asthma). I actually hope that he clears his finals.

Grizzlies82
August 12th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Pat Forde on Dan Patrick yesterday said VA would be the starter at Oregon provided he passes this final.

I guess I don't know how much Forde actually knows about the situation, but seems likely he will be the starter as long as he graduates from EWU.

The kid is a very talented player. Yet considering how much time he missed with the Ducks, it is hard to imagine he would be the starter. He will be familiar with the E. WA defensive schemes and players helping him for that one game against his old team mates. However he will be almost completely unfamiliar with his new offensive scheme and new team mates. So I'd say his chance of being the starter is close to ZERO. Too bad it appears he didn't think this through, or didn't believe he had to put any effort into completing his degree. Though wishing Lil' Shoota the best.

IBleedYellow
August 12th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Looks like Vernon Adams won't be able to play for EWU if he can't get into Oregon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhgekk2HepE

Better test well, Mr. Adams.

centennial
August 12th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Did shoota shoot from the hip?

veinup
August 12th, 2015, 05:24 PM
all he has to do is PASS a math final? that's .. generally pretty easy to do for almost anybody with a brain.

PAllen
August 12th, 2015, 11:28 PM
all he has to do is PASS a math final? that's .. generally pretty easy to do for almost anybody with a brain.

I'm guessing we're not talking differential equations here, so yeah.

NDSUSR
August 13th, 2015, 12:04 AM

3rd time is a charm?

tomq04
August 13th, 2015, 01:32 PM
3rd time is a charm?

This time I'm sure he's surrounded by nike sponsored athletic tutors. 3rd time better be the charm.

gpirner
August 13th, 2015, 01:56 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aot3MyQJUOY

tomq04
August 13th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Test supposedly at 12:30 pst (45 minutes) He is supposed to get results almost immediately. If he isn't at camp this afternoon, or tomorrow morning...he's toast.

BisonFan02
August 13th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Well? Did he pass?

centennial
August 13th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Well? Did he pass?
Just looked at the question he had for his test on twitter. Looks like Calc 1. The question isn't easy however. Shoota might not make it.

tomq04
August 13th, 2015, 05:05 PM
I'm not finding anything, checking his twitter but no updates...what did you see centennial?

centennial
August 13th, 2015, 05:13 PM
I'm not finding anything, checking his twitter but no updates...what did you see centennial?

Check out @TedMillerRK's Tweet: https://twitter.com/TedMillerRK/status/631931934608785408?s=09

centennial
August 13th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Also wanted to point out that this is likely a trick question

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldbach%27s_conjecture

tomq04
August 13th, 2015, 05:37 PM
http://www.addictedtoquack.com/2015/8/13/9151091/veron-adams-passed-his-math-test?utm_campaign=addictedtoquack&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter (http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.addictedtoquack.com%2F2015% 2F8%2F13%2F9151091%2Fveron-adams-passed-his-math-test%3Futm_campaign%3Daddictedtoquack%26utm_conten t%3Dchorus%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_source%3Dtw itter&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFDoTioooUqN5viFglrSAGvB6p7SA)

Passed according to twitter. Good for him!

centennial
August 13th, 2015, 05:39 PM
http://www.addictedtoquack.com/2015/8/13/9151091/veron-adams-passed-his-math-test?utm_campaign=addictedtoquack&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter (http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.addictedtoquack.com%2F2015% 2F8%2F13%2F9151091%2Fveron-adams-passed-his-math-test%3Futm_campaign%3Daddictedtoquack%26utm_conten t%3Dchorus%26utm_medium%3Dsocial%26utm_source%3Dtw itter&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFDoTioooUqN5viFglrSAGvB6p7SA)

Was just posting that. Yup he passed.

TheKingpin28
August 13th, 2015, 06:15 PM

They deleted it and say it was false

IBleedYellow
August 13th, 2015, 06:30 PM
Apparently he won't know until later tonight if he passed or not?

I hope he does.

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Apparently he won't know until later tonight if he passed or not?

I hope he does.

He would be in a huge bind if he does not pass. I hope EWU is going to do something about the outsiders getting in the heads of their players. I don't know if it is people like BSN or Draft Diamonds or agents but there is certainly something going on with players declaring and now VA wanting to be a grad transfer. Here is the kicker. I don't think he will even start at Oregon if the reports about their current QB are true. It sounds like he is doing well and VA would need to turn in a big time first two weeks of practice to beat him out. I wish him well and hope this decision doesn't blow up in his face like it very well could.

lionsrking2
August 13th, 2015, 07:50 PM
He would be in a huge bind if he does not pass. I hope EWU is going to do something about the outsiders getting in the heads of their players. I don't know if it is people like BSN or Draft Diamonds or agents but there is certainly something going on with players declaring and now VA wanting to be a grad transfer. Here is the kicker. I don't think he will even start at Oregon if the reports about their current QB are true. It sounds like he is doing well and VA would need to turn in a big time first two weeks of practice to beat him out. I wish him well and hope this decision doesn't blow up in his face like it very well could.

There's no way he would start at Oregon at this point. Maybe by midseason if Lockie struggles, but you don't just walk in two weeks before the season starts and run a big time offense. He's not THAT good. If he starts game one, Oregon is in trouble.

IBleedYellow
August 13th, 2015, 08:33 PM
He passed.

https://twitter.com/vadams_qb/status/631997868803538945

Go get em VA!

There's no way he would start at Oregon at this point. Maybe by midseason if Lockie struggles, but you don't just walk in two weeks before the season starts and run a big time offense. He's not THAT good. If he starts game one, Oregon is in trouble.

Rumors everywhere state he's had the playbook since Spring. Here's hoping he'll be able to showcase his talents this year.

lionsrking2
August 13th, 2015, 08:44 PM
He passed.

https://twitter.com/vadams_qb/status/631997868803538945

Go get em VA!

Rumors everywhere state he's had the playbook since Spring. Here's hoping he'll be able to showcase his talents this year.

He can have the playbook all he wants, the reality is he hasn't been there. He'll be able to showcase the one talent we haven't seen from him and that's how to hold a clipboard.

tribefan40
August 13th, 2015, 09:52 PM
He can have the playbook all he wants, the reality is he hasn't been there. He'll be able to showcase the one talent we haven't seen from him and that's how to hold a clipboard.

Too much voltage on the bench. If it were to go this way, the second Lockie stumbles, adams is in.

NDSUSR
August 13th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Too much voltage on the bench. If it were to go this way, the second Lockie stumbles, adams is in.
Agreed, and when he fails then what? This will end badly for VA.

bluehenbillk
August 14th, 2015, 07:02 AM
Lots of FCS sour grapes on here regarding VA. You can't change his stats against Pac-12 competition - he'll play this year, maybe not from the get go but with all the weapons Oregon has he'll be in heaven & will do quite well IMO.

Sycamore62
August 14th, 2015, 08:41 AM
What's 4+4 Billy?

Jello

Grizzlies82
August 14th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Lots of FCS sour grapes on here regarding VA. You can't change his stats against Pac-12 competition - he'll play this year, maybe not from the get go but with all the weapons Oregon has he'll be in heaven & will do quite well IMO.

No sour grapes from me. Lil Shoota is a very good athlete. While I can't imagine he will start for them (far too little time to prepare), I don't doubt that he can play well for them.

I really wish him well and hope that his decision to transfer works to his advantage.

tomq04
August 14th, 2015, 10:22 AM
I really wish him well and hope that his decision to transfer works to his advantage.

I'll drink to that

clenz
August 14th, 2015, 10:50 AM
No sour grapes from me. Lil Shoota is a very good athlete. While I can't imagine he will start for them (far too little time to prepare), I don't doubt that he can play well for them.

The thing about offenses like Oregon - and it was the big knock on Mariota coming out this past year...and any QB in that kind of system...is that it doesn't require a lot of in depth playbook memorization and doesn't require a lot of route tree and blocking scheme memorization.

The plays are called on cards. You pretty much only look at the picture on the card that applies to you. He needs to know if he should hand off of keep it. He needs to know what his first two reads are because that's really what 98% of their pass plays are - 2 quick reads. He's coming from an offense that is pretty similar. Rumor is that he's had the playbook for 5-6 months already.

He's more than talented enough to be the best QB on the roster. His biggest issue that I see is adjusting to the speed that everything is going to happen compared to what he saw in the Big Sky on a regular basis.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 14th, 2015, 12:10 PM
I hope his transfer is complete so we can move this into other sports.

bobcathpdevil56
August 14th, 2015, 03:03 PM
BTW, gotta give credit to Coach Baldwin for a very classy answer to the question. He answered that about as good as you can. Probably rehearsed it in front of the mirror that very morning

BisonFan02
August 14th, 2015, 03:06 PM
BTW, gotta give credit to Coach Baldwin for a very classy answer to the question. He answered that about as good as you can. Probably rehearsed it in front of the mirror that very morning

Yeah...that was definitely "coach speak" and rehearsed....but that is exactly what he needed to do and how it needed to be handled.

Hammerhead
August 15th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Was it God's plan that he didn't pass his math class in the spring?

On Wednesday evening, Adams posted on Instagram: "I wish I could have passed my math class the first time. But everything happens for a reason, right?"

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13434017/quarterback-vernon-adams-completes-graduate-transfer-eastern-washington-officially-joins-oregon-ducks

JALMOND
August 15th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Watching from the sidelines (Duck football dominates Oregon sporting news this time of year), I wasn't too worried about Adams not completing the transfer. However, for as harsh as we all have been on Adams while he was at EWU, it is nothing compared to the negativity coming from both Eugene and Portland, saying that this whole thing shows Adams "intelligence" and that he will never be ready this season. I think this is far from the truth. I highly doubt Adams will play against EWU (I think that was already decided by Helfridge and his group) in order to ease the pressure on both Adams and the Ducks themselves in this transition. I think Adams may get in the game against Michigan State for a bit, but that he will play most (if not all) of the game against Georgia State. I think this was the plan all along. The only way this changes is if Lockie is truly the second coming of Mariota (which I don't see right now). The feeling among Duck fans after last year was that Lockie still needed another year and the fear was the Ducks would drop a bit without a "proven" QB.

WTFCollegefootballfan
August 18th, 2015, 07:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13457285/have-oregon-ducks-found-their-russell-wilson-vernon-adams

ursus arctos horribilis
August 18th, 2015, 08:05 PM
After all that he only missed 4 practices. Not saying it's nothing but it's not huge either. He starts for them I think.

smallcollegefbfan
August 18th, 2015, 08:37 PM
After all that he only missed 4 practices. Not saying it's nothing but it's not huge either. He starts for them I think.

Missing the spring was big for him but to me the key here is how good is the QB they have had. The word is that he looks very good and is a worthy starter. Oregon has a good problem with two worthy starting QBs. I don't think Adams will fail badly at Oregon but I do think he is more of a CFL QB and this entire move was solely because he wanted to help his NFL stock. I just don't see him getting drafted but if he goes here and has a 1st team All-Pac 12 type season he certainly will be deserving of it.

JALMOND
August 18th, 2015, 11:03 PM
Oregon Live and CSNNW Ducks insider Aaron Fentress said last night that after Adams's first practice, it was clear who the better QB was. Fentress was saying once Adams has the playbook down, he will be starting for the Ducks. Better footwork, better throws, better accuracy were a few things he highlighted.

Fentress comes across as a know-it-all blowhard at times, but he does know the Ducks. Based on that, if it is about the Ducks, I would tend to believe him.

Former PSU coach (and now Pac-12 Network analyst) Nigel Burton was on the show last night as well and he had great praise for Adams as well.

smallcollegefbfan
August 18th, 2015, 11:55 PM
Oregon Live and CSNNW Ducks insider Aaron Fentress said last night that after Adams's first practice, it was clear who the better QB was. Fentress was saying once Adams has the playbook down, he will be starting for the Ducks. Better footwork, better throws, better accuracy were a few things he highlighted.

Fentress comes across as a know-it-all blowhard at times, but he does know the Ducks. Based on that, if it is about the Ducks, I would tend to believe him.

Former PSU coach (and now Pac-12 Network analyst) Nigel Burton was on the show last night as well and he had great praise for Adams as well.

Sounds like to me, if true, that maybe Oregon was lying about the other kid so they would not look to be in bad shape if Adams did not pass the test perhaps? Just a guess. Who really knows. The fact that Adams was not offered out of high school but is better than the player they did offer makes me wonder why they did not offer Adams coming out. After seeing him as a freshman it is apparent he was a pretty good player from day one. Wonder if they even knew who he was or passed because of his height?

kalm
August 19th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Sounds like to me, if true, that maybe Oregon was lying about the other kid so they would not look to be in bad shape if Adams did not pass the test perhaps? Just a guess. Who really knows. The fact that Adams was not offered out of high school but is better than the player they did offer makes me wonder why they did not offer Adams coming out. After seeing him as a freshman it is apparent he was a pretty good player from day one. Wonder if they even knew who he was or passed because of his height?

There's also something to be said for coaching. Baldwin and QB coach Zach Hill have had quite a bit of success at the position going back to Eric Meyer. Oregon OC and Director of Douchey Comments agrees.

“I can see why he has been a great player at a lower level and why Eastern Washington won a lot of games,” Frost said. “Whoever coached him before did a great job with him.”

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/33410674-81/oregon-ducks-football-quarterback-vernon-adams-has-been-as-advertised.html.csp

smallcollegefbfan
August 19th, 2015, 10:16 AM
There's also something to be said for coaching. Baldwin and QB coach Zach Hill have had quite a bit of success at the position going back to Eric Meyer. Oregon OC and Director of Douchey Comments agrees.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/33410674-81/oregon-ducks-football-quarterback-vernon-adams-has-been-as-advertised.html.csp

EWU has done a great job offensively for sure. QB is a well coached position for you guys.

JALMOND
August 19th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Fentress piece on Adams, courtesy of CSNNW...

http://www.csnnw.com/ducks/vernon-adams-jr-working-grasp-details-uos-offense

Thought I'd include it when it was up. Great having Burton on the show last night as well as Burton tried to recruit Adams to PSU. PSU and EWU were the only DI schools that offered Adams a scholarship out of high school.

bluehenbillk
August 28th, 2015, 05:42 PM
Oregon today named Vernon Adams their starting QB to little surprise.

tomq04
August 28th, 2015, 06:16 PM

Prepared to set all time D1 single game passing records Sept 5.

Grizzlies82
August 28th, 2015, 06:21 PM

If Lil Shoota is starting that game I'd love to watch it. I would expect a few extra fireworks from both side of the line.
I know it is highly unlikely but I hope they televise it over here. While the outcome isn't in doubt it could still be a fun watch.

tomq04
August 28th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Pac-12 network, I suspect it's some how streamable.

clenz
August 28th, 2015, 07:45 PM
There is a site a lot like first row that I found bu lt is considerably better and more stable. I'd bet they'll carry it

veinup
August 28th, 2015, 10:25 PM

yup

tomq04
August 29th, 2015, 12:50 AM
There is a site a lot like first row that I found bu lt is considerably better and more stable. I'd bet they'll carry it

Can you share? I'd like to avoid the various virus's that plagued me last year from first row...

UNIFanSince1983
August 29th, 2015, 10:13 AM

If you had been looking earlier in this thread then it is a quite a surprise to most people on this site.