PDA

View Full Version : Villanova @ UConn on 9/3/2015

Gangtackle11
June 22nd, 2015, 09:44 PM
Wildcats have been close getting a FBS win....will it happen on a Thursday night in Storrs, CT.?

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 22nd, 2015, 10:34 PM
I think they pull it off! UConn enters this season with not a whole lot of optimism while Villanova should be a healthy Top 5 FCS team when they visit Storrs. The Husky fans still seem to have a lot of questions about Diaco heading into his second season. Villanova is simply the better team/program right now.

I think JMU has a real good shot against SMU. That would give the CAA two wins over the AAC. To be fair, both SMU and UConn are certified conference cellar dwellers so it would say more about them individually rather than an indictment of the AAC imo. With that said, Villanova would be a very scary game for a Temple team that many "experts" are predicting to compete for the conference title.

bonarae
June 22nd, 2015, 11:41 PM
Since their exit from I-AA, UConn hasn't been strong consistently, and they've forgotten their past glory (only one BCS-era bowl appearance in around 15+ years as FBS/I-A). They're currently like Rhody or Penn (gasp).

Wallace
June 23rd, 2015, 11:10 AM
Matt Szczur is kicking as a Cub! http://m.cubs.mlb.com/chc/video/v189606783/ladchc-szczur-connects-for-solo-homer-off-kershaw/?affiliateId=clubMEGAMENU

aceinthehole
June 23rd, 2015, 11:47 AM
Wildcats have been close getting a FBS win....will it happen on a Thursday night in Storrs, CT.?

If it happens, it will occur in East Hartford, not Storrs.

UCONN has been playing their home games at Rentschler Field in East Hartford since the 2003 season. The last game the Huskies played at Memorial Stadium in Storrs was on Nov. 9, 2002 vs. Kent State.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 23rd, 2015, 11:55 AM
Hmmm... Villanova@UConn 9/3 @E. Hartford, Lehigh@CCSU 9/4 @New Britain...

Fordham
June 23rd, 2015, 11:59 AM
Go 'Nova. Hope they knock them off. They should imo

FCS_pwns_FBS
June 23rd, 2015, 12:20 PM
This looks like the most winnable FCS-FBS game to me. Good luck, Nova!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 23rd, 2015, 12:28 PM

Nope, maybe in East Hartford, CT though! :D Last year, I think you would have beat them for sure. If your OL gels early and Robertson can execute well then I think you have a very good chance for a win. The more points you score, the more difficult it will be for UConn since they've been offensively challenged the past couple of seasons. Just my $.02!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 23rd, 2015, 12:31 PM
Hmmm... Villanova@UConn 9/3 @E. Hartford, Lehigh@CCSU 9/4 @New Britain...

You shouldn't have any problems getting a ticket at the gate at the Rent! I would consider attending those games but I'll be in California for the UNH game.

HailSzczur
June 23rd, 2015, 08:20 PM
Wish this game wasn't on a Thursday night.... Can't really justify taking 1.5 days off for the game when I just started my first job. Currently I've only seen it listed as on SNY, hopefully someone down here picks it up.

32counter
June 23rd, 2015, 09:45 PM
UConn recently lost to Towson in 2013 by 33-18.Game wasn't that close.Was not an upset.Nova will have a repeat performance.Nova by 10.Too many weapons for inexperienced Huskies to handle most notably the elusive Mr Robertson.

melloware13
June 24th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Wish this game wasn't on a Thursday night.... Can't really justify taking 1.5 days off for the game when I just started my first job. Currently I've only seen it listed as on SNY, hopefully someone down here picks it up.
SNY is part of the Comcast Regional networks through a contract (but they are owned by the Mets). Mets are off on 9/3 so SNY makes sense, Phillies also off so maybe CSN-P or TCN-P will pick it up.

Nova09
June 24th, 2015, 11:12 AM
SNY is part of the Comcast Regional networks through a contract (but they are owned by the Mets). Mets are off on 9/3 so SNY makes sense, Phillies also off so maybe CSN-P or TCN-P will pick it up.

With the mets falling back to 500, it would show great mercy to both fan bases if they were kept off tv every night

Gangtackle11
June 24th, 2015, 12:29 PM
With the mets falling back to 500, it would show great mercy to both fan bases if they were kept off tv every night

I think the Phillies station wouldn't mind either given that the fighting Phils are headed to 100+ losses.

CHIP72
June 25th, 2015, 09:31 PM
IMO, it would be surprising and disappointing if Villanova didn't win. Connecticut did not have a good team last year and is not expected to have one this year either.

Go Lehigh TU owl
June 25th, 2015, 10:00 PM
IMO, it would be surprising and disappointing if Villanova didn't win. Connecticut did not have a good team last year and is not expected to have one this year either.

I feel the same way. This is a great opportunity for Villanova, the CAA and FCS in general.

Gangtackle11
June 26th, 2015, 05:56 AM
I totally understand the feeling about Villanova's chances at UConn. John Robertson & Don Cherry are marquee FCS talent, but I'm not so convinced this is a easy win for the 'Cats.

Villanova has several holes on offense that is masked by the return of the offensive magician Robertson. They lost 2 All-CAA offensive linemen in Hall & Kowalski. Their leading WR Poppy Livers & RB Kevin Monangai graduated along with reliable TE Ernest Pettway. It's unclear who will replace these players and if they will be able to produce anywhere near the aforementioned grads. They also have to solve their XP/FG issues from last season where kicking an XP or FG became an adventure & directly contributed in their 3 losses.

Defensively is where I think the 'Cats may positively surprise. They have 9 starters back and talented players ready to step in at FS (Joe Sarnese - Graduated) & OLB ( Joey Harmon). Connecticut native Don Cherry is a tackling machine @ MLB. They play a unconventional 3-3-5 defense.

I like Villanova in a close game, but I can see UConn defending the FBS flag. UConn can't possibly be as bad as their 2-10 record last season. Can they?