PDA

View Full Version : Drake 12th game?

Lehigh Football Nation
June 23rd, 2015, 11:17 AM
I am confused because this is not a year where FCS schools can play 12 games, unless they're playing Hawai'i:

http://www.godrakebulldogs.com/SportSelect.dbml?ATCLID=210165192&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=15700&SPID=8123&SPSID=71158&DB_OEM_ID=15700

Are William Jewell and SW Baptist both NAIA schools and "counters"? If so, then how is this schedule possible?

Uncle Rico's Clan
June 23rd, 2015, 11:58 AM
Maybe they are hoping no one noticed, but you just blew their cover.

UAalum72
June 23rd, 2015, 12:56 PM
WJC and SW Baptist are both D-II

clenz
June 23rd, 2015, 01:16 PM
WJC and SW Baptist are both D-II
Still can't play more than 11

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ccd494
June 23rd, 2015, 01:35 PM
If you aren't going to make the playoffs anyways, what do you care if you are declared ineligible?

Model Citizen
June 23rd, 2015, 01:53 PM
Not sure any of you are qualified to say what Drake can or can't do. However, ccd stumbled onto a good point.

To make the playoffs out of the Pioneer, you have to finish *second*. That's like drawing to an inside straight, very difficult.

clenz
June 23rd, 2015, 01:56 PM
Not sure any of you are qualified to say what Drake can or can't do. However, ccd stumbled onto a good point.

NCAA rules prohibit 12 games this year unless Hawaii is one the schedule.

Drake is a non counter to FBS teams so Hawaii wont be playing them.

Is the NCAA qualified?

Lehigh'98
June 23rd, 2015, 03:08 PM
NCAA rules prohibit 12 games this year unless Hawaii is one the schedule.

Drake is a non counter to FBS teams so Hawaii wont be playing them.

Is the NCAA qualified?

They've proven over and over they are not.

AmsterBison
June 23rd, 2015, 03:19 PM
They've proven over and over they are not.

Not following... are you saying that Drake's apparent screw up is the NCAA's fault?

UAalum72
June 23rd, 2015, 05:29 PM
Even if it's only a secondary violation (and it's a pretty clearly written rule), among other sanctions
(c) Prohibition of the head coach or other staff members in the involved sport from participating in any offcampus recruiting activities for up to one year; (Revised: 1/11/94)
(d) An institutional fine for each violation, with the monetary penalty ranging in total from $500 to $5,000...
(f) Institutional recertification that its current athletics policies and practices conform to all requirements of NCAA regulations;
(g) Suspension of the head coach or other staff members for one or more competitions; (Adopted: 1/11/94)
(h) Public reprimand

or the NCAA could call it a major violation and penalize the entire athletic dept.

Model Citizen
June 23rd, 2015, 05:49 PM
Suspension from recruiting won't happen. Drake will get a slap on the wrist at most. Why would the NCAA do more than that? Drake is already inflicting plenty of damage on itself, and it starts with the AD.

A new president takes over at Drake in one week. He needs to evaluate the leadership in the athletic department.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 24th, 2015, 11:30 AM
So should I have my dog sniff any mail from Iowa in the next few weeks?

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=832008

Drake nixes 12th game in 2015
Des Moines, IA (SportsNetwork.com) - One day after announcing the addition of a 12th game for the upcoming football season, Drake University removed the matchup from its schedule on Wednesday.

kdinva
June 24th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Glad their AD keeps up with such "complicated" rules, like scheduling..... xreadx

clenz
June 24th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Drake is a cluster disaster of an athletic department

Model Citizen
June 24th, 2015, 12:41 PM
So should I have my dog sniff any mail from Iowa in the next few weeks?

To the extent that you--and many others--were emailing certain people, Drake should be thankful, not angry. All of you may have contributed to saving their athletic director's job. Not sure that is the outcome you had in mind...LOL.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 24th, 2015, 01:30 PM
To the extent that you--and many others--were emailing certain people, Drake should be thankful, not angry. All of you may have contributed to saving their athletic director's job. Not sure that is the outcome you had in mind...LOL.

FWIW, never want to see anyone fired. Hope that I kept them from getting into a heap-o-trouble.

PAllen
June 24th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Couldn't they just call one of the games a "scrimmage"?

clenz
June 24th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Mid-season? Doubt it since it's an NCAA sanctioned program

JayJ79
June 24th, 2015, 09:37 PM
I call that a D+ scheduling effort

Model Citizen
June 24th, 2015, 09:53 PM
Couldn't they just call one of the games a "scrimmage"?

No. The 11-game limit applies to any combination of inter-squad scrimmages and games. (Betcha didn't know the Ivies are at the NCAA limit...)