PDA

View Full Version : At the Risk of sounding like Greece....

FormerPokeCenter
July 7th, 2015, 02:35 PM
I'm making a final push to raise money for the 24 Hours of Booty which rolls in 18 days in Charlotte, NC.

Like Greece, I've come to you guys, hat in hand, before and begged for money year after year, and you all have been incredibly generous. And, like clockwork, here I am again, hat in hand, begging for more money...

Unlike Greece, however, the 24HOB has some pretty austere methods and doesnt' have a bloated staff. They exist on volunteers, interns and a few hyper-dedicated, overworked staffers. Those folks are saints. They sorta have to be to put up with me...

But, I'm not telling any of you guys something you don't already know....

Honestly, I don't recall exactly how much has been raised through AGS, but it's starting to get up there, closing in on $10,000. I'll try to dig back through and get a good total here soon...But, it's pretty cool to see how you guys have really supported the ride DESPITE my and my politics ;) Clearly, you guys ROCK...

In the past I've done some challenges, thanks to The Rev, and others.

So, I've got one challenge going on Facebook. If my donors raise $1000 between now and Saturday, I'll shave my head.

All they have to do is follow the donation link and put "Shave it" in the recognition field along with the name of somebody they want to honor.

For this board, since I know I'm often overly opinionated on the political parts of the board, I'm proposing another challenge.

If you guys contribute another $2000 over the next 18 days, I'll either wear a Hillary Shirt or a Bernie Sanders Shirt for part of the ride and will provide photographic proof....just like I unfortunately had to do with The Rev's "BHO, Like a Boss" shirt two years ago...

Follow the link below, make a donation, and put either "Bernie" or "Hillary" in the recognition field. I'll ride in a shirt for whichever one of those has the highest total.

It's a great cause, it's tax deductible AND, you get to see me do something to make a fool of myself...

No donation is too small and they're all tax deductible....

http://hob24.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1311348&pg=personal&fr_id=1320

TheRevSFA
July 7th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Again. Stole my ****ing joke

dick

FormerPokeCenter
July 7th, 2015, 07:31 PM
I only steal from the best...

TheRevSFA
July 7th, 2015, 08:31 PM
See if you get another cent out of me, you leftist bastard!

FormerPokeCenter
July 7th, 2015, 08:44 PM
I probably won't get another cent out of you, but I'm betting the cancer charity will ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 7th, 2015, 10:08 PM
I think I still have a few more payments going that way so I need to see some astronauterity or whatever too. I don't know what it would look like if I saw it so you can pretty much get away with anything.