PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Gumbo in Chatty.....Remember?

Kabooom
November 22nd, 2006, 01:54 PM
Rembering my most excellent meal prior to the 2004 Championship kickoff.. The 2004 championship game between our Griz, and JMU,in Chatty...in the glass pavillion behind the stadium, tasty Louisiana gumbo, and drinks were being generously poured , and consumed ....by the Griz, and some JMU fans.. Who was responsible this great stuff?? These COWBOY dudes had driven all the way out from Lake Charles, La., to feed the fans of our two teams that didn't include their own beloved Cowboys....These guys were a real kick!..Talk about 1AA Troopers!! Anyone know them?? Met them, but their names skip my damn Kaboomed mind......Anyways good luck to the Cowboys!.....In my mind,they have Karma on their side....More Gumbo??.........Yes please...

P.S..Gumbo Boys......Will there be some of that Gumbo at Wa. Griz??...I be droolin fo sum of dat Gumbo wit my moose droolin....

Go Griz!:bow:

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2006, 04:45 PM
my question is why they didn't provide gumbo for last years champ game.

McNeese75
November 22nd, 2006, 04:49 PM
my question is why they didn't provide gumbo for last years champ game.

All our S*%T got blowed away :D

ursus arctos horribilis
November 22nd, 2006, 06:40 PM
I posted in another thread that the fellas name was Bubba and he was a supporter of Nichols State and also became good friends with many people from Missoula after the 1995 game where he came to town and cooked up the Gumbo at Red's before the game with them. He was a great guy but he passed away about a week or two ago so he won't be in Chatty to cook for the Griz if we make it this year.

chattanoogamocs
November 22nd, 2006, 06:59 PM
I was just talking yesterday on mocfans about the party hearty group that McNeese brought...and the gumbo.