PDA

View Full Version : NDSU 1st in Sagarin...2nd in GPI

CaBisonFan
November 21st, 2006, 09:05 PM
We know that the Bison would have challenged for the title...but we can't have that...so we'll take the polls.

It was a championship year.

The team was not good, very good, excellent, outstanding, or astounding.

It was....jaw dropping good.

We know that there's no mythical championship...so we won't claim that. But we'll take the poll results.

youwouldno
November 21st, 2006, 10:20 PM
What makes the CS great is that polls don't decide things, the teams do. Hopefully NDSU will still be good when they become eligible.

CaBisonFan
November 21st, 2006, 10:45 PM
What makes the CS great is that polls don't decide things, the teams do. Hopefully NDSU will still be good when they become eligible.

I agree about the playoffs. Sorry for the venting. Two years seems a long ways away...especially with the group of players that we have now. We have a quarterback that is very, very special. They're hard to find. He reminds me of a younger Brett Favre. Competitive, feisty, accurate, smart, and nerves of steel.

I'm glad that NDSU is in I-AA. DII is dead. Patience is what I need.

UNCBears2010
November 22nd, 2006, 12:15 AM
Yeah, here's my question NDSU fans: What did my UNC Bears do wrong in the transition or what did your Bison do right to make us absolutely pitiful in the transition and you guys #1 and #2 in the polls?:bang: :bang: :bang:

TheBisonator
November 22nd, 2006, 06:55 AM
Yeah, here's my question NDSU fans: What did my UNC Bears do wrong in the transition or what did your Bison do right to make us absolutely pitiful in the transition and you guys #1 and #2 in the polls?:bang: :bang: :bang:

Well, for one thing, you don't exactly have the facilities to attract potential top recruits. You play in the equivalent of a rich suburban public high school stadium. And your basketball arena is even worse than ours (which is saying a lot).

Second thing, is that there has been accountability at NDSU (and to a good extent SDSU) from top to bottom. Accountability and discipline. Look at how your football team did with all their off-the-field issues this year. If there was accountability and discipline at UNC to begin with, none of that would ever happen.

Third thing: The pecking order.

In the Front Range, people care about the following colleges in this order:

Colorado
Air Force
Colorado State
Wyoming
Denver
(Maybe Metro State??)
Northern Colorado

This is not mentioning the Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, Avs, Rapids, etc. In North Dakota and South Dakota, NDSU (football) and SDSU (football and basketball) are the biggest thing in their entire respective states. The only thing we're competing against in Fargo-Moorhead is RedHawks baseball, the NAHL Jets (a team from the lowest of the minor leagues) and MSU-Moorhead and Concordia sports. (DII and DIII) It's like a smaller version of Lincoln's "Husker Fever" here. There's not a lot of options here when it comes to sports entertainment.

I hope you don't construe this as smack. This is just my frank opinion.

AppGuy04
November 22nd, 2006, 07:39 AM

ALOT of bad publicity

Bison77
November 22nd, 2006, 07:46 AM

For fb you needed to hire the right coach. xcoffeex

UNCBears2010
November 22nd, 2006, 01:42 PM
Well, for one thing, you don't exactly have the facilities to attract potential top recruits. You play in the equivalent of a rich suburban public high school stadium. And your basketball arena is even worse than ours (which is saying a lot).

Second thing, is that there has been accountability at NDSU (and to a good extent SDSU) from top to bottom. Accountability and discipline. Look at how your football team did with all their off-the-field issues this year. If there was accountability and discipline at UNC to begin with, none of that would ever happen.

Colorado
Air Force
Colorado State
Wyoming
Denver
(Maybe Metro State??)
Northern Colorado
This is not mentioning the Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, Avs, Rapids, etc. In North Dakota and South Dakota, NDSU (football) and SDSU (football and basketball) are the biggest thing in their entire respective states. The only thing we're competing against in Fargo-Moorhead is RedHawks baseball, the NAHL Jets (a team from the lowest of the minor leagues) and MSU-Moorhead and Concordia sports. (DII and DIII) It's like a smaller version of Lincoln's "Husker Fever" here. There's not a lot of options here when it comes to sports entertainment.

Actually, we made some really nice upgrades to our basketball arena, chairback seats, whole court encirclied, etc. And nobody cares about Metro State sports around here, FYI.

putter
November 22nd, 2006, 01:48 PM
NDSU would have been the #2 seed in this years playoffs and MSU would have been out and no one would have anything to complain about. Things will definitely change when NDSU and SDSU enter the foray in 2008! :nod:

Ronbo
November 22nd, 2006, 02:13 PM
NDSU would have been the #2 seed in this years playoffs and MSU would have been out and no one would have anything to complain about. Things will definitely change when NDSU and SDSU enter the foray in 2008! :nod:

How do you know that? You got some secret email going with the committee members? They were never ranked higher than 4th in the Sports Network poll. They might have got the 4th seed. GPI and Sargin did zero to help UMass.

Jacks99
November 22nd, 2006, 02:17 PM
UC Davis will have their shot in 2007.

ncbears
November 22nd, 2006, 02:32 PM

Colorado
Air Force
Colorado State
Wyoming
Denver
(Maybe Metro State??)
Northern Colorado

How do you know what people care about in the Front Range? Don't you live in freaking North Dakota? As for our facilities. They're being upgraded. We have the best practice facilities in the Big Sky (in Bobby Haucks words) and our football and basketball facilities have and will be upgraded. Our football stadium is getting a "team house", this goes along with business suites that are already in place. At least we play in our own stadium. You don't even own yours.

ncbears
November 22nd, 2006, 02:33 PM
For fb you needed to hire the right coach. xcoffeex

Whats wrong with Scott Downing??

UNCBears2010
November 22nd, 2006, 03:14 PM
Whats wrong with Scott Downing??

He's a nice guy and I believe he will be a good recruiter but on gameday he can't coach us out of a wet paper sack. He needs to figure out if he wants to run a spread passing attack that we saw early in the season or the power running game we saw toward the end.:bang:

RabidRabbit
November 22nd, 2006, 03:20 PM
UC Davis will have their FIRSTshot in 2007.

And so will the UNC Bears. It appears that UC Davis is more "poised" to achieve the play-offs their first year than UNC tho. :smiley_wi

UNC - Apparently your recruits are not receiving the guidance, off-season training and financial stabilities that NDSU and SDSU are bring for their athletes. In our respective recruiting areas, we don't have as many challengers as perhaps the Bears experience.

Good to Great Coaching helps immensely also. Kids that stay out of trouble and constantly improve over their collegiate careers help out a lot also.

Not much, but my :twocents:

putter
November 22nd, 2006, 03:42 PM
How do you know that? You got some secret email going with the committee members? They were never ranked higher than 4th in the Sports Network poll. They might have got the 4th seed. GPI and Sargin did zero to help UMass.

Ronbo, take it easy will you! : smh : That is my opinion because of how they are playing at the end of the year. The Griz O has not been able to put a full game together much this year and seeing how NDSU did against Poly and SDSU I feel they would have a legitamate argument for the #2 seed. Montana never lost after Iowa so it may be a mute point but if NDSU was eligible, you never know..

Gil Dobie
November 22nd, 2006, 03:49 PM
Ronbo, take it easy will you! : smh : That is my opinion because of how they are playing at the end of the year. The Griz O has not been able to put a full game together much this year and seeing how NDSU did against Poly and SDSU I feel they would have a legitamate argument for the #2 seed. Montana never lost after Iowa so it may be a mute point but if NDSU was eligible, you never know..

Playing that bad IA as Ronbo calls Minnesota, hurt NDSU.

GrizzlyEdd
November 22nd, 2006, 03:53 PM

If NDSU were in the playoffs this year, I would pitty the teams who had to play them. Especially in the first round or two. I feel that NDSU is as good a team as any of the top four teams..... including my beloved Griz.... They can claim a legitimate shot at the NC as any team in the top four. Just an opinion of course.... I think that at times teams don't take NDSU for real and take them seriously. They are GOOD... ask the Griz.. we lost our first game in the newly remodeled WGS a few years back, to those NDSU Bison... matter of fact, I think that over the years, the Griz have a losing record against the Bison....

PantherRob82
November 22nd, 2006, 04:00 PM
How do you know what people care about in the Front Range? Don't you live in freaking North Dakota? As for our facilities. They're being upgraded. We have the best practice facilities in the Big Sky (in Bobby Haucks words) and our football and basketball facilities have and will be upgraded. Our football stadium is getting a "team house", this goes along with business suites that are already in place. At least we play in our own stadium. You don't even own yours.

Wow. Sensitive issue, huh? :eek:

DavisAggie
November 22nd, 2006, 04:24 PM
UC Davis will have their shot in 2007.

Yes we will. And we have the QB of the future to take us there - Greg Denham. Davis is a QB school, and this kid, when all is said and done, may be one of the best to come through the program.

Don't sleep on Davis in the coming years! :nono:

bison95
November 22nd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Yes we will. And we have the QB of the future to take us there - Greg Denham. Davis is a QB school, and this kid, when all is said and done, may be one of the best to come through the program.

Don't sleep on Davis in the coming years! :nono:

We never will, always a great game:thumbsup: