PDA

View Full Version : Texas State vs. Kentucky

HPCAT
June 29th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Texas State is scheduled to visit Lexington to play Kentucky in 2006.

Are there any other I-AA games already scheduled against the SEC in 2006?

Just curious.

golionsgo
June 29th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Texas State is scheduled to visit Lexington to play Kentucky in 2006.

Are there any other I-AA games already scheduled against the SEC in 2006?

Just curious.

I believe we're scheduled to play at Southern Miss in 2006.

Killtoppers90
June 29th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Oh isn't THAT just swell! sUK will play Tx. State (a 1-AA team from half-way across the country) but they still won't give US the time of day. What a bunch of pansies! Go get `em Bobcats!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

McNeese75
June 29th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Oh isn't THAT just swell! sUK will play Tx. State (a 1-AA team from half-way across the country) but they still won't give US the time of day. What a bunch of pansies! Go get `em Bobcats!
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

We have the same problem in this state Topper. :(

TexasTerror
June 30th, 2005, 07:13 AM
I just wish some more in-state schools here in Texas would play the I-AA folks. Obviously, progress has been made here in recent years. Seems we're seeing more of that now.

Sam playing Tech, Baylor, UTEP. This year, there's UH and in 2006, SMU joins. The Bobcats have gotten A&M and played Baylor. Texas Southern is even hooking up with UTEP this year. Wish Rice, TCU, North Texas and maybe even Texas would join in.

Cocky
June 30th, 2005, 08:55 AM
We have the same problem in this state Topper. :(

I believe it's the same in most states. We have no luck with Alabama or Auburn. We do play UAB this year. I'm sure Troy would play us but they don't have any money and are unwilling to do a home and home.

kats89
June 30th, 2005, 09:37 AM
I just wish some more in-state schools here in Texas would play the I-AA folks. Obviously, progress has been made here in recent years. Seems we're seeing more of that now.

Sam playing Tech, Baylor, UTEP. This year, there's UH and in 2006, SMU joins. The Bobcats have gotten A&M and played Baylor. Texas Southern is even hooking up with UTEP this year. Wish Rice, TCU, North Texas and maybe even Texas would join in.

Rice and North Texas want no part of I-AA in Texas and I bet Baylor will be shying away too, just because Tx St and SHSU have made the games closer than they would like in years past. I can't wait until we go to SMU next year with Noah Allen returning as starter next year. The Ponies won't know what hits them when we roll in there. Look for SHSU to book another I-A for next year along with the SMU game. The Prez has made it a priority to try and play a couple of I-A's a season.

Killtoppers90
June 30th, 2005, 01:03 PM
It is my honest opinion, that the reason that some lower echelon, big conference teams like UK don't play the Div. 1-A squads is because they might get beaten amd look like chumps to the bigger boys. But they already lok that way because they cannot win in their own division or conference. Opinons?

GannonFan
June 30th, 2005, 01:08 PM
I believe we're scheduled to play at Southern Miss in 2006.

I'm pretty sure Southern Miss is still not in the SEC. (Conference USA actually).

Ivytalk
June 30th, 2005, 01:10 PM
What a great upset this would be! Wildcat football has sucked lately. Go, Tex State!