PDA

View Full Version : FCS Preview Magazine?

OldKat95
June 23rd, 2015, 11:30 AM
Phil Steele at one time did a preview magazine for FCS, and a thousand years ago, 1AA.org did one as well. Does anyone know of another out there that is available?

bluehenbillk
June 23rd, 2015, 11:38 AM
Phil Steele's was discontinued because he lost $$ on it.

The only two worth their salt are Lindy's - the FCS part is written by former FCS Sports Network guy Tony Moss and The Sporting News which uses FCS beat guys to write up each conference preview.

Uncle Rico's Clan
June 23rd, 2015, 11:45 AM
Phil Steele's was discontinued because he lost $$ on it.

The only two worth their salt are Lindy's - the FCS part is written by former FCS Sports Network guy Tony Moss and The Sporting News which uses FCS beat guys to write up each conference preview.

I miss reading what Tony Moss wrote for The Sports Network, he always put together great articles, and actually bothered to do a little research.

grizband
June 25th, 2015, 01:27 PM
I miss reading what Tony Moss wrote for The Sports Network, he always put together great articles, and actually bothered to do a little research.
I miss Tony Moss' reporting for Sports Network as well. He came across as very invested in I-AA football.

kdinva
June 25th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Phil Steele's was discontinued because he lost $$ on it......

.....and Herbstreit asked him to stop it......

Esso
June 25th, 2015, 08:30 PM
.....and Herbstreit asked him to stop it......

What's the back story on this?

AmsterBison
June 26th, 2015, 07:46 PM
What's the back story on this?

Latest installment of a running joke related to Herbstreit's disdain for the FCS (I believe.)

DFW HOYA
June 26th, 2015, 09:51 PM
Latest installment of a running joke related to Herbstreit's disdain for the FCS (I believe.)

It's less about disdain and more about being a good soldier for ESPN. Take Jay Bilas as an example: he's all for the Big East when it was under ESPN, but when it moves to Fox Sports 1, he pretends it doesn't exist.

ESPN doesn't care about the subdivision and its shows.

smallcollegefbfan
June 27th, 2015, 01:58 AM
Phil Steele at one time did a preview magazine for FCS, and a thousand years ago, 1AA.org did one as well. Does anyone know of another out there that is available?

Everyone lost a ton of money on it. I don't think you will ever see one again that is produced in a hard copy and lasts for more than 1-2 years. Sadly several of the schools whose fans supported it the most among FCS are now in FBS.

It is sad to see. It would be great to have one.

BisonBacker
June 30th, 2015, 04:37 PM
I have a copy of one the last year he came out with them. I'll have to keep it as a tidbit of history!