PDA

View Full Version : No PL Football Games Planned In CBS Sports Network Coverage in 2015

Lehigh Football Nation
June 15th, 2015, 12:16 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2015/06/no-football-games-planned-in-cbs-sports.html

Instead of feeling like a celebration of renewing the relationship between CBS College Sports and the Patriot League, to me it instead feels like the end of an era.

You can say it was only two or three football games a year, but the truth is this hurts.

coover
June 15th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Root Sports has a contract to televise a game a week for the Big Sky, and for the last two years in a row, Cal Poly is not on their schedule. Of course, the majority of the folks that can get Root are in the Northwest, and the only folks who can get it in the Central Coast of California are those who have subscribed to the Sports Channels of Dish and DirecTv. Neither of these have a lot of customers in the area, so they figure that Poly does not enhance their ratings.

It should be noted that the Cal Poly - Eastern Washington game coming this year has been rated as the best Big Sky game of the year. I know that will upset a lot of Montana - Montana State fans, who absolutely know that the game between those two schools has got to be the best. Sorry, not this year. The best game will not be televised.

DFW HOYA
June 15th, 2015, 03:13 PM
According to this link, CBSSN is going big on Conf. USA and other I-A games. The viewership for PL games probably weren't enough to justify them.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

ursus arctos horribilis
June 15th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Root Sports has a contract to televise a game a week for the Big Sky, and for the last two years in a row, Cal Poly is not on their schedule. Of course, the majority of the folks that can get Root are in the Northwest, and the only folks who can get it in the Central Coast of California are those who have subscribed to the Sports Channels of Dish and DirecTv. Neither of these have a lot of customers in the area, so they figure that Poly does not enhance their ratings.

It should be noted that the Cal Poly - Eastern Washington game coming this year has been rated as the best Big Sky game of the year. I know that will upset a lot of Montana - Montana State fans, who absolutely know that the game between those two schools has got to be the best. Sorry, not this year. The best game will not be televised.

For television purposes there is no game in the BSC that can touch UM-MSU and since that is what we're talking about with Root that is what matters.

Now might the game between EWU and Cal Poly be a more competitive better game? Sure it could be...could be...get that, it's a guess as to what will unfold so let's not pretend it's anything more than that.

The best game very well may be televised by Root. We'll know at the end of the year.

On the topic at hand, this is sad to hear for the PL.

BucBisonAtLarge
June 15th, 2015, 09:58 PM
Hopefully there will be a package of games on ASN.

UNH Fanboi
June 15th, 2015, 10:33 PM
For television purposes there is no game in the BSC that can touch UM-MSU and since that is what we're talking about with Root that is what matters.

Now might the game between EWU and Cal Poly be a more competitive better game? Sure it could be...could be...get that, it's a guess as to what will unfold so let's not pretend it's anything more than that.

The best game very well may be televised by Root. We'll know at the end of the year.

A Big Sky hijack if a PL thread! How does it feel?

GannonFan
June 16th, 2015, 08:07 AM

Why would UM/MSU be such a big TV game? I thought everyone in Montana is either in the stadium already for that game or in the parking lot drinking. Who's left to watch the television?

Lehigh Football Nation
June 16th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Hopefully there will be a package of games on ASN.

Funny you should mention this, I had the same question. LU, LC, Holy Cross and Colgate have locally produced games that are broadcast locally and streamed nationally on Campus Insiders. Fordham's and Bucknells' are not full-blown broadcasts and they were the schools that benefited the most from the occasional CBSSN national broadcast. If ASN picks up 2-3 key Fordham or Bucknell games, that might not be too bad.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 16th, 2015, 11:06 AM
Why would UM/MSU be such a big TV game? I thought everyone in Montana is either in the stadium already for that game or in the parking lot drinking. Who's left to watch the television?

The land Yacht's surrounding the stadium all have TV's that need it plus all you out of state Griz Fans want to watch it.

DFW HOYA
June 16th, 2015, 12:02 PM
LU, LC, Holy Cross and Colgate have locally produced games that are broadcast locally and streamed nationally on Campus Insiders...If ASN picks up 2-3 key Fordham or Bucknell games, that might not be too bad.

Thanks, in this case, for not mentioning the lack of broadcasts at Georgetown, which until recently was a single video camera pointed
out a window at the MSF press box. GU remains out of the PL Network arrangement and that further reinforces the poor image the program labors under.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 16th, 2015, 12:33 PM
There are quite a few Fordham and Bucknell home games that would be available for ASN to choose from:

9/5 Marist@Bucknell

9/12 Villanova@Fordham, Duquesne@Bucknell

9/19 Columbia@Fordham

10/10 Lehigh@Bucknell *

10/17 Holy Cross@Fordham *

10/24 Lehigh@Fordham *, Georgetown@Bucknell *

11/7 Bucknell@Fordham *

11/14 Holy Cross@Bucknell *

crusader11
June 16th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Having all the PL games (except for Georgetown due to some ridiculous reason that escapes me) on the Patriot League Network works just fine for me.